Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check-in w/o Sept 24

mayflower513mayflower513 member
edited September 2018 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday ladies!  This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 2nd trimester!!! If you are in weeks 13-27, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

How far along?

Appts this coming week?

How're you feeling this week?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names!

Mommies to be:

@mag1cbeli3ver 12/1 BOY!

@Joslynj11  12/1 GIRL/BOY TWINS! 

@prudence9-2 12/6 BOY!

@ilky 12/12 BOY!

@DecemberDoll27 12/15 BOY!

@artemis618 12/21 GIRL! 

@tosh24 1/7

@mayflower513 2/4 BOY!

@LynnNJ 2/2 BOY!

@darkstar42 2/13 BOY!

@JamieH2000 2/20 FINDING OUT!

@halips 2/24 BOY!

@Drove2u 3/23 FINDING OUT!

@kristimh80 3/28 GIRL!

Please, also let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤

Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: 2nd Trimester check-in w/o Sept 24

• How far along? 14 weeks! 

Appts this coming week? Not this week but had my first obgyn ultrasound Friday —still waiting for all of my results  hopefully this week I’ll know  

How're you feeling this week? Ugh I got this nasty head cold so miserable  —but back to work today anyway  

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! I haven’t even thought about it yet. It’s so stressful hahaha. I want to find out the gender first. :-) 

• @drove2u yay for your first ultrasound :smile: I am starting a cold and already had one a few weeks ago so I feel your pain!!  I figured some wouldn't have gotten into the names yet but some later in the 2nd trimester may have.

AFM

How far along? 21 weeks.  Everything says a carrot but what carrot is 10.5 inches??

Appts this coming week? None until end next thursday, unless I call/go in today (see below).

How're you feeling this week? I have a lesser version of the severe pain I had exactly 2 weeks ago.  I can't tell what it is but I feel it in my back.  I may call and ask to be seen just to be on the safe side since it's been a few hours already and it's not getting better.

Rants/Raves: My OB said to take calcium/magnesium for my RLS.  So I got rainbow light's supplement a week ago and then last night I decided to look at the label and look up the herbs in it, which includes 20mg of horsetail and betaine, which I looked up and saw they're unsafe for pregnancy.  Now I'm freaked out and need to find a new one.

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! We have a short list going of: Parker, Nolan, Luca or Logan.  The middle names we have though of are Antony (FIL's middle name), or Benjamin (H's name).  BUT, our 3 year old has clung to Logan.  Now I feel like I have to name him that to confuse him less, haha.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • How far along? 13w4d

Appts this coming week? Next OB appt is next Friday.

How're you feeling this week? Feeling good. Still battling nasty heartburn in the evenings. But happy if that's the worst of it all. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: all the new babies being born with friends this fall. Rant: Being volunteered by my small group leader to plan a girls nights. I know it'll be fun, but I have baby brain 1/2 the time and feel like there's a million other things going on. Plus she never even asked me, which is probably why I'm most annoyed. 

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! We have a small list going. I think Mia is at the top of it these days. I wanted Ella after his grandmother, but he wasn't 100% on board. 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• You guys you guys I’m totally freaking out. My panarama test came back inconclusive—not enough fetal dna. The doctor said it could be nothing or could be abnormal. She wants to send me to a high risk doc. I’m having the worst anxiety now. 
  • @drove2u FX it’s nothing!!

im also freaking out Bc my pain is just as bad as it was 2 weeks ago.  Appt is in an hour and I’m sitting here so uncomfortable and freaking out that I’m in labor or something.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @drove2u-I'm so sorry- I would feel the same way! But I would think not enough DNA would just mean inconclusive and not higher risk for abnormal? For example, when they do PGS on an embryo, that is what inconclusive means- they just need more genetic material. Hopefully the high risk doctor can see you ASAP. I would imagine they would repeat the blood work or maybe do a NT/first trimester bloodwork right away?

@mayflower513- ugh, any pain is scary! I am sure its probably fine, but I would call. I had some cramping last week that felt like AF like, and it really freaked me out. I know there is lots of stretching and shifting going on in there, but its still scary!

