Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday September 2018

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons 

When do you think you will start TTC? The end of this month.

What brings you to WRW? The ethnic festival my husband and friends and I go to every year is over and now I'm waiting for this cycle to finish. (As predicted, my peak fertile day of this cycle was the one where I was surrounded by alcohol and cigars.)

Any R/R?
Rant: They finally finished the school behind my house, and the night before school started, they put up fifteen street lights that light up most of my backyard. I'm glad I have a big tree blocking most of them, but I don't know how my neighbor is coping with it--his house backs up right into the parking lot. I'm slowly getting used to it, but privacy hedges aren't totally out of the question.
Rave: My birthday's tomorrow! :) I'm taking the day off for the first time ever. DH and I got tickets to a really popular art exhibit and can't wait to go!

GTKY: What was your most memorable first day of school? 
On the first day of seventh grade, I was so worried about being late to each class that I sped through the hall between periods and only stopped during the longest breaks to go to my locker. When I got home, my mom asked how my first day was, and I responded with, "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!!!" and ran upstairs.  :D

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday September 2018

• When do you think you will start TTC? Jan 2019.  Truly unknown at this point. 

What brings you to WRW? Lower back problems. I decided to jump back onto this board as I was getting discouraged about being benched. 

Any R/R?
    Rant: My back went out BAD about a month ago. I thought my back was doing better and could try to exercise but it started giving me trouble again last night.
    Rave: I'm going out on a fancy date with DH tonight.

GTKY: What was your most memorable first day of school? Maybe the first day of junior high. 

@hestia14- I hope you had a great birthday! How was the art exhibit?
  • edited September 2018
    When do you think you will start TTC? Still up in the air, hopefully within the next couple of months, NTNP for now and will start temping again next month I think. 

What brings you to WRW? Not married yet, trying to get a handle on finances/budget, stuck in a job that puts a lot of unnecessary stress on me (restaurant manager). The hours are wack, I rarely get a real break where I can sit down to eat (wouldn't be a good idea while trying to grow a babe), and i'm just overall not that happy. I really crave working in a more professional environment even though I generally don't mind the work at my job, just the way it's been going isn't the greatest. But I will start looking for alternatives as I also want to go back to school. I would really love to just get right to being a mom and raise a couple children and then find my "dream" career, but life likes to make things difficult  :#

Any R/R?
    Rant: Basically what I mentioned above. Life is hard...and stressful. I also think it's how I handle things that I need to work on. I tend to overreact/overcomplicate things that shouldn't be that big of a deal. So I get anxious a lot. But I have a really great SO who grounds me and brings me back to where I should be  :D  He's good for me like that. So, I would like to find a better job that still pays as well (not that I make a lot but...I digress). It's been hard to watch those around me excel at their careers when I was supposed to be but kept hitting roadblocks. I need to just go back to school so I can find something that makes me truly happy. 
    Rave: IT'S FALL!! This is my first fall in the south so...obviously it's not going to be as magical, but I will make the best of it. I'm originally from the NE so i'm used to chilly fall but I think it will still be nice here, happy to not be as hot! I'm excited for October because of my birthday and we are getting married! October has always just been a really good month for me so i'm hoping this one is great as well!

GTKY: What was your most memorable first day of school? 
    Probably my freshman year of high school, I wore a terrible outfit (jean skirt and white sneakers...yikes). And I got lost going to one of my classes. I was sooo uncool and I tried so hard to be but I just couldn't. Embarrassing just thinking about it.

edit: bad at proofreading
  • Loading the player...
  • @spacemountaineer Thanks! The exhibit was really cool. It was Infinity Mirrors by Yayoi Kusama: lots of lights or glowing sculptures inside mirrored rooms. It's a traveling exhibit, so it might come your town in the future!
    @bean_ Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding! It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life - I don't blame you for being stressed. But it sounds like you have a general path you want to follow, which is great. It can be hard to motivate yourself when you want to change your career but don't know what to do.
    As for me, this will be my last post in BOTB. DH and I are officially starting our TTC journey this weekend  :) Thanks to all for the support in this little place called WRW, and best of luck to all of you!
  • @hestia14 thank you for the welcome!! Yes I totally agree with that! & oh that’s exciting!! Good luck and hope your journey is short  :) I hope to get over to TTGP soon so I’ll see you there!