May 2019 Moms

Randoms 9/24

Re: Randoms 9/24

• chloe97chloe97 member
    edited September 2018
    @liliumstargazer13 I’m on Team Blow it Off also. That is way too much for a pregnant woman in the first trimester. I say get out of it anyway you can!

Speaking of getting out of things- am I allowed to blowoff DHs 20th high school reunion this weekend? I’m dreading it. Nothing worse than being in a room full of strangers and making small talk while having to remain sober and pretend like I don’t want to throw up every 15 minutes. DHs bffs wife is staying home (she blows off everything), but DH was adamant that he wanted me there. Especially since he wanted nothing to do with mine last year (though last year I was 6 weeks postpartum so I wasn’t as into the idea).

So now I have to bust my ass to find a babysitter, shell out the $60- so I can go out and be miserable. Awesome.
  • @chloe97 I say blow it off, unless he'd be genuinely hurt that you aren't there. I feel like husbands always drag us to stuff like this and then 10 minutes into the event they're talking to all their old friends and you're standing there like uhhhh can I go now?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge How scary! Glad you and your son are ok!
  • @duchessofcambridge Glad y’all are ok!! So scary!
  • @psychobutthead @mcewen3 @expandcontract honestly, I couldn’t tell you. My Head is pounding for my sort of sinus pressure. I just want to rip out my sinuses. Tomorrow will be a VERY long day. After school carnival until 7:00. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge That sounds scary! I’m glad to hear you and your son are ok and sorry to hear you had to go through it at all.

In regards to maternity leave, I totally agree the US is a joke when it comes to maternity and paternity leave policies.  At a company I used to work at a coworker of mine was told to basically beg her coworkers to gift her their time off so she could have maternity leave.  People were generous with her but still no one should have to rely on coworkers giving up their time off in order to have maternity leave. Totally absurd in my opinion.
  • @mrskoz428 hope you start feeling better. That stuff definitely seems to be going around right now.
  • Glad ya’ll are ok @DuchessOfCambridge! That is one of my pregnancy fears.

@mrskoz428 during my last pregnancy I was constantly sick with sinuses.  I convinced my husband to Nose Frida me.  It helped lol
  • @bazzie88 Driving home from work today the local station I listen to was playing Christmas music and I was SO confused (albeit happy because I love it). Turns out they're celebrating Christmas early with a local boy who has been battling a terminal illness the past 5 months. So that was a sweet reason.
  • I'm embarrassed by the amount of time I spent standing in front of the Doritos display at Kroger today :| I just couldn't decide which one sounded the best! But I'm even more embarrassed by the fact that DH and I just polished off the entire bag.......
  • WWYD: I originally had a preconception visit scheduled with my OB for Monday but I had been able to see her earlier, in July. I forgot about the appointment. I was going to cancel since logically I know at this point there's not really anything she can do or tell me. But, due to the accident I want to keep it and just have her tell me everything is okay. I'll be 5+6. Is that wasting her time? We're headed out of the country the next day for almost two weeks so I think I'd feel better going but I don't want to waste her time...

• @DuchessOfCambridge I’m so sorry about the accident how scary - I’m glad you both are ok. But definitely an added stress you didn’t need right now. 

I would keep the doctors appointment- it’s totally worth the peace of mind and reassurance. This is what they are here for. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge you could call ahead and ask them if it's still okay that you came in for your own peace of mind,  especially due to the accident and you going out of the country.  Im sure she'll be okay with it.  But at least she'll see that you were considerate and didn't want to waste her time.  

• @DuchessOfCambridge Wow, so scary about your accident but thank goodness you’re okay!

I say keep your appointment. Surely she’ll be just as happy to answer your questions about pregnancy as she would about conceiving! It’s not wasting her time at all.
  • @mrskoz428 Im miserable with you.  The nebulizer treatment i had today didn't help much at all. But i just remembered that progesterone causes shortness of breath and that's probably what I'm feeling right now (and why my inhalers are not helping).  It certainly doesn't help that i can't breathe through my nose either,  though.  
    Ughh, I'm dreading having to go to work tomorrow. I feel suffocated!  I wish i could just stay in bed.  
    I just got daughter ready for bed and i thought i was going to pass out with my heart racing and SOB. 
    It's so true how we forget all the pain and suffering we went through during pregnancy as soon as we lay eyes on our baby.  

• @jessica41879 @expandcontract @wishiwaspreggo thank you for the advice, I’ll keep the appointment

• In regards to maternity leave I left a very large company that offered 16 weeks paid maternity leave for a very small company (less than 50 employees) that offers six weeks and up to 12 weeks at the CEO’s discretion.  WTF does that mean?? I’ve been there for a year. I love the flexibility and hours of a smaller company but hate this uncertainty. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge sorry about the accident. I would also keep the appointment most obs are pretty understanding in that respect.

ugh I hate US maternity leave. Living here being from Canada and seeing all my Canadian family enjoy their leave is really hard. I was all excited because New York just passed a law providing 8 weeks of paid family leave, but unfortunately that doesn’t apply to public workers (aka teachers like me). I get 12 weeks protected by FMLA, but my only pay is whatever sick time I have saved and unfortunately ds2 was sick for much of last year (finally diagnosed with asthma in February) so I will have approximately 15 paid days of leave so long as I don’t take any sick days this year. I am a repeat c section so I will be taking probably the last 5 weeks before summer unpaid. Plus unpaid through summer too. This year is going to be tight. 
  • In regards to maternity leave I left a very large company that offered 16 weeks paid maternity leave for a very small company (less than 50 employees) that offers six weeks and up to 12 weeks at the CEO’s discretion.  WTF does that mean?? I’ve been there for a year. I love the flexibility and hours of a smaller company but hate this uncertainty. 
    So the CEO gets to decide which women are more deserving of recovering from childbirth and spending time with their new babies that others?! Why is this country so backwards sometimes?! 

• Anyone thinking about announcements yet?

We've already told most of our family and very close friends, so basically our support system, but we want to do something cute for FB (because you know it's not official until it's FB official 😉). 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @mcewen3 that's super cute!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat we haven't really told anyone yet. My best friend knows but I think were going to wait to tell everyone else because when I was pregnant with DS we told our parents and they all told people and it was way out of control. My second trimester starts the same week as DS 1st birthday. We bought a "best brother" shirt so I think were going to wrap it up and open it as one of his gifts at the party. We will likely tell our parents a bit before the party though.
  • @ibanezstarburst love that idea! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @mcewen3 We were thinking the same thing!
  • @nopegoat I don't plan on being fb official until the kid is here. 

I dont want my sister coming for the birth.  My sister has a lot of mental illness.  She comes up with storiestories that arent true.  I know they arent true because she forgets i was around then to witness what really happened. 

Months ago when my nephew who is a few years younger then me announced he was having a baby with his gf my sister she lost it.  Tells me on the phone that buying things for the kid makebher upset and that she hhad a meltdown in a store when i was pregnant with my son and begged her wife if they could have a baby because she claims she lost hers. 

I just don't want to deal with that insanity.  When I was pregnant with my daughter my sister went around telling people that I said she could raise it.  Which that conversation never happened. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @DuchessOfCambridge glad you are your son are OK!! Accidents are the worst. I was hit in a parking lot when I was 36 weeks along with my DD. We were fine but I could've killed the guy with my bare hands (it was his fault, naturally.) And yeah, keep the appointment!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @psychobutthead yikes!! I don't blame you. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat We’ll probably wait until Christmas time to announce. I’m hoping I can hide it when we host Thanksgiving from our extended family since only my dad knows. I have looked up cute announcement ideas though!
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2018
    @sleepy33 holy crap! That's terrifying. I'm so glad you are ok! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @sleepy33 OMG! I mean, that stinks to share that way but thank goodness baby is okay!
  • @sleepy33 scary but glad everything is just fine. And yes, definitely not the way you were planning to tell coworkers, I'm sure!

@DuchessOfCambridge so glad everyone is okay but sorry for the hassle!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @sleepy33 ack! so sorry that happened. glad you're OK and hopefully your coworkers are supportive!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • bluesky24 said:
    @sleepy33 ack! so sorry that happened. glad you're OK and hopefully your coworkers are supportive!!
    They are very supportive, but it was just embarrassing. I work at a school, so like instantly there was a huge crowd around, head of security was there, they called the school nurse, etc. I am still semi-mortified, I thought about staying home today just out of embarrassment. But the bleeding and cramping have mostly stopped, and I really need to keep my sick days for maternity leave. 

It was also awkward bc I'm unmarried and I've only worked there for a few months, so they don't really *know* me yet. I'm sure they were all a bit shocked. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • The owner at DD's daycare (super involved in the kid's activities and I actually really like her despite this) asks me about once a month since DD was 9 months old when we're going to have another. I'm like 1. this is tacky because you want more business and 2. what if we were trying and struggling to get pregnant? She asked again yesterday for the first time since my BFP and I just said "eventually" like I always do. I kind of want to hide it form her as long as possible - well past 12 weeks - just because she does this (here you can't get into a daycare until after the kid is born - odd anomaly - so no benefit to telling her early).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @sleepy33 Holy moly! I’m so sorry, but I’m glad you and baby are ok. That’s scary! I’m sure that wasn’t the ideal way of them finding out, but at least they’re being supportive. 

@kvh22 I don’t blame you. I would wait to tell her too. People are so nosy, and like you said, they should think about it more before asking in case it was infertility issues, or financial problems, or trying to work through marital problems or whatever it may be. Just such a personal question.  I’ve told my coworker that I’m super close to, but besides that, I think I’ll just let everyone else wonder and/or assume since some have been asking about another since DS turned 1. 🙄
  • sleepy33 said:
    bluesky24 said:
    @sleepy33 ack! so sorry that happened. glad you're OK and hopefully your coworkers are supportive!!
    They are very supportive, but it was just embarrassing. I work at a school, so like instantly there was a huge crowd around, head of security was there, they called the school nurse, etc. I am still semi-mortified, I thought about staying home today just out of embarrassment. But the bleeding and cramping have mostly stopped, and I really need to keep my sick days for maternity leave. 

It was also awkward bc I'm unmarried and I've only worked there for a few months, so they don't really *know* me yet. I'm sure they were all a bit shocked. 
    that's one way to make an impression!!!! :) glad you're feeling better today. I'm sure in a few days someone else will do something embarrassing and they'll totally forget. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bluesky24 I appreciate the sentiment, but I doubt it. It's a super conservative private school and everyone here is very...idk, stable? Boring lol? I am 1000% sure that's the most dramatic thing to happen here in a long time. Luckily, they've been thrilled with me/my performance since I got here, so I'm just going to try to keep my head down and keep on keeping on. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker