3rd Trimester

Midwifes brew 3rd time

So I am currently 38 weeks and 3 days, this is my second baby. I have been in so much pain so uncomfortable currently 1-2 cm dilated. I have tried the midwifes brew 2 times now with no luck how many of you moms have tried it multiple times?. How long did it take to work?. 

Re: Midwifes brew 3rd time

• ummamaysa said:
    So I am currently 38 weeks and 3 days, this is my second baby. I have been in so much pain so uncomfortable currently 1-2 cm dilated. I have tried the midwifes brew 2 times now with no luck how many of you moms have tried it multiple times?. How long did it take to work?. 
    Baby will come when baby is ready.  Yes the end of the 3rd tro is very uncomfortable, but dont rush baby out.  I walked around 4cm for 2 weeks with babysitting head completely engaged before going into labor.  Every moment counts while baby is in there (unless medical issues, of course). 
  • Was your midwive’s brew recommended by your midwife? Otherwise, I’d be concerned to use some concoction without checking with a doctor. Also 38+3 is still early. Many FTM’s go past their due date. It’s tough, but try and relax.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • ummamaysa said:
    You're only 38 weeks. Average pregnancy length is 41 weeks. That leaves potentially 3 weeks for your baby to continue to develop, particularly the lungs, which is the last organ to mature. Once they're FULLY mature, a fetal protein will be released into your bloodstream, which will stimulate the onset of labor. I know it's uncomfortable at this stage, but this is what you signed up for, and you can be a big girl and deal with it for a few more weeks.It's worth it for your baby.

If you have access to a chiropractor, that can be very helpful. Hang in there! It's almost over.
  • I agree with PPs. People think "oh, 37 weeks is full term, come on out baby," but full term stretches all the way to 42 weeks. 38 and a half is still quite early, and your baby obviously needs a bit more time.

I suggest looking up actual statistics on when babies come. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2220340/