May 2019 Moms

GTKY 9/23

2»

Re: GTKY 9/23

• Met 11 years ago and we’ve been married for 6. We met in college the very first weekend on campus when we happened to share a (then cab) ride home - sparks flew but we didn’t exchange information. I thought about him at times and regretted not getting his number but I started to think I was over romanticizing the ride in my head and maybe it was nothing. but that next year we saw each other again the first month of school, he asked me on a date right within 5 minutes of talking and the rest is history :) 
  • My DH and I met at a church group through friends over 15 years ago and we will be married for 13 this October. 

We had been chatting through email and in one email he asked to go to a movie to get to know each other better- as friends- so to humor him I agreed (because he met all three of my criteria that I didn’t think I wanted in a SO)- we call that outing our first date retroactive. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I met my husband in 2005, so 13 years ago! Crazy! We got married in August 2018. We met in college. We started off as good friends that had zero romantic interest in one another and eventually started dating. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• merrylea said:
    My husband and I have been together for 4 years, married for 2.

Not sure if this is TW or not, but we met online for a support group for young widows. I had lost my late husband in a car accident, and DH had lost his late wife to cancer. We became friends and supported each other....and one led to another and here we are! 

I feel so lucky to have had two great loves in my life!
    That’s great that you were able to find each other. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• We were in choir together in university. We had been in a same group of choir friends for many years in our early and mid 20s, and I had a crush on him for a good two years before we finally got together...with some intervention by a friend! That was in May 2012. We got married two years ago in September 2016.
  • merrylea said:
    My husband and I have been together for 4 years, married for 2.

Not sure if this is TW or not, but we met online for a support group for young widows. I had lost my late husband in a car accident, and DH had lost his late wife to cancer. We became friends and supported each other....and one led to another and here we are! 

I feel so lucky to have had two great loves in my life!
    Omg, this really touched me.  Im so sorry you won't through this but am also so very happy you were able to continue and love again! Im gonna go dirty cry now.  (Just a little bit. )