May 2019 Moms

UO Thursday 9/27

Re: UO Thursday 9/27

• peachy13 said:
    I love that it's starting to get chilly and darker earlier. Bring on fall and winter. Bring on hot, hearty meals for dinner. Bring on being crazy bundled up in bed all because you have to have your window open to let the cold air in. I LOVE IT.
    Image result for winter is coming
    What is the opposite of loving a comment??? Where is that button? Just kidding @peachy13, but not really. I just feel so opposite to that opinion! 

I love the summer when it is super hot and the sun is out and it's bright and sunshiny (it's a word now) and sun doesn't set until 9pm! No cold weather!!! Maybe I'm weird, just ship me off to live on an island in the Caribbean, it's the only way I'll be happy year round!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kvh22 I feel like we're the same person haha. I loved being pregnant too! I loved the bump and remember crying those first few days home from the hospital because I wasn't pregnant anymore (ohhh baby blues!). Can't wait to start showing this time around. I also remember our MOTN facebook threads slowly dying down as babies started STTN. I stopped participating too because it just felt obnoxious to be like "Just woke up from a full 8 hours!" when moms were still getting up every 1-2 hours. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @purplejoymommy I will agree with you that I absolutely love it staying daylight outside so late during the summer. I hate getting home from work and it already being dark. It’s also depressing that everything is so dead in the winter time. I do LOVE summer, but i would be ok with it not still being in the 90s a few days short of October haha 
  • Oh @chloe97 - sending you so much love. Thank you for sharing.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Another - sometimes I think ETAs are unnecessary. Not always, but if you fixed a grammatical error or your post got cut off and you're finishing it (like I just did with mine above), I don't need to know. But I get why ETAs are a thing here since sometimes things get craaaazy and I do them because it's the norm.

• @kvh22 Can you carry my baby for me? Lol... I hate being pregnant. Very much. There’s nothing cute about me when pregnant. No cute little bump, no pregnancy glow, no ooing and ahhing or cute wardrobe or anything like that. I turn into a swollen, stumbling blob. I waddle. I get crippling RLP and I’m chunky so my bump isn’t obvious at all. You know how most people are patient with pregnant women? Not in my case. Everyone else thinks I’m just fat and lazy so they feel free to literally elbow me out of the way when I walk too slow and roll their eyes while I grunt to pick something up off the ground. And the fatigue. Sweet Jesus. I’ll basically be a corpse from the end of March until I give birth  :D:#:p

• @DuchessOfCambridge I think the reason people started doing ETAs was because often people would post something awful or offensive and then go back and edit, like a form of DDing.  On the computer, it shows that a post was edited so everyone knows and by explaining your edit you were basically just letting people know that you changed it to add information or correct grammar, not to remove flameworthy content.  Because back in the day (before the exodus) you would get heavily flamed both for your flameworthy content and for your DD ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @mcewen3 oh I know! And I get that there's no way to distinguish between if I removed something flame-worthy or if I corrected an iPhone autocorrect haha so I do use them. I just always feel stupid for being like "ETA: "wasn't" was supposed to be "was", or something like that :) Which is generally what my ETAs are, dumb errors.

• @DuchessOfCambridge I'm totally with you there.  It always feels silly, and I actually just edited my post (without an ETA :o ) in the group 4 check-in right after replying to you because I missed a word.
  • @DuchessOfCambridge Umm.. I hardly ever do ETAs.. esp for grammar/typos/forgot to add replies to people/etc. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge - The glorious thing about BFing (pumping, rather) for me is that I lost tons of weight while doing it. It was great. I could eat whatever I wanted and still lose. I took that liberty seriously... my boy was quite a chunk by 6 months because my milk must've been rich. We went to dinner and he was sitting in his stroller and a passerby said to my son "Well, aren't you fat and sassy?" I miss those chunky little baby rolls!
    This was me with my first, but BFing my second did not melt fat quite the same way  :'( No way to know how this time will go but I'm definitely hoping its more similar to my first than to my second, at least in that respect lol
  • @DuchessOfCambridge - The glorious thing about BFing (pumping, rather) for me is that I lost tons of weight while doing it. It was great. I could eat whatever I wanted and still lose. I took that liberty seriously... my boy was quite a chunk by 6 months because my milk must've been rich. We went to dinner and he was sitting in his stroller and a passerby said to my son "Well, aren't you fat and sassy?" I miss those chunky little baby rolls!
    I'm petite and that makes me wonder sometimes if that's why I retained weight. I also didn't have an excellent supply so that could be another reason, and is probably more likely. I made just enough to feed DS and with effort could produce an additional 4oz to be frozen/day but it wasn't easy. I was lucky to not have to supplement - there's nothing wrong with supplementing (DS is 100% on formula now, I'm all about it) but I do think I would have stopped earlier if I had to do both. I keep hearing second time around you make more so maybe I'll lose more too!! Next time my goal may be a year, paying for formula has sucked.

