November 2018 Moms

GTKY Tuesday: Coming home outfits

share a picture of the outfit you’re planning to bring baby home in! 

Re: GTKY Tuesday: Coming home outfits

• Loading the player...
  • @emjohn517 I got that same Halloween sleeper, too, just in case! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I love this GTKY topic! I cannot decide on a coming home outfit at all.. hopefully I’ll get some inspiration from you ladies!!  :blush:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think baby will come home in one of the Lou Lou and Co knitted gowns. I ordered two today so am excited for them to arrive. I need to find a hat or bow to match.

@runningyogimama what are the name of those booties? Someone gifted us a pair for DS but I can’t find them anywhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited September 2018
    @wannaflickone Just keep in mind that baby can't wear a gown in a car seat (can't buckle them in between the legs without pulling it up around their waist). 

I'm sorry if that's obvious and you've already considered it, but I almost did the same thing myself last time and then realized that it wouldn't work. :blush:

And those are Zutano booties.  Check Amazon.  We had two pairs and both have gone missing. :cry:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @wannaflickone Yes, Zutano booties!! I had a pair for DD2 (she had the skinniest little feet until she was like 2), and they are like the only socks or booties that would stay on her feet. I got a few pairs off Poshmark for this baby! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @mojiejo OMG I never would have thought of that, and I would also probably consider a gown for a going home outfit.  Thank you for saying it!!  

And I love this topic, but it's also giving me cold sweats b/c I have to make a decision (or at least narrow down the options) within the next few weeks!!  

I did read that you should plan on bringing 2+ "going home" outfits just in case there's a bodily fluid incident in the first one--just mentioning in case someone else wouldn't think of that!  
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh and Zutano booties are the best!  I had 3 pairs with DD and loved them.  They stayed on so much better than socks!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We're team green, and I have lots of boy outfits from DS, but only a couple girl outfits and a couple gender neutral outfits. Baby will likely go home wearing a cute sleeper of some sort. The going home outfit isn't a huge deal to me. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @lostarz14 @mojiejo @runningyogimama I had the Zutano ones all picked out on Amazon and then I went down a rabbit hole in the "what others have bought" section. Found some cute ones that look to be made exactly the same and are half the price. I bought two pairs of those, so will let you know! Reviews on them were really good: booties
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @wannaflickone I had some off name ones on my list to buy...but just couldn’t pull the trigger and also got some for less than half price on Poshmark - also, if you ladies aren’t on Poshmark, you’re missing out!! For both buying and selling. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited September 2018
    All these outfits are so cute. Also I still have zero idea what LO will wear home :lol: hopefully y'all will inspire me

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @marfi236 all adorable but I am partial to the first!
  • @linz36 I'd be cool if it were Halloween all year long, so I support your decision to keep the jack-o-lantern outfits!

This thread got me thinking about my own LO's outfit, and I think I have one picked out. It's pretty simple, but cute, I think. Will post a photo later today!
  • @marfi236 love the first one...you can never go wrong with little animal ears...too cute

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @ftm_jen @linz36 That’s the one that I’m leaning toward!  I just love the ears!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All of these adorable outfits make me want to go shopping for baby. So many cute outfits!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lachnessmomster Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would love for the twins to have their birthday around it lol. Might be a little selfish of me but I think Halloween is the best birthday theme ever!!  

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @wannaflickone oooh just looked those up and they are lovely! Look so soft!
  • @BabyBoyH92016 I LOVE the mauve outfit! Does it just button at the bottom and top and zip in the middle?

P.S. I suck and still haven't snapped a picture of mine, but these are all adorable!
  • @lachnessmomster No, it snaps up. I wish it was a zip up pj. I just ordered the matching mauve swaddle too  :#
  • @BabyBoyH92016 another vote for the mauve.  It looks so comfy for a newborn and the floral bow would look good with it, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker