Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 9/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/25

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 13

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Femara+Trigger+IUI

R/R: Rant: No rants today! Rave: Had my baseline u/s yesterday and everything checked out good so we're good to go for IUI #2

CS/Q: Question, last IUI I triggered on Friday and had the IUI Sunday morning. Saturday night, 24 hours after trigger, I had ovulation pains and my temp went up on Sunday morning. Do you think I should ask for the IUI 24hrs after trigger this time? I'm worried last month was too late. Chart in spoiler!

• Options
    @crookshanks10:  I don't know what the "target day" for IUI is, but sounds like at least asking the RE would be a good idea?  Hopefully others will reply with more thoughts!  

Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD:  31 (see below)

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, OPK, CM

R/R:  cautiously Moving back over here? Never got "peak" on my CB Advanced. I'm likely waiting on AF anyway (several BFNs for when Ovia thought was FW, if I had O'ed then I would either be preganant or on new cycle by now).

But then.... yesterday had more EWCM then ever before. So...we HIO. Cheapie OPKs are again darkening, but not positive (will follow). What a month to not temp. Ugh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lcking82 I did ask yesterday at my appt and she just kinda said oh yeah we could do it earlier just in case, but didn't make me feel very confident either way. That's a good plan to always HIO just in case! Temping is both stressful and helpful so I definitely understand why you'd take a break!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: All the vitamins, HIO EOD, OPKs, CM/BBT

R/R: Trying the cheap OPKs from Amazon this month, no positives yet. Hoping this cycle will be shorter then my last 2. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet.
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited September 2018
    @crookshanks10 - From my limited knowledge of IUIs, it would seem like bringing up your concerns is a good idea.
    Edit after seeing your above post: I think you have a better chance when it's slightly early than if it's late, but that's me, and not an RE.

@lcking82 - I'm sorry you're in limbo. I had a couple of months like that when I had absolutely no idea if/when I had ovulated. That's when I decided I needed to use BBT, OPKs, and CM altogether to get the best picture. I'm not a wing-it girl  :D

@jessg2223 - Wondfos are worth it!

CD: 17
    WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPKs, CM, HIO
    R/R: DH is sick and his birthday was yesterday, so I made his special birthday dinner. He tried to eat it but he just felt awful. So yesterday was kind of a bummer for both of us and today isn't looking so well either.
    CS/Q: I got a positive! We didn't get a HIO in yesterday (see above), so I'm hoping I have another positive today so we can get some better timing in.

• Options
    @lcking82-I'm so bad at temping! I'm trying really hard to keep up with it this cycle, although I did miss CD 1 since I was out of town. I always skip it and then wish I hadn't. If you're not getting a full positive OPK, have you tried testing 2x a day? I have read that some women get a very short surge and it is often missed by the tests when only testing once daily. Also, my doctor advised that I take the test between 10am-2pm (a bit difficult w/ work) since the chemical is highest at that time (quite the opposite of what I expected) and not to drink much for 2 hr prior. You probably already know all of that, but just trying to share any knowledge I have to offer! I'm also using the el-cheapo OPKs, but fortunately they've been working well for me and detecting my surge every month.

Month/Cycle:  3/3

CD:  2

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, OPK

R/R:  So we've been using OPK for 2 months (this will be our 3rd) and I'm trying to add BBT to the mix. I just want to confirm that I truly am ovulating since the OPK only measures the chemical your body produces to prep for ovulation, which I recently found out can happen even if you don't ovulate! I know BBT can't truly confirm either, but I figure the more I know, the better. I experienced a 1.3 degree increase this morning while it was freezing in our room (WHY?!?! It's not even October!!! I hate the cold!) so...I'm thinking our thermometer is broken. I took my temp 4x this morning and got 4 different results (98.3-98.9). ha. I just ordered a new one and it should be here tomorrow. So, hopefully I'll remember to do this every day and can get a better idea of what is going on with my body!

CS/Q: I just started charting w/ fertility friend, but can someone help me understand how to add the chart to a post?

• Options
    @marebear15 I feel silly, but I can't find it on the abbreviation guide-what is HIO and wondfo?

@jessg2223-I'm using the OPK's off amazon too! I've been told to test between 10am and 2pm and not to drink a lot beforehand. I know it's difficult if you work, but I've been doing my best to make it happen and I've been getting positives. A lot of people thought to take it first thing in the morning but apparently your body doesn't create that chemical until later in the morning. I know I felt like the lines were so close in color but then out of nowhere-BAM! It was very obvious that it was positive one day! Don't give up!
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 - HIO=hump it out    Wondfo is a brand of OPK and HPT that are cheap. I get a pack of 50/20 for about 10 bucks on Amazon.
    As for your temping questions, a couple of things to remember. Make sure you are using a thermometer that reads to the 100th degree. I noticed your temps were only to the tenth degree and that's not accurate enough. Also, make sure you are temping at the same time (give or take 15 minutes) after at least 3 hours of solid sleep. If you are temping orally, jam that baby under your tongue into the soft tissue at the back of your mouth. If you are still getting rocky readings, you could try vaginally.
  • Options
    @jessg2223 I hope you get your positive OPK soon! What I started doing was keeping digitals in addition to the cheapies. That way if a cheapie looked positive, I would also use a digital to double check. I also test 2x a day, once at 10a and again at 7p and hold my pee/don't drink anything for 2 hours prior. That seems to work for me!
    @marebear15 Thank you! That's kinda what I'm thinking too! I hope your DH feels better today so ya'll can HIO! FX for you!
    @nightdreamr13 Temping is stressful but so informative! Hopefully when you get your new BBT thermometer, your temps will be accurate. HIO means hump it out and wondfo is just a brand of ovulation tests 
  • Options

