March 2019 Moms
Options

All about the SEX (It's a BOY/GIRL!)

Re: All about the SEX (It's a BOY/GIRL!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mill1020 It’s a teaching hospital and the US machines are really high resolution. It was pretty obvious there was nothing going on between the legs. The doc told me with boys, there’s usually some angle to the “nub” by this point and with females it’s flat or only slightly angled. The closer you get to 13 weeks, the greater the chances are that there will be no surprise penis at the 18 week scan. With that said, there’s definitely a chance they could be wrong because it’s still developing. I was surprised they even told me the gender because usually they just say it’s too early. I won’t know for sure for another month or so.
    Doctor told us same information. They very confidently guessed boy but told us not to go painting any walls quite yet. But there was a very obvious nub sticking out at a very noticable angle through the whole scan. I was already measuring at almost 14 weeks when they did the scan. We will know for sure the end of October but I’ve felt like it’s a boy the whole pregnancy so it will be a MASSIVE shock if they recant and say girl at 20 weeks. The same tech guessed with DD and was correct on that one. 
  • Options
    I got my NIPT results (low risk) fraternal twins, but they did not report sex because the tech forgot to check the box on the lab requisition... So my wait continues for a few more days until natera re runs that part.  

• Options
    @mill1020 How did the gender reveal go?? You mentioned being nervous about it on another thread.
  • Options
    @navete, it was really cute. I didn’t shed any tears (honestly I’m still too shocked!!!) and the kids were really funny about it. George really wanted a sister, but Zach insisted it was a brother (he’s been watching a lot of Boss Baby), and Elise is relieved to be keeping her status as the only girl. James and Will seem happy enough, too. Joe and I are both really surprised. 
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Congrats, everybody! I can't wait to find out myself in 12 long days :smile:

@indigoheightsblog I had to go over and check out your instagram to see the reveal :smile: So cute! I was equally shocked when we did our reveal with DD (but so pumped!)
  • Options
    @laur84ns thanks girl! i posted the actual video (not a stopmotion) in my story highlights under "babies" - it was so much fun! obviously this is my first gender reveal. i know a lot of people aren't fans of them... but after trying it once i am SOLD. seeing everyone's reaction and sharing in our JOY was something i will never, ever forget. one of my friends filmed my parents instead of filming us..... i will cherish that video forever. my mom absolutely loses it. i think i put that in my story highlights as well.... it was just such a special moment! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog Oh shucks, I don't actually have an instagram account so I'm pretty sure I can't see people's stories. I'm not super familiar with instagram but all my friends are on it (I'm still old school with Facebook) so I'll have to sign up one of these days!
    I'm so glad you had such a fun gender reveal. Such an exciting time!
  • Options
    @Pooka8 that's crazy!!!! my SIL has four girls (two of whom are fraternal twins) and now we are also having a girl. my brothers dont have childrent yet (too young) but i'm curious to see what happens on their end. on my father's side, of all my cousins that have children, there are 5 girls and 1 boy. we are definitely a girl-heavy family too. congratulations on your twins! so exciting! 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse A little bit different obviously, but at an ultrasound at 13 weeks the tech said she would put money on a boy, and this was confirmed by NIPT recently. I think an ultrasound tech is unlikely to wager a guess unless they are pretty sure, and at 16 weeks I think things look pretty different as far as genitalia goes. Congratulations on your baby girl! 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse last pregnancy we had a sex reveal US through my doc’s office at 16 weeks that was accurate.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse Our local UC Baby will do sex reveals starting at 16 weeks so I'm pretty sure that's when they are confident they'll be able to tell. I also went for an early scan at another private place and the tech there said she does sex reveals starting at 15 weeks. When I asked how reliable her results are right at 15 weeks she said she's never been wrong once, and she's been in business over 15 years. All that to say, from what I understand, if the tech feels like they got a good look at the "goods" it should be very accurate at 16 weeks!
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse The tech is probably right, but while this hasn’t happened to me yet (FTM), and since you asked, last year one of my student’s mom was pregnant and she was told it was a girl. Then, at delivery time, a little boy popped out! But of course I don’t know the details of when her US was or how confident they were with the guess. I also don’t think your doc would make an early guess unless they were pretty sure! So, congrats on your baby girl!!! 
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse I do have a friend that went to a boutique US place that told her the wrong sex at I think 14 weeks despite the tech’s 30 years working as an US technician. They told her girl when at 20 weeks it was clearly a boy.
  • Options
     :o  @meggyme oh no, hopefully they were okay with a boy. I’m not getting my heart set on any names till we confirm again. Hopefully baby cooperates at the 20 week scan.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse she’s such a funny story. She was so impatient she’d had the sneak peek test done (boy), then the boutique US (girl), then anatomy scan (boy). She was actually a little sad when the boutique said it was a girl. It was a wild 2 weeks before the anatomy scan though.