April 2019 Moms
Options

App/Blog/Vlog/Podcast Suggestions?

Wondering if any STM (or even FTMs with the knowledge!) have any suggestions for pregnancy apps/blogs/vlogs/podcasts to use or follow? I'm loving THIS app so far but I want more :)
I thought we could use a thread that suggests current resources. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys are into!

I'll start by sharing ones I like below:
Podcasts:
Behind the Bump
Preggie Pals
Pregnancy Podcast

YouTube:
VasseurBeauty (she has a lot of varied VLOG content including makeup/cleaning, but also some good pregnancy videos in a playlist)
Jessica Braun/JAMBeauty89 (she has mostly a beauty channel but some good pregnancy specific videos too!)
Rachel Weiland (general lifestyle with a lot of pregnancy specific videos!)

Blog:
Maternity League (kind of new/slow to upload but I like her content so far)

App:
Shine (I used this for tracking AF but also symptoms!)

Re: App/Blog/Vlog/Podcast Suggestions?

• Options
    I started using the Ovia pregnancy app and I like it so far. I only used TB for my first pregnancy, but it's nice to have 2 apps to reference now.
  • Options
    @socks2819 mentioned in the name thread a baby name app which I cannot WAIT to play with later - aptly called BabyName
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking from March....

The Birth Hour is an AMAZING podcast. My husband enjoyed listening too. It is real women who share their birth stories. We learned so much. I've been listening since my first pregnancy 2 years ago. You can search and listen by so many topics.
  • Options
    Love this idea!

I really enjoyed reading AlphaMom's blog during my first pregnancy.  She matches my sense of sarcasm :lol:.  Here is the link: https://alphamom.com/pregnancy-calendar-overview/ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scp2585 which podcast do you like the most, Im going for something thats "funny"/not too serious which will make me obsess and anxious. 
  • Options
    @kris203 Preggie Pals is super casual and conversational, I like it so far. I'm on the hunt for a lighthearted one too. I did find one geared toward Dads called "Mother F******" which I haven't listened to yet but the title alone made me smile. 
  • Options
    I like science and learn a lot from Evidence Based Birth on Facebook.
  • Options
    I need to come back to this thread later...

But I'll add for now, The Mom Hour. Meagan and Sarah are great. I also have listened to almost all of the new mommy media podcasts (preggy pals, newbies, the boob group, parent savers). What Fresh Hell is supposed to be funny but I haven't checked it out yet. 
  • Options
    Check out "birthful" podcast. I like that one. Already listened to 4 episodes this week. 
  • Options
    I downloaded the pregnancy+ app and I really like it. 
    I listen to the Harshe podcast because January Harshe is the genus behind Birth Without Fear and that's my jam lol
    You all's suggestions are just the best!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I primarily use Ovia Pregnancy and the BabyCenter app... both are awesome!

As for blogs, Pregnant Chicken is freakin' hilarious and real.

And for vlogs, my current faves are kkandbabyj (she just had her third) and Carissa Nunez (just had her second). (And I have one, too... a family vlog with weekly pregnancy updates! We're due in March, planning to do a birth vlog! I don't believe I am allowed to post a direct link, but if you search for "Hapa Family" on YT, our channel pops up at the top of the search results. :)