December 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms (9-22 & 9-23)

How’s everyone’s weekend going?

Re: Weekend Randoms (9-22 & 9-23)

• Loading the player...
  •  So...drive thru latte while the washing machine is running?
    Do it!  I'd probably get a snack too  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Also @maureenmce that sounds horrible! Hopefully everything goes smoothly that day for you!! Rest up if you can. 
  • @Activebaby we will have to check out the park, too.
  • Today was rough. Day two of no nap for DD. That made her super ragey and whiny the rest of the day. I put her in time out for the first time ever.  She SCREAMED at me " no". I feel bad but she has to learn that that's not acceptable. Hopefully tomorrow she naps! 
  • @gorgeousariel Whybdo they fight naps so much?!?!?
  • Jens_Hoes said:
    @echo-charlietango do you usually not leave while the washer is running?
    No, I do whatever I like :grimace: It was just a vain attempt to multitask while a machine did chores. It worked out though. I napped while the washer washed, then let Jimmy John's take care of dinner after I moved the laundry :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Jens_Hoes said:
    @echo-charlietango do you usually not leave while the washer is running?
    No, I do whatever I like :grimace: It was just a vain attempt to multitask while a machine did chores. It worked out though. I napped while the washer washed, then let Jimmy John's take care of dinner after I moved the laundry :smiley:
    Ohhh. My MIL talks about not washing clothes while she’s gone because of fear about it breaking and flooding. So your comment made me wonder if many people do this and not just crazy her lol
  • @Jens_Hoes My Grandma is the same way about laundry ... she thinks she can’t leave the house. Which is mind baffling to me. She also only uses her dryer for sheets and towels. Lol!! I guess when you’re 81 and live alone what else do you do?! Hahaha!
  • @gorgeousariel It’s like the push you right to the edge of insanity and then start acting sweet!

@PensiveCrayon That is scary! 
  • @katy0990 exactly! Naps are good for both of our sanities. 
  • @PensiveCrayon I’m sorry for your friend who had her house burn down. They do make smart ovens. One of the ladies on my 1st bmb just got one. 
  • @echo-charlietango Oh yeah, my MIL always unplugs my toaster oven whenever she's over, which drives me batty. It's not my fault you don't know how to operate a toaster oven!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @echo-charlietango Have you seen any of the info about the breastmilk being impacted by the foods you eat? I found that fascinating, too.
  • @echo-charlietango That's a lot of pressure!  I'm trying to eat like I usually do so the baby will like the foods we normally eat.

+1 for lack of energy/wanting to be lazy.  I went for a swim this afternoon at my gym and then stopped by the library and grocery store.  By the time the grocery trip was over I was so tired/out of it and felt very low blood-sugary.  I just got home and had some oatmeal and am starting to feel normal again.  I had planned to do some work this afternoon and I really need to do it, but I'm tired.  Booo work. Yayyy naps!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    @morgantu I had a funny visual of a baby convulsing with closed fists saying “Mom why are you torturing me with this food!” - Hahaha!!