@kristimh80- That would frustrate me too! But on the bright side- maybe you can plan what and when you want it? maybe just do the first one and then it can be someone else next time!!

How far along? 19 weeks on Wednesday. I feel like time is starting to go a little faster, but the days are dragging until my anatomy scan.

Appts this coming week? Notthing this week- anatomy scan is next Friday and I'm counting the days- 11 more!

How're you feeling this week? been starting to feel mostly better, but morning sickness is still hanging on. I did alot of activity yesterday with painting and a nice long walk, and my feet were killing me last night!

Rants/Raves: I know gender reveals are a little silly, but this is my parents first grandkid and after our long struggle, we are going to do a small one for them. I am thinking of getting one of those confetti balloons off Amazon. The confetti canons looked fun, but are actually pretty expensive! Any other fun/easy ideas?

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names!  We will talk more after we find out the Gender, but we have a list of about 10 girls names and a few boys ones. i find boys names much harder. I guess my top choices today are Aubrey for a girl and Austin for a boy. Hopefully not too popular/common today but also not to different.

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • How far along? 18w3d

Appts this coming week? Just some blood work on Friday

How're you feeling this week? ok, still having sleep issues and this sinus infection is dragging it's feet leaving, but other wise all is well. 

Rants/Raves: MIL is pressuring me to make baby shower decisions already. While I'm thankful she wants to do this for us, it's a little early for me and she's making it so stressful. H finally told her to back off and give me a few weeks.

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! Well, if we were having a girl, this would have been easy! She would be called Elise Lucille after my grandmothers. But, since it's a boy the name picking is much harder for H and I. He hates almost every name I suggest. My top names are Wyatt, Everett, Hugh, Theo,and Lincoln. He's really pushing for a Junior or at least the same first name (Jeffrey). I'm not sold, even though that's also my dad and brothers name. I'm good with it for a middle, but not really for a first name. Too many decisions lol

@Drove2u deep breathes! I know it's hard but try not to think the worst. I just read that a lot of women get inconclusive results with that test and some women it just won't work for at all.  Sending you lots of reassuring thoughts. Hang in there!

@mayflower513 colds when you're pregnant suck! I hope it passes quickly and the pain you're having subsides quickly too. Love the names!

@kristimh80 Love your names too, so cute! I'd be annoyed by being volunteered too. Maybe ask for some help, saying you're a little busy and can't do it on your own?

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @JamieH2000 we did a small gender reveal for my parents/siblings/nieces and nephew over labor day and made cake pops with blue cake inside. We wanted to do the cannon or colored shotgun shells (brothers are hunters) but they were really pricey! This way, everyone got a treat too lol  Love your names!  A good friend of mine just had a baby boy and they named him Austen (she's a Jane Austen fan) :)  hope your morning sickness goes away soon!

*TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @drove2u are you by chance overweight at all?  I'm not trying to be rude, just asking because that's a common cause of low fetal dna fraction.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @drove2u try not to freak out too much. I agree with what was said earlier...it's probably just inconclusive as if some times PGS results come back as. They probably just didn't have enough data. Plus side, high risk doctor will do more ultrasounds for you if you can stay with them :)

@mayflower513 So sorry you're still in pain! Hopefully, they can help you today and relieve some of it for you!

@JamieH2000 Your gender reveal sounds so cute! I wish we had been able to do a cake or something for mine.

@halips Sorry you're dealing with a sinus infection. This weekend mine gave me non-stop headaches due to weather. I do feel your pain about the baby shower stuff. The same small group girl volunteering me for stuff is already trying to plan mine. I've already told her to hold her horses...I didn't even wanna go there! So glad your H told you MIL to give you some breathing room! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @halips- yes its so disgusting how much they charge for the confetti canons just because they know they can since its Baby related! I think we will also make cake pops to go with the balloon. I have been getting the baby shower questions too.. since my family one is going to be a joint shower with my sister because she lives out of state and is only 6 weeks behind. She will only be in town once during her pregnancy, about right when my shower would be. I don't mind sharing really, since i don't love being the center of attention, but my friends are throwing me a separate one since they think I deserve my own after going through so much (my sister only tried  months). 

