Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - October 2018

Crazy that another month has passed!! Anyone have their LO's Halloween costumes all picked out? I know a few of you ladies have and shared and they are ADORABLE! 
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - October 2018

• :( not ok!!! Graham is 11 months today. Planning his party and going into denial that he’s almost 1. I wish I knew if we’d have another, we really go back and forth, so I’m just trying to enjoy the mid-night snuggles and know that I’ll miss that one day. (But I’ll be functioning on sleep.. haha)
  • Happy October!

i would just like to do a PSA to take mastitis more seriously than I did...woops. My doc made me stay so they could call in the resident to look at my freakish boob. Sigh. I got a referral over to the breast center and she strong armed them in to seeing me today.  After many very large needles it is drained. I have to go back on Wednesday for a follow up but the breast center doc didn’t seem nearly as freaked out as my ob did. Sounds like they might extend my antibiotics course or swap them but it sounded like the worst is behind me. 

For holloween we are leaning towards doing a cupcake. We can build it around her sit up chair and make it warm underneath. Though this would be a diy job and I’m not really a diy kinda mommy. I’ve also been looking at ones that I could someone make using the carrier and haven’t really found anything cute and suitable for my skill level of -10. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Loading the player...
  • @2MomsHoping I just read your update on the September thread re: the mastisis and your 6WPP appointment!  :worried: I'm glad you're getting it sorted out, that sounds awful!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • @2MomsHoping ahh I’m glad you’re on the mend! Ugh that sounds terrible! Hope you’re 110% soon. And the cupcake sounds SO cute! 
  • @2MomsHoping so glad it got popped and hopefully you will be on the mend. Ouch! 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Happy October everyone! Time sure is flying by.

Brooks has to have minor surgery later this month to correct his circumcision.  He has to go under general anesthesia so I'm not looking forward to that.  But I am looking forward to fun fall activites.  I really want to take him to a pumpkin patch and Boo at the Zoo. He is the only child in our whole family so we are skipping trick or treating since he will only be 8 months. I did get him a pumpkin shirt and skeleton pjs to wear to daycare to be festive though. 
  • @mtpbadger that is a precious photo. So cute. :)
  • Oh man you guys, I'm baaaack! Sorry for the long hiatus.  I ended up with severe bilateral carpal tunnel & was having so much trouble with my hands, so I was trying to keep my computer & text time to a minimum but I think I'm on the mend & hopefully won't need surgery.

so sorry about the mastitis @2MomsHoping! So glad the worst is behind you.

@mtpbadger how adorable! I can't believe how big Abigail is :)

@Holls214 I was trying to catch up on the September board & saw they diagnosed you with fibromyalgia! Happy to hear you got some answers. How do they treat it?

Aisleigh is already 4 months tomorrow! Where is time going?! She had her check up today & is still small but right on track from visit-to-visit.  Am I crazy for already wanting another baby? She's going to be Boo (when she disguised as a monster)  from monsters inc & my nephew who's name is Sully will be Sully monster.  I might have her be something else but I feel like it'll be hard since she's young & will be bundled...no one will even see her costume.
  • @Aera11 I was wondering where you went! Sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel. Ouch. Glad it’s getying better. For the fibromyalgia I’m going to try naturopath first and hope that works because the actual meds can have a lot of side effects. Hopefully it will work. Bryson is still smaller too and just has his 4 month check up but he was 3 weeks early so. He is though 80 percentile for height and head just not weight. 
    @mtpbadger how cute!!! Can’t wait to take Bryson. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @2MomsHoping - oh wow. I hope it all just gets better from there. Mastisis is crazy - it was always my biggest fear when I was pumping. 

@Aera11 - was the carpel tunnel from the pregnancy? It was my worst symptom but never that bad - it's terrible. Glad to hear you're feeling better.  
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Happy October to all! Ozi is only 12 weeks so no trick or treating but I may get him a costume just for pics and he can help me give out candy  :)

Ozi had his 2 month old check up and shots last week and he did really well, no fever or anything. We are still working on him staying down more but no more crying it out now that my mom is gone. Thanks again for all the advice and helping me to not feel like a bad mom because I can’t listen to my baby scream. Plus this is my last 2 weeks at home with him full time so I’m taking all the cuddles I can get. I also think part of his problem with staying down is reflux. I often see him make a face then start chewing-like motions before he wakes up and starts crying and this is in the rock and play which has an incline. When he lays flat he has frequent spit-up, sometimes even coming out of his nose. Our pedi doesn’t think he needs meds since he is growing and feeding well and doesn’t seem to have much pain with it.

@2MomsHoping I’m so glad you are getting the mastitis under control. Hope you feel better soon.

@mtpbadger Abigail is too cute and that’s a precious pic!

@PolythenePam I feel your pain. I can’t even imagine Ozi at that age but I know it’ll be here before we know it. As for more kids I know I want more and so does DH but I have a lot of health issues and we can’t afford surrogacy. We recently decided that we will consider it if my health is good over the next year and we can both get in shape. Our goal is to run a marathon or something. That at least gives me hope and motivation to get in shape so I’ll take it for now!
  • Thanks all for the warm wishes on the boob front it looks so so so much better today and I was able to actually get a decent nights sleep since it isn’t hurt it so bad. 

@Polythene Pam The first birthday has to be bittersweet. I can’t belive how fast time is flying and worry I’ll blink and be there too. Are you doing a big party?  

@MMD1986 poor Brooks that would worry me too. I’m sure everything will go ok and you’ll be enjoying fall festivities soon!

@mybadger that picture is so cute!!!!  

@aera11 sorry your having the trouble with the carpel tunnel. That stinks!  If your trying to avoid surgery did they give you some physical therapy exercises to loosen it up?  I love the costume idea of boo.
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @mtpbadger ah what a cutie! I love fall for all of these activities, so cute!

@safire3 aw poor baby! My daughter had reflux (and a dairy intolerance?) and just screamed like she was uncomfortable... it did seem to pass, so hopefully you guys have some relief in sight. For a solid 3 months I let her nap only on me, it flies so if it made us both happy I didn't mind.

We'll do a small family party for Graham, we kind of set the tone with my daughter, just small family only until she turned 5. Then she got to invite friends over. Seriously I'm an art major, I should be into themed parties but I'm not, haha. My friend just threw the CUTEST Very Hungry Caterpillar themed party and I was going to copy her, but I'm back to no theme, I just don't have the brain power right now haha. I'm printing pictures of him, I'll hang those, decor is rainbow colors.. my mom passed 7 years ago so one thing I always do is make her recipe for cupcakes, so we'll do that. It's just my dad, 2 sisters and their husbands, and a niece and nephew as my husband's family all moved away. It's perfect though, my daughter is so excited and asks to hang up decorations each day. For my daughter's first birthday I had the whole family write her a message in the Dr Seuss bday book, we'll do the same, and then each year after I've bought her a special book (Dear Girl, Oh The Places You'll go, etc) and my husband and I write a letter to her on each bday in there. So I'll keep that up for Graham. I'm a sap.

@mbradfo2 WHAT a cutie! Love! And yes probably a smash cake, we did one with my daughter, just baked a cake and let her go to town. Except that she was, and still is, the cleanest child that I know and just picked at the frosting. Hopefully Graham goes to town ;)

• Hi All. I've been reading but not really able to give much input besides what all of you wise mama's have put out there. We've had a tough month. I had pneumonia, DH got the "man-flu" and we had to put our beloved beagle down. I'm glad October is here and hope for a better month. 
    Eli has been the best kid, especially as DH and I mourned the loss of our girl. He actually slept until 7:30 the morning after and took a solid nap between 8:30-10am. It helps if we wear him out during the day, granted this was a weekend. But typically he's up at 5-6am on the weekends. So it's kind of like he knew we needed to heal. Love him so much.
    October finds us taking our very first plane ride! I'm taking our boy solo to Michigan to see my sister. We are very excited. And nervous. Mostly about the flight and whether he'll handle it ok. I'm sure it will be fine and we'll have a really nice visit with his Aunt.
    Otherwise, October is a solid busy month for me work-wise. I will be working late 2 nights this week. And more the next few weeks. I hate working late because I basically don't get to see my kid until the next morning. I miss him so! We will dress him up but won't trick or treat yet. Halloween is fun because we pass out candy and have a fire pit. DH will pass out beers to all the weary parents if they want one. Eli is also >< this close to walking. He takes steps barely holding on to our hand/fingers. Very exciting! I plan to skip my exercise for the day now since I'll be chasing him around more and more. (J/K)
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• @Polythene Pam I love that you do a family cupcake recipe and the special book and letter. I’m a huge sap too. All the first birthdays I’ve been too the kid never really gets into the smash cake too much. I’m starting to think it’s some kind of urban legend. 

@mbradfo2 Anne is beautiful!  Cute little chubby baby arms.  <3

@latershrader I’m so sorry you lost your beagle. It’s just so hard nothing quite like a dog to greet you every day and loves you no matter what.  I would also be nervous about air travel. My car looks like I’m going on a two week road trip to just have a day out. Not sure how I could manage editing that down and surviving for any length of time. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @latershrader oh I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad Eli could bring you some comfort, but I'm sure it's been hard. Many hugs!

We've traveled a lot, bring snacks snacks and more snacks.. then I go to Target dollar section and stock up on "new" toys. Also a sippy cup or whatever his comfort drinking method is in case his ears bug him. It's so new and people love to make faces at little ones, it'll go great :) We bring our iPad more for our daughter to watch a show or something but there's some apps for babies, just something to look at if it's a longer flight. Of course I can't remember any of the names but like the baby touches the screen and there's a reaction, like bubbles or waves. Anything that helps :)
  • @Holls214 hopefully the naturopath works so you don't need the meds!  Aisleigh is short & light, but her large melon is in the 80+ percentile haha.

@JWatt5 yeah it's postpartum.  I didn't have it during pregnancy, which I know is common, but it's postpartum related I guess.

@2MomsHoping the neurosurgeon suggested two night braces & then PT three times a week...who has time for that?!  I am just doing some PT at home now because 3 times was way too much.

@mbradfo2 what a sweetie!
  • @2MomsHoping Eli REALLY smashed the cake. It's not an urban legend in my world! LOL! Thanks for the kind words. It's going to be a tough trip alone but I am bound and determined to do it! 

@Polythene Pam Thanks for your hugs. I am hoping to download some baby videos, he loves to watch Little Treehouse nursery rhymes on You Tube. But it only holds him for about 10 minutes. I'll look for the bubble app, good idea!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• @latershrader we also sing songs and do rhymes together, like itsy bitsy spider. Plus reading some of her favorite books. She's been on 3 flights so far, the longest to California. Between all the things to look at as people board, nursing or having a snack during take off, a short nap, and a few songs, the flight is over before you know it.
  • Any biters in the group? Any tips? Graham bites when he’s done nursing so I say OUCH and we’re done. But he’s started biting my shoulder when I hold him, i say OUCH but he starts laughing. I could put him down but it’s usually when I need to hold him (crowded place or whatever). Signed - a sore boob and shoulder mom ;) 
  • @Polythene Pam - Parker is a shoulder biter - we’re finding it’s teethinf related. We tell him no thank you and give him something else to put on his mouth (soother, teether). 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @Polythene Pam Eli did the biting thing a few months back. It was totally teething related. We told him "no biting" and like Jwatt, gave him something else to put in his mouth. He stopped in the last month or so. He even bit one of his friends at daycare! Thank goodness it stopped but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back as more teeth come in.
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• @JWatt5 @latershrader thanks! I think his teeth are such a novelty he's definitely chomping on all sorts of things, so that makes sense. I'll bust out my teething necklace and start bringing some teething toys. I know, I'm waiting for him to bite his sister... luckily she's pretty understanding but those teeth are sharp! Thank you guys!
  • @Polythene Pam - Parker tired to bite the dog one day...luckily only got fur. Finn's amazing with him but...not safe at all. Parker got me pretty bad on the shoulder one day...I was about to start weaning off the soother and changed my mind when the biting started until the front teeth are in. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @Polythene Pam Mackenzie bites kids at daycare. It's been happening the past 3 weeks. She does it when she gets frustrated with them and nothing else works (yelling at them, hitting them). Her teachers (and us) are working on a few different things. Teaching her sign language for stop, angry, and frustrated. So she can tell her teachers she's angry and they can step in. They tell her stop instead of no. I found she responds better to stop because it's a command she can follow. We say stop if she's doing something she shouldn't, we say stop and if someone is doing something she doesn't like, she can use it too. It's taking time, but she is biting less and getting help more.
  • @persnickity good tips, I forget how smart they are at this age so I need to start saying and signing to redirect him. I feel like he went from newborn to almost 1 so I’m forgetting that he can understand more! 

