Pregnant after IF
Options

First Trimester Check-In w/o 9/24

This is a place for those who got their BFP after IF and are in their first trimester to introduce themselves to other PAIFs and get some support! 3  3 

How far along are you? / EDD 
How are you feeling? 
Any recent / upcoming appointments? 
Thoughts/Concerns? Questions:
GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
dx with POCS 7/2009
TTC on & off since 1/2012
September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

Re: First Trimester Check-In w/o 9/24

• Options
    How far along: I’m only 4w3d EDD is May 31/June 1 depending if I go off LMP or conception date. 

How feeling: not too many symptoms yet. Sore breasts but I’m on progesterone and I’m a little tired. 

Upcoming appointment: Friday I’ll get my HCG and progesterone drawn again. Saturday my hcg was 31 and today it was 52 (48 hours later) it’s still within the range of doubling by 72 hours but it concerns me how slow it’s rising. Anyone experience this? A slow to rise hcg that started fairly low to begin with. And my progesterone was 58 Saturday (I thought 88 but I heard wrong) and today it was 61. So that’s good. 

Halloween costume: Not sure yet lol
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6+5/ May 15
    How are you feeling? Symptoms come and go- just anxious. 
    Upcoming appointments: Had an ultrasound today- 6w+5 days- baby measured on track and heartbeat of 138 however
    tw- the gestational sac is measuring a week behind - she said it could mean nothing or it could be something.   We went through IVF and lost our last two pregnancies (the most recent loss at 9 weeks) so all is so stressful.   End TW  
    GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween?  Possibly.  I usually try to. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @heatherrunner
    A slower rise and lower numbers could mean a later implantation, perhaps? You'll know more on Friday, I suspect; I'd say you should try not to worry too much since it's still on track and your doctor wasn't concerned. But obviously, easier said than done. I had higher betas than you (twins) but also had a bit of a slower initial rise - not quite 48 hours but within the 72 hr bracket. At the 3rd beta 72 hrs later, it had picked up alot and was over 5k by the 4th (another 72 hrs later). (304 --> 528 in 48 hrs then to 2020 and finally 5157). It still made me worry! 

@bpietronicco
    Yeah, the early weeks are so incredibly stressful, especially with previous losses. Small differences on a scan could mean nothing, could mean something, and all we can do is wait. I tried to distract myself as best I could and focus on other things since thinking about what was going on was way too stressful. <3

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    How far along are you? / EDD 
    13 weeks today (April 2). This is my last update here!

How are you feeling? 
    Great, except I'm so exhausted by the end of the day. 

Any recent / upcoming appointments? 
    My OB said I'm low risk so I'm on a standard schedule of scans (ie not very often!) So, nothing now until 16 weeks. I'm trying to relax about it. I know the stats are on my side at this point at least.

Thoughts/Concerns? Questions:
    Anxiously awaiting results of prenatal screening (NT scan + blood work). I snuck a peek at the NT measurements and it looked good to me! (1.0 mm NT). Just want to get that full analysis back now. 

GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? 
    I should have a good bump going by then so I guess I should start looking for cute costume ideas :):)

@bpietronicco I know how worrying those early betas and scans are! Try not to stress - easier said than done - and fx that you get great results. The internet is a blessing and a curse for this. I spent two entire work days googling other people's beta results when mine started really low. 

About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @scikap I feel you on the infrequent appointments. I have my first OB appointment tomorrow and then nothing until the end of October. That is an eternity away!

@bpietronicco Try to stay positive. Easier said than done, but you got this!!

How far along are you? / EDD  10 weeks - 4/20

How are you feeling?  Great! Starting to be less nauseous which is amazing. I'm still really tired by 7-8pm though. We're going to MT with some friends this weekend and I'm nervous that I'm going to be taking an uber back to the hotel at 9 because I can't hang. 

Any recent / upcoming appointments? First OB appointment is tomorrow!

Thoughts/Concerns? Questions: Nothing right now!

GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? I usually dress the pooch up and wear mouse ears or something stupid to pass out candy. I really don't know why I chose this as a GTKY because halloween isn't my favorite. In my works, halloween is the last day I have to pretend not to be excited about christmas  <3 

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• Options
    Thanks for keeping this going, @madasm0530 ! And @heatherrunner and @bpietronicco , good luck and please keep us posted. 

How far along are you? / EDD - 13 weeks, 4 days. EDD March 29, 2019. (I think I'm technically still first tri?! Or...?? Why this is so confusing, I don't know.)
    How are you feeling? Feeling good overall! Still some random evening nausea. 
    Any recent / upcoming appointments? Bloodwork this coming Thursday to check my thyroid levels, then OB appointment next Thursday (10/4).
    Thoughts/Concerns? Questions: I'm a little frustrated because I've been waiting on a refill for my thyroid medication, but it's being bounced between my fertility doc (who left me a message yesterday saying they can't fill it since I don't see them anymore, which I get - but I assumed they could at least refill it this time since they did refill my progesterone after I was no longer with them) and my regular OB. Hopefully I can get it by tomorrow or Thursday morning. Go figure this happens the week they're checking my levels! 
    GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? Yes! My 7 year old daughter wants us to be Storybots so I guess I'm not doing anything bump-specific though. 

• Options
    Anyone else having sleep issues? 

The past few weeks I've been waking up between 3-5 and not being able to fall back asleep. H thinks I'm going to bed too early, but I'm only going to bed because I'm tired. Maybe I'm stuck in a stupid cycle. Anyway, I have my first OB appt today so I will definitely be asking about safe sleep aids (melatonin?)

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• Options
    @madasm0530 i seem to wake up 97% of nights at 3:00 and usually am up for 1.5-2 hours.  Awful!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    @mayflower513 isn't it the worst! I didn't love the NP I saw yesterday, but she thought that maybe I was going to bed too early and that's what was causing me to wake up in the middle of the night. I don't buy it.. 

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2: