1st Trimester

Any nub theory experts??

edited August 2018 in 1st Trimester
Hello! The photo is from my 12 week ultrasound. I’ve been reading up on the nub theory because I’m dying to know the sex,  but I can’t decide if it looks more girly or boyish. Any thoughts are appreciated!!!!

Re: Any nub theory experts??

• If you’re dying to know, why not do a sneak peek blood test. Nub theory is hardly reliable.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • We didn’t want to do all of the other screenings that accompany the NIPT testing. I’m just impatient and want an idea of what to expect I guess. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m already a mom and am totally patient once the baby comes out just not while they’re in there
  • Google “sneak peek gender test” it’s a $70 at home test kit. You can pay extra to know in 3 days. No patience or guessing required.
  • Thanks for the suggestion! I was more just doing this for fun (despite everyone seeming to think I was very serious about getting a true answer!!) I can wait a few more weeks until we actually find out. Thank you! :)
  • Most people on this forum don’t enjoy guessing other people’s US’s because we know less than your US tech would, have no real investment in the results and most OP’s don’t come back to give us the answer anyway. Usually these type of posts go over much worse.
  • Check out: ingender.com. They have experts on that site. BTW The theory was correct with all my babies. I have 3. I can relate to the excitement. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Habrsk87 said:
    Check out: ingender.com. They have experts on that site. BTW The theory was correct with all my babies. I have 3. I can relate to the excitement. 
    "Experts!?!?" Sorry if a doctor or trained ultrasound tech won't make a guess, it's a 50/50 chance of these "experts" to be correct - you were lucky to be 3 for 3. 

• Habrsk87 said:

Check out: ingender.com. They have experts on that site. BTW The theory was correct with all my babies. I have 3. I can relate to the excitement. 

"Experts!?!?" Sorry if a doctor or trained ultrasound tech won't make a guess, it's a 50/50 chance of these "experts" to be correct - you were lucky to be 3 for 3. 

•Sigh*
     “Experts” on the nub theory my friend. Yes, I have talk to doctors about it. Yes, some do believe in the nub theory while others are afraid to guess because they are afraid to guess wrong and upset anyone which makes sense. No, it is not always accurate and if you try the nub theory generally you know not to take to it too seriously until the anatomy scan. Also this theory will not hurt the baby so no harm done. But if you can’t handle the possibilty of a wrong guess then don’t even try asking for a guess. It’s for fun. Have you read up on it even? The nub sits flat with the back if it’s a girl and it’s angled up from the back if it’s a boy. I have 2 girls and 1 boy so I am pretty sure it’s not “luck” just really good scans!  The  “experts” on the nub theory have guessed correctly with my ultrasound pictures. I have also done the NT scans which is around the right time to make a guess with the nub about 11-13 weeks  I believe.  The doctor agreed that it can be accurate if done properly. You must have a perfect nub picture
     ( a full body side view of fetus without their back curled during 11-13 weeks) to get a pretty accurate guess. Notice my use of guess? Yes, still 50/50 and yes, doctors still get the anatomy scan wrong too so you can’t be 100% sure until birth if you are want total accUracy. Do some reading up. I found it very interesting when I had my first child. But it is called a theory for reason. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Thanks so much for the input habrsk87! I completely agree with all you have said. As I mentioned previously, I totally was just posting this for fun. I was not going to hold anyone accountable if they guessed wrong... lol. The nub theory just seemed to be a bit more “scientific” than the other gender guessing myths (please note hat scientific is in quotes as I couldn’t find any legit studies proving the accuracy rate the theory boasts).
    I didn’t ask my doctor when she was doing the US if she could tell the gender as I didn’t read up on the nub theory until after the scan.
    Again, everyone this was just for fun and nothing more! Please don’t take the question too seriously. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and input!!
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited August 2018
    Not my idea of fun, I guess...
    Agree!
    Especially when you can get more accurate determination of the SEX (NOT gender) of the child at the anatomy scan and 100% determination at birth.  I loved being team green :)

• Changed it to say sex not gender (sorry about that). Would totally take this post down if I could figure out how to do so... 
  • Why answer the post at all if you don't think it's fun? Let this mama live her life lol
  • Please help me figure out sex what you guys think nub theory ramzi theory i want ur opinion 
  • arylkdiaz said:
    Please help me figure out sex what you guys think nub theory ramzi theory i want ur opinion 
    qfp 

we don't do that here we are trained technicians 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

•  I’ve found that for some reason, there are  people on this site who seem to get offended by people asking questions. They wait for a post so they can reply and say “we’re not doctors.” 
  • @kells621 or we prefer actual science and not psuedoscience... No one is offended but nice try at being a white knight. other websites think these are fun games but not here sorry.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Just to add, and beat a dead horse here, it's not fun to guess the sex of a stranger's baby.  It's such an AW thing to do.  Wait a few more weeks and find out.  If you want to guess and do all that then cool, but don't expect random strangers to jump at the chance to make an uneducated 50/50 guess.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • That 3rd ultrasound nubs looks like a girl
  • I mean the 4th pic u can see clearly
  • This post is from August. She probably knows what it is by now...