February 2019 Moms
Options

Friday Health/Fitness Check In 9.21

How's everyone doing this week? Finding any good ways to stay active? Making modifications to existing routines? 

What healthy foods are you finding or adding in?

Re: Friday Health/Fitness Check In 9.21

• Options
    bhoubhou member
    edited September 2018
    Hey! Feeling pretty sore. Constantly have not been able to get my motivation up to do workouts. 😔 hoping i get some relief have contacted a physio to help me with my abdominal pain. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    This was the first week I started noticing a real difference in my workouts and I'm a little sad. I had to take more frequent walk breaks during runs and the classes are definitely getting harder. Has me a little scared for what it’ll be like in a few months but still not giving up.  

I have taken a huge jump in getting in healthier foods like making pumpkin veggie smoothies in the morning. I’m not a fan but they make baby dance like crazy so it’s worth it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was a good week!  Haven't had to alter my routine, and have felt more normal the last couple of weeks. I'm still running around 40mpw, and I've kept more speed than I thought, ran a 5k in 22, and was 2nd place female...
    Food wise I'm trying to eat more protein, and actually cooked eggs every morning before work this week.  
  • Options
    @thechickendance HOW?! I am amazed! Ran a few miles again today and was so disappointed in my speed  :/
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @megpants209 honestly, I don't know! I had much lower expectations so I was pleasantly surprised.  I certainly know that I have been lucky with what I am still running, right now it is this kid on my bladder that is forcing frequent pauses in my running.  
    Don't be disappointed!! You're still running, and we are certainly not going to get faster these next 5 months!
  • Options
    I’ve been getting up early to at least stretch, and have worked out a couple days. It makes a huge difference for my sciatic pain, so I plan on keeping it up. I’ve been trying to reintroduce water, but baby keeps rejecting it so I broke down and had a slushee on Friday. I have been eating more vegetables, so I’m feeling pretty good about myself  :)
  • Options
    @thechickendance and @megpants209 on the running note, I’ve noticed a significant difference in my ability. I took my speed down (a tiny bit) a while ago, but my distances I’m able to run are getting shorter and shorter. I used to run a total of 4-5 miles at a time, in stretches no longer than 1.5 with short walk breaks. But just in the last week, I’ve noticed if I go past more than a half mile or so, it’s uncomfortable afterwards, in my lower belly. It’s hard to explain, but I felt it with my first too, and took it as sort of a sign to slow down/take it easy. But that was much later on with DD, so I’m a bit disappointed. I ran up through my due date with her (shorter distances, slower speeds, and I went a week overdue, so it wasn’t like I ran up till the day she was born...), and was expecting/hoping to with this one too, but I’m feeling like my running days are about to be over. I’ve also had some intense insomnia, so I’m holding out hope it may be related and if I can ever get a good nights sleep again, maybe I’ll be able to run again. We’ll see!
  • Options
    @catwoman8731 Interesting connection with the insomnia... I’ve had TERRIBLE insomnia the whole pregnancy (posting at almost 1 am wide awake lol) but didn’t think it could impact workouts. Makes sense though. If you get good rest update on your running and if it improves, I’m so curious now!