March 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC

Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: 2012
BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I indulged on coconut shrimp and crab rangoons this week...sssh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like we're so tame! Half the time, we forget UO, and our UO and FFFC are so short. May is already two pages in!

Well, I suppose I'll spice it up. 

My daughter slept on her stomach starting at two or three weeks old. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing yes, our board definitely tends to be tame! And you got to do what you got to do when it comes to baby sleep... On that note I guess I have a flame-ier Friday Confession - when DS was sick that first year and couldn’t sleep, we put him in his swing at the foot of our bed. It was the only way any of us slept when ear infections hit...
  • Options
    HA! @lovesclimbing I think it’s pretty tame in these two threads as well, where we actually have permission to expose our not-so-nice thoughts. 

Last week I admitted that I’m not attracted to my husband while pregnant and no one batted an eyelash.  :#  It was so bad in my first pregnancy with him that he felt so rejected and I was secretly worried that I’d end up maybe breaking up with him after baby’s birth. Then I did some research and found out it’s a very common phenomenon to find your husband gross during pregnancy; this helped both of us feel a bit better about the whole awkward issue. 

Still, there is no part of me that wants to kiss or have sex with him during pregnancy. Poor guy!!!!
  • Options
    My MIL has already asked me about a baby shower (she really, really wants to) but I’m on the fence because I have always been in the “you only get one baby shower!!” camp and would feel like a hypocrite if I had a second one. That’s true and what I told her when I said I would think about it.

The *real* reason I don’t want one is because I am super picky and don’t want to deal with getting things I don’t want or like, which is very likely in my circle even with a registry.
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    swanbroonerswanbrooner member
    edited September 2018
    I don’t like This Is Us. There, I said it.
  • Options
    I don’t like This Is Us. There, I said it.
    I've never seen it and have absolutely 0 desire to do so. I don't think I'd like it from what I've heard. 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited September 2018
    I go back and forth on this is us. I don’t understand watching dramatic, fake reality tv like the real house wives of _insert city here_. It makes my head hurt to watch large groups of people yelling over each other and acting worse than my 2 year old.

ETA: that was more of a UO, so I prefer sleeping in my bed when my husband is gone. I sleep so much better.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I have only showered twice this week. My energy has been like a 5/100.

When my SO is at work I turn the air conditioning down to 72. He likes it at 80. We live where it is has been 100 plus the last 3 months.  Which makes the only showering twice thing even grosser. He wants to buy a Nest so he can control the air conditioning when he is gone all day. I told him that is a big NO. 

I am skipping all social events because I haven’t publicly announced my pregnancy, but in reality I just have zero desire to go hang out with anybody. 
  • Options
    I cringe every time someone calls me "momma". This is happening more and more often, especially at work, and even though I know they mean only good things, it really gets under my skin. I have a feeling this will only become more frequent...
  • Options
    @keikilove Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat with my husband. I'm a FTM, so I think it's more to do with my anxiety of it messing with baby....even though I know that's crazy talk!

@mamakate1616 Me too girl! Everyone keeps bringing up doing baby showers....I wanna say, can't you just send a gift? Same time, I feel 1/2 of people don't bother with registry's either and I'll spend more time returning stuff.

My SIL's are collecting me all their baby girl clothes. It's sweet, but I have a feeling I'll be donating 1/2 of it. My husband has 4 sisters and 12 nieces / nephews...my crazy mine thinks, how many kids worse this mess? :s

On that note, selfishly, I'm happy to be the last one's having a baby. I'm tired of buying crap for all 12 bdays, etc. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    I really really hate the "opening gift" portion of baby showers. I attended two recently and I wanted to crawl away and die. It all seems so contrived (the oohs and ahhs and tears) and some gift givers were really awkward about making the moment about them. I felt like I was cringing the entire hour and my inner monologue was a continuity of "omg when is this torture going to end". I also really hate speeches at weddings, so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

I told a friend later that I was going to ban gift giving/opening at any baby shower I have and she said "oooh, that sounds like a baby shower I'd like to come to!" lol.
  • Options
    @lelkcot I'm right there with you. I've been at my job just over a month and I'm already trying to figure out if I can hold out until MH retires from the navy in April 2020. I have seriously thought about looking for another job after baby is born but I wouldn't even be there a year and so really what's the point? But I get it.

I'm also in the same boat with the "reality" TV. I've always felt like it was killing brain cells if I happened to see even bits and pieces of it. 

My confession would probably be.... I love MH but I'm super freaking irritated with him that he hasn't given up alcohol in  solidarity. If I can't drink, he shouldn't either!! Haha
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited September 2018
    Here's one inspired by lurking on another BMB's UO. Maybe this will spice things up! 

So I'm a firm believer in never say never because it can come back to bite you. So you won't ever hear me saying "my kid will never do/eat/have x."  But that's mostly because of other people. It bugs me so much when you say, "this is how we plan to parent," and people say, "oh just you wait," or "oh, you'll change your tune."  It's just so rude. And also, I firmly believe that there ARE things you can know 100% you won't do, and, gasp!, stick to that!

We said we weren't doing pacifiers. One friend said, "I know, but just in case" and gave us pacifiers. Guess what? They're still in the bottom of one of the baby boxes, because they've never once been used. And my daughter would have been a pacifier baby if we had allowed it! She looooved to suck. Always on the boob, loved to chew on our fingers. But we think pacifiers are, at best, not great, and we stuck to that. I absolutely believe you can make parenting decisions ahead of time before having a kid and stick with it. 

So vv to those people!

ETA: that was definitely phrased more as a UO. My confession was more that that's ^^ my internal response to people who say stuff like that to me along with, "well, if my resolve wasn't sure beforehand, it definitely is now."  And that I believe you can know ahead of time things you'll do and not do.,
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing I agree with the thing about people trying to give their opinions. I told a girl at work that I planned to breastfeed for a year at least and she went off on me about how I probably won't be able to and I shouldn't let my baby use me a pacifier. I was irritated with her about that! Let me have my own experience. And as far as my baby using me as a pacifier.. . Well all he's going to know for the first 9 months is the inside of my uterus. I'm not going to kick him out and then make him figure out how to comfort himself on his own. If he needs to nurse to comfort, I'm OK with that. I'm also anti pacifier so I'm totally down with him using me as one if he needs to. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing I agree with the thing about people trying to give their opinions. I told a girl at work that I planned to breastfeed for a year at least and she went off on me about how I probably won't be able to and I shouldn't let my baby use me a pacifier. I was irritated with her about that! Let me have my own experience. And as far as my baby using me as a pacifier.. . Well all he's going to know for the first 9 months is the inside of my uterus. I'm not going to kick him out and then make him figure out how to comfort himself on his own. If he needs to nurse to comfort, I'm OK with that. I'm also anti pacifier so I'm totally down with him using me as one if he needs to. 
    Ugh, I hate when people say this sort of thing. Statistically, it isn't even true. 
  • Options
    I’m pro paci. We gave DD one in the hospital.
  • Options
    I’m pro paci. We gave DD one in the hospital.
  • Options
    @navete I love that idea of not opening presents at showers. I feel it can be awkward all around! I'd rather reach out and thank everyone later. I'm not good at hiding facial expressions, so if something sucked then it would really suck LOL
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Last week I was a bridesmaid in an outdoor wedding that had swarms of mosquitoes at every turn. I used DEET repellent despite several older women telling me I shouldn't because essential oils and natural repellents did absolutely nothing.

This terrible cold is kicking my ass and I took a 600mg Mucinex even though it's not on my doctors list because I googled it and it looks like other doctor's offices are OK with it. Later I felt worried about this so I didn't take one the next day. 
  • Options
    Yaaas to non opening gifts at showers, but that’s kind of the whole point (trying to one up other people with the better/more adored gift). I also hate when the gift givers make it about them and/or make it awkward. Horrible facial expressions over here!! 

My boss was borderline anti-breastfeeding and would constantly talk about how she never wanted to do it, brought cabbage leaves to the hospital, couldn’t be bothered with the time it took to pump at work, didn’t want to have to get up at night to feed the baby, called pump sessions breaks, etc etc and routinely made weird comments about not wanting to get sprayed with milk (wtf). People say weird, inappropriate and unwelcome shit to new moms! 

I am paci-neutral. I love those cute wubanubs and had one for DD including giving it to her in the hospital. She just never really cared for it and always wanted boob. There were certainly times I wished she would take one so I could have a break but it was also nice having all that close time together and not having to “break the habit” later (her cousins have had a hell of a time giving it up!)
  • Options
    I would to not open gifts at the shower! I think I told this story before but at my shower that the in-laws threw they had men and women ... well DH and I showed up and I got told pretty much right as I got there “sorry sounds like a lot of gifts aren’t for you” by my mother in law. DH cheers for a different nfl team than I do and they had gotten the baby a lot of that nfl team gear. I am so thankful I never have to have a shower again I was so upset that day I just wanted to leave and cry in my car. You just don’t tell a 7 month pregnant woman that she shouldn’t open the gifts at her baby shower. Sorry if I’m greedy or selfish about that but I was near tears that day and every day after that I think about it. 