Oh cute pups!! @JWatt5 Graham has definitely eaten dog food haha. I have to feed my pup when we’re gone, he’s 11 and doesn’t eat all at once anymore. Graham also thinks it’s hilarious, when he doesn’t like a food, to lean over in the high chair and throw it to my dog while laughing hysterically. These kids crack me up!

• Kibble is a perfectly balanced diet, you know! He's on the right track!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mtpbadger She is a cutie, that is an amazing photo

@latershrader OOF! that sounds like a completely forgettable month. Hoping that October brings much brighter days. We traveled this summer with the twins. I scheduled it as a red eye but it was a short flight, less than two hours. Easier on them to sleep through, they didn't have any ear issues but I had chew toys on hand to help if it happened.

@JWatt5 @mbradfo2 There is nothing cutie than babies with animals. Melts my heart. We don't have a dog yet but my daughter loves dogs! My IL's visit with their dog sometimes and she loves her. She just wants to lay on her and pet her all the time. I've considered getting a dog this coming Christmas break but we'll hold off till probably next Christmas because a new puppy plus the twins will send me over the edge that I'm teetering on!

@Polythene Pam He is a cutie pie! Look at all that hair. My daughter is the one with the early amounts of hair, poor baby boy is still really sparse up there.

• @stella_700 ah are they adorable!!!
  • I love the pics of everyone's kids with the puppies! Adorable to see how much they love each other.
  • We’ve all made the cutest babies haha! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• gfgrumpgfgrump member
    edited October 2018
    Do any of you have the Snoo?  Is it worth it? Josey is so cranky lately, even right after eating, when he used to be milk drunk and chill. I usually get some calm time on a walk, either in the Ergo or the bassinet, but at home, he's mostly inconsolable.  Is this just a phase or do I need to pull from my savings to invest in a crazily expensive bassinet?? Help!

ETA: You all have very cute babies! Love.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• I think it’s probably just a phase. Bryson went through that and we found started Zantac. He was having reflux which made him uncomfortable and acting like that as well. All is better now. Some babies go through their witching hours phases as well my doctor said. 
  • I love all these babies & their fur siblings! We have a golden doodle too & she's really good with her as well; I try to keep the licking to s minimum because she loves her spit up which grosses me out.

we should have a Halloween thread of the babes in their costumes!

@gfgrump I borrowed a friends snoo to see if we liked it but ended up just using our rock n play.  Will he lay in a swing or bouncer seat?
  • @gfgrump I agree with @Holls214 on the witching hour.  We've been lucky to avoid that for the most part but I use gripe water too & that seems to help if she's fussy
  • Screams bloody murder in the rock and play. Same with the Bjorn bouncer. Basically what usually calms him is the ergo, but even that didn't work until later in the evening. Well, if its the witching hour, it basically happened all day. But hopefully its just a phase. Thanks all.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!