Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 9/24

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 
Month/Cycle?
WTO/TWW? 
Ages of other child(ren)? 
Any thoughts about this cycle? 
Any questions? 
Rant/Rave/Brag:
GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? 

Re: TFAS w/o 9/24

• mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited September 2018
    What number are you trying for? #2
    Month/Cycle? 2/2
    WTO/TWW? TWW
    Ages of other child(ren)? 4+
    Any thoughts about this cycle? It may be anovulatory. I was reading up and cannabis use can do that to you, so my body may still be regulating after stopping. 
    Any questions? This is just a general question for anyone who wants to answer, but how has spiritualism (organized or otherwise) played into TTC for you with past children and now?  
    Rant/Rave/Brag: My son has mostly had long hair but I had DH take him to the barber yesterday so that it's not in his face on picture day. After a few home scissor adjustments it looks REALLY cute but DS hates it :( 
    GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? (Edit, forgot to answer this) My child is of course endlessly adorable, but lately he has been hunkering down each night after dinner for marathon games of 'Go Fish' with DH. 
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited September 2018
    Month/Cycle? 5/5
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 1 year tomorrow!
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Same ole, same ole. Just not super hopeful. You know, 20%, right?
    Any questions? Not today, but weaning has been interesting and I might have questions on that next week.
    Rant/Rave/Brag: 
    GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? DD was walking alongside me to the car yesterday after church and the president of the college was pulling out, and she turned and waved to him and his wife. They lit up and nudged each other and wave back. It was literally the cutest thing!

• Loading the player...
  • @mamanbebe - By "spiritualism" do you mean religion and other beliefs? I remember when I was TTC DD, I was very worried that I would never be able to have children once we hit 6 months TTC. But praying was able to calm those fears. As for TTC #2, I know that God will give us another kid if in his timing if it's his plan. I haven't been too worried, just discouraged here and there. 
  • @marebear15 I mean both :) I've been reading The Joy of Later Motherhood (although I'm only in my mid/late 30s now) and one of the pillars of wellness she talks about is Spirit, offering interviews with a number of women on how their own personal spirituality came into play in TTC. It's really interesting & enlightening and I was curious about the experience of women in this little community. Thank you for sharing!  
  • Sparty18Sparty18 member
    edited September 2018
    @marebear15 Hit me up with any weaning questions!

@mamanbebe Yes, religion/spiritualism has played a role for me.  Both times, it has tested my faith.  I am a planner and nothing about TTC has gone according to my ideal plan, so it is hard to give up control like that for me.  I've gone through months of praying every day, but then hit times like now where I don't even feel like I have the words to say anymore.  Our service yesterday focused on the emotional status of your heart, and I cried no less than five times during it.  They talked about certain feelings making you become someone you don't recognize, and man oh man is that true for me during TTC.  I have said and thought some very ugly things.  They talked about jealousy and how the spiritual way to combat those feelings is to celebrate the success of others.  Ouch.  That is hard for me to hear b/c I have done quite the opposite (at least internally) when finding out about others getting pregnant so easily.  So for me, this journey has and continues to force me to evaluate my own heart and soul... and it isn't pretty or easy.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 11/12  (I initially typed this above and lol'd at the thought of trying for #11 of 12)

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feels like a failure already based on the follie sizes so just waiting for a fresh start.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  It is all kinds of fall here and I've got my fall nail polish on, I've been sporting my boots and fall coats and I ordered 3 more pairs of boots this weekend!

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately?  He was playing with his little golf club set and every time he missed the hole he started saying "miss!" - I definitely don't remember us teaching him that but it's adorable.
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 16mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Odds are against us - DH is traveling during the end of FW this cycle.

Any questions? What are your kiddos going to be dressed up as? When did you start trick or treating? I thought this year DS could go to our close neighbors’ houses. Not 100% sure what we’re going to dress up as - last year he was a tiger and I was “on safari”, lol.

Rant/Rave/Brag: He’s starting to talk a little more and also wanting his paci more. I think he’s got even more teeth coming in so he’s uncomfortable. I am excited for when he’s more vocal because (not gonna lie) it is getting a little annoying to have to ask him 193738 times if he wants his water because he is pointing at it and yelling.

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? Two nights ago he was saying goodnight to DH and he kept giving DH kisses. He gave like 5 kisses!! I tried to get one, but I straight up got rejected! 