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs, PNVs

R/R: I’m already feeling defeated this cycle because DH is traveling during peak FW. I’m hoping I either O early or late this cycle. He’s being very optimistic, which I really love. Usually I’m the hopelessly optimistic one! It really makes me remember why I married the guy in the first place!! 😍

CS/Q: Nada

@marebear15 Woo hoo! I hope you guys can get a HIO session in tonight!

@crookshanks10 I was going to say the exact same thing that @marebear15 said. Did the RE give a time estimate as to when O would happen after the trigger? I recently learned that O pains could occur before/during/after O so they’re not the most reliable. 

@icking82 I’m sorry about your extended cycle. FX that you get a clear O soon!! 

@nightdreamr13 not 100% sure if you mobile bump, but it’s prolly easiest to do to add your chart.  Just screenshot the FF app your phone and hit the add image icon (landscape looking one). Then you just need to search for it on your phone. (Ps. Hi cycle buddy!!)

@jessg2223 I’ll add some of my hope in there for you, too!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, PCOS supplements + pnv

R/R: Temp went up 0.27 today and Ava is satisfied that I O’d yesterday but I won’t be convinced for a few more days. My last 3 temps have been higher than nearly all other temps so far this cycle, so it’s possible I O’d 2 days earlier but not 100% sure. Or of course, not at all is always possible. Rave: WFH this morning so that’s always more relaxing!

CS/Q: Really wish I took an OPK on CD18 but it is what it is. I’ll be way more relaxed if I can at least have some consistent higher temps!

• Options

@marebear15 -Thanks! I don’t use wondo, but what I use sounds similar to what you’re describing. The ones I use are by easy@home. I know it wasn’t ideal, but I was using a forehead thermometer because I didn’t think I’d end up temping. However, I just ordered a special one for fertility and it is to the 100th degree. J Pretty excited about it.

@lcking82 -I feel you on the long cycle issue. When I went off the pill, my cycle was 37 days. Miserable.

@lillywonderland -Thanks for the info! I do not mobilebump but I may start! We are definitely in the same cycle and boat! DH is traveling during my estimated fertile time too so I am also hoping to ovulate early or late this round (preferably early bc I’m so tired of all the waiting!!).

• Options
    @lillywonderland It seems that typically it's 36 hours later but I think having O pains 24 hours prior to IUI is way too early! I just would hate to miss it. They really didn't say much when I asked about doing it the next day but I know a lot of people do it that way. Hopefully you and your DH can get good timing this cycle! 
    @dogmomma271 It looks like you had great timing this month! Fx for you!
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 I have no advice on IUI but it sounds like a good plan to go in a day earlier! Crossing all the things for you!
    @lcking82 I’m sorry your cycle is so confusing! Hope you get some answers soon!
    @jessg2223 I hope you get a +OPK soon!
    @marebear15 Yay for +OPK!! Hope your H feels better.
    @nightdreamr13 I usually still have weird/high temps during AF so it might take a few days for your temps to be lower and more consistent. I just do screen shots of my chart from mobile - if you want to put your chart in a spoiler, it’s under the Paragraph symbol then “Spoiler” and it gives you a gray box. If you upload image while your cursor is in the gray box, it will put your chart in the spoiler.
    @lillywonderland FX for an earlier/later O this month so you don’t miss FW!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPK

R/R: I need to renew my asthma inhaler prescription (3 years old) but I don't want to see my doctor for it and pay $300. I am sure it can be done online but things change constantly and it shouldn't be that hard.

CS/Q: I had some discharge yesterday but I don't know how to classify it. It was crystal clear but the consistency of the glue used for perfume samples in magazines. I can't find the answer online and I hope the IT people don't look at my Google history  :D  
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @rikiteacup - Lol I know exactly what you are talking about.  :D I classify that as "sticky."
  • Options
    @marebear15 I hope your DH feels better! Congrats on the +OPK

@nightdreamr13 I like the Wondfos so far, but not the fact that I need to figure out how to test in the middle of the day at work. Haha

@crookshanks10 I've been just testing early and then when I get home from work. 

• Options
    @crookshanks10 FX for a successful IUI cycle for you!!! 

@lcking82 Sorry about the confusing cycle... maybe it’s a weird long one? 

@marebear15 Hope YH feels better today and y’all can get some bday lovin’ in :smile:

@nightdreamr13 I started temping my 3rd cycle and I think it has been helpful because I at least know I ovulated last cycle. 

