Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO 9/22 - 9/23 Weekend!

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
November Siggy Contest - Thanksgiving Fails!
Image result for joey turkey friends

Re: WTO 9/22 - 9/23 Weekend!

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV, OPK, CM

R/R: Saturday mornings are the best! And we’re going to the game tomorrow, so it should be a good weekend.

CS/Q: I’m not sure if my first few temps were off, but I keep dropping incrementally. Not sure if that means anything 🤷‍♀️ I’m used to temps being mountain range-like, but now that I’m taking vaginally, my charts are very different. 

• Options
    @cpiper39 It sounds like you are going to have a fabulous weekend! Enjoy it :) I don't temp, so I'm sorry I don't have input on your chart.

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU:  Prenatals, B6, B12, OPKs, HIO, Preseed

R/R: Today is my husband's birthday and I got a positive OPK. Woo hoo! We are going to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival where his best friend from California has secretly flown in and will surprise him there. I'm so excited! Also, this is my first month taking B6 and B12 and it has bumped my ovulation up by about two days, which is great :) Let's hope I get a longer LP.

CS/Q: Nothing.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Happy weekend, ladies! I've been terrible about posting the last 2 weeks, but hopefully I'll be better about posting before 9:00pm from now on.

@cpiper39 enjoy the game! (Football I assume?)

@elle-0409 have a wonderful time at Epcot! I'm always jealous of everyone who gets to go to the festivals.  I'm a teacher and live in New England, so a fall trip to Disney for the Food & Wine Festival isn't an option (until I retire in about a million years). Enjoy the heck out of those food and cocktails for me. ;)  And woohoo for a +OPK on your H's birthday!

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, HIO, tracking with FF, red raspberry leaf tea, trying to cut back on alcohol and eating cleaner.

R/R: I am either getting a cold or my allergies are acting up.  Either way, my throat hurts and I have some *lovely* postnasal drip.  But I also have cookie butter ice cream in my freezer to soothe said sore throat, so I'll be fine. :) 

CS/Q: I am running out of OPKs and they have been negative all week, so I am hesitating to keep testing after this weekend.  Might just pay attention to the other signs that I am about to O if they are still negative after tomorrow.   I think I have like 4 left and I don't really want to pay a lot for digital ones at Target.  

• Options
    @meatballs37 I have some Clinical Guard brand in my shopping cart on Amazon, but they wouldn't be here until probably the end of next week (I don't buy from Amazon often enough for Prime to be worth it).  I miscounted what I had left last month.  Derp.  Thanks for telling me about the Pregmate brand, it sounds like they are easier to read than what I have been using. I might get those for next cycle. There are so many brands and so many reviews, it's a bit overwhelming.

Yay for your positive OPK!  Definitely wake up your DH after your shift! 
  • Options
    @elle-0409 The birthday festivities sound like so much fun! It’s been years since I’ve been to Disney.

@emeraldduchess Yup, NFL! It sounds like you’re really close to O. I wouldn’t want to buy the expensive tests either. I’d just finish up what you have and try to HIO knowing that you’ll probably O in the next handful of days.

@meatballs37 Thanks! Still getting used to tracking it well. Sounds like all your signs are coming today this cycle 😊 Woohoo!
  • Options
    cpiper39cpiper39 member
    edited September 2018
    @antera23  I’m not a fan of your doctor.... But it might make sense to start tracking a few months to get some data since you just started trying. FX for you!

CD: 14 

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, PNV

R/R: I’m enjoying the first fall weekend! But, I’m surprised/not sure about my temp this morning...

CS/Q: My temp rise was super high today, but it seems too early for O - temp was only taken 45 minutes after my regular time. Until this cycle, I was toggling apps, so I’m not sure how accurate FF estimate is - normally, I’m not at O until later. Plus, I waited to track CD1 until my first full day for AF. I could make a case for this being CD15 (not 14). I didn’t turn an OPK either, but maybe I missed the surge? Overanalyzing, but hey, at least timing is good so far. I’ll just hang out here until I know for sure.

• Options
    @cpiper39 looks like your O-day according to your current chart would be CD13. Did you temp at a different time (half circle)? Maybe it’s an off temp?

@antera23  Youe Doctor sounds kinda insensitive with their solution. People don’t just lose 50lbs overnight. Ugh. I’m sorry. Could you look into a second opinion? 

• Options
    @cpiper39 lurking from TWW (you can check out my chart there) but just my 2 cents....I had a 0.4 temp increase a day or 2 before I got a positive OPK so I thought I was ovulating earlier than normal. Turned out to just be a random temp increase. How often are you using OPKs? Since you temped 45 minutes later than normal that could explain the increase. If It was me I would continue testing a few times a day. But your timing looks great! 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 A little later but not much. I actually just got a positive OPK this am (I only tested once at noon yesterday with a negative), so it may just be slightly high today and random.

@nmbrcrnchr1 Just checked out your chart! I’m probably in a similar boat, especially with the updated OPK. I should start testing a couple times a day around mid cycle if it doesn’t happen this month. Hopefully, your temps stay up 😊
  • Options
    @antera23 I agree with meatballs, it's insensitive that your doctor's only advice was to lose weight.  It's not the "magical" answer to everything, and it's not an easy thing for anyone to do.  
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Maybe one autumn you could call in “sick” and partake in the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. 😉 
    @meatballs37 Yay, OPK Buddy! I’m so happy I started the B6. And I’m glad that it’s working well for you!
    @antera23 Wow. I’m not impressed with your doctor. But I also love what you call “hippie dippy nonsense.” Listen to your body! Good luck! 
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    Month/Cycle: i suck at this but this means how many months/cycles have I been TTC ? I guess 3 months now 

CD: according to FF 58

WAYDTGKU: eating healthier, cutting out alcohol, PNV

R/R: I cut out coffee because it was causing heartburn and I just want to not have to worry about going cold turkey one day. so that's a rant because I am exhausted. 
    Rave is I'm making spaghetti for dinner with cheesy garlic bread and ive been wanting it for over a week now so I'm excited. 

CS/Q: i suck at charting I need HELP ! Lol.
  • Options
    Mobile bumping today so tagging sucks but I’ll try my best. 

@elle-0409 hope you guys had a great weekend! I’ve also always wanted to do Epcot around this time of year. Super jealous right now. 
    @emeraldduchess my allergies have been terrible the last 3 days. Hope that’s it and you’re not getting sick! 
    @cpiper39 I’ll be interested to see what your temp is tomorrow and see if maybe today’s was an outlier. Waking time does make a big difference when you’re temping. 
    @antera23  another PCOS-er here. I’m sorry your doctor was so insensitive and unhelpful. Mine had a similar reaction, not about losing weight but just so dismissive. Almost everything I’m doing is from my own research, then some guidance from a naturopath while I wait for my RE referral. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it. There are quite a few ladies on here who also have PCOS. The best advice I got was to start taking Ovasitol (Myo-inositol and d-chiro inositol supplements). Are your cycles irregular? It has made a world of difference in my insulin sensitivity and carb cravings. I’ve lost 14lbs in about 3 months, with just diet/lifestyle changes and no added exercise. 
    It’s expensive as far as supplements go but it’s the best on the market for inositols. Check out Amy Medling, PCOS Diva, online and listen to her podcasts. She also wrote a book. 
    @kels0091  what part do you need help with? 

Month/Cycle: 9/7

CD: 29

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Ovasitol, Vitex, rosmarinus, homeopathic hormone rebalancing, anti-estrogenic diet, HIO & softcup

R/R: Rant: I stuck around WTO instead of moving over to TWW because I wasn’t sure I even O’d but now I’m 10DPO and my temp plummeted. BFN this morning so AF is imminent. I am just destined to live here, lol. 
    Rave: that’s 2 months in a row of successful O’s AND it’s looking like my cycles are going back to a fairly respectable length. Last month my LP was only 6 days. My naturopath is very pleased that I’m down almost 15lbs and the regimen she has me on seems to be working. This has me feeling so hopeful. 

CS/Q: I’m SS like crazy but let’s face it, the plane has landed and AF is basically on my doorstep. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @antera23 - Um, wow. Talk about unhelpful. #coolstorydoc Anyway, I know that a few ladies here are on the PCOS diet (I don't remember who specifically) - maybe that's something to look into to see if it might work for you? The "diet" is supposed to be like super-high-grade motor oil for those that have PCOS. Food as medicine, more or less. 

@kels0091 - Not possible to suck at charting. :smile: All you gotta do is learn! I was using paper print outs to chart everything before I caved and made a Fertility Friend account. I think you still get a free month of VIP membership when you sign up, but I let that expire and just use the free version. They have some pretty good tutorials on there to help you get started with charting as well as their system. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT/OPKs, N&C, far too many supplements, Red Raspberry Leaf tea 

R/R: H isn't working this weekend for the first time in a LONG time, AND its my FW. We've been drinking wine, cooking, watching movies, watching football, and brunching at our house with some good friends. Lots of Netflixing and Chilling ifyouknowhwhatimean. Pretty much the nicest, most relaxing weekend ever.

CS/Q: Nah, but I'm super stoked on this chart! Might get another BD in tonight, but H is really tired. He's been a trooper. 

• Options
    @kiki047 basically all of it ! Lol. but as @harrierwife mentioned on FF theirs tutorials so I'm going to give that a shot :) I just dont get what it means but cycle date 58
  • Options
    @kels0091

*TW*
    Since you just had a loss. :( your CD 1 would be on the day you started bleeding. After my last loss, my cycle was wonky until AF showed up again, and still kinda is. 

Maybe start there by making that day one and temping. Don’t be surprised if this first cycle is an-o.  

I love chart stalking and helping people out. For some reason other people’s charts make so much more sense than my own. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: All the vitamins, red raspberry leaf tea, HIO EOD/ED in the fertile window, CM/BBT, OPKs. 

R/R: Rave: I had a great weekend celebrating my cousin’s wedding and going to an octobefest yesterday. Rant: Need to get back to my healthy eating this week. 

CS/Q: Missed temping yesterday and today’s was a little high, but likely just because of drinking yesterday. OPKs still negative.
  • Options
    @kels0091 I don’t know how you feel about podcasts but I’ve found the Fertility Friday podcast to be suuuper helpful. She’s also Canadian like us (not that it makes any difference in charting lol). Do you have a basal thermometer? Even if you don’t completely understand what you’re doing, the basis of measuring BBT is to take your temperature at the same time everyday, right after you wake up. You need at least 3 hours of solid sleep before temping to get an accurate read. I set an alarm for about 30-45 mins before I actually have to get out of bed, temp, then go back to sleep for a bit. Getting into the habit of doing that is half the battle. Even if you don’t fully understand what you’re looking at, just having the data in FF will give you more to work with down the road. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 I’m so sorry that AF is looming, but it’s great news that you’ve been ovulating successfully! It’s always important to celebrate the wins. ❤️
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• Options
    @kiki047 im listening to the first episode right now !! :)
  • Options
    @cpiper39 thank you! We’ve been trying since Febrauary and ****TW**** we lost our first at 10 weeks July 27th. I’ve just decided to start my count over from the first period I had after ****End TW****

@meatballs37 thank you so much! I’m going to switch clinics. I actually just had a conversation with my coworker about it. I’m just having a hard time wanting to pay more money and have another doctors appointment after the last several months.

@emeraldduchess thank you! I agree with you. I just had my blood work done and everything is fine. I’m healthy. I’m just overweight. 

@elle-0409 thank you! I love it so I feel comfortable making fun of myself lol. 

@kels0091 you can do it!! Cutting out coffee is so hard. I am a coffee lover and I’ve gone through periods without it. The initial change is horrible but it does get better. You are an inspiration to me! 

@kiki047  thank you so much!! You’re information is so helpful. My periods are irregular. I always have them but the length of my cycle varies. I range from 34-42 with a random 28 and 30 day cycle every 2 years. My average from the data I collected for 7 months was 37. I’ve discovered that my body tries to ovulate on time and then tries again right before I’m supposed to start my period. It makes for some very confusing OPKs. And at this point I don’t trust that I’m actually ovulating lol. Your comment makes me really want to see a naturopath again. I love seeing a naturopath but the supplements are so expensive. 

@harrierwife thank your suggesting that diet! It made me remember that a nutritionist suggested it to me. I’m going to order it! 

Thank you so much for all of your support! It really makes me feel better and it makes me feel less alone.