@kristmh80- Does everyone already know the gender? You could still do a cake if there are some that don't! Otherwise i think you are still absolutely entitled to a pink cake ANYTIME you want it during this pregnancy :)
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 Yes, due to PGS testing...everyone already knew we only had girls to choose from. But I love the idea of "pink cake anytime"! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Thanks everyone @mayflower513 lol not rude at all and no I’m not overweight. I was reading that too and I wish I was now because that could explain it. I did call panaroma and they said it wasn’t mishandled or anything. So I can’t even blame it on a lab mistake. Sooo nervous. 
  • @Drove2u I’m sorry about your inconclusive result - but try to remember it’s just that - inconclusive.  I’m glad you’re getting to see a high risk doctor for extra attention.  I know it’s hard, but you can only wait till you get more information.  I’m thinking positively for you!

How far along?

27w3d - guess I’ll be moving on next week already...

Appts this coming week?

That “Golden” OB appointment on Friday - 28 weeks on the 28th, and meeting with a potential pediatrician (who incidentally also has an appointment with my OB earlier that morning) after.

So far so good - the leg cramps have been a little worse in the last week which made ballet on Saturday less fun.  Randomly had reflux yesterday morning, but instances have thankfully been few and far between...so far.  May have woken up with a little sore throat this morning though :( 

Rants/Raves:  Excited because we picked up nursery furniture from a friend yesterday - which makes it feel more real to me.

Second tri has gone by quickly, but it still seems like we’ve so long to go (fingers crossed we do at least!).

I proposed the name Teagan (Rose - for my Aunt Rosa) because we have a “T” last name and I like the alliteration the morning DH found out her gender at our AS (I saw the PGS reports, he didn’t, so I’d had more time to think about it - and actually all of our pregnancies have been with girls so I’ve had the name in mind for a couple of years now).  So I basically put the burden on DH to change my mind.  He has almost 3 more months, but he likes to tease me with really out there, unusual names (he started with his family’s dog-naming convention of characters from Greek mythology).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Drove2u Hope you feel better soon! MH has been sick, and it is no fun. Also, I’m so sorry the test was inconclusive! Fx all is well.

@mayflower513 Maybe they’re including the carrot tops in the measurement? Supplements can be so sneaky with what herbs are in them. I just realized one of my herbal teas was marked as not safe for pregnancy. I hope all is well with you and the pain has subsided! Glad you were able to get the doctor to check you out though.  

@kristimh80 Ugh. I hate being volunteered for things. Hopefully it goes well though!

@JamieH2000 I also find it super hard to come up with boys names that I like. Also, I highly recommend compression socks for foot pain/swelling! Mine have helped so much.

@halips Being pressured about a baby shower is no fun! I’m glad YH stepped in to calm things down.

@artemis618 How exciting to get nursery furniture! We haven’t bought anything yet.

How far along? I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday!

Appts this coming week? AS u/s on Thursday. Because I'm old, I'm having the level 2 u/s with the MFM who runs the birth center we're using, so I'll get detailed information immediately. I'm feeling anxious but also excited.

How're you feeling this week? Good! Compression socks are magical, and anyone with swelling issues should definitely try them! They have seriously helped so much. My midwife appointment last Friday went well. I just love getting to hear the heart beat. <3

Rants/Raves: Today was a pretty hectic day at work, and I'm feeling behind on lots of little things. I'm just not a very organized person, so I love teaching, but hate all the planning and organizing.

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! We're having a really hard time with boy names! Before we found out the gender we had girl names we loved (favorites were Zoe and Viola), but now we're struggling to come up with boy names we like. Some of the top contenders right now are Milo, Caleb, and Jude. The goal is to create a short list and make a final decision once he actually arrives.

