May 2019 Moms

Weekend Randoms 9/29

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/29

• We went on a family movie date and saw Small Foot. Pretty cute! My son loved it! 
  • Got some blood drawn, then we went to the new outlet mall that opened by us which was NUTS. Super nice place, but so many people! I waited in line for like 40 min to get my son some pants at Carter’s. Now we’re going to a lantern festival!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat we’ve got a 2017 and a 2019-to-be. I’m definitely hoping for a 2021 and 2023 for our last two if we get blessed with that many! The 2021 could be difficult due to career stuff but we’ll see! I'm not big into putting family on hold for a job haha (though I might not have a choice)

• @k2k2tog I hear ya about kids being all over the place. I was thinking about taking my 2 year old to a fall festival today, but in the end didn't have the energy. I enjoy wandering from booth to booth, sipping hot cider and not buying anything, but she isn't quite there yet. Instead we went to her music class, visited grandma for a bit, napped, then played outside at our house. Luckily the weather (and the toddler!) cooperated. 
  • @msb615 I’m in southern Wisconsin, near Madison!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I am definitely not either, but I only just started my job in February and I had a 6 month probationary period. It would still be 100% illegal for them to have fired me for getting pregnant, but I still thought it was prudent to at least finish the school year. And, admittedly, I just wasn't really ready at the beginning of the year and DH definitely wasn't on board.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @liliumstargazer13 tbh, I think today's outing felt like such a disaster because I was so uptight and had far too many expectations. When DH handles the girls solo, he does a much better job and everyone seems more relaxed.

• k2k2tog said:
    @liliumstargazer13 tbh, I think today's outing felt like such a disaster because I was so uptight and had far too many expectations. When DH handles the girls solo, he does a much better job and everyone seems more relaxed.
    This is me so much. It roles have started switching a bit lately (since he's stressed at work he had less patience and since I'm now teaching preschool I feel like I'm sharpening my patience skills), but generally I want to control the situation you to be exactly what I want, whereas DH is more go with the flow.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited September 2018
    @k2k2tog oh I totally get it, I’m so sorry if that sounded like a dig at you, I 100% did not mean it that way. I just turned down a few opportunities because I wanted a baby more than I wanted them but this time around I’ll be finishing school and looking for a job when I’d like to have #3...really bad timing! I wouldn’t be surprised if we have to hold off on #3 in that case, and am actually expecting it because I’ll have been out of work for a while at that point...and we want to buy a house 😬

• robyn2201 said:
    I’m jealous of all you ladies that have a fall. I grew up in the Midwest and it’s one of the few things I really miss. We have summer for 8 months and slightly cooler for the remaining 4 months. I hate it! 
    Hey! We are supposed to actually get rain next weekend! And we are going from 90s to the 70s, so that is kind of like fall 😂. 

Husband worked today, so I am just trying to survive. Went to my best friend’s house so our kids could play and we could bitch about the first trimester. I’ve only thrown up 5 times today so far, so I am kind of feeling great 😑
  • I couldn’t survive in hot places. I love winter and melt if the temperature is over 85. We live in a snow belt and “lake effect snow” are three of my favorite words lol. It helps that I am a teacher and get snow days, I’ll admit. But I am excited I can finally break out the cozy sweaters. 

We we had a busy day today. Ds2 had gymnastics then ds1 had hockey, then I had moms book club. We always have a good time, but dh is on the road and ds2 makes it almost impossible to relax when you are at someone else’s house so it was not as enjoyable as it usually is when dh is there to watch the kids. Ds1has hockey and soccer tomorrow so it will be another busy day.
  • @notsoblissylissy What is this thing you call rain? I don’t know what that is. Haha.  :D
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Forced myself today to go out and buy some workout leggings that actually fit so that I can start being more active this pregnancy.  Blech all around.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Also a winter lover here! Now that we live in MA and get snow every winter we are loving it! H and I grew up in western WA, where it rains 75% of the time and school gets cancelled for icy roads. 😂 to be fair though, people there can’t handle driving in winter conditions so it’s probably for the best. 🤣
    We went to our town’s fall fest yesterday. The kids loved the inflatable obstacle course toys but didn’t want to watch the chair luge races so we went and got apple cider donuts and caramel corn. 
    Today we're going hiking. Not many leaves to peep yet but the air is crisp and cool so it’ll be nice. 
  • edited September 2018
    @vivereidescent I love the seasons but also hate February and March. The holidays are over, you’re dying for spring and it’s just COLD. 

Went to the park with DD yesterday and she had a blast! It’s so nice now that she’s walking to just let her explore and go where she wants. My back was starting to ache with the one finger hold. Today is fooootball and food- making clam chowder, Buffalo chicken dip and then grilling sausages!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 mmmm that sounds yummy!!

• Is anyone else watching Shane Dawson's series on Jake Paul on youtube? I watched all of his Jeffree Star videos. I'm on part 2 of the Jake Paul ones.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    DD2 threw up in the floor of the restaurant when we went for brunch after church this morning 😫 When we got home I settled her on a mat in her room so she wouldn't get sick in her bed, and she slept a while, but she woke up crying when I was out on my run. So DH gave her medicine and she's now sprawled half on me, half on the couch, asleep while I watch football. I've already called off for tomorrow. I hate that she's sick and I'm thankful her vomiting didn't make me ill (and I have the weakest stomach ever for vomit, so that's quite a feat while pregnant). My poor baby 😪
  • @imrachellea oh no! I hope she gets better soon and hopefully it's not something vital that she'll give to you. 

• @imrachellea oh no. Puking kids are the worst. I hope she feels better soon! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @imrachellea Man thats terrible. Hope she feels better soon. Do you think its just a stomach bug?

• @expandcontract @nopegoat @psychobutthead Thank you. She's now shifted to completely on top of me and I have to pee...

I'm hoping it's quick lived because a) I hate that she's sick and b) DH doesn't have much in the way of PTO yet since he's new, and I'm hourly so when I take off I'm not paid, but it's still easier for me to call out.
  • @imrachellea ugh that’s awful! Do you know what she has? I’ve been thinking DS is sick because he’s been dripping snot but he’s been as happy and energetic as ever so I’m pretty sure he’s just teething. Your poor girl, it’s so hard to see them sick :( 

• @imrachellea did she only vomit once? It could have just been something she ate, thankfully. Stomach flu usually causes one to vomit multiple times. I just got over a stomach bug and my family used Lysol disinfecting wipes on everything a couple times a day and no one else got it! Maybe try that in hopes of avoiding what she has. I hope she feels better quick. I don’t wish stomach bugs on anyone!
  • I am getting on a plane very early Tuesday morning and am determined not to vomit while on said plane. Please share with me the most sour candy you have ever had and where you’ve gotten it. 

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    @mrskoz428 She didn't eat much this morning, a pop tart and then milk at the restaurant. She said she was sleepy and just wanted to lay in my lap, then she started to cry while we were eating and as I carried her to the bathroom she threw up on the floor by the front counter. Then she continued throwing up in the bathroom. On the way home we had to pull over and she threw up again. She hasn't thrown up since and gave her ibuprofen so her temp is down. She napped most of the afternoon and ate a couple snacks, so far so good. But this is exactly how DD1 got sick a few weekd ago, and once the meds wore off she fought a fever and low appetite for four more days (but no additional vomiting).
  • @DuchessOfCambridge where are you going? Mind over matter on the plane. You are a vomit-free champion. I don't have any sour candy leads, speriment gum is my current savior. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge warheads? Sour skittles?

What about cranberry or pomegranate juice? 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @liliumstargazer13 Europe! @nopegoat I wish warheads stayed sour for longer but they should definitely help. Cranberry juice is usually my go to but I’m not sure I’ll be able to find anything but cranberry juice cocktail which is too sugary for me

• @nopegoat Aww they grow up so fast  
  • @DuchessOfCambridge Have a blast!! Watch a bunch of movies and suck on some warheads (@nopegoat totally agree with that suggestion)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I've been doing warheads lately (because I couldn't find sour jolly ranchers) but they rip up my mouth and tongue terribly, so I can only do 1 or 2 a day. 

• @keighty80 we're going tonight to see it! I think I'm more excited to see it than my son is lol
  • @imrachellea poor sweet one! I hope she feels better quick! I had 3 days of nausea, although I’m sure pregnancy didn’t help that! 

@DuchessOfCambridge definitely warheads!
  • @expandcontract yes! My H turned his nose up at it too and then was immediately hooked. Such a cute movie! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @DuchessOfCambridge get some ginger gum.  They sell it in the motion sickness section of the drug store. 

@expandcontract @nopegoat my son wanted to watch it the other day.  Dh left the room but you can hear the living room tv in the room he was end.  He eventually started looking around the corner to watch,  then he moved to the doorway,  the. He eventually came back in to watch it.