• Another - sometimes I think ETAs are unnecessary. Not always, but if you fixed a grammatical error or your post got cut off and you're finishing it (like I just did with mine above), I don't need to know. But I get why ETAs are a thing here since sometimes things get craaaazy and I do them because it's the norm.
    Oops. I don't add an ETA for mistakes unless it completely changes the post. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @mcewen3 lost a ton of weight while BFing my first as well. Held on to the last 10-15lbs until I stopped with my last three.

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat you aren't giving me much hope for a better outcome this time lol
  • mcewen3 said:
    @nopegoat you aren't giving me much hope for a better outcome this time lol
    I'm sorry girl. I'm hoping for a better outcome too ha! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat my pregnancy last time definitely wasn't 100% sunshine and roses but it was pretty easy, so that definitely plays a big part in my outlook. I'm with you on the bad RLP, though. It's manageable with a support belt so might not be to the same extent as yours. I only had one or two really bad spells - the second one put me in the hospital and may have been a kidney stone but my OB thought it was just RLP since the stone was tiny. Whatever it was, it was worse than labor (full disclosure, I had an epidural).

@SpaceBurger came up with the original UO of loving the pregnant bump but I was pretty flowery. I'm so bad at thinking of my own so not trying to deflect, just want to give credit. Sounds like it's not *completely* unpoplar, although not common.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 Can you carry my baby for me? Lol... I hate being pregnant. Very much. There’s nothing cute about me when pregnant. No cute little bump, no pregnancy glow, no ooing and ahhing or cute wardrobe or anything like that. I turn into a swollen, stumbling blob. I waddle. I get crippling RLP and I’m chunky so my bump isn’t obvious at all. You know how most people are patient with pregnant women? Not in my case. Everyone else thinks I’m just fat and lazy so they feel free to literally elbow me out of the way when I walk too slow and roll their eyes while I grunt to pick something up off the ground. And the fatigue. Sweet Jesus. I’ll basically be a corpse from the end of March until I give birth  :D:#:p
    Ugh same.  I'm already fat.  So when I'm pregnant I just look fatter.  People aren't nice if they think its just all fat. 

I will never be cute and pregnant with a tiny bump.  I always look like im smuggling water melons. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Sooooo, I guess my UO is that I totally still feel guilty for not being able to BF my daughter more than 9 months. 
    I know I shouldn't, and I tried my hardest but it was just something I think I set myself up for. I have three sisters and out of all of them, I'm the "sickest." I get sick very easily, I have a lot of random conditions that they don't have. 
    One day, years ago, my mom admitted that she didn't BF me as much as the others She only did it for one month. And so in my young mind, that stuck as the reason why I have such a low immunity. It's probably not true but I guess I want to have something to blame. 
    Anyways, long story short...I always told myself I'd BF my kids as long as possible and still feel guilty about not being able to. 

• @expandcontract agree with @sleepy33. It does help immunity for a while but not into adulthood. Your feelings of guilt are valid because we’re so hard on ourselves but you’re also right that you have no reason to feel guilty. You’ve done nothing wrong!

Im definitely pro breastfeeding (pro feeding in general, really) and while I do think they’re are great benefits to it, I also think sometimes the benefits are exaggerated. Everyone told me to squirt BM into DS’s eye when he had a blocked tear duct. Pedi told me to massage. I did the BM before trying the massage, massage worked. Second time it happened, I massaged only and it was gone so fast. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge and @sleepy33 Thank you so much. But I'll admit that no matter how much people tell me not to feel guilty, I still, will deep inside. 

• megsb615megsb615 member
    edited September 2018
    @expandcontract I could not agree with Sleepy more. Breastfeeding for 9 months is absolutely amazing! I can almost guarantee you that your child will not be cursed with a sickly immune system because you didn’t make it to a year, or whatever goal you had. My son maybe got 2 months of pumped milk, and even that still had to have formula supplemented bc I couldn’t keep up. He was 100% formula fed by the time I went back to work. The worst we’ve dealt with is a stomach bug, and he got his first ear infection at 18m. My nephews who were breastfed for a year stayed sick when they were little. It just depends on the child. Be kind to yourself. You’re doing great! 
  • Awww! Thank you for all the love and support ladies! 

