When is your appointment? 

How far along will you be? 

What is being addressed? 

Questions/Comments/Concerns :
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 9/23

• I have 3 this week, 2 NSTs and regular OB

34 weeks

Getting swabbed for GBS. Just expecting to be positive since I was last time. Apparently it can come and go, but whatever. If I am, I am. 
  • I have 2 this week, NSTs and Dr and u/s. I will 33+2 and 33+4. I'm going to talk to them about my back contractions. I don't feel them in the front, except cramping, but they are coming more frequently. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wannaflickone Hooray!! 
    @wildrainbow Good luck!!
    @emjohn517 Hoping for negative!!

When is your appointment? Tues Sep 25

How far along will you be? 33 + 5

What is being addressed? This is a regular ol' 2 week check-up. 

Questions/Comments/Concerns : UGH. So my (mild) polyhydramnios saga continues: the last appointment was awful and the NP didn't address most of my questions. I tried to get in to see my actual OB, but the only appointment she had was at a time I really, truly, could not do. I've been calling the office daily to see if she's had cancellations, but no luck. So tomorrow I'm seeing another NP (I like this one, I've seen her several times). I'm *praying* she has some answers as to prognosis and how to monitor if this is worsening/improving. I wish I had the energy to get a real second opinion, but with work and 3rd tri fatigue, I don't have it in me.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I can't remember if tomorrow is the start of my weekly NSTs and BPPs or not. I have my reg. OB tomorrow at 32+2 and then the MFM Thursday at 32+4. It's so weird being this pregnant. I'm going to talk with my OB about induction again tomorrow. I know she has said around 38 weeks in the past, but I never imagined myself getting that far. Now it's only 6 weeks away!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • *Lurking from December*
    @laasmith I had polyhydramnios with my last pregnancy. There is a lot of scary info out there, but in many cases the cause remains undetermined and baby is fine. I hope you are able to get some answers and support from your OB. If you have any general questions, I would be happy to answer, if I can.
  • @katy0990 Thank you so much for the reassurance. I'm so glad you were lurking! :smile:

I met with the NP this morning (not the awful one from my previous appt), and she was very kind and understanding. She encouraged me to get close to a low-carb diet, but that I'm not going to harm the baby if I slip-up here or there, particularly since I have a very mild case of polyhydramnios. She also got my next ultrasound moved up to next week, which is a relief-- we can see if it's improving.

In other news, it looks like my husband's company is going to be acquired-- so the future of our health insurance, paternity leave, and main source of income is in question (especially because I work in small business, on commission, with no PTO or viable insurance options, and I'm taking unpaid leave). Just hoping that transition takes longer than it takes for him to find a new job (or they keep him on). So I couldn't eat or sleep last night. There are a lot of unknowns.
  • @laasmith Glad your appointment with the NP went better. Sorry to hear about your husband's job. My husband was laid off in July and I know the stress of shuffling insurance, pto, and generally planning for the future is crazy making. Hoping things hold out to you are all settled with baby!

AFM had a growth scan today to see if GD has affected baby's size. Measuring 5lbs 6oz at 33 weeks, so am a little nervous. The doctor said that LO was big, but not too big yet. Hope thats true. Also bummed that we couldn't see the baby's face. Luckily it's because he's in great birthing position right now, but was hoping to catch a glimpse! 
  • When is your appointment? This morning (9/25)

How far along will you be? 32w + 3d

What is being addressed? Just a general checkup--got my flu shot, measured fundal height (right on track), listened to heartbeat, didn't stress-cry all over the doctor.  I call it a win.

Questions/Comments/Concerns: What I wouldn't give to get more information on the regular.  Like an ultrasound at every appointment or a measurement of my baby's actual weight.  I know this is just how it goes and insurance only covers so much anyway, but man, they'd make their patients a lot less anxious if they'd send us all home with pictures of our babies!
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

• @stitchnz Sorry to see your update but glad you're being closely monitored. Please keep us updated and let us know how things go. I'd be fine with you starting your own thread to keep us all updated of your progress and to get support if needed. Good luck! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @middleschoolmommy solidarity on 3 apts a week. It’s a lot! I can’t imagine how I would even do that if I worked full time, especially trying to figure out sitters for DD like that. It’s a lot of driving back and forth. 
  • ((Hugs)) @stitchnz. Hopefully things calm down and baby gets to cook a bit more. 
  • @stitchnz I'm sorry you're in the hospital but so glad they're keeping an eye on you. FX lo cooks a bit longer <3 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @stitchnz fx that your LO stays in a little longer. Please keep us updated! 
  • @stitchnz sorry to see that you’re back at the hospital. thinking of you. agree with @offtoneverland that you should start your own thread for updates. take care  <3
  • When is your appointment?
    Friday 9/28

How far along will you be?
    32w2d

What is being addressed?
    Just a standard 2 week check up

Questions/Comments/Concerns :
    I just want to be like..."you're sure there isn't twins in there?!"  Because, damn.  I don't know how I'm not going to be in a wheelchair or motorized scooter by the end.  Walking is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @stitchnz I hope things calm down! Sounds like you are in good hands though. Thinking of you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @stitchnz - I'm sorry for the contractions and bleeding, but I'm glad they are giving you a steroid shot just in case. Hopefully baby will be able to stay put for a while longer. Thinking of you. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @stitchnz I’m sorry you had to spend some time in the hospital. I hope everything is okay with you and baby! 

I also had had to spend a few hours in labor and delivery last night. I had (and still keep getting) this insanely sharp pain on the right side of my belly. Thought it could’ve been BH yesterday when it started but when it didn’t let up, and literally got so painful I was in tears hunched on the floor because I couldn’t stand up straight, DH took me to the hospital. Baby is fine, which was my number 1 concern, and they did a sono of my organs to make sure nothing was going on there. Everything came back normal, so they’re attributing it to a round ligament that got stretched /strained too much. I was hoping it would be better today, but no such luck. I’m fine when laying down, but as soon as I get up and start walking and moving around it comes right back. Tylenol won’t touch it, so here I lay like a rock until it decides to heal. :confounded:
  • @pink_polkadots ouch! That sounds really awful. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Oh no @pink_polkadots! That sounds horrible. I hope it goes away soon. :( 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @pink_polkadots ouch! I’m sorry they couldn’t really figure out what’s going on or how to help. Hopefully it will pass soon maybe when baby moves down? Either way hopefully you can rest and get some relief soon! 

• @pink_polkadots hope you are able to find some relief. Sounds awful you poor thing.
  • @pink_polkadots ows!!! That sounds awful! Be still Momma Rock and feel better soon ;) 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @pink_polkadots Fingers crossed you remain painless!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @wildrainbow keep us posted on tour lab results! Darned flippy baby! FX he gets back into position for both your sakes.  

@ashkee05 keep us posted as well! I'm so sorry you're not comfortable :( and that your week gets better! Stay cooking LO <3

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @wildrainbow sounds like baby is a great size! I'm sorry he flipped back to breech though.Hoping he finds his way head down again. I did all the tricks on spinning baby, acupuncture and chiro and baby finally flipped back. Not sure if you would be able to do any of that, but spinning baby could be worth a look if you haven't already.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• josie12367josie12367 member
    edited September 2018
    @wildrainbow So frustrating for baby to flip again... hopefully that just means that there's still plenty of room for him to flip back! Hope that nugget stays put for the time being, and that you can stay comfortable 

@ashkee05 I walked around for a couple of weeks at 4-5cm but was never in labour. They just watched me closely and had me come in for monitoring. Hopefully your cervix slows down and you get some rest for a few more weeks! 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @pink_polkadots - I'm glad you're feeling a little better, I hope the pain stays away! 
    @ashkee05 - FX baby stays put a little longer! Yay for making it to 34 weeks!
    @wildrainbow - that little stinker! I hope he turns back the way he's supposed to and your lab work comes back good!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @wildrainbow Ugh, I can't believe he flipped again! That little stinker. Maybe he'll flip one more time before it's time for him to come out? Here's hoping!
    @ashkee05 I agree, it's flown by so fast, but I feel like these last few weeks are going to drag. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy week. I hope it gets better and that your baby boy decides to stay put for a little while longer. It's crazy that you're already 3cm! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4