• @artemis618- wow, already the third tri!! Also- I love the name Teagan Rose! I am wondering if anyone who has a pretty solid name in mind before the baby is born has ever met the baby and then changed their mind? Part of me wants to pick one out so i can order things with the name, but what if I meet them and then it just doesn't fit?

@darkstar42- I will have to look into those, especially since I am flying to CO and FL in October. Boy names are so hard! Like either too common or too different.! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Hi everyone,
    Hopping over from the 1st trimester board! So happy to be here. I'm not even sure when 2nd trimester starts but I'm close enough I guess.

How far along?

13 weeks 1 day

Appts this coming week?

Nothing for 3 more weeks! Seems like an eternity. I'm currently waiting for results from NT scan + blood work. 

Great, but totally exhausted by 8-9 pm.

Rants/Raves:

Raves: Told my boss and co-workers yesterday, and everyone's reactions were wonderful. My boss is really happy for me and we had a great chat about planning my leave and return, etc. Co-workers are mostly younger single women - and they just all peppered me with questions, which I don't mind at all. 

We have William (DH's grandfather's name) or Benjamin for a boy. Alexandra, Penelope or Zoe for a girl. Still looking around for other ideas too. I think we'll narrow it down to two names once we know the sex, and then see what seems to fit after the birth!

About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited September 2018
    I promise I’m going to go and talk to people but I’ve been on my phone and it’s hard.

I'm freaking out.  I used my Doppler this morning and there are a lot of really strange fluctuations I hear with the heartbeat.  Like sounds normal then drops a lot and is irregular and then eventually goes back up. I tried again a few hours later and same thing.  I’m waiting for a call back from my OB who will probably be mad at me but I couldn’t not call.  Ugh so freaked out.

https://youtu.be/EvgFSz5Sbyg

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 try to breath! I feel like for the majority of the video you were listening to the placenta and not the baby. It makes woosh woosh sounds and the frequency is of your HB not the baby's. Maybe little one was moving in and out of the range of the probe. I am no specialist by all means and I hope you can get a hold of your OB for peace of mind
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • @mayflower513 that's the placenta; heartbeat sounds more clippy/cloppy --

BUT I did have similar-sounding irregularities in baby's HB on my doppler during the 2nd trimester, actually around pretty much the same gestational age (16-23 weeks, give or take). I was just as freaked out and panicky.

Apparently that's when the brain is starting to take over on the heartbeat and occasional irregularities can be perfectly normal (at least that's what the OB and nurses told me). It's only if it lasts for 30+ seconds and becomes an actual change in rhythm that they start getting concerned. You'd hear minor irregularities on a majority of fetus at this GA but we're not listening to them all the time! (I actually read some studies on this because it was freaking me out so much.) 

That sounds pretty much like the irregular beat I heard on my doppler (and I heard actual heartrate drops, not the placenta -- what you are recording is the placenta). They might not even be true irregularities if the baby is moving away from the doppler probe and it drops the sound every so often as @DecemberDoll27

Get checked out for peace of mind but I'm fairly confident (as a layperson) that what you are hearing, as long it was isolated instances lasting less than 10-15 seconds, may just be normal variations.

My baby came out perfectly fine, no cardiac abnormalities!  (And she did famously on non-stress tests in the 3rd trimester.)
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

edited September 2018
    Thank you @decemberdoll27 and @mbradfo2.  

I’m waiting for the OB now.  I’m sure I’ll be told to stop using the Doppler and I will gladly tell DH to either hide or throw it away if I’m indeed wrong to be worried about this!! 

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Well, we heard it there too  and he said it’s definitely an irregularity. He was going to send me for an echo which I already have scheduled for next Thursday so they called to try to move it up but can’t and since I’m “not viable yet anyway”... I wait an eternity till next Thursday.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Hugs!!! Looks like we have the same doppler. I have a love / hate with it! Glad you went in to check. Hopefully, you'll get lucky and there will be a cancellation before next Thursday.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @Drove2u Sorry the inconclusive results are stressing you out - totally understandable. A number of women on my BMB had that happen and got low risk results back on the redraw, so FX it's the same for you. Did you doctor suggest a redraw? Hope your head cold is feeling better!

@kristimh80 Being "voluntold" for stuff is super annoying. Good luck at your OB appointment tomorrow!

@JamieH2000 I contemplated a pinata for a gender reveal. Something about a bunch of adults being blindfolded and swinging at a pinata sounded entertaining :)

@halips Awesome that your husband has your back and you can count on him for support, especially where his family is concerned. Definitely makes life easier. Hope that sinus infection has finally buggered off!

@artemis618 Can't believe this is your last week in 2nd tri - so exciting to be moving on! Hope your OB appointment goes well tomorrow. I take a magnesium supplement for leg cramps and RLS. Totally safe in pregnancy. My cramps have completely disappeared (I was getting them multiple times a day/night and some were so bad I couldn't walk for a day after). Ask your OB about magnesium tomorrow if you're interested. 

@darkstar42 Good luck with your A/S today! I'm also having a really hard time coming up with boy names that I like.

@scikap Awesome that you have a supportive workplace! Hope your results come in quickly - the waiting is so hard.

@mayflower513 Ugh, sorry for the added stress and worry. Glad you got in to see your OB and hopefully it turns out to be nothing. Did they actually mention "not being viable yet anyway", 'cause that would have me seeing RED! Can you be put on a cancellation list at all in case an appt for the echo comes up sooner? I hope the next week flies by for you and all the worrying is for nothing.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Late to the party, as usual...

25+3 today!

No appointments until my reg OB check up next Thursday.

Feeling pretty good! Got a whopping 7.5 hours of sleep in a row last night without waking (other than to roll over). I'm sure I'll be back to the insomnia tonight, but I'm thankful for all the longer stretches I can get! Feeling sore on the entire right side of my torso (obliques I think) and a little below toward the groin. I think I pulled a muscle the other day while twisting to grab something and I'll be fine and then every so often I get a sharp pain...feels like at skin level or right below, which is making me think muscular. Otherwise, just a sore tailbone to round things out :)

We are Team Green so have to come up with one for each sex. Girl will 100% be Josephine. Boys, we have no idea. I don't really *love* any boy names like I love Josephine (or a million other girl names on my list that DH vetoed). We like more traditional names and I think we'll be going to the hospital with a list of our top 3 for a boy. Right now we are throwing around Michael, James, Christopher, Sebastian, and Maxwell.  

(Also, @mayflower513 I think as of next week all the people on the list above me will have moved on to 3rd tri so they're not part of the 2nd tri check in anymore  :) )

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 Those good night sleeps are so valuable! I think I woke up randomly every hour last night. Hope your soreness goes away soon! I feel like I go thru phases where the round ligament pain is more pronouced. Idk how many times I've had to adjust the car seat so didn't hurt as much getting in and out. I like your idea of using traditional names...you don't hear as many Michaels's, etc any more. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @mayflower513
    ugh, I'm so upset that you're going through this -- my OB was never able to reproduce the irregularities I heard in the office (it happened a handful of times during the 2nd trimester but not reliably) so he chalked it up to just normal variations or the doppler signal getting dropped since it was always steady and looked good when they checked. I am still hoping that this turns out to be worry over nothing -- or it's one of those minor little things that self corrects over time. I read that a lot of different things can cause irregularities and most of them weren't alarming, just part of development or a minor structural thing that corrects itself later. The echo will give you more answers though and hopefully peace of mind. I know you're probably beside yourself right now <3<3 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

edited September 2018
    Ok getting to everyone! (Or trying to, sorry if I miss something.)

@Drove2u how are you doing?  Do you have an appt with the MFM?  Are you having the test redone?

@kristimh80 Good luck tomorrow!  

@JamieH2000 We also almost did a confetti balloon - I love this idea!  We ended up doing a cake because we had people over for DH’s birthday when we announced so we did a gender reveal cake and his cake.

@halips I hope you’re feeling better.  My (second now) cold is dragging and sucking.

@artemis618 I also stopped getting RLS when I started taking calcium/magnesium.  It’s stuff probably already in your prenatal vitamin, they just don’t put enough in there to help with that (they should!)

@darkstar42 How did your A/S go?  Well, I hope!  We already had a girl name picked out (Mila), and are really struggling with boy names, too!

@scikap I hope your results come in ASAP -I don’t do well with waiting at all!

@tosh24 I’m so jealous of the good nights sleep!  And thank you :heart: he did mention the not being viable.  Basically because they can’t make me deliver even if there’s an issue there’s no rush to get the echo.  Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy (not).

@mbradfo2 thank you!  I was so hoping they wouldn’t be able to hear it and I’d be scolded for Doppler use.  I’ve done lots of reading too and found that usually it’s nothing serious (if it even continues to be an issue).  Everything looked fine on my AS so I’m taking that as positive.  It’s more concerning to me that it happened all 3 times it was checked today, and it’s definitely a lot more than 10-15 seconds.  I’m going to cut coffee back out ... I didn’t even drink caffeinated until about 18 weeks and haven’t had an issue with it up until now so I doubt it’s related but I will cut it out anyway.  He’s moving around a ton so I guess that’s reassuring.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @tosh24 I'm so jealous of your good nights sleep! I've had a cold this week and been sleeping terribly. Also loving the name choices. Sebastian is such a cute one. :) The A/S today went really well! All looks good and baby boy was wiggling around a lot.
    @mayflower513 I'm so sorry for all the stress and delay! I too would have been upset by the viability comment. It's not like that changes your need to know what's going on! The A/S was great, and I'm feeling very relieved. I do have an anterior placenta though, so it may be a while before I feel anything!
    edited September 2018
    @darkstar42 give it a couple of weeks.  I’ve been feeling so much more movement this week (21 weeks).  Like every day sometimes throughout the day, but at least at night (I also have an anterior placenta).  I mostly just feel him down low though.  Although, today when the OB was doing the Doppler he said he had just flipped and asked if I felt all that.. nope!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Thanks, that's encouraging! Hoping I'll feel something soon.
  • @darkstar42
    I had an anterior placenta as well and I didn't start feeling much of anything until 20-21 weeks, and even then it was fairly slight. I have a fabulous history with obsession over baby movements because of the anterior placenta but it resulted in my pre-E being caught early (long story). In any case, my belly felt "strange" [like I had constant bubbling gas] around 20 weeks and there were little direct taps every so often. It didn't get distinct until the 3rd trimester and even then, it was a little soft at times. I still have no idea what a baby flip feels like :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mayflower513- I am sorry you are dealing with the worry and having to wait until THursday! I feel like when i find the HB, its actually been harder sometimes lately and it comes and goes. I just assume the baby is moving around alot, but it doesn't sound as regular or steady as it used to. I am trying not to worry either, but literally counting the days until my anatomy scan.
    @darkstar42- you are not alone- i am 19+2 and haven't felt anything that I am sure was movment. everyone says you will know once its the baby, so I am assuming its just been gas or digestion. My OB couldn't tell where my placenta was at 15 weeks, she guessed posterior, but now I am thinking anterior since i haven't felt anything and i feel like often hear the placenta in the front with the doppler. Hopefully another week or two will make it clear for both of us with movement!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 thank you.  I’m sure yours is just just moving and that’s what’s causing it to go in and out.  Mine stays but gets very irregular, I've had what you described happen a lot and it’s totally normal!  But I’m sure you’ll see that for yourself and your mind will be eased at your AS!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Hello ladies. So good to see so many familiar names from the IF board

First time posting here. 

EDD 2/17 Girl

How far along? 20w today

Appts this coming week? US on Monday

How're you feeling this week? So so. Morning sickness is still here. Acid reflux is bad. Leg cramps and now RLS which makes me wonder if I should just start on iron and extra supplements or wait for the doctor.

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Let’s talk baby names! We have a short list but nothing definitive yet.

Very happy to be here with everyone!

• @more14 Welcome to the 2nd tri party! Have fun tomorrow at your ultrasound! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019