1st Trimester
Options

CBD oil while pregnant?

Hi! 

I am about 7 weeks pregnant with my first and have given up my beloved CBD oil that I've been taking for anxiety (and other ailments) for almost 2 years because Google told me too 🙄 I forgot to ask my doc if she recommends me staying off of it but I have a feeling anyway she's going to tell me to not take it. Are there any others out there who have gotten advice from their docs about CBD? I'm hoping that someone has been told it's safe! 😊

Re: CBD oil while pregnant?

• Options
    nat9988 said:
    Hi! 

I am about 7 weeks pregnant with my first and have given up my beloved CBD oil that I've been taking for anxiety (and other ailments) for almost 2 years because Google told me too 🙄 I forgot to ask my doc if she recommends me staying off of it but I have a feeling anyway she's going to tell me to not take it. Are there any others out there who have gotten advice from their docs about CBD? I'm hoping that someone has been told it's safe! 😊
    Agreed with PP. If you don't trust your doctor's advice, then it's time to find a new one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I trust my doctor. I'm just curious if anyone else has been told it's okay and/or have gone through a pregnancy taking it. There is zero research on CBD so docs are most likely going to say dont take it.
  • Options
    I'm not a doctor and obviously you know to ask your doctor, but you might have answered your question there.  There's zero research so no one knows.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    mermaidca said:
    I'm not a doctor and obviously you know to ask your doctor, but you might have answered your question there.  There's zero research so no one knows.
    Yup. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. 
  • Options
    I asked my doctor as well, he said because theres not enough research in the area he cant advise me that it's ok and to just stay away... 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    I've been using my medical cannibus and I've spoke other women who used just regular street cannabis, even back in the 80s & they say all their children turned out 💯healthy and fine. In fact my friend Maria says her son is smarter because of it, I'm sure they will tell you, "NO," it's a drug and will harm the fetus, but in moderation small doses, I don't think CBD is harmful.

There were women in jail taking methadone for heroine withdrawl while they were pregnant and thier kids came out 💯 healthy, I was surprised too, but science and modern medicine is always advancing. 
  • Options
    Maybe If you can’t give up weed for 9 months it’s a problem. Are you going to be high while caring for a newborn? 😬
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing