November 2018 Moms

Moms of Multiples Chat and Check In 9/25/18

smulrich16smulrich16 member
edited September 2018 in November 2018 Moms
Hi, ladies! It's been a few weeks since we've had a MoMs thread. How's everyone doing?? Has it hit you yet that you're going to have multiple infants in your care soon?

You don't necessarily need to answer the questions below - I just wanted to give us all a starting point. 

How many weeks are you? 

How have appointments been? Any health concerns? 

What type of multiples are you having? Do you feel like you're ready for them? What do you have to get done still?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns/What's going on, ladies? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms of Multiples Chat and Check In 9/25/18

• linz36linz36 member
    edited September 2018
    Oh goodness I’m making it lol!

I’m 32wks today and my fundal height was 39cm at my visit on Monday. So I’ve got a full term uterus...which makes me feel better about complaining when I’m tired or feel like I can’t get comfortable lol.  

I started seeing a chiropractor last week to help me turn baby A as she/he is still breech and I’m still aiming for a vaginally delivery.

Finally got my cribs in the mail yesterday. Just need to put them together and finish up a few touches in the nursery but then I’ll be done with that.

I panicked a few weeks ago and bought a bunch of newborn clothes. I only had like 3 sleep gowns/pjs and about 10 onsies. It’s so hard to decide how much stuff I actually need to have on hand.

Rant: I can’t believe I’m going to get bigger. I just don’t see how it’s possible....there’s no more room left.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 I did the same thing with the baby clothes a couple weekends ago! We didn't get many newborn clothes at our shower and I was freaking out - until DH reminded me we're Team Green and as soon as they're born the grandparents will be hitting up every children's store in a 20 mile radius to get gender appropriate outfits. lol 

I'm pretty sure that my belly is growing, exponentially, by the day. Just over the past few days I've been hitting it every time I go to open a door or pick something up off of the counter. It's so ridiculous! I can't believe I still have (hopefully) 5 weeks to go. I'm also majorly dreading stepping on the scale at my OB appointment tomorrow because it's out of control how huge I am. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • linz36linz36 member
    edited September 2018
    @smulrich16 I didn’t even think about the whole team green thing. I wonder if I’ll get a lot of stuff after the babies are born too. 

I second the growing belly...every day I swear it’s bigger. What ever you do, don’t google pics of twin pregnancy bellies...you’ll never sleep again lol (1st tri mistake on my part)

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • How many weeks are you? 31w 3d 

How have appointments been? Any health concerns?  Appointments have been fine...baby B was a little undersized but should catch up hopefully. I’ve been getting weekly ultrasounds and will start biweekly at 32 weeks. Officially diagnosed with GD and struggling since my body isn’t producing much insulin. The babies are both breech so I fear I’m headed for a repeat CS instead of a repeat VBAC. 

What type of multiples are you having? Do you feel like you're ready for them? What do you have to get done still?  Di/di Twins - I still need to buy a car so definitely not ready!

Rants/Raves/Questions/Concerns/What's going on, ladies?  Don’t know how I will function with 4 under 4 if I need surgery. Frustrating!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker