May 2019 Moms

Weekend Randoms 9/29

Happy Weekend! What does everyone have going on?

For me, husband has to work til 6 today, so it's just me and DS. I’m trying to find motivation to do something fun, but the zero energy thing makes that so difficult. I feel like I could sleep for days. The exhaustion gets better after 1st trimester right.. 

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/29

• @duchessofcambridge That sounds like a lot of fun! I don’t believe we have anywhere close by to do that, but I wish we did!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never been apple picking but it sounds like a lot of walking. 
    I'm too exhausted to do anything.  I really want my husband to take our daughter out but he's so annoying,  he won't do it alone. This is one thing i wish i could change about him.  I do have to do some stuff for work today,  not happy about that.  

• @expandcontract I’m right there with you on the exhaustion. The thought of getting us both ready to do something today sounds a bit much for me. I’m just trying to make it to nap time. 😂
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I love apple picking!  There's nowhere around here to go (and its already too late in the season even if there were) but I used to take the girls picking at the orchards by my dad's place southwest of Montreal right along the NY state border.  So beautiful there!  I'm sad that the school year now interferes with my annual fall trips.  Summer is lovely there too, but there is nothing like autumn in the east.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • There's a parade downtown today (got postponed last weekend due to the unexpected snowfall).  So we'll head down for that then probably have a pretty chill day otherwise.  I'm going to try and help MIL sort through some of the junk that they've accumulated over the last 20 years.  They put a deposit down on a new-build townhouse out in the Okanagan, which is where they plan to retire in about a year.  But when we went to check out the progress this past summer MIL was a bit shocked how little storage she was going to have.  I mean, she knew it was going to be way less space but seeing it in person was a bit of a reality check.  I told her I'd help downsize what was in the house since so much of it really isn't needed anymore.
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I have as really hoping to go this weekend but the darn stomach flu has me wanting to stick close to home. It’s Oktoberfest in my hometown (which attracts literally tens of thousands of people every year) and I’m even skipping out on that. I told DH if I’m going to feel miserable, I’m going to do it at home. Maybe we will hit up the apple orchard and pumpkin patch in two weeks. BIL gets married next weekend.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I'm totally jelly of you right now. I miss apple orchards and apple harvest season so bad! Where I'm originally from they would have the apple harvest parade and the town would be selling apple dumplings and apple butter. My highschools 4H class would spend the week making apple butter to sell at the parade.

Sorry I got a little nostalgic.

Today we are just staying at home. For our anniversary last night DH asked what I wanted and I told high for him to wash all the dishes lol. I'm easy to please. He still wasn't happy about doing dishes.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• DD1 has a soccer game this afternoon and then we are going to head over to our friends new place, swim and watch the USC game. And tomorrow night DH and I are going with friends to see Bahamas play. I might need to take a nap in the car or I’m not going to make it through the concert!!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    Having just moved back north we're taking advantage of ALL the fall things! Last weekend we went to the best pumpkin patch ever, there was a million things to do and it was gorgeous weather. Then today they had a fall foodie festival downtown that we went to with my SIL's family. I'm so excited to live where there are seasons and thrilled to finally be close to family!!! After living 1200 miles from the closest family members, it's awesome that they're only 1.5 hours away ❤ DHs parents are coming tonight, and SIL and crew are coming over as well for us to all watch the Ohio State/Penn State football game 🏈🏈🏈
  • I’m jealous of all you ladies that have a fall. I grew up in the Midwest and it’s one of the few things I really miss. We have summer for 8 months and slightly cooler for the remaining 4 months. I hate it! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

edited September 2018
    @robyn2201 This is my first time having a fall in 11 years after growing up outside Philadelphia! I'm very aware how fortunate I am this year, after 11 Florida "falls".
  • edited September 2018
    @robyn2201 where are you currently,  right now? I forgot.  
    Im a Chicagoan and I had mixed to LA for about a year (life goals,  hated Chicago winters). I was there only 4 months before I got sick of the daily sunshine. I yearned for a good rainstorm for so long.  Eventually I moved back because i missed my crazy family.  
    ETA and now I rarely ever complain about Chicago weather.  1 year in LA is all I need to cure me.

@imrachellea I was reading your post and kept thinking that you FELL. Took me a while to correct myself.  Stupid pregnancy brain,  here. 

• @expandcontract I’m about an hour inland from LA. I would move in a heartbeat but DH was born and raised here and all his family still lives here. I met him while I was in college. Chicago is one of my favorite cities!!! My parents live in NWIN near the dunes. We are long overdue for a trip back to visit. 

• We just finished fencing in our front yard and are off to the lumbar yard to get supplies to start building a haunted graveyard for Halloween. We just bought this house last winter so it'll be our first holiday season here and I cannot wait to get decorating. 
  • H was trying to be nice this morning and cooked breakfast. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, and fruit. I can't do bacon and the smell made me super sick. So I went back to bed and took a nap and then took a long bath while the smell went away. H has a local job a bit later today so the boys and I are going to do as little as possible. Wish it would stop raining. Pens were supposed to be cleaned today and with as much rain as we are getting there's no point in it. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • SO jealous of everyone’s fun fall festivities! We don’t really get much of a fall here (GA), but I’m also glad we don’t get a harsh winter either. Give and take I guess. 

@kbeers13  Same with not being on my game at work. Adulting has been rough! Good luck on keeping it from your best friends. I couldn’t do it haha Theg know, and my parents don’t even know yet. Granted my mom has a hard time keeping good news to herself. 😂

@robyn2201 Sounds like y’all have a fun weekend planned! I’m tired just reading it! Share some energy with me! 😂

@imrachellea  A fall foodie festival sounds awesome. Glad your family is much closer now! I know y’all will enjoy that so much! 

@DressageDarling Where are you again? I can’t even imagine 50s right now. It’s a “comfortable” 87 today compared to the 90s we’ve been having this week. 

@k2k2tog Porchfest sounds so neat! I would love something like that. Then again, I love anything with live music. 

• @k2k2tog porchfest sounds really cool!  
    @msb615 super jealous of your 87*F today.  It was 35* when we were getting ready around 9:30ish, up to 44* by the time we got home from the parade. Winter is right around the corner, brrr
  • @mcewen3 Wow! 😳 I would die! Haha We usually don’t get that kind of weather until maybe January or February. Stay warm!!
  • @msb615 by Jan/Feb its for sure below zero almost everyday, some days WAY below zero.  I can imagine for people just moving here from, well almost anywhere else lol, the first couple winters are probably pretty tough.  We grew up in the area so its just the norm.  But command start, heated seats, good winter gear and a heated garage definitely make it much more manageable.
  • @mcewen3 Holy moly. I would never leave the house. I’m a wimp when it comes to cold weather. If the 60s were the coldest it got, I would be ok 😂
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2018
    I was born in Vermont and used to be able to deal with the cold quite well. Living in the south for so long has made me a wimp. I'd rather deal with temps in the 100's than snow. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat same! I use to handle the cold so well.  Now the slightest bit I feel and I'm like nope! I can't handle it anymore. 

• @mcewen3 yes! Are you in Wisco, too? It was 25* when I woke up at 7:30 this morning!
  • @mrskoz428 I'm in Canada ;)  We live in Alberta but are at the in-laws in Saskatchewan right now
  • @nopegoat same! I use to handle the cold so well.  Now the slightest bit I feel and I'm like nope! I can't handle it anymore. 
    Ugh yes! My boys saw their first snow last year. I took a few pics and was like yea.. I don't miss this. Ha! It's 75 and rainy here now and I have a blanket. So ridiculous lol. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I’ve moved around a little but always lived in the Northeast, I can’t imagine living anywhere else! I would hate anywhere hot and sunny all the time, I need my seasons and weather haha. Winter is my favorite! But I love visiting other places. Living here forever apple picking is so normal that I totally didn’t realize people in other parts of the country don’t do it!

We had a great time today, DS loved the animals and squealed the whole hay ride. I sat him on some pumpkins for a photo shoot, ate a bunch of apples, and got cider donuts. We successfully didn’t bring any home since we’re going on vacation next week and wouldn’t have time to eat them. 

Also, we drove by so many Oktoberfests in other towns! I guess ours just doesn’t do one. I’ll have to keep that in mind for next year. 

• My boys were born in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016. Not going to lie, I'm kind of bummed this one isn't in 2018 ha! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • We also have had a fun fall day! Pumpkin patch with lots of fun activities for ds first thing this morning followed by berry and apple picking. He loved it, it was so much fun. He had an abbreviated nap on the way home and we are currently suffering from the effects of that! Hopefully some football later :)
    edited September 2018
    The foodie festival we went to also had the local winery as one of the draws. I managed to "trick" my SIL for now telling her I can't technically drink as per my contract so I can't be in public in the community and have alcohol. I'm not a huge drinker but I definitely enjoy a couple glasses of wine on the weekend. They're coming over in about an hour and I'm worried she'll bring wine. DH bought beer for him and my BIL and skipped wine to just make it easier to hide by not having it, I don't have a game plan if she brings a bottle...
  • @nopegoat Not going to lie, I’m a little disappointed for you! 😂 
  • @nopegoat I feel you! I have a 2014 and a 2016. We had kind of maybe planned to have a 2018, but then things with my career changed right around the time we would have had to get baby making in order to make it happen so we postponed. The gap between them will still be similar though. 

Porchfest was a little disappointing. The girls were all over the place and most of the music was oldies rock and roll - there wasn’t as much variety as I remember from the last time we went. We only made it to about 5 of the locations because DD1 decided she needed her bike and refused to listen... I look forward to the future when we’re through this stage and can enjoy stuff like this more easily. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• nopegoat said:
    @nopegoat same! I use to handle the cold so well.  Now the slightest bit I feel and I'm like nope! I can't handle it anymore. 
    Ugh yes! My boys saw their first snow last year. I took a few pics and was like yea.. I don't miss this. Ha! It's 75 and rainy here now and I have a blanket. So ridiculous lol. 
    Ugh yes! We had snow too.  I woke my daughter up for it since she doesn't remember seeing snow. She wasn't impressed and asked to go back to bed 😂