@rikiteacup I LOLed at your internet history comment. I would be mortified if anyone broadcasted my google history on my phone. 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, Acupuncture, EPO, started magnesium supplement last night, will start OPKs CD11

R/R: Work has been busy so that’s a good distraction from focusing on TTC

CS/Q: Did I do this right??

• Options
    @heml Thank you friend! Yes, you did the chart insert/spoiler right (:
  • Options
    *lurking from TWW*

@rikiteacup if I had a dollar for every time I google different CM consistencies...lol. If DH or anyone ever saw my search history from when we started TTC until now, I would most likely die of embarrassment. 
  • Options

@crookshanks10 I hope IUI #2 is the magic you need! I could see a case for asking for IUI a day earlier than last month. Have you talked to your RE about it?

@Icking82 I hate when the month you happen to NOT track as diligently is the month you have all the questions. Do you have a history of gearing up to O but then not O-ing?

@jessg2223 I always use the Amazon cheapies because I’m such an over-tester. I’ve found them to be as useful as the expensive digitals. Good luck!

@marebear15 I’m sorry your hubby isn’t feeling well. I hope he can rally tonight!

@nightdreamr13 BBT and OPK together may not be a sure thing but it’s very, very close if you track diligently.

@lillywonderland I’m sorry that you feel defeated already with DH traveling during peak FW. Is that a sure thing? I understand the frustration. My September cycle was a bust because I was traveling during my entire FW. I hope your O day allows for trying, and I’m glad DH is such a dreamboat!

@dogmomma271 Your temps are looking good! FX for CH!

@rikiteacup I would call that sticky…and if anyone in IT ever looked at my search history…LOL

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/6 (with one month off)

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Right now? Just whining about cramps and exhaustion. In general BBT, acupuncture, herbs, PNV, etc etc etc

R/R: No real rants since I knew CD1 was coming because I was gone during my FW but it's still annoying to lose a month, especially with my doctor breathing down my neck about moving on to a RE since we're approaching 6 months and I have a history of TTTC. Is anyone else 35+?

CS/Q: Nope
  • Options
    @literatureandink I did ask my RE and she just kinda said oh yeah we can do that and didn't really say oh no it should really be at this time or anything like that. Kinda frustrating haha. Sorry to hear that you were away during your FW but hopefully this next cycle will be the one! (: 
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 I use a CVS thermometer that only goes to the 1/10th and it is totally enough for BBT. I can clearly see ovulation or when I am going to have my periods.
    Also, BBT is the only reliable tool you have at home that can confirm ovulation. Once you ovulate, the corpus luteum will produce progesterone because it released an egg. If no egg is released, no increase in progesterone. Progesterone will elevate your overall BBT and keep it elevated until your next period. Which is why it is important to track your temp every single day, not just around ovulation. Also keep in mind, this pattern is more clear if you have normal cycles. 

@literatureandink I am 36 and H is 37. I don't know if we have TTTC yet but this is month 6 of TTC and my H is going to get a sperm analysis next week. My fertile window is this week so it takes the priority and who knows, that might be our month? but just in case, we want to be proactive.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Options
    @crookshanks10 As another option, my RE does back to back IUIs, so they give me the trigger shot in the office on the morning of the first IUI, and then we go back in for another IUI the next day.  If you'd be interested in that, perhaps you could ask if that is an option?
  • Options
    @literatureandink: I'm 36!  And yes, not uncommon for me to have an-O cycles, or strangely long ones...but had been improving lately.  :(
  • Options
    @rikiteacup I'm trying!! haha. I am still going to temp tomorrow (CD 4) but the more accurate thermometer won't be here until tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping starting on CD 5 when I typically ovulate around 19-22 will give me enough data to confirm this month! I didn't think it would be this hard. :( They always teach 'you have sex, you'll get pregnant!' I mean, I know that's not EXACTLY true, but jeesh, I never thought it'd be this difficult!
  • Options
    @literatureandink I am 37 and DH is 28 (weird age dif. right?) Am not looking forward to the 6 month mark, really hoping we can concieve before that time.

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Timing with an app. Prenatals, vitamins, trying to eat healthy, chiroprator visits to regain motion. Was temping last cycle, but not with a proper thermometer.

R/R: Happy all the snow melted! Thats right, we had a huge dump on the last day of summer/first day of fall. It was ugly.

CS/Q: None
  • Options
    @literatureandink Unfortunately it’s a for sure thing - he’ll be gone M-F. My app is usually spot on for FW/O (W), but if we DTD before and after he leaves we *might* have a chance. Who knows. I’ve heard of people who have HIO’d 7 days before O and got pregnant. Granted, that was prolly one in a million shot. It could still happen!! Lol. TTC is so weird. 
  • Options
    @ottergirl81-I'm the opposite. I'm about to turn 28 and DH is 37. No one understands why I feel like we are pressed for time since the age is more of a factor for women than men, but I just want DH to be able to enjoy kids and be able to run around with them.