May 2019 Moms

Group 1 (EDD May 1-7) Check-In w/o 9/24

I didn't see this already started, I hope it's okay I made it.

This thread is for those due May 1-7  3

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list?  Bonus points for gifs.

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 1 (EDD May 1-7) Check-In w/o 9/24

• Due date/W+D: May 2, 8+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Any appointments? Questions?:  Friday we have our first ultrasound with our OB office!  

Rants/Raves?: So much weepiness this time around.  I cried because I saw a service for selling misshapen produce and I felt bad for the cucumber.  BUT we are going to Disneyland Thursday!

How are you feeling?: Super anxious for Friday, and nausea on and off.  Freaking exhausted and weepy.

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list?  Bonus points for gifs. John Krasinski

Chris Pratt

Jared Padalecki

Ryan Reynolds

Evan Peters - it makes me feel super weird to admit this one because he does such dark stuff. Also, for anyone watching the current season of American Horror Story... Cody Fern is climbing the ranks quickly.

• @mrsdee15Thanks for starting the thread! I have also been so weepy. Even random Facebook posts about people I don't know make me cry more lol

Due date/W+D: 5/1, 8 weeks 5 days! 

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear :)

Any appointments? Questions?: first ob appointment Wednesday, hoping to be able to hear a heartbeat on doppler! 

Rants/Raves?: not really...

How are you feeling?: still tired, waking up at 4am every night so I haven't been sleeping very well lately. Also vomited today at work and wasn't able to make it to a bathroom so I had to use a garbage can right in the middle of everything... embarrassing! 

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list? Hm... don't think about this a ton, but definitely Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans! My husband has a similar look, so I definitely have a type ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: May 5th/8w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry or Lego

Any appointments? Questions?: My first appt and dating scan are Friday! I'm so excited and nervous!

Rants/Raves?: Bought some side panel maternity pants and they are way more comfy than I expected! Last time I did full panel only. Hopefully they stay comfy.

How are you feeling?: I feel like a bag of asses. Awful cold thanks to my wonderful offspring and I'm sad that I can't take the good drugs. The runny/stuffy nose is making my nausea way worse and I just want to lay down, but can't :(

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list?  Bonus points for gifs.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    jeffrey dean morgan twd GIF

Stephen Amell
    stephen amell roleplay GIF

John Krasinski 
    jim halpert television GIF

Zachary Levi
    zachary levi chuck GIF

And last but certainly not least!
    Sexy Blue Eyes GIF

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• kmw611kmw611 member
    edited September 2018

I have been trying to get back to this all day!

Due date/W+D: 8w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): a raspberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: meet with my first midwife Wednesday. I am super excited. My backup OB appointment isn't until 10/8. 

Rants/Raves?: none really. My childhood best friend just confirmed his flight details to Washington about an hour ago so yay for seeing him for the first time in 6 years, even if it's not for great reasons (his mom's in the hospital with leukemia) I guess I could rant about cancer lol. 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling great. A little insomnia but that could be due to the chainsaw that has replaced my fiancé at night...

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list?  Bonus points for gifs. I was never a religious friends watcher (my SIL would probably kill me for admitting that, she's obsessed) and I've never put much stock or thought in a freebie list but for funzies here's what I came up with. 

Jason Momoa

Chris Hemsworth

Kit Harington

Ryan Reynolds

Jensen Ackles

**edited my gif fails. I will figure it out lol**

• Due date/W+D:  8+2

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: dating scan tomorrow!! So anxious and excited. 

Rants/Raves?: DD is sick for the second time in three weeks meaning I will get it soon and prego and sick is the worst!!!!!  

How are you feeling?: ughhh just trying to function 

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list? 

1.) Liam hemsworth 

2.) Ryan gosling 

3.) Tom hardy 

4.) Alex Pettyfer 

5.) John legend (yes even with the Arthur memes still hot to me lol)

• Due date/W+D: may 3rd, 8w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut

Any appointments? Questions?: next appt is oct 4th

Rants/Raves?: just kind of feel like I’m chugging along

How are you feeling?: nauseous on and off, completely unable to breathe at night but not congested, it’s weird. I just keep mouth breathing and the dry mouth when I wake up is driving me crazy.

GTKY - Way back in season 3 of Friends, Chandler mentioned having a "freebie" list - a list of your top 5 celebrities to sleep with.  Who is on your list?  

Ryan Reynolds

Chris hemsworth

George Clooney

Kevin Costner lol

Robert Downey Jr

• @aels12 I've been getting that congestion thing too - it's so frustrating!

• I am moving over to this thread since my doctor told me today that my due date is May 6th not May 8th like I had thought (big deal two days)

Due date/W+D:  5/6/18  8 Weeks 1 day today

Baby is the size of a(n): Not sure Rasberry?

Any appointments? Questions?: Yes today, had an u/s and saw the heartbeat, it all looks good. 

Rants/Raves?: None so realeaved now. 

How are you feeling?: Ok boob pain has subsided so i was concerned but am doing ok now. 

1. Chris Evans

2. Jake Gylenhal

3.  Hemsworth (doesn't matter which one)

4. The Rock 

5. Chris Evans (I know)

• @MalonT23 So glad your ultrasound went well!  

And for all of you that mentioned Chris Evans, you're right.

Thank you all for humoring me with this GTKY - it started out as a joke with my best friend, we've kept our running "lists" since we were about 14.  

• @MalonT23 Can't really go wrong with any of the Hot Hollywood Chrises

Or really anyone else mentioned on everyone's lists above.

@fuscok88 Definite appreciation for Jason Momoa and Jensen Ackles

• @mrsdee15 so accurate. All the lists are pretty spot on😂 It was so hard to get only 5
  • @fuscok88 My best friend and I started also keeping a top 10 in case something happens to make one of the top 5 fall out of the list a few years ago... it is hard to narrow down!

• Due date/W+D: 5/5, 8wks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry, but the bump app also said he/she would fit on a dime, so it must be a little raspberry.

Any appointments? Questions?: First appointment is tomorrow.

Rants/Raves?: I cannot wait to be "out" so I can start wearing maternity pants to work. I have like 3 pairs of "fat pants" in a size up that I'm cycling through right now, and none of them are really any good.

How are you feeling?: Nausea has struck. I threw up for the first time a few days ago. Hopefully the last time too. Also, apparently I'm getting a cold, so I'm sure that will be a wonderful addition to my general not-good feelings.

Hmm... never thought about this before. I'm gonna go with

Ryan Gosling

My sex drive must really be nonexistent because I can't even think of anyone else.

kids with flags
  • Due date/W+D: May 7 / 8+0

Baby is the size of a(n): 2x2 Lego brick 

Any appointments? Questions?: just had our first ultrasound today! Everything looks great and right on schedule!

Rants/Raves?: I managed to throw DD2 a nice 2nd birthday party this weekend at our house for about 30 people, despite nausea and fatigue that made cleaning and cooking twice as hard.

How are you feeling?: Nauseated and exhausted. The usual. 

GTKY - KRIS BRYANT. ❤❤❤❤

• Due date/W+D: May 7th. Yesterday I was 7w+6 (now 8w)

Baby is the size of a(n): pygmie seahorse (thanks for the random animals, Ovia)

Any appointments? Questions?: No appts still. Just waiting for 2 weeks! Ugh...

Rants/Raves?:  Rant: heartburn blows. Raves: my in-laws are here for two weeks to help with DS while my husband is at sales training in Ohio for 12 days (he might earn Rookie of the Year! FX!!). Thank goodness for dedicated grandparents! 

How are you feeling?: Eh. Could be better but could be waaaay worse. Beyond heartburn, I have zero complaints.

Gosh, I wish I was better at this sort of thing. But I don’t know many celeb names. Awful, I know. Super lame.  I looked at all your gifs though and I’m kind of drooling over some of your picks.  Huge fan of @zuuls_mom picks for sure. OMG the hotness of those men! 😍 

• It has taken me forever to get around to checking in. It always seems to involved for the few minutes I can steal to jump on at work and I've been passing out at 7:30 with DD2 every single night this week.

Due date/W+D: May 4, 8w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Any appointments? Questions?: October 9.

Rants/Raves?: I am currently underemployed. I have my Masters in Library and Information Science, but I'm working as a library technician, which only requires a 2 year college diploma. Today, one of my coworkers told me that a librarian position is probably going to be opening up at the local public library. I would be an excellent candidate for it, but considering I'll be visibly pregnant by the time the position is listed and interviews come around, I think I've missed my chance. They're not supposed to discriminate, but since I'll have a full year off, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

How are you feeling?: Like garbage, but that's nothing new.

No gifs because work bah. 

1. Rachel McAdams

2. Dean Winchester

3. Ryan Gosling

Ok. I don't think I have five.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog Go for it!! Both my coworker and I were visibly pregnant when we were hired on (a few years apart)! Unfortunately for our boss this time around we have the same due date 😳.  It's totally possible you'll still be counted in the running.
  • @k2k2tog I say you try for it too. If it’s a dream job and what you have a passion for, it’s worth a shot. Sure, you may not get the position but if you are the right fit, the right person for their team, they will make it work on their end too.

Two years ago we hired the science teacher for our team when she was 5 months pregnant. She started the new school year with us and two weeks later was out for 4 months for maternity leave. We hired her because she was the best for our team and we didn’t care if she was pregnant. Best decision we’ve made as a team ever.
  • @fuscok88 @MaggieG183 thanks ladies. I probably will submit a resume. I have heard of people being hired just before or even during their mat leave. One of the (few) downsides of the Canadian maternity leave is that I do think it makes a woman in family-creating years less attractive to employers because they pretty much have no choice but to hire someone to cover the longer leave. 

Aaand, I’m not 100% sure I want to get back into public librarianship. So much of a children’s librarian’s job happens on Saturdays. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog I bet! The day we hit the library is Sunday! Best read aloud is on Sunday morning and then we can get stocked up on books for the week’s bedtimes and nap times. Makes it hard with a young family at home.