May 2019 Moms

STM+ Check In Week of 9/25

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: STM+ Check In Week of 9/25

• Loading the player...
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages?
    1 dd age 2.  

She was sick this week and we had to go to urgent care for a breathing treatment. She is much better, but bow my husband has a man cold. 

Just so much throwing up. Hoping I don’t catch this cold. 

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself?
    How loud I am and her stubbornness 😂

@nopegoat #5 is going to come in the car... 
  • @laeberge3 I swear I was just holding her through her entire first night after she was born, I don't know how she's going to be 1!  I guess that kind of goes to our birthday theme, Donut Grow Up.  We're serving donuts.  I'm excited about it.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? Two girls, oldest will be 5 in December, youngest is also 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Same old circus, same old monkeys. My girls are super tough, we actually took a while to try for #3 because of how challenging they are as a pair but here we are!

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm not sure when to tell the girls a baby is on the way. I definitely want to make sure it's once we're past the window of most concern. My youngest probably won't really get what is going on, but if something were to happen the oldest for sure would

#1 is stubborn, strong willed, sassy, and every challenging trait she has is ALL me, so I feel the need to apologize to my mom on a daily basis.
    #2 is basically my physical clone. But her ornery personality is all DH.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    @notsoblissylissy Two of the girls in my A16 mom's group just recently had second babies, both born in the car en route to the hospital...!
  • @notsoblissylissy Two of the girls in my A16 mom's group just recently had second babies, both born in the car en route to the hospital...!
    😮😮😮. I would be so freaked out. 
  • @nopegoat I am terrified of labouring at home too long and baby coming before we get to the birth centre or hospital (unsure yet where we are going to deliver).  I have not had fast deliveries like you in the past, but with DD2 I wanted to labour at home so waited until my contractions were the recommended about 5 min apart (if I'm remembering correctly it was 1 minute contractions, 5 minutes apart for 1 hour?) But by that point I was in super active labour, over 9cm dilated when I got to the hospital and she was born within an hour of our arrival.  I have no desire to labour in a hospital longer than necessary, but I am planning to ask the birth centre how early I am allowed to arrive, because I think I'd be ok hanging out in those suites for several hours working through my labour rather than racing to get there in time.
    @kvh22 I usually just say, if its meant to be then we will.   We actually weren't planning on having more than 2, but were never ready to close the door on it completely.  People often asked if we would try for a boy.  I've always said no, we have never been interested in trying for one sex or the other, but if we are meant to have 3 kids than we will.  Figured that left the door open enough that if we did ever announce a 3rd we wouldn't be bombarded with questions about how we were so done and was this one an oops, etc.  

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 girls, 5 & 3

How are your other kids doing this week? They are actually driving me completely up the wall.  We start gymnastics soon, so between that, school and figure skating we just may have enough activities going on to keep everyone sane.  They really thrive when they have some structured activities and there isn't much available for us around here during the daytime. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? My hips are still aching.  I am walking around with what honestly looks like a 3rd trimester waddle and am really having a tough time functioning normally.  We are at my ILs this week and this small town only has one chiropractor who is fully booked until next week.  I know how I hurt myself this time, but the pain is so much like the intense hip pain I experienced during labour I am worried that I am in trouble for this pregnancy.  Planning to speak with the chiropractor and my midwife about it the first chance I get, hopefully can come up with a plan so it doesn't get out of hand as my pregnancy progresses.

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? They are both stubborn as heck.  My 5 year old is also very cautious when trying new things, which is so me.  3 year old is much more like daddy and just jumps right in without a second thought.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? One son, age 2

How are your other kids doing this week? He's great. Definitely missing his grandma and papa who are out of the country for a wedding in Scotland at the moment. He usually sees them daily so he's constantly asking about them. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  I'm exhausted. Just so tired. Pregnancy insomnia ends soon right😂😂 

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? Everything. He is so my child. His attitude for sure is all me. 
  • @notsoblissylissy Two of the girls in my A16 mom's group just recently had second babies, both born in the car en route to the hospital...!
    😮😮😮. I would be so freaked out. 

@nopegoat you would totally be able to do it! 
  • @kvh22 I usually say "oh well, DD was such a difficult baby we're not really sure we want another little one any time soon" and then proceed to list off all the issues we had with her. SO MANY OMFG. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DD, almost 2 

How are your other kids doing this week? She's fine. Just trying to keep her healthy before we fly out for BIL's wedding next week. I feel bad we haven't been going to baby activities, but I don't want to fly with a sick toddler if I can avoid it. She had her happy baby dentist visit last Friday! She did a good job, didn't lose her sh*t. And she loved the Winnie the Pooh toothbrush they gave her! 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  I didn't have nausea with DD like I am with this pregnancy and it sucks. Bleh. 

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? Hmm. She's sooo much like me. Probably her lack of patience. I still don't have much. She's also strong-willed, is a chatterbox, and is starting to have a really good memory. My mom says she's exactly how I was as a toddler. 
    Ticker

• @youknowmenaomi does your husband not take medication for his OCD? There are very effective drugs and therapy for this condition. I know cuz i have it too.  And no,  it's not the type that everyone thinks they have.  I have actually been diagnosed with it.  

• How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DD who is 3 1/2

How are your other kids doing this week? She is ornery as usual. She did sleep in her own bed all night last night so that is a win.  

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? meh. Nothing really. Still feels like forever until my first appointment. My pants are so tight. I don't really want to pull out the maternity pants so I might just get a new pair or two and size up. They will hopefully be my initial post-partum size so they will get used again later. 

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? Well, she looks just like me but personality wise, she is very persistent. She is also always wanting to be a part of the group- that is probably more DH that me but I was always super involved as a kid. 
    DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • @secicc12 now I want a bagel! Maybe I'll go walk to the bagel shop down the street (it's 8:30 am here).

@youknowmenaomi we haven't had an ultrasound yet but I know I ovulated 3 weeks later than my LMP would indicate. I was just coming off the pill and still BFing so knew it'd be all sorts of weird but hopefully everything will be cleared up for you at your next ultrasound.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @wishiwaspreggo not saying your fear isn’t legitimate, definitely seems like it could be a possibility with those odds, but my positive was 9DPO too - I was only 3+2! It wasn’t even remotely a squinter and based on my OPKs I ovulated a couple days later than normal too. 

• @wishiwaspreggo I think your approach with paci was spot on. Let the dentist yell at you. Sometimes you have to wait for your kid to be ready. Also I turned a test super early this time (9 dpo) and have been feeling like sh*t for weeks. I would be floored if it was twins. Just solidarity in your concern! When do you get your first ultrasound? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge - thank you, that actually does make me feel better. I would get used to the idea, of course, if it happened. But lord, the expense, I can't even imagine... I won't be able to produce enough breast milk to support two babies. I barely made enough for my first and had to supplement with formula. And the diapers! Yeesh! I know people survive with twins and we would too but my previous RE said it's best to have babies one at a time and I agree. My current RE seems confident I could carry them just fine but still...

@bluesky24 - thank you :) for both responses. I've been razzed by so many people for letting my son keep his paci. But it's like co-sleeping for me. I never planned to do that but if he's scared and feels better being next to us and sleeping with us, whatever. He sleeps through the night and he sleeps like the dead. One day I'll probably miss having him with us in bed. But probably not THAT much lol... And thank you, too, for the reassurance on the early positive. Let's hope it's just a nice, sticky singleton!! What's really throwing me off though are the symptoms. I felt nothing with my son's pregnancy, not until 2nd trimester. But now... ugh, I feel so barfy!!!
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? 
    2 daughters, 5 & 2.5

We all just got past the first cold of the school year, 5 yo is teething her 6 year molars and at her dentist appt they said she might start losing some of her baby teeth soon. 

d1 - stubbornness and sweet tooth 
    d2 - sensitive and observant, definitely an introvert like me
    Nooooo! This is one of my greatest fears. I was holding DS2 in my arms within 2 hours of my first contraction. Thank God it wasn't rush hour!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @wishiwaspreggo So I was a nanny when j was in grad school for a family that had four kids...triplets and their brother 18 months old. The triplets were carried by a surrogate. Three eggs were implanted, three babies were had. They were told a 20% chance of twins, 1% of triplets...not to scare you! But my one of my best friends also has (spontaneous) twins that were due the same day as my second and she wouldn't change it for the world (despite being terrified at the time). Andplusalso don't stress about producing enough milk right now. Every breastfeeding experience is different. With my first I nursed her to 8 months but had to supplement in the later months because I couldn't even pump half of what she needed when I was at work. With my second I nursed her past 13 months and consistently pumped 1-3 ounces over what she needed every single day. It was very different experiences for both!