Infertility

Spotting Before FET

I went for my lining check last Thursday and everything looked great.  Afterwards, I started to have brown spotting.  It's been going on for the last 3 days.  I went in and scheduled an emergency appointment with the clinic yesterday (Sunday) and they checked again and my lining has increased and they said there is no blood in the uterine cavity and they felt comfortable to move forward.  I started my PIO shots last night and I woke up and still have this spotting.  I'm supposed to have a transfer on Thursday.  Is the spotting from the Estrogen? I've been on it around 40 days.  I'm concerned and not sure I want to go through with the transfer.

Re: Spotting Before FET

• If you’re still concerned, I’d reach out to your nurse again via phone or email and express your concerns/ask if this is a common side effect of estrogen. I’ve personally not had it happen, but everyone is different. Generally I defer to my RE’s judgement so while I’d express my concern, if I was comfortable with their response, I’d proceed with the transfer 
  • Thank you!  I've read that you can have spotting/breakthrough bleeding from Estrace.  It seems to go away by mid-day.  My RE was comfortable with moving forward, so more than likely that's what I will do.  I will continue to monitor and give the nurse a call if need be.