December 2018 Moms

Bitch week 9/24

Re: Bitch week 9/24

• Loading the player...
  • @Jens_Hoes I would definitely say something if it happens again, or have your H say something, since it is his family. Sure, toddlers tend to get physical, at times, but it is the parents’ responsibility to step in so no one gets hurt and so their child learns to not be a punk!
    @rcultrona I’m glad your H said something to her, but that’s a really crappy thing for her to do. Why would you gift someone clothes that you know they won’t like?
  • @katy0990 because some people apparently know better than everyone else about everything...lol

• @Jens_Hoes that must be so frustrating.  I definitely wouldn't find it funny if my little guy shoved another kid down.  He's 23 months now and often shows frustration physically, but he as a result is also an expert at time outs and saying sorry!  That's so unfortunate there's no consequences for your niece.  Her mom is really missing out on the chance to give her consequences when it's relative easy.  Having an out of control teenager is not going to be so funny I bet!

@rcultrona sorry your MIL is being so petty.  I don't get why women do that to each other.  As someone who is likely to be a mother in law for at least 3 boys, if my DIL didn't like to dress my grandkid in a certain style I wouldn't buy it!  It seems so simple:).  And then to complain about it on FB.  Isn't she supposed to me the mature one?  Anyway, good notes to take for MILing in the future:).

• @ScootsMcG Yes, I think good advise in any situation is, don't act like a petty teenage girl unless you are a teenage girl. 

• @Jens_Hoes I don’t know how you held it in. I don’t think I could have been as gracious. Toddlers are their own natural disasters at times, but the parent behavior is unacceptable.
    @rcultrona I can see buying something different than the mom’s style - that could be fun. But then add in the mom’s style too. Or just don’t be a jerk about it. Geez.
    @Katzalia I hope you feel better soon!
    Reading this reminded me of a time this weekend when I almost overreacted (maybe I did overreact- but I am okay with that). We were at a festival. Ds1 was in a bouncy house and ds2 was being .. a 2 year old. He wouldn’t go in but he wanted to climb the entrance. I get it I should have been fighting him more (but truly I was exhausted from fighting him) but instead chose to just hold onto him so he wouldn’t hurt himself. Then the festival ticket taker said “Seriously Mom” (in a real jerk-ish way). I apologized then got angry. I went up to him and said- “And what did you mean when you told me ‘Seriously Mom.” That stopped him and he was way more appropriate in his tone with me. He said “I’ve just seen kids get hurt.” That comment I could appreciate, but giving a mom crap who is clearly pregnant and wrestling a toddler - I had no patience. 
  • @Activebaby That is so annoying! Don’t buy into my parenting unless you actually plan on being helpful!
  • rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited September 2018
    @Activebaby Good for you for saying something. He could have offered to help or walked up to you and just said kids get hurt that way and maybe it’s not a great idea. I hate when people think they know better than everyone else. Try being helpful!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @winterplumeria I’m glad you are all okay! I’m not knowledgeable about car insurance, but can you decide to keep it?
  • @Katzalia I hope you feel better! I’m glad you were able to take another day to recover!
  • My 24th birthday is coming up on October 5th. I'm not huge on birthdays but I told my husband that I wanted to go out to dinner at my favorite restaurant that night. It's on a Friday. That means we have to find someone to watch the kids.

I asked my mom what she was doing that weekend and she told me that her and my stepdad and little brother were going to their river house. She said sorry because she forgot it was my birthday. I asked my sister but she works every other weekend and it landed on her working weekend.
    Then my dad comes over last night to fix some electrical in my house and before I could ask him if he could watch our boys, he starts telling my husband and I about how he is planning a surprise birthday party for my step mom on that Friday night. Her birthday is Christmas Day and he said the only was to throw her a surprise birthday party is to do it before the holidays. He said we could come if we wanted. I told him that it's alright, I'd rather just relax that night because it's my birthday. Well, he didn't realize it was my birthday that day. I'm totally not annoyed that everyone has plans on my birthday. I'm just annoyed that we have no way of having a nice dinner for my birthday.
    Seriously considering asking my husband to just stay home with the kids and me go to dinner by myself. (Something that is not unheard of since I like to go to lunch and the movies by myself) Haha
    Alright, rant over. Haha 
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • One of our smoke detectors has a low battery and is beeping. It's at the top of the stairs on the ceiling. No nonsense, eff pregnancy, let's get stuff done me wants to change it, but practical, 7-months pregnant me knows I shouldn't be on a ladder changing batteries so close to the stairs. So, I am waiting until my husband returns from his work trip tomorrow evening. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @asun123 I’m sorry no one is able to babysit. Can you send your kiddos to the surprise party, while you and your h go to dinner?
    @echo-charlietango He didn’t know they were green beans?!?!
    @binxybaby That sounds super annoying, but better safe than sorry!
  • @orangecrush29 (I keep trying to tag the wrong numbered orangecrush, haha) 100% with you on the Walmart pickup thing. I totally feel like I'm supporting Big Evil every time I put my order in, but holy cow it's SO convenient. The only other grocery option in my town is Publix, which is gorgeous, full of awesome stuff, and twice the price. I could also drive to the commissary on post, but that's a half hour away and really not worth it unless I have a specific reason to be there. (I do take my son into the CDC every week, but that's my one dedicated time to write, not waste on grocery shopping!)

I also feel you on the kid clamming up during evaluations thing. My son has had many, many evaluations in his short life, and I always have to reassure the evaluators that he does interact a bit more at home! But I think they know that. It's frustrating that they labeled your son as "extremely delayed". My son didn't even warm up to his speech therapist until the 4th session or so.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • morgantumorgantu member
    edited September 2018
    @orangecrush29 @PensiveCrayon @echo-charlietango I am also thinking about  a grocery pickup/delivery situation when the baby is born. We have the walmart option, and we also have wegman's :love: but it costs extra for pickup. They'll also deliver but that costs extra extra. I have yet to determine what the price of convenience will be. 

ETA because i forgot to add my own bitch: I'm trying to apply for this new job, but I can't access the HR portal. UGHHHHH i've been trying to get in for 3 days now and it keeps telling me I have an account, but they can't verify my information, and then I get locked out. I just directly emailed the recruiter with my documents because I don't know how long the job will be posted and I don't want to miss out. But lord, is this 2018 or what people?
  • I’m so sorry everyone is having a crappy week so far! I hope it gets better soon. Full moon tonight, so maybe things will start to calm down after tomorrow :) 

@orangecrush29 Obviously everyplace is different, but if it helps in your decision, speech therapy has done nada for me and my family. I was suggested to be in it in elementary because my teeth came in jank and I couldn’t talk “normal”. My mom pulled me out because they were trying to get me to talk with an accent because it’d be “easier to learn that way”. It wasn’t, and soon as my teeth came in I was fine. And my brothers kid had a stutter he had to go in for, and he ended up being taken out because the teachers kept saying how “disabled” he was , to his face, and he started to actually believe them. He wasn’t disabled-he stuttered because he literally was trying to say too much at a time and he was 5! A year later he just learned to calm down what he wanted to say and the stutter was gone. I hope it all thrns out for you, but I think you will probably have enough going on that week without having to keep speech therapy appointments that alreadg sound like bs :P  good luck
  • Lol at that @maureenmce...Fx you get the job!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @orangecrush29 Are they trying to put him on an IEP?
    @morgantu Good luck! Fx you get it!
    Re: Grocery pick up I would like to try it after this LO is born because dragging a newborn and a toddler to the store in the snow sound awful. How much roughly does it cost?
  • @katy0990
    walmart is FREEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • @echo-charlietango I’m laughing at the cashier asking if you know the produce code. That’s so something I probably asked at some point as a dumb teenage cashier. No kid, I don’t know your store’s internal code for green beans!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @jens_hoes But is the produce any good?
     I currently go to 3 grocery stores each week because I’m cheap, but we like good produce.
  • @katy0990 eh I feel like it is hit or miss.  But I get grocery delivery from Price Chopper and even that is hit or miss.  Sometimes I feel like that gets moldy quicker.
  • My Walmart does a great job picking produce, but I do go in for avocados because they always choose the rock-hard ones that take 2 weeks to ripen. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @orangecrush29 & @katy0990
    It's a surprise party for my STEP mom who's birthday is on Christmas. No kids at the party since it's just a bunch of bikers. My dad is surprising her with a new motorcycle.
    And yes, my dad forgot my birthday. But it's not the first time. 

Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes on all of the grocery pickup/deliveries! I wish Aldi would start that because that's where we do our shopping, but when I've done a Wal-Mart order before it's amazing and would totally use it all of the time if that's where we liked to shop.
    @asun123 that is such a bummer that they forgot your birthday! Hopefully you can get that dinner in soon! 
    @orangecrush29 so sorry on your appointment for your son. You would think that someone who is evaluating a kid would know that not many kids are going to just sit there and talk to a new person in the first few minutes. My most outgoing kid would probably not even do that. 
  • My bitch for today is selfish because I do feel bad for my dog but he's now totally fine and I'm miserably tired. He sometimes has seizure-like tremors in his back legs (this is the paralyzed dog) and I woke up at 4am to our bed shaking because of them. They are harmless and are just reflexes or random misfirings of nerves but they scare him if they last too long. Of course, H slept right through them, so I got up with the dog and took him to the couch to give him an anti-anxiety pill and comfort him. I couldn't fall back asleep before I had to get ready for work and now I'm struggling not to fall asleep at my desk. Plus it's downpouring outside so it really would've just been nice to stay home all day and cuddle with the dog now that he was calm!  :(
  • @orangecrush29 yes thats whats left over for me and that was my thought "hello down payment" but the hubby is freaking out about it! He "refuses to go into debt and have a car loan!!!" Um.... we havent been without one... imo whats the difference if were paying $300 a month on my Denali, or something else?? And its not like im looking to get a brand new car, just a reliable used car would be perfect! Although i do agree it would be wonderful to have that extra money in our pocket monthly...Problem is up here everything is over priced... we travelled to a used car lot to check out a few options and were mortified! We were looking at a truck similar to mine only not the supreme package... it seemed ok.. it had 120k miles on it... then the guy informs us oh... i changed the odometer.. it really has 250k... um what? Then hes like yeah were firm on the price its a solid truck! They wanted 7 thousand dollars! We looked at a little dodge they had they wanted 5k for... upon driving it we realised huh the door locks/windows dont work... also 200k miles... smdh ridiculous! So were looking at potentially flying into Anchorage to go car shopping but i dont know when hell get home from fishing, and i want to do it before snow hits, and im not sure when the airline here will no longer allow my pregnant ass to fly!
    @katy0990 that is totally an option! The salvage company doesnt want to send someone 4.5 hours to pick it up... My hubby offered them $700 for it and they accepted... my problem is about a month ago it had an electrical fire in the dash thst makes me a but leery of it... im still driving it for now but ultimately husband is going to replace his death trap work truck with it that barely runs.. Potentially whatever was going to burn up did (something in the power locking system) and hopefully wont cause further issue... but neither of us want to chance me driving it with hubby gone, my 5 yr old and new baby if it lights on fire again..
  • @lippy625 sounds like your b**** Fest is more about having to go to work than waking up early with the dog ;)  
    So sorry your puppy is going through that. You're so sweet to comfort him and wake up with him. Stinks you have to suffer through work now though.

@asun123 sorry your birthday was overlooked! So unfair

@omnommer I'd be disappointed too. At least you made lemonade, or in this case grapefruit juice, out of the situation!