November 2018 Moms

Facebook Group

Re: Facebook Group

• @bkosy I am not sure about here, but I had seen people on TK Spamming a lot and we had some abuse/name calling issues in 2015. This board seems really nice, but wanted to cover our butts! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @runningyogimama! That makes sense, and I realized I wasn't reading all the rules together as one, so that was partly my bad. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for setting this up! I have to admit I'm sort of confused on why people are so against having "lurkers" join? I completely understand that there have been people in past month groups that have been manipulative or nasty (heard stories about people faking babies to get money from others, etc.) but I feel like I hope to use this group to continue connecting to others and reaching out for advice/sharing stories in a format that I find WAY easier than the bump. I don't really mind if there are people that have been using this board to read advice from others, as opposed to actively posting constantly, but maybe that's because I assume they may post more when babies are here and questions/sleepless nights are more constant.. is that just me? Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious .. 
  • I guess I'm out, since I was reported for abuse at the beginning? :disappointed:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @middleschoolmommy - I don’t think that counts (and I doubt any of the admins do either). You definitely belong in the group!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @middleschoolmommy why were you reported? Haha you’ve always been helpful and kind! I must have missed who ever reported you

sorry just nosey!
  • @middleschoolmommy - no you’re definitely in! You’re a regular poster. This would be for someone who has a bunch of abuse or SPAM issues.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mockingjay1 @offtoneverland makes perfect sense! Thanks for explaining :)
  • @linz36 - I went to PM @runningyogimama and I saw that you posted on her bump board which is public rather than messaging her. I just wanted to let you know because I didn't want your email to be available to the whole world.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• linz36linz36 member
    edited September 2018
    @mockingjay1 yeah I realized that after I hit send and then sent a message. I hope she can delete it (@runningyogimomma)

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  •  As one who hasn't been a very prolific poster until more recently (moving house while pregnant takes a lot out of you), I expect that I'm probably not active enough to merit entry into the Facebook group.  Will we be notified of the fact by the person we PM so we know not to expect an invitation?
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  @marfi236 and anyone else who messaged me, mobile bump stopped letting me search halfway through today, so if I don’t recognize you right off the bat, I’ll get to you tonight after my kids go to bed and I can get on my laptop. :) Also, my kids are being absolute terrors today, so I haven’t been on much since this morning. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Can someone explain how the FB group is going to work? Like are we going to have threads/posts for ticker changes, symptoms, questions, etc? If someone has a question or something random to say do they just post their own comment or is it supposed to go under a post so it's organized? I was never on TB with DD so I'm not sure how it works or what's supposed to be posted on FB. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland I was wondering the same thing. Some groups I’m in are hardcore and it can get kind of annoying, others are super laid back though and also kind of annoying because the same thing gets posted over and over.  I think some order should be used for the basic we know it will be posted about topics. 
    nws
  • We’ve talked about doing consistent “randoms” threads and then the regulars like “ffc Friday” and “meal plan Monday”. We don’t have a big issue with an off topic or one of post like “tell me about your favorite nursing pillow” or “what formula do you recommend”. Right now nothing is formally assigned. The hard part, in my past experience, is having something that is different than what we post on TB but still in the same spirit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My N14 group was so busy after baby was born (there were 80 some members) that we did morning, afternoon, and night randoms. I think it's nice having a randoms/general chit chat thread plus any other kind of thread that would stand on it's own (picture thread, meal planning, whatever). I don't think we have to worry about a bunch of random posts on facebook since people didn't do that here (at least not the regular posters) unless it was appropriate. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mockingjay1 yes we’ve been really lucky to have a pretty organized board here. S15 was crazy. 10 posts a day about morning sickness. I think that’s why we switched to FB super early. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. That makes sense, I guess we'll just feel it out and see what works for the group. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • My Aug ‘16 group is super organized and has a daily random thread that all sorts of stuff goes under... questions, life events, funny stories, etc. Then we have themed pots that correspond more with what we did here (UO, fitness/healthy meals, ffcf). I personally love the organization and hope it can stay somewhat organized so things don’t get lost in piles of posts. However I understand that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• See, it's funny, I like the organized posts here but over in FB, I like that people can post whatever they wanted. It really gives it life and something different from here. Also, it makes it much more relaxed and personal.

But that us just my two cents, just throwing it out there!
  • See, it's funny, I like the organized posts here but over in FB, I like that people can post whatever they wanted. It really gives it life and something different from here. Also, it makes it much more relaxed and personal.

But that us just my two cents, just throwing it out there!
    I feel this same way! It’s more organic for there to be more one-offs on FB, especially over time, along with the check in type posts. It feels more natural to me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am WAY late to post anything here and have been gone for a while. But thank you all for organizing the FB group! I've been pretty spotty with my posts so understand if I don't get approved but I hope I do. 

• Holy cow I’m late to this conversation! 
    @KellyT22 and others, thanks so much for taking the lead on this!
    I haven’t been on FB in years and years so I’m sort of hopeless in knowing how it works. I’ve also come to value my privacy quite a lot so it feels vulnerable to get back on FB. On the other hand, I adore this board and would miss everyone if I didn’t migrate. 
    Please humor me in what I’m sure are annoyingly basic questions, but just to confirm...there is no way to create a FB account without including my last name, correct? And if I make a FB account is it possible to keep it private/unfindable to everyone outside of this private bump group?
  • @MouseMama817 - you need to put a last name but I know people that put the first letter of their last name spelled out. For example, last name starts with a B their FB last name is "Bee"
    You can keep your account private. My settings for everything are pretty much friends only or friends of friends. All the personal things on there I mark for only me. I do not know how it works with the group stuff though. For example, if I join a group, idk how much of my profile someone from the group can see or if they need to be added as my friend before they can see my personal posts that are set to friends only. 

• @MouseMama817 I am in a few min groups where the girls are wild and make “sock” accounts because they catch bans. Like I said wild lol they never use their full names. 
    nws
  • @MouseMama817 you can use your middle or maiden name instead of your last name (I use my maiden). You should be able to make it so that no one can find you in a search result if that’s how you want it. 

• Thanks guys.  <3
  • @kamahina9 - the people in the group can still only see what the public can. You have to be friends with them (or friends of friends depending on your settings) for them to see anything that isn't public. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @mockingjay1 - thanks for letting me know :)

• I wish I could've stayed active with this board enough to join. My little family has had so much going on in the past few months... I could barely keep my head above water, much less worry with the horrendous Bump app. I'd open it, see that it signed me out yet again, and basically throw my phone across the room lol. Facebook is such a better platform!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 I agree with @lurvleybunchococonuts check with the admin! I also recognize you!
    nws
  • I agree with PPs @CopperBoom86. I actually have thought of you a few times hoping you were doing ok. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses