Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 9/29 - 9/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 9/29 - 9/30

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/12

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs, CM

R/R: it’s the weekend, finally! And it’s only a high of 72 today, I’m so excited fall is finally here! Rant- just sad to be on cycle 12 but it is what it is. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

CS/Q: none! 
  • Options
    @b_1029 so excited about fall too! I want to wear all the scarves! Have a great weekend!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, metformin, Armour Thyroid, charting, CM

R/R: So excited I was actually able to get an extra hour of sleep! I had leg day the other day and I’m having trouble moving lol but it’s a good thing! We have to go to our nephews birthday party today so that should be fun. Then my husband wants to go to a junk yard to pull a transmission since his is going bad... hopefully we can find something that works! 

CS/Q: None!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited September 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 28 WFAF

WAYDTGKU: pnv, acupuncture, herbs, raspberry leaf tea, maca, fish oil, diet changes, meditation & spiritual work

R/R: Rant/ We have a hot tub and had a drained and "summerized" in June. We made an appt over a month ago to have it recommissioned yesterday but the tech didn't know it wasn't hooked up and started filling it up without reconnecting the parts, so water poured into the base. She checked the notes after and the previous tech didn't put anything about their visit so no one else would have known. Now they have to come back in 2 weeks to get everything put back together and I don't even know if they caused damage to anything. Rave/ Feeling less anxious and a little more excited about the future right now. 

CS/Q: Nothing til AF shows up. Whenever that is.. 

b_1029 I'm sorry to see you back in WTO again, I hope you have a good weekend and get some extra self care in!
    @brookert615 Have fun at your nephews birthday!
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2018
    @mamanbebe thank you ❤️ Bought a $10 container of bath bombs from Walgreens last night so I’m ready to party, haha! Also, glad you’re feeling excited again! 
  • Options
    @b_1029 excellent choice :) i have been eyeing the bath bombs too, now that it is autumn it seems like a good time to bring on the romantic solo baths to really decompress from everything. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe that’s absolutely crazy! Good luck!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited September 2018
    @b_1029 I’m sorry about cycle 12. 72 sounds heavenly! The light here today just looks fall but this almost-90 can gtfo already.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV/coq10, Metformin, hopefully starting thyroid meds this week, charting CM/OPKs/BBT (+diet changes & trying spearmint tea for PCOS, and green tea for CM)

R/R: It’s a lame weekend here. MH and I are both sick with different contagions this weekend and just hoping we don’t swap with each other. On the TTC front, I’m so ready to be here but kinda just settling into the process. This is a great weekend to be drinking all the tea and I just ordered a new internet cheapie LH&HCG kit. And decided against FF VIP. For now. This AF has been heavy but I haven’t had a migraine all month so, yay hormones?

CS/Q:

*eta formatting bc TB made everything one giant paragraph.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    (hi ladies, just finished my required lurking period and I'm happy to have found this place to hang out with you all! Glad I don't have to do this "alone" anymore. I look forward to getting to know you but sincerely hope none of us are here long!)

Month/cycle: 3/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, BBT, CM, OPK, diet changes

R/R: my parents are visiting this week which sort of complicates the whole TTC thingthing but my hubby and I are going to go for it anyway. Just unfortunate timing... 

CS/Q: not totally sure what this stands for so I guess none :) 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise welcome! It stands for chart stalk / questions for you to post your chart and ask any related questions. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mamanbebe, still getting the hang of things. Glad to know that others are into chart stalking too
  • Options
    Hey all, im going to cautiously move back over here 'cuz I'm expected AF +2 (with a BFN this AM and also yesterday) and our timing was terrible anyways? And actually, not sure i even O'd this cycle, so ..

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 30

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, and WAS cutting caffeine and alcohol and trying to drink tons of water, but all that went out the window as the frustration mounted this cycle...

R/R: had a lovely anniversary weekend so far! We went to opera in the park and the dog was sooooo much better behaved this year! Rant: mostly just in a vague WFT body type way.

CS/Q: so, for the ladies that have been here longer, I am seeking your wisdom. We are moving into month 6. I turn 35 before we get to the 1 year mark. Should I start trying to set up appointments now, or wait another few months until I turn 35? It is weird that my age will switch from the "wait a year" guideline to the "wait 6 months" guideline when we are at about 9 months...
  • Options
    Sorry, can't edit on mobile, and had planned to tag after wrapping things up with filling in the usual blanks:

@b_1029 hello! Sorry about cycle 12, but also glad to have you with me and almost synched up on cycles because you are awesome. I am 100% with you on excitement about today being the first day where outside was tolerable. 

@brookert615 I also wear all the scarves! Quite literally one year, when everyone gave me a scarf for Xmas (I got 14 scarves that year) and I took a photo of me wearing them all at once. It is one of my favorites!

@mamanbebe sorry about the hot tub troubles. Hope they sort them out soon! 

@virginiaham hope you and YH feel better soon!

@jennifer_louise welcome! Good luck with the parents. Mine have now gotten super creepy about how badly they want grandkids and let me know exactly when they will be lravlea and returning when they go out to get coffee/food/go for a walk because, as my mom said with a wink that was TOTALLY UNNECESSARY, they "wouldn't want to interrupt anything." And I responded with, "glad to know we all are agreeing that I should be having lots of sex now." Note: my mom is an ex-hippy who definitely does not understand boundaries, so this had been a thing my whole life.
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited September 2018
    @spacepiraterunner If you got your IUD out in June and only really started trying in August, would you be at 2 cycles of trying? If it were me personally, a preconception check up now at the very least would be warranted, but not sure that in depth testing should start until you reach month 5-6 of actively trying with ovulation confirmation. Dunno how regular you are or aren't. It's really up to you though <----some might disagree with that. Not sure of the rules for men, but I wonder if an SA can be gotten sooner rather than later. For many years, focus has been put only on women for checkups, but in recent times, they are starting to recognize that their preconception health is important too. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @suzycupcake Thanks for the input! I've been feeling anxious about my age, and it really helps a lot to hear that maybe it depends on how you count (and also to know there's a good step to take now, no matter how we are counting!)

We were mentally NTNP for the first several months, but in back-counting, our timing was actually really good for over the summer, which is why I've counted them as cycles for trying. As opposed to this month, where we technically ARE trying, but our timing sucked because I had 11 days of turning digital OPK to "high" but never got to "peak" and on around day 5 DH got HIO fatigue. So if I O'd, it was probably 5 days after, which would be terrible timing. But I'm leaning towards no O, since AF is now 3 days late but I've BFN'd every day since AF was originally scheduled. So I'm ordering some cheap OPKs so I can test multiple times a day and I guess I'll start that up as soon as I see a CM change (I got super-brief EW around CD 15, but it's been abundant and creamy since then, so maybe my body just tried to O, failed, and is now getting ready for a second attempt?)

Edited to add: probably shouldn't count the first few months while my hormones evened out, right? So that'll mean I'd hit 6-7 months at my 35th. Silly, maybe, but that somehow makes me feel less panicky about being at the "you are now considered old" turning point. But I'll definitely schedule that preconception check, since I was always always regular before the IUD, so clearly something is different now. June was the first time I got AF after removal, so technically (according to my OBGYN) I was fertile when we were NTNP in May, but...yeah. No idea.

I'm gonna vote that we're just starting cycle 3 because A: that's counting from when I started frequenting Bump and learned SO MUCH about how to try more successfully and B: it makes me feel calmer :)