I can go either way on pacifiers. DS has used one since day one because they gave him one in the nursery and we used it at home. To this day he still uses one for naptime and bedtime (and sometimes if we are out and about during naptime). The kicker is he’s 18 months as of yesterday and still uses the same kind they give them at the hospital. We tried to move him up to the older age appropriate ones but he wanted nothing to do with them. He only uses them to fall asleep and then spits them out always has since day 1. We are planning to take it away around Thanksgiving when I have time off work Incase it changes his sleep habits. But he used me so much to comfort nurse as an infant too. Then I had oversupply issues and he spit up like crazy. I say do what works for you and yours. 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2018
    I breastfed and used pacis with both my daughters. The first daughter spit hers out at 6 months and never took it again, and was weaned by 18 months. My second daughter had a super strong suck. Within an hour of her birth my nipples were already flattened from top to bottom instead of round, and they were bright red and super painful. She was born with a lip tie & tongue tie but I didn’t know so the first few weeks of nursing were absolute hell. Giving her the paci saved me between nursings. (I didn’t do the surgery on her because of personal research.) She spit the paci out before 12 months but still wants to nurse to go to bed at night—she’s almost three!😩 I was one of those who swore “I’d never breastfeed past two years old—how gross!” I completely believe in “never say never”. 
  • Options
    Ha ha! Is it still an UO if half the group agrees with you? 

My confession, I absolutely LOVE pregnant sex! My libido has never been higher, thank you hormones, and 2nd trimester is the bomb for it!
  • Options
    @Lbloom amen! I actually have a libido and I agree, it feels amazing!
  • Options
    @meggyme - I hope this makes up for the postpartum tank of my libido! There's 0 desire for so long for me while I'm in heavy breastfeeding mode. (sigh). It's more of a charity for me at that point past the 6 week mark! :s
  • Options
    @Lbloom @meggyme I am so jealous! I was super into it during my first pregnancy and this time around I feel like the sexy part of me has died. We are down to once a week and it’s sad for both of us  :/
  • Options
    DH and I have only had sex twice since my BFP. Between my low libido and the progesterone suppositories until week 13, it just wasn't happening. We went on a dry spell for about 10 weeks and I'm just NOW starting to get any drive back. Poor DH .... 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Ditto! My poor husband...it's like pulling teeth for it to happen. FTM and I'm paranoid about it all lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @catlady2015 and @purpleteacher82 I'm in the same boat and I'm so sad about it. My sex drive has basically died. I feel bad for DH but bless him, he has been very patient with me.
  • Options
    I’ve had coffee today and a coke ... we very rarely drink pop in our house so much so that the only pop we have in our house is left over from DS birthday party in March ... haha! But I really want another pop ... this baby really likes sugar! 

About the sex drive yea mine plummeted last pregnancy too and pretty much is the same this pregnancy. I’m so glad to hear I’m somewhat “normal”. 
  • Options
    The low sex drive thing is happening to me right now.  It’ll be back eventually.  When I was a FTM, my mom (whom I am not close with at all) tried to advise me on “taking care of” DH when I am postpartum.  I was like, “ew, please let that be the end of your story!”

Latest confession:  I’m in denial about baby being a 5th boy.  

It’s bad, y’all.  I’m googling “ultrasound boutique wrong sex 17 weeks” because our session was really short (like 90 seconds on the pertinent areas) and I was covering my eyes the whole time, per the request of my older kids. So I didn’t see “it” with my own eyes.  There were major disclaimers to sign that they were totally allowed to be wrong and no refunds would be issued.  And the u/s machine was kind of ancient—I’ve done this a few times and have seen the whole spectrum of different quality images, even in 2D.  I won’t be able to deny it when I have my real anatomy scan on the 10th, where they have the kind of u/s imaging that shows you, like, every freckle on the baby’s face.

Sorry, little boy!  I’m sure I will get over it soon!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    @ashley14598 cake and coke sound amazing right now! My baby is craving sugar as well. I'm sure when they give me a date for the glucose stuff, I may decide to lay off lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019