April 2019 Moms

Exercising in the First Trimester

Hi Everyone!

Is anyone else feeling discouraged because they aren’t working out as much as they hoped in the first trimester? I used to be so active before and did a lot of running.  All I can really manage is walking, squats, and a few dumbbell arm exercises.

I am hoping to pick it back up in the second and third trimester and be super consistent.  

Questions:

Does anyone else feel disappointed and pictured themselves having a more fit pregnancy?

What workouts are you doing?

Did anyone try prenatal yoga yet?

What pelvic floor exercises have you incorporated?

Thanks moms!

Re: Exercising in the First Trimester

• Trying not to beat myself up about it. I am barely eating so I have 0 energy to workout. I attempted running a couple of weeks back, I was sure I was going to faint. DH and I are planning to take walks this evening and do yoga. Hopefully I am able to
  • I'm not beating myself up about it too badly. I have been feeling like crap lately and I threw out my back Thursday on top of that. We'll see what the chiropractor says today but I'm hoping now that we're headed into the second trimester that I'll have more energy and be able to go on short walks with DD. I did prenatal yoga while I was pregnant last time and loved it so eventually I'd like to start that up again as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Questions:

Does anyone else feel disappointed and pictured themselves having a more fit pregnancy?
    I’ve only been making it to workout 2-3 days a week, instead of my usual 4-5. I also have been sitting/laying around more than normal just because I have no energy. So yes I feel slightly disappointed but also proud that I am still making myself get up at 5:30am a few days a week

FitBody Bootcamp. Luckily I have a great fit fam/workoutbuddies that keep me accountable if I miss too many workouts.( they don’t know I’m pregnant yet)

I LOVE yoga but haven’t practiced in 1.5 years. The prenatal yoga classes around me don’t work with my schedule. But bootcamp offers a free yoga Thursday nights I’m going to try it this week

Kegals make me have to pee lol. But I do a lot of squats at bootcamp.
  • I generally worked out about 4-5 days a week and in the last 2 weeks I have only worked out 1-2 times a week. I went today and it was brutal. 

You have to do what you are comfortable doing sometimes that means doing nothing. I went into this with a completely different mindset. I have had a hard time getting rid of the weight from DD1. I wanted to be fit this time for baby #2 BUT after having some complications recently I don't care as much ( about being fit) I just want a healthy baby. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Yes! Prior to getting pg I was an avid runner (running a marathon every 6-9 months) and Soul Cycle groupie. Right away working out became much harder and at 8 weeks I was put on modified bedrest (no exercise or sex) because of a subchorionic hemorrhage. 

Yes/no. This is my 4th. I’ve learned to just listen to my body and that it will do what it wants during PG, I always lose the weight and get back in fighting shape after the fact. ;)

I am walking and doing prenatal yoga. I still can’t run or doing anything that gets my heart rate up—hoping I get taken off modified bedrest this week.

Yup. I love it. I did it with all three other pregnancies too (this will be my fourth baby) and I think it helped me have fast labors and go natural.

Only ones in prenatal yoga. 
  • So weird, the above post was from my old account where the email address is no longer active, somehow my phone logged me in under that account. Anyway, posting again under my current account and will see if I can delete the old post.

Yes! Prior to getting pg I was an avid runner (running a marathon every 6-9 months) and Soul Cycle groupie. Right away working out became much harder and at 8 weeks I was put on modified bedrest (no exercise or sex) because of a subchorionic hemorrhage. 

Yes/no. This is my 4th. I’ve learned to just listen to my body and that it will do what it wants during PG, I always lose the weight and get back in fighting shape after the fact.

I am walking and doing prenatal yoga. I still can’t run or doing anything that gets my heart rate up—hoping I get taken off modified bedrest this week.

Yup. I love it. I did it with all three other pregnancies too (this will be my fourth baby) and I think it helped me have fast labors and go natural.

Only ones in prenatal yoga.