• Yep. Totally BF my boys for over a year and as soon as school starts they get one thing after another.

Sharing isn't always caring people!!!!!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • k2k2tog said:
    I can’t remember who had this UO, but, second babies are not always devil children and whoever is telling you they will be is WRONG. DD2 sleeps like crap and always has, but other than that, she is the sweetest kid - quick to be happy, super content, plays more independently than my four year old. Some days, I wish she would have been my first. Life would have been so much easier. (But then she wouldn’t really have been the same kid, so...)

My UO... and I hesitate to share this, because it doesn’t really matter that I feel this way... I think trigger warnings have gotten out of hand. I get that some women have very strong anxiety related to (tw?) miscarriage and complications but I feel like they go so hand-in-hand with pregnancy that TB as a whole should come with a giant trigger warning. It shouldn’t be the responsibility of women who are going through these stressful events to protect the rest of us from them. Am I off base on this? I just don’t remember trigger warnings being such a big thing last time around. 
    Wait, saying the second kid will be wild is a thing? I have only heard exactly the opposite. Everyone says the second kid is chill because they just have to fit into everyone else's schedule and lives. I'm an only so I have no idea, but in DH's family he was the easiest sweetest baby (second child) and his sister (the eldest) was the most high strung and difficult child. 

I agree that TWs have gotten out of hand on TB lately. I do think they're appreciated if someone is going to go into graphic details about loss, or if traumatic life events (rape, domestic violence, mass shootings, etc) are going to be discussed, though. 

I hate being pregnant. I complained to DH that I was miserable and I hate pregnant and he goes "but you wanted this!" I said, "No. I want another kid. Pregnancy is just a means to an end." And TBH, I looked cute with my basketball bump, but I'm freaking miserable for all 9 months. I literally don't enjoy eating anymore, I'm super nauseous this time, and OH the body pains. I should have gotten myself a cane for walking last time, and you bet your ass I won't let vanity get to me this time. I will get a hot pink one. And bedazzle it. 

My UO is that I could do without all the pumpkin spice everything. I like pumpkin pie. The end. Okay, and pumpkin cheesecake. Now, the end. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @poshspice it's the opposite. Pumpkin spice is life, pumpkin pie is meh. Pumpkin beer > pie any day. 
  • @poshspice I agree. I don’t love being pregnant. I enjoy feeling the kicks and not having to worry about sucking in, but that’s about it. The end prize is obviously worth it, but I like feeling like my normal self. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • I'm pro breastfeeding as well, but also hated it. It's convenient, but I just didn't feel that "bond" everyone says you'll have.

Ok, I'm bracing myself for flames for this UO, because I KNOW it's unpopular: I think people who post tons of pictures of their kids on Facebook/Instagram are putting themselves and their kids at risk.
    I completely agree with you on the pictures thing and I think you'll find a lot of people do too. 

• I'm pro breastfeeding as well, but also hated it. It's convenient, but I just didn't feel that "bond" everyone says you'll have.

Ok, I'm bracing myself for flames for this UO, because I KNOW it's unpopular: I think people who post tons of pictures of their kids on Facebook/Instagram are putting themselves and their kids at risk.
    I completely agree with you on the pictures thing and I think you'll find a lot of people do too. 
    I'm surprised. I've gotten into full blown arguments with a lot of my coworkers and friends over it. I don't post very many pictures of my kids (maybe 5/year) and when they ask why, it gets very confrontational.
  • @hutterflutter1019 really? Most people I've talked to are understanding.  

• msb615 said:
    @poshspice I agree. I don’t love being pregnant. I enjoy feeling the kicks and not having to worry about sucking in, but that’s about it. The end prize is obviously worth it, but I like feeling like my normal self. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    @msb615 I BF'd DD until she was almost 18 months old. DH and I started dieting during her last few weeks of nursing (April). I was back at a happy size and my body felt great for maybe 1.5-2 months before I got KU this time. I mean, we were trying pretty much the entire time we were dieting (5th cycle success!), and I ended up 7 lbs lighter than I was when I got KU with DD - so that was a nice side effect of not being successful right away. But man, I did not have my body back for very long. I don't feel like myself at all right now. But as you said, the end prize is obviously worth it!! 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker