April 2019 Moms

Week 1 (Due 4/1-4/7) Check in w/o 9/24

1. Due date? 

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Questions for the group?

3.  Any appointments this week? 

4.  How are you feeling? 

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing? 

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching?

Re: Week 1 (Due 4/1-4/7) Check in w/o 9/24

• 1. Due date?  April 1, last week of first trimester, here we are!  Woohoo!

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Questions for the group? We are announcing to family/friends this week at our housewarming party.  (our parents and my sisters know, but my niece doesn't, nor does any extended family).  I'm so excited, my family is going to lose their minds when we tell them and be so over the moon.  Then when we spring it on them that we know it's a boy already, they are seriously going to go crazy.  

3.  Any appointments this week? Nothing this week, next week though. 

4.  How are you feeling? I'm feeling great.  I have more energy, and I have no more nausea (unless I go too long without eating, but I was like that before pregnancy).  My boobs are still sore, but it's not as bad.  I really just want to POAS everyday now to make sure everything is ok, but I know I can't be psycho. 

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing? Nothing, I'm so lazy.  I pay for a personal trainer at the gym, I need to get back to going and using what I'm paying for!  Now that I'm feeling better I think I can do it! 

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching? Thinking about trying to catch Single Parents and A Million Reasons Why.  Looking forward to the new season of Chicago PD, Fire, and Med, as well as Hell's Kitchen- I LOVE Gordan Ramsay. 
  • 1. Due date?  April 2. @aqualicious THANK YOU for that reminder! We are so close!

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Questions for the group? I mentioned in randoms but I got the call today that we are having a low risk, healthy baby girl. I burst into tears when I heard her say LOW RISK. It's been such a bright point in what has been a really dark week with family stuff.

3.  Any appointments this week? Nothing this week. I had two last week. We don't see anything until mid-October.

4.  How are you feeling? I feel better now. I've been feeling very run down and stressed out about the tragedy that's taken place in my family over the last week. I'm looking forward to the healing that will come in the time ahead.

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing? Nothing, I really need to get back into it. I'll likely just walk on my lunch hours as that is what works best for me right now.

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching? A Million Reasons Why does look good. Honestly, since getting pregnant I haven't watched too much tv. I'm usually in bed by 8pm each night.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Loading the player...
  • @BarefootContessa I loved your post for the low risk baby girl!  I'm sorry you are having a difficult time family wise.

• happymoni21happymoni21 member
    edited September 2018

1. Due date? 

April 2, due date twins with @BarefootContessa. Congratulations on the healthy girl!

Trying to get over my pity party. In addition to usual pregnancy symptoms, I had to have emergency surgery at 9.5 weeks, recovery has been tough and now I have a cold. It's just feels like I have been unwell forever!  :'(

Check-in with my midwife on Wednesday, hoping to get the results of my first trimester screening since my first NIPT came back inconclusive and I won't have the results of the second NIPT yet.

4.  How are you feeling? 

Other than my pity party, pretty good. I am getting better and I am really looking forward to officially being done with the first trimester.

Slowly building up post surgery by walking to and from work (~60 mins total), doing Pilates and physio.

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching?

We don't have cable, need find something good to get into on Netflix!
  • 1. Due date?
    EDD April 3. Does trimester 2 start at 13 weeks or after 13 weeks? Asking for a friend....

Just figuring out a fun way to break the news to my jr high kids this Friday. I’m thinking I’ll tell them I have bad news and good news and go on and on about the bad news being that I have a growth in my abdomen that will need to be removed eventually and I’ll have to go On a leave for the removal and recovery, get them all worked up, etc.  Then I’ll hit them with the good news that the growth is a baby. I’ve been bursting to tell them the news so this will be fun :)

None this week but heard baby’s heartbeat loud and clear at the doctor last week. I’ve got the requesition to schedule my 20 week ultrasound already so I can get that into the calendar pretty soon. 

4.  How are you feeling? 
    Generally ok in the mornings and progressively more tired as the day goes on. This is our first baby so I’m feeling lucky that I can pretty much put my feet up and go to bed early almost every night. 

Really none besides being on my feet all day, and I don’t feel great about it. The weather has been crap around here lately (snow in September! Yay, Canada!), so walking hasn’t been an option for the last week but it’s supposed to be lovely tomorrow so we’ll get back at it!

Im a Netflixer, so I’m working my way through The Good Place season 2 :) Also, I don’t know if/where you ladies can watch Baroness Von Sketch show, but if you want some lols, I highly recommend!!
  • 1. Due date? 4/2 - second tri here we come!

My emotions are closer to the surface and I’m more defensive and there is zero accommodation from DH. Grr. On the other hand, props to him for flipping his anger off in this exchange: dh: I’m mad! Me: what why? I was serious! DH: you weren’t being snarky? You were sincere? Me: yes. DH: oh. Okay. Have fun at storytime. *muah*

MFM across the state, where they can actually see my records from DD’s birth. Because the local hospital in the same system apparently doesn’t have access to inpatient records. 

4.  How are you feeling? 

So asymptomatic that I feel like I could be on “I didn’t know I was pregnant!” (If Depo or an iud had failed).

I need to try publicly declaring my intention to take long stroller walks again - I’m too busy making excuses and not busy enough getting exercise in.

I’m a Netflix and Amazon Prime girl, in a house of cable news watchers. I’m still working on the Great British Bake-off season, and then hope the Crown comes back.
  • 1. Due 4.2.19

2. Pregnancy-related random: I'm hoping to feel baby soon

3.  No appointments this week

4.  I'm feeling great! And I am extra hungry and still fighting naps.

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing? Well, I take walks now and then... Now that it's fall I hope I'll have more motivation to take a decent length walk more frequently.

No
  • Aaaaaand I'm back with this group!

1. Due date? April 7

Story about due date: based on LMP, I would be April 4. However, I know I ovulated late because of surgery, and based on that I estimated April 10. The last u/s calculated April 7, which I figured was a happy medium; exactly 3 days from April 4 and April 10! But who knows...I could still be second week of April. In any case, I'm going to treat April 7 as my due date.

3.  Any appointments this week? Had an u/s on Saturday and my routine check-up today. Both went well! Seems like the baby is a kicker.

4.  How are you feeling? Nausea comes and goes, mostly subsiding. Currently fighting off sinusitis induced by allergies--really missing my go-to pharma but natural remedies are doing the trick.

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing? I joined a Fit4Baby class that meets once a week and trying to go to the gym 1-2 times more...my schedule has been all over the place right now so it's been inconsistent and this sinusitis has certainly halted any good intentions

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching? I didn't know Fall Premiere Week was a thing...but I kinda live under a rock.
  • @lyse01 I got really into the Great British Baking Show this summer! I felt too yucky to eat or make food lots of days, but for some reason couldn’t stop watching cooking shows!
  • @suchagoodone ...*whispers* did you know that there were like 27 spin off series in different countries and many many of them are on YouTube? Irish, Australian (which had four or five seasons), American, South African, Canadian...oh and also the charity specials with British comedians baking? *tiptoes away*

hope you didn’t want to watch anything else this fall.
  • @lyse01 I’m already all over the Canadian version and to be honest I’ve only watched the latest GBB season so I have A LOT to look forward to! I also enjoy watching Bon Appetit videos on YouTube! I don’t cook basically at all but I sure love food!
  • @lyse01 :D Also, "I didn't know I was pregnant" is the best show ever. Especially the "Top 10 Countdown" special. 
  • @loveanddatadriven it’s okay, last time I nearly got fired in first tri because nausea was so severe it was literally all I could do to hold a cup of steaming lemon-ginger tea in front of my face and sign my name. Printing out a form letter? Too hard.

I don’t know that I could watch too much more than a top 10 countdown, but the top 10 must be amazing.
  • @lyse01 Oof. Pregnancy is weird. Why is it so different from pregnancy to pregnancy for the same mother?
  • 1. Due date? 4/4

2. Pregnancy-related AW/vents/randoms for this week? Questions for the group? I already have round ligament pain and my emotions are a rollercoaster still. Nausea has gotten a lot of better. Does anyone drink tea? I love sleepy time tea but I’m not sure if I can drink it now pregnant. 

3.  Any appointments this week? Next appointment is October 1

4.  How are you feeling?  Feeling good actually. Not as tired as I was a few weeks ago. I think I felt the baby move. I’m a TTM so I’ve read that with each pregnancy you can feel the baby earlier. Could just be gas though haha.

5. What kind of prenatal exercise(s) are you doing?  Yoga!! I’m a big yogi. Great for the bedroom too!!!

6. It's Fall Premiere Week! Are there any new shows that you're looking forward to watching? Yes!! Greys anatomy, how to get away with murder, American horror story. This is us lol 
  • @mamabear1010 I drink tea! Except I’ve cut all black tea out (bye bye Lady Grey, Russian Caravan, and whatever else is in my box o’ leftovers), and stick to Lemon-Ginger and Peppermint. Honestly, they’re my favorite anyway, but I’m bummed I can’t drink down the other boxes.

I remember looking into chamomile and not being confident it’s okay but a quick google is not helping me figure out WHY. I don’t think it’s an abortifacient like rue or yarrow, but it looks like there’s not much data on pregnancy usage (just herbal lore that it’s good for insomnia). It appears unstudied but generally safe during lactation: https://www.toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search2/f?./temp/~M5JYrC:1