@mamanbebe I definitely prayed about it, then and now. I know it sounds cliche to say, but I know it will happen when it’s meant to be. I think it’s just hard to not know when. I’m not overtly religious and we don’t go to church every week, but I know he is there for us if we need to talk ever.

@marebear15 The TLDR version of our birth story is this: 25hrs of labor. Stalled @ 8cm for 8hrs, waited for said 8 hrs for Dr. to come and break water, baby born, Mom (me) cried ugly tears, passed out 2x when trying to pee after, ate some excellent hospital food (which was only excellent because I hadn’t eaten for 30hrs), went home @ 24hr “birthday”. Please share yours! And, happy birthday to your LO!! 

@Sparty18 I love your little story. Your LO sounds so adorable!! I am sorry you are feeling like this cycle is not working out. Hugs!!
  • @mamanbebe what an interesting question! Thanks for asking it. Hopefully your cycles normalize soon but at least you have a starting point if it is indeed an-O.

@marebear15 that's super cute! If it makes you feel better, I didn't have too hard of a time weaning. Every kid is different so you never know!

@Sparty18 I can definitely relate to some of the ways you're feeling, especially when it has to do with jealousy. We're only human.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? None yet. Last cycle was short without EWCM so I'm hoping this one is better!

Any questions? This is just a general question for anyone who wants to answer, but how has spiritualism (organized or otherwise) played into TTC for you with past children and now?  I'm a big believer in the Law of Attraction and manifesting the things you want by pouring positive energy and feeling toward them. The last time I TTC, after striking out for five months, I was feeling pretty negative. I decided to get more positive about it and really imagine the child I would have. One of the suggestions for manifesting your desires is to write about them in detail, so I did just that. I got pregnant the next month. Part of my problem right now is that DH and I are still sort of on the fence about having another kid. We both want another one in our heart of hearts, but we're afraid of raising two kids in a 900 sq. ft. home (even though we plan on "buying up" in 5-7 years), and like most people we're afraid of what it will do to our finances. I really feel like when I'm ready to actually get pregnant, I can clear the path of negative energy and it will come to me. I know many people think that this "woo-woo" way of thinking is dumb, but I know it works for me.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Our "gentle" potty training approach is somewhat working! When she feels like it, she uses the potty. The problem is consistency. I got a book from the library to help so we shall see.

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? Just some of the things she comes out with. She's big into asking, "Now what's his name?" about the characters in books or on TV,  and the other day we were watching Trolls and we told her Cooper's name and she said, "No, that's not his name." DH asked her what his name should be and she goes, "Ummm... let me think about it," and toddled off. This weekend at the playground she started swinging her arms like a Muppet and said, "I'm an octopus in the water!"
  • @riff323 Thank you for sharing all of that. I agree on finding the positive energy to overcome the challenges too. In this book I am reading, she just mentioned a book called The Energetic Fertility Method, which I'm definitely adding to my reading list after I finish this one! Also,  if it helps any, we live a similar situation of a very small home and not being able to size up anytime soon. The thing that did help was that the family who lived here before us had 2 kiddos in one room, and they are 3 or 4 years apart, so I know anything is possible! DH had a lot of logical objections like that and I ended up creating a spreadsheet, acknowledging all of them as well as what his goals are, and providing suggestions on how we can overcome stopping points and achieve goals. It definitely helped DH get over the hump (har har) but now I can see his excitement building. I just need to find mine now too. 

@lillywonderland and @Sparty18 @marebear15 Thank you as well! I was not brought up in a particularly religious home, so it's really enlightening to learn more about how others use prayer, service, etc, to help open their mind about their experience in times that are quite challenging. 

I appreciate you all opening up and sharing more about your journeys. I really want to let something else into this process to help me find peace in what is and hope for what can be, it helps to hear more about the depths of what you all are going through too xo
  • @lillywonderland - Wow! What an amazing birth story. I'm impressed that you went home 24 hours after giving birth. 

I edited my original post because I didn't want to seem like I didn't like the GTKY question. So I'll just post here. I love hearing birth stories and with my DD birthday tomorrow, it's gotten me thinking about her birth a lot. So if you'd like to share your story, I'd love to hear it! I'm working on typing mine out.
  • @mamanbebe that makes me feel a lot better. Thank you!

@lillywonderland we started trick or treating right away! We all dress up together. So far this year DD wants to be a princess but that is always open to change!
  • My birth story in spoiler:

Last year today, I woke up at 1 am with my first contraction. I was a week over due and a day away from my induction. I hadn't had any prodromal labor or painful BH, so I knew this was it. I slept off and on for the next couple of hours, having a contraction about every 15 minutes. I finally got up and took a shower and they stopped for about an hour. We decided to go ahead with our normal day, and go to church and work in children's church (it was a Sunday). It was good to keep moving around and get my mind off things. About noon, things started to speed up. I tried taking a nap because I was tired, but hated getting startled awake in the middle of a contraction. I threw up my lunch, and took another hot shower before I had to really start concentrating through each contraction. They were still about 7 minutes apart when DH decided we need to start packing rest of our bags for the car, and by the time we got to the hospital around 5 pm, they were 5 minutes apart. 

I got checked in, rated my pain at about a 5-6, and the nurse was surprised when I checked in at 6 cm. I wanted to see how long I could go without pain medication, so I got the whirlpool room in the hospital (they only had one, score!), and DH blew up my birthing ball. Two hours later I was a 7, and I got an IV of pain meds, that wore off in an hour and I got another one which also lasted about an hour. It took the edge off enough for me to focus through every contraction. But then I stalled at 8 cm and they couldn't give me any more, so I went into the tub for about 20 minutes before the nurses got worried that they couldn't monitor me. After stalling for about 3 hours, I got my water broken, but nothing came out. DD's head was right there.
    That's when I hit transition. DD had been transverse this whole time and I was feeling every contraction in my back. An older nurse barged in through the door and demanded we turn this baby! They put me on oxygen because DD's heartrate had started to decline and forced me in unnatural positions. Each contraction was horrid because I couldn't do my breathing exercises with the oxygen on, and DH wasn't there to put counter pressure on. 

They then decided I should push and hopefully DD would come out sunny side up. My OB arrived just as I started the first push. Her heartrate dropped significantly each time, and with my first push, my water came out brown. They prepped the NICU team and the OR, and my OB said if I could get DD out before the OR was ready, we could try. He used the vacuum 3 times but DD had too much hair. So off to the OR I went!
    It was a good call because DD came out with a body cord so tight it bruised her chest. When they tried to turn her, she flipped against her cord and that's why her heartrate was dropping. She failed her APGAR badly (just a 1), and was rushed to the NICU for meconium aspiration.

Even though I didn't get to hold her until 12 hours after birth, and didn't get to start nursing until about 18 hours, she was an amazing breastfeeder! And we were both able to leave the hospital 3 days after birth.

Month/Cycle? 3/3
    WTO/TWW?  TWW, but really WFAF
    Ages of other child(ren)?  2y
    Any thoughts about this cycle?   ready to move on to the next.  C'mon AF.
    Any questions?   Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag:  Kiddo was pretty fun all weekend--we spent almost all day Saturday together, out and about, and it was a blast. Makes me really sad that I don't stay home with her, though.  
    GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately?  If anyone *ahem* passes gas around DD, she'll giggle and say "Daddy toot!"  or "Mama toot!" or "Cadence toot!" (The dog)  It's hilarious.

@lillywonderland:  DD went at 15 months last fall, in her wagon, to just a few nearby houses.  We'll probably do very similar this year, too!  (She was Minnie last year, and this year is going to be Vampirina)

@mamanbebe:  I'm fairly spiritual (and became even more so after DD arrived), but haven't necessarily haven't incorporated anything specific into my TTC journey.  I do ask for another child in prayer, I guess.
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW...hoping for good news in 2 days...

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 years old, 3.5 years old

Any thoughts about this cycle? We didn't intend to start until October but decided what the heck! So it wasn't super great timing or planned out perfectly but I think still okay! I wish I could get out of my head with the symptom spotting. I'm constantly at battle with myself over whether I think I might be pregnant or not.

Any questions? I didn't have any until I wrote my GTKY response and this is more of a hypothetical question but i really wonder and hope that number 3 doesn't get left out because my first two are so close :'( my kids aren't ones to leave others out and they both love babies but the older two are 20 months apart and they go through similar experiences shortly after one another and they very much are into the same things at the same time but #3 will at the earliest be 4 years younger than my son. I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things but the mom guilt no matter what the situation is real!

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? I missed it but yesterday my daughter (just started kindergarten a few weeks ago) and son came into our bedroom in the morning to ask what day it was and to ask if she had school, when my husband told them she had the day off he said they both had the biggest smiles and ran out to play with each other  <3 Real life- the happiness probably lasted for 30 minutes and then someone was arguing over something  :D haha 90% of the time they are the best of friends but they of course still argue!
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• What number are you trying for?  2 
    Month/Cycle? Month 9 
    WTO/TWW? I *think* WTO. My cycles are a mess. 
    Ages of other child(ren)? He's 2!
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I have another appointment with my rheumetologist next month, and I get the results back on some testing. We're hoping to get to the bottom of my wonky cycles. 
    Any questions? 
    Rant/Rave/Brag: 
    GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? He was a monster today, but yesterday he picked out a barbie doll which looked like me, (chosen over elsa even!) and has been carrying it everywhere calling it "Mama doll" - He even brought it to daycare today, which is mostly little girls, so he could play "mama doll" at "nicos" 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin:  adorable!  We have a Hillary Clinton nutcracker (that a super conservative aunt got liberal-me as a gag gift, but I LOVE it!). DD got it out yesterday and was playing with it and started calling it "mommy" - I almost burst with pride. 
  • Okay, weaning question ( @Sparty18 ). DD drinks about 25 oz of BM a day, 15 in 3 bottles at daycare, and a morning and night nurse. Every time I replace those oz with cow's milk, she gets up in the MOTN starving. Is it just too early to start weaning? She's 12 months today and I've been playing with her milk for about 2 weeks with no success.
  • @marebear15 First of all, happy birthday to your DD!  Congrats on making it one year strong!  As background, I dropped the daytime nursing/pumping sessions within a few weeks of him turning one and then kept up the night/morning sessions for a couple more months.  One thing I started to do during that time when we encountered some MOTN wakeups likely due to hunger is after I would do the night nurse, I would also give him a bottle of cow's milk after it before putting him down.  I think because of the weaning, my supply was dropping and he likely wasn't getting as much from me at night as he used to.  I also then got away from just giving him cow's milk at the times he used to nurse/take a bottle in the past... and I made the cow milk more readily available throughout the day.  I found he wasn't drinking as much in one sitting as he did with breastmilk, so I just made sure he had more opportunities to drink cow's milk.  I gave him oatmeal in the morning that I made with 3-4oz of cow's milk as well so I knew he was getting those oz.  I also started increasing the size of his meals and snacks as they need more from food and don't require as much from milk at that age now.  It took me probably a few months to really feel comfortable with the amount of milk he was taking.  Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense!
    Month/Cycle? 9/10
    WTO/TWW? tww
    Ages of other child(ren)? 6
    Any thoughts about this cycle? not hopefully as usual. Coming up on year and need to figure out what our next steps are.
    Any questions? none
    Rant/Rave/Brag:
    GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? I told dd that dh and I use to work together in college and I was his boss. She said 'that was cool that you were daddy's boss and you're still his boss now'. I was like I sure am Haha
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW (9 DPO)

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not super hopeful since we didn't have the best timing this go around. I did make DH hide all my tests too so that I wouldn't be tempted. I have an OB appt on Friday to talk about our fertility issues and see if we should keep trying on our own or go back to the RE. I'll be 12 DPO then so maybe they'll make me pee on a stick??

Any questions? None.

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? DS has been super whiny recently but he's also starting to recognize certain words and point to stuff that I say. It's super cute. He also met by parent's dog this past weekend and kept calling him "pup pup" and would get so excited whenever he came near him lol. 
  • @smmatt08:  Welcome!  And congrats on "pulling the goalie"  :)
  • @marebear15 and @Sparty18 All in God's timing. Prayer is a very powerful thing, keep up your faith in Him, he is Almighty and can do anything.

Also @marebear15 your birth story is amazing, thank you for sharing. I need to share my LO's story; its too long and I could write it into a short story book.

Month/Cycle? 2/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is one year next Wednesday! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Was very hopeful last cycle due to being one day late and then getting a BFN. Happy though, it means we can keep trying and have no reasons yet why we wouldn't be able to concieve naturally😊

Any questions? Can't think of anything yet

Rant/Rave/Brag:  DD did well with her surgery last Thursday and came home from hospital yesterday. We are today trying to get back into a daily routine.

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately? Nothing new lately, she does this adorable side to side wiggle dance when she wants to show off to people and make them smile. I feel like I thought her that😉

Month/Cycle? 3/2 (yay, 2!)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I took Provera and got my period right after so I’m super happy to have my period! This is my first PP period 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’ve been gone for a bit since we’ve been moving and in this limbo stage. We’re still in limbo but I’ve at least started my new job and we have our interim apartment. Boy is it convincing to save money faster for building when you go from a 4 bedroom home to a 2 bedroom apartment!

GTKY: What is something cute/sweet/funny your kiddos have done lately?  Being her mom, I think everything she does is cute :) but one thing, is how she dances. When she’s excited in her high chair, she lifts her arms up and shakes her body side to side. 

• @mrsjqg1024 I may have missed this since I’ve been away for a little bit, but did you make your RE appt already?
  • I’ll type mine since I enjoy reading them too! @marebear15 my birth story is in the spoiler (hopefully... I’m on mobile)

I went to my 38 week scan at 37+4 since Friday’s worked better with my work schedule. I was 3-4 cm dilated and 90% effaced at the appt so the midwife stripped my membranes. I had read that doing this could make things happen or they could just “grow back” so I didn’t get my hopes up... even though the midwife said “get ready to have a baby this weekend!”
    the next day, DH and I picked up a bed full of mulch from a friend. I did so laps around the block since there was only one shovel. I was having super light contractions every 15-20 minutes so I didn’t really think much of it. That night, my neighbors threw me a surprised baby shower. So I ate a bunch and timed my contractions since they were now at 10 minutes apart... but still nothing serious. 
    We went home after, had sex, and went to bed. I woke up at 2:45am when I rolled over and my water broke. We left the house about 3am and in the car ride over, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and definitely more painful. We arrived at the hospital and went to the wrong door so we had to walk around looking for an unlocked entrance. As we were about to get in the car to drive to the other side, we saw some nurses leaving their shift. They kindly let us in when they noticed me contracting haha. 
    I got into triage about 4am and I was 6 cm. I got admitted and requested an epidural. Shortly after she took my blood, I felt the need to push. At 4:45 am I was 10 cm. They yelled down the hall to get a doctor so I could push. At 5:06 am, DD was born. They didn’t even have the results back to know if I could get an epidural haha. 
  • @mokay19 - 6 to 10 cm in 45 minutes! Wow you go girl. And med free, I love it!
  • @mokay19 Not yet. I have a regular OB appt tomorrow morning to talk through if we should just go back to my RE or if we should continue to try for a few more months on our own. Part of me just wants to go back to the RE, do all of the testing again, and go from there. I almost feel like continuing to try on our own is going to waste time since I already know all of the issues that I have. 
  • Not full birth stories but something I thought of when reading @mokay19's story!

With my daughter (my first) I requested an epidural and had to wait for the doc (small hopsital), they weren't sure if or when the anesthesiologist would get to me so in the meantime they gave me a shot of dilaudid, finally anestheliogist was free and came to give me my Epi, this all happened within about 15 minutes or so all the while I finished dilating quickly and when it came time to push I definitely felt it!

With my son 20 months later I got the epidural and when it came time to push I realized very quickly that with my daughter I didn't have enough time for the epi to work or it was a failed epidural because let me tell you there was a BIG difference and a working epidural is wonderful LOL 
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• On the struggle bus today. One of my friends just announced she is pregnant. She was MH best friend in college and he met me and she met her guy around the same time. We got engaged close together, married about 5 month apart, and our first kids are just 4 days apart. It hurts more than I thought it would.
  • Hugs @marebear15.  I can relate all too well.   <3  Do something nice for yourself today.
  • @marebear15 that’s so hard. I’m sorry ❤️
  • @marebear15 That's tough. Agree that you should do something for you today. 

• @marebear15 I agree that you should take a day for yourself.
    My older sister had her first the weekend that I conceived my first. Now she’s due with her second at the end of October so I have this imaginary time frame in my mind to be knocked up then and I just know it won’t happen and it bothers me that it bothers me!

@mrsjqg1024 I feel you on being so torn. I also think it’s just nice to be seen by the RE and then you’re already in the position to decide to do treatment or not. You don’t have that in between waiting period then. So you might as well get that waiting period over now before the trying gets more frustrating!
  • @marebear15 Go do something special for yourself today. Pedicure, new shoes, massage...whatever! Remember we are all here to support you and we all ❤️ you! 
  • Thank you ladies for all the love!