May 2019 Moms

Group 4 (EDD May 22-31) Check-in w/o 9/24

This thread is for those due May 22 - 31  3

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon?

Re: Group 4 (EDD May 22-31) Check-in w/o 9/24

• Loading the player...
  • julwanderlustjulwanderlust member
    edited September 2018

Due date/W+D: May 30 / 4wk 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed 

Any appointments? Questions?: October 12th is my first appt. Q: this is my first pregnancy so should I still be taking HPTs? I only have one left and I haven't had any spotting or bleeding to date. 

Rants/Raves?: We told our parents this weekend. Everyone was surprised and very happy. 

How are you feeling?: OK - still having br issues and I am SO tired by 8PM. Also, it feels like my bbs are getting more sore by the hour. But on the upside no signs of nausea! 

GTKY -  what is your ideal babymoon? I really want to go to Hawaii but not sure we can commit the travel time to do it. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I hope your son feels better soon. That sounds exhausting. What island in Hawaii are you going to? It still sounds like fun even if you are visiting ILs.

@chloe97 ew. I can only imagine how horrible that skunk smell is on top of your symptoms right now. 
  • Due date/W+D: May 26/ 5+1

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Any appointments? Questions?: nope. Still deciding on whether I want to go with a midwife or OB. I need to hurry and make that first appt

Rants/Raves?: Na. 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Nausea is starting. Random triggers and aversions starting too.

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? Somewhere quiet. No people. Lots of fresh air. And a huge comfy bed. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Due date/W+D: 5/30, 4+4

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed I guess?

Any appointments? Questions?: Calling to set up an appt at a new doctor in a few minutes

Rants/Raves?: I really wish I felt more pregnant so it felt real, right now I feel like I'm just kidding myself when I think about being pregnant (but I know I should be grateful for feeling relatively normal now). But DH made a silly joke last night about the "crazy pregnant lady" which means he's no longer stressed like he was when I initially showed him the test

How are you feeling?: Mostly fine, only noticing tiny changes because BTDT, nose bleeds are apparently a thing early now, I feel my uterus stretching, and insomnia but not overly tired?

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? I'd love to go to a cabin in the mountains that has a gorgeous view and a balcony with rocking chairs, the temperature would be cool early fall-ish so we could sleep with windows open and drink coffee on the porch...and DDs at the grandparents of course!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    @julwanderlust No need to continue taking tests unless you have them and just want to. Some people like to do it for comfort, others just because they have them and why not? Also **hey girl hey** due date twin!

• Due date/W+D: May 22/5+5

Baby is the size of a(n): The opening of a straw

Any appointments? Questions?: Making my first appointment today!! Hoping to get in earlier than 8 weeks as I'm concerned with the possibility of another miscarriage.

Rants/Raves?: My only complaint is that I can't join hubby for a beer during the game anymore.

How are you feeling?: Sleepy mostly, my back aches more than usual after closing the bar, nervous, apprehensive, excited

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? I'd love to make it to Europe or SE Asia before baby comes, but that's way out of the question! We do have a trip planned to go visit my fam for Thanksgiving, but it'll be bittersweet as we're going to celebrate my late father and scatter his ashes.

• Due date/W+D: May 25th/ 5 weeks + 2 days

Any appointments? Questions?: First OB appointment and ultrasound are scheduled for the afternoon of 10/10. Hoping we get to hear a heartbeat! 

Rants/Raves?: Not really. Hubby has been looking for a new job for a very long time, and praying something works out ASAP now that we have this third little one on the way! 

How are you feeling?: A little crampy and bloated, but pretty good overall. 

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? Napa! One of our favorite trips we have ever taken. However the whole not being able to drink situation does put a damper on things. LOL. So I guess we will have to settle for a weekend away in the Poconos this Spring before baby arrives if my in-laws are willing to watch the kids. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• Well the decision of midwife vs OB was made for me. Closest birth center my insurance covers is 40 mins away. With my last baby my water broke and within 30 mins he was here. We barely made it to the hospital. I know every pregnancy is different but after having 3 super quick births I'm not going to chance it. OB it is. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat My decision was also made for me. My last practice in Florida they had both midwives and OBs with midwives primarily delivering unless an atypical or emergency situation arose. I had one OB delivery and one midwife delivery, loved them both but had planned to go with a midwife again. But now that we are in Ohio I had to find a new practice. The hospital I want to deliver at only has OBs soooo I guess that's that. But the good news is I got my first appt scheduled (next week, eeek!) and the OB I am seeing has phenomenal patient feedback.
  • Due date/W+D: May 23rd/ 5 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): pencil eraser

Any appointments? Questions?: I need to force myself to go to the Navy clinic tomorrow so they can confirm my pregnancy and get me a referral!

Rants/Raves?: My husband will be away for the week so I'm a little grumpy about having to do everything around the house.

How are you feeling?: feeling pretty good. Some mild nausea in the mornings, tiredness, and sore boobs.

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? We are on kid #3 so I doubt we will take one since we never did before. We do want to go to Ireland someday though.

• @wishiwaspreggo I love Sundara! I’ve been there 3 times with my girlfriends! This year we went to Kohler- which was also pretty great! I can’t believe your RE is making you wait 2 weeks for betas. That is beyond ridiculous. By that time, you should be able to see more in an u/s so it seems pointless!
  • @imrachellea Thank you! And happy due date twin. :-) 
  • meg_e_maddenmeg_e_madden member
    edited September 2018
    Due date/W+D: May 25th, 5 weeks 2 days.
    But I have conflicting info since I tracked ovulation so I think I’m closer to 4 weeks 4 days or something in between.

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn! My hubby and I keep calling it pepper :)

Any appointments? Questions?: my first appointment is October 18. I know my OB doesn’t do ultrasounds in house so I have no idea what to expect from a first appointment and no idea when I’ll get an ultrasound  

Rants/Raves?: we told my parents on Saturday and they were ecstatic. It was a nice feeling. But also, 2 days after I found out I was hosting a girls wine night. I pretended to drink wine and one of my friends called me out. Like shouldn’t you take some social cues on that one?

How are you feeling?: mostly ok. I’ve some mild cramping, mainly in the evenings. I definitely have a decrease in appetite, especially in the morning. I’ve been eating a lot less than I normally do. I’m terrified of having morning sickness but more so of vomiting. I hope to god that I’m spared the vomit

What is your ideal babymoon? We’re going to Hawaii for thanksgiving with my parents. Ok actually hoping to be able to go back around February for a true babymoon 
  • @chloe97 - Sundara is the best! Have you been since their recent renovations? They added a heated salt water pool, another room to sit and chat (as opposed to the quiet room where they don't allow any talking), salt therapy rooms, and I think another hot tub. Oh, and they have new suites with private hot tubs. :) Where abouts do you live? I'm in Indiana so it's a drive for us (about 8 hours after dealing with Chicago traffic) but oh so worth it.
  • @wishiwaspreggo We live in the northern suburbs of Chicago. That is great that they have the chatting room now! That was one of our complaints. That and the hotel rooms book up fast and are really expensive. We usually ended up booking at a nearby hotel and driving for the day. That is a DRIVE for a spa. WOW! THere is actually supposed to be a great Kohler spa in the southwest suburbs of Chicago that is pretty good. I doubt the scenery is nearly as good though!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge Banff is in my neck of the woods!  Such a beautiful trip if you do get to do it.  
    @chloe97 omg, thats horrible.  I am so grateful we have never had to deal with a dog being skunked, but our dog growing up used to get quilled all the time.  It was awful for her, but I'm sure was way less awful for us to deal with than a skunk.
    @noslen0519 Good luck to your hubby in his job search :)

Due date/W+D: May 28.  4w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): fleur de sel

Any appointments? Questions?: First midwife appt on Nov. 1.  It feels like an eternity away right now, but I know the next month and a bit is going to fly by.  

Rants/Raves?:  I mentioned it the other day, but it snowed here Saturday morning.  The girls wanted to build a snowman so DH was helping them make a monster of an Olaf yesterday afternoon.  The snow is obviously really wet, heavy snow at this time of year and the middle snowball was so massive he couldn't lift it on his own.  I tried to help, still couldn't budge the darn thing.  But I did budge something, in my hips.  Holy Hanna, I can barely walk today.  Neither of us thought it was going to be that bad, otherwise we wouldn't have tried.

How are you feeling?: Aside from my old lady hips, I'm feeling pretty good.

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon?  I would love to go to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland for a relaxing getaway.  If DH takes the job in the Netherlands I will definitely see if the grandparents can cover the kids for a week or so, then he and I will leave a little early and take a baby moon/before new job holiday on his way over.  Then I'd come back.  If we stay, we will probably just go to Jasper or Banff for a few days.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @mcewen3 Iceland is one of our dream trips!!!! We were going to go for our honeymoon, but we got married in June and that is their expensive season so we didn't get to go...still waiting for the right time!
  • @imrachellea DH and I had a layover in Reykjavik on our first trip to Europe (back in 2010, we were just babies).   Literally walked around the airport and boarded again.  But we were flying IcelandAir and they were promoting Icelandic tourism really heavily.  We hadn't given it much thought before that, but since we have looked into it a bunch of times, just haven't got around to making that specific trip.  We have friends who just went this past spring, and it was INSANELY expensive.  So we would have to budget that in for sure, but its a pretty easy jaunt that for a babymoon we could probably do a few days there, then carry on to Amsterdam and have a few more days somewhere else before DH starts work.  
  • @chloe97 finally a due date twin! Lol

but yes the nausea is real! My morning sickness lasts alll day. And I usually end up throwing up at least once :/

New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • @mcewen3 Im still trying to wrap my head around the idea of snow in September.  

Due date/W+D: May 23 / 5+4

Baby is the size of a(n): An orange seed

Any appointments? Questions?: No schedule appointments but I ended up leaving my work meeting today to go to the Immediate Care Center due to asthma.  The doctor I saw was pregnant, herself. 7 months and she was so tiny! 

Rants/Raves?: I wish I hond just stay home for the rest of this pregnancy. Im immensely pooped. 

How are you feeling?: Nebulizer only helped for a while.  Still gasping for air if I move around even a little.  So exhausted.  Also,  my nasal sinuses are inflamed so thayya's making breathing worse.  Anybody else have this issue,  yet? Everything swells up during pregnancy.  

GTKY - What is your ideal babymoon? After having my daughter, i honestly cannot imagine going on vacation without her.  I would miss her way too much. 

• Guys, if you knew my ILs, you wouldn’t want to go to Hawaii either 😂 it’s so stressful. Also not looking forward to a 12 hour flight with DS 😐 I know I sound ungrateful but I’ve been multiple times and H and I are usually stressed out bc ILs 🤷‍♀️

@mcewen3 I looooove Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon is great! People give it crap for being touristy and man made but whatever. I’ve been twice and the second time I got a massage and it was awesome. 

@julwanderlust I still have a few and I’m taking them because it makes me feel better. Definitely not necessary. 

• @expandcontract we’re in Canada (Alberta to be specific) and snow at this time of year is fairly typical.  It doesn’t last more than a couple days, but we get a good snow in September more years than not. 

As for sinuses, yes.  Mine are horrible with every pregnancy and never actually got better after my last DD was born.  Since having her I am way more prone to sinus infections and am constantly congested.  DH and I joke about my “night allergies” because I always seem to get congested every night and then it’s gone in the morning.  I rely heavily on my netipot.  I do a sinus rinse every day or two when I’m feeling good and then several times a day when I’m not.  I’m positive it works too because I’m pretty much fully over the cold we all had last week whereas DH is still sniffling and whining.  He is definitely milking the man Cold but it must be pretty bad because it’s really unlike him to a) get sick b) complain about how sick he is. Mine almost always lingers longer than his and this time it didn’t.  
  • My sinuses/throat are all out of whack as well. That was actually what started me thinking (hoping) last weekend that I might be pregnant. I'm only finally getting over it, my voice is almost completely back today. But I got a bloody nose Saturday morning and again last night due to all of that. I got nose bleeds towards the end with DD2, so that's going to be pretty lame if it's something that is starting this early and continues...(I distinctly remember wearing a white t-shirt about 8 months pregnant in Target with my then 2 year old and my nose just starting to gush when I was at the furthest corner from the bathroom...I looked like I got caught in a massacre as I booked it across the store, dripping blood along the way...)
  • @mcewen3 I'm going to google neti pot. I have a cold and ugh, just want to be able to breath normally again.     

Due date/W+D:  5/26  5 weeks + 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Any appointments? Questions?: Made our first appointment for next Monday 10/1. Hoping for an u/s at that time.

Rants/Raves?:  I woke up this morning with a sore throat and runny nose and it's gotten worse throughout the day.  Blech.  On the plus side we got beta's back last week 374 at 11dp5dt (16 dpo) and 1310 at 13dp5dt (18 dpo), and graduated from our RE's office.

How are you feeling?: Today having a cold is overriding any pregnancy symptoms, but lately some round ligament pain, sore breasts, exhaustion, dizziness and strong sense of smell making me a little queasy.  M/S was awful with DS1 & DS2, so I'm both anxious for it to start so I can check that box, and dreading it.  

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon?  We have a trip to Puerto Vallarta area planned for early April (we're traveling with friends)... I was going to ask the OB if that's doable or if I'm out of my mind and need to cancel the reservation...  If not there maybe Roatan or Hawaii between December and February. Now that we have a 1st grader we have to plan around school break. Haha!  I would love to go to the Blue Lagoon it's on our bucket list.  

• @mcewen3 Banff is over my way to! 

Due date/W+D: May 25th 5w + 2d

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment on Wednesday. I'm excited and anxious for it.

Rants/Raves?:

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, nauseous if I go too far between meals or snacks. I'm also still nursing 10 month old DS and feeding him is excruciating. Feels like razorblades on my nipples!

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? Hmmm I can't decide...either Hawaii or Ireland.

• @ibanezstarburst where are you at?  We’re in Edmonton but have been spending a fair bit of time in Saskatchewan lately since DH has been working out that way and my ILs are there for us to crash when we want to be nearby.  
  • anielsen22anielsen22 member
    edited September 2018

Due date/W+D: 5/22 5+5

Baby is the size of a(n): idk

Any appointments? Questions?: first appt is Friday; just to confirm pregnancy. I'll be talking about whether I should continue current meds, whether to add iron to my vitamin regimen, and some concerning symptoms (see below)

Rants/Raves?: rant- I swear I'm about to quit my job, also... I gagged on my vitamins this am threw up in my hand and then had to explain to my director (who doesn't know I'm pg) why I was cleaning random places on the floor with windex and paper towels 😳 It was super fun. 

How are you feeling?: very little nausea but breasts are still really sore, nightly indigestion, super emotional, scatterbrained, woke up every 2 hours last night to pee and I've had a couple runs of tachycardia >125 bpm lasting > an hour....I seriously though I was having a heart attack and no it's not anxiety. 

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal  Babymoon? Anywhere where my cell doesn't work and clients can't track me... I need a mental health week.

• Due date/W+D: 5/26 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): lentil

Any appointments? Questions?: I set my first appointment and us for October 15th 😒 sounds like forever and a day!

Rants/Raves?: Is anyone else a little overwhelmed with catching up on all the threads? I'm so tired that I forget to pick up my phone and catch up with you girls!

How are you feeling?: Tired, nauseas, sleepy, can't sleep. Moody half the time but very excited still. I smile randomly when I think about LO

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? Hmmm... Either Hawaii, Nashville (outskirts relaxing not bar hopping 😂), or big bear. Just somewhere to put my feet up and listen to nature.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @imrachellea okay I am definitely going to try and keep pocket tissues on me when I go anywhere from now on just because of your story! Especially since I’ve already gotten a couple nosebleeds myself (they haven’t been severe, very light). I mean that is traumatizing!
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Ugh, Ms Scatter Brains here originally replied to the wrong group! 

aby is the size of a(n): the inside of a straw?

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound and blood work tomorrow. I can't remember if 6 weeks has an ultrasound or not. 

Rants/Raves?: I'm still pissed about open school night tomorrow. I have to be there 6-8:45, which is garbage. That makes it a 13 hour work day, and who wants to be at a school until almost 9:00 at night?!? Certainly not my non-English speaking parents! 

How are you feeling?: Fine, other than occasional cramps, but those are less frequent. And tired, like we all agreed in that thread.  

GTKY: Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon? We went to Maui when I was pregnant with #1, and that was glorious. I'm not sure if I would do something similar, ie tropical like Mexico, or somewhere completely different where it's cold or urban. The problem is that when I go on vacation I like to DO ALL THE THINGS, which is hard when you are growing a person. 
  • @liliumstargazer13 I’m the same way, do ALL THE THINGS. I do regret doing that for babymoon with DS and traipsing around Europe. I was wiped!

• Due date/W+D: 5/26  5+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Not sure?

Any appointments? Questions?:  I have a check up Friday. I don't know if they will do anything.

Rants/Raves?: NA

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! My husband thinks I have a glow but I'm not so sure about that.

GTKY - Stealing from another group last week - what is your ideal babymoon?  Pretty much anywhere! I would be happy going to Hawaii or California again.

• lappymom2019lappymom2019 member
    edited September 2018
    @liliumstargazer13 Sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way for this weekend. I hope the ultrasound goes well. I am looking forward to hearing about it! :)
  • @liliumstargazer13 sending you good vibes that the next few days go by quickly. Keep us posted with how Monday goes <3 

@Jazibel it took me a long time to get on the neti pot bandwagon but now it's a common practice in the winter. I've always been anti-cold meds (with the rare exception of Alka-Seltzer cold and sinus) so the neti pot helps a LOT. 

@imrachellea - regarding your comment, "I really wish I felt more pregnant so it felt real, right now I feel like I'm just kidding myself when I think about being pregnant."  I feel like my symptoms are stagnant except for my boobs. The cramping/pinching has mellowed out and it's just not real. Maybe things will change after our first u/s 10/12?