UO Thursday 9/20

It’s been a while.. 
Married: May 2012
DS1: May 2016
DS2: Jan 2019
Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

Re: UO Thursday 9/20

• Loading the player...
  • agreed @kaf1788. My DH also hates it when they have naked butts LOL. We both also agree that boudoir photo shoots are weird. My sister has a giant print of hers hanging in their bedroom... so everyone including their kids can see it. 

@ladystout08 to add on, I think the Beatles weren't that great. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• I have no desire to live in a tiny house. I tell myself that the people that do it go insane after 9-12 months and have to daily remind themselves not to kill their spouse. 
    I no joke have friends that built their own tiny house and live in it... with two dogs, and are getting ready to have a baby. They've lived there for two years. They're relatively small people, I tell myself that helps ;)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• U2 sucks. 
    My husband has such a serious hatred for U2 that he'll walk out of a store if it comes on. lol
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• NKOTB does NOT suck. That's my childhood! I legit went to their concert last year and it was AH-MAZING. Like honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been to. 

I heart Joey for-eeevvvveerrrrr

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee Oh, I'll have to shut it down before it gets to that point! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 It's so weird. I kept having to turn my head so he kissed my cheek and he would grab my face so I couldn't. Sweet but so not at the same time. He's much better now and doesn't try to kiss me on the lips anymore. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • @kns1988 ha, I felt the same way.. now DS runs at me with pursed lips, and who can turn that down? 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• ahhhhh, @sparkymcgeee my 5 year old legit JUST did this a week ago.  Totally freaked me out.  My DH thought it was funny and said it could be worse and at least it shows we love each other and aren't abusive parents.  WTF DH.... still weird and tell me again when he tries to slip you the tongue!!
  • kns1988 said:
    U2 sucks. 
    My husband has such a serious hatred for U2 that he'll walk out of a store if it comes on. lol
    I'm not quite that bad, then again I rarely pay attention to songs playing in the store. I will however turn the radio station. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don’t have any desire to live in a tiny house as we just moved from an apartment to a 1500 sq ft house. I feel like I almost have too much space now though, lol. I can see the tiny house if you spend most of your time outside or otherwise not at home and didn’t have hobbies. The thing I always ran into in smaller living spaces is where to keep things like tools, Christmas decorations, camping equipment, etc.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • UO... I think photo shoots in general are ridiculous. I have a camera - I'll snap some photos for free and look at them just as often.

The Beatles definitely suck! 
  • U2 sucks. 
    Quoting myself to add the Beastie Boys as well. And also NKOTB. 
    I enjoy the Beastie Boys in a dumb sort of way, but definitely know they are not 'good'. A hippie guy at one of my H's shows was talking about much better old school rap is, "like Tupac, Biggie, NWA, and Beastie Boys". I was like, ummmmm how are Beasie Boys remotely in the same league as those others? *facepalm*

@tosh24 I also hate watching those sports- in fact, I am a pan-hater of all sports. 

I do enjoy the Beatles quite a bit, but as musicians they are definitely not very good compared to other bands from the same era or today. They were interesting song writers though and culturally significant. I just have fond memories of their songs.

My band UO is that Imagine Dragons suck- SNS! 

• Cheeto puffs > Cheeto regular 
    Cheeto puffs > Doritos 
    Cheeto puffs > Doritos 
    I don’t like any Cheetos... 
    Cheeto puffs > Doritos 
    Flaming hot w/lime over everything. My mouth can literally be burning off and I will still eat a handful more. Such a healthy pregnancy craving :grimace:
  • I have never gotten the flu shot in my life and idk if I'll get one while pregnant. Growing up, my family has never gotten them and we very, very rarely ever come down with anything. I know there are additional risk factors with baby, so I'm looking into it but still haven't come to any conclusions. It seems like everyone on here is pro-flu shot, and honestly I never knew they were so popular lol. 

(Feel the need to note that I am NOT anti-vax. I will do all shots for baby girl on time w/when doctors deem them necessary. Literally the only one I have a hard time w/is the flu shot, because I've never gotten it.)
  • kianarain said:
    I have never gotten the flu shot in my life and idk if I'll get one while pregnant. Growing up, my family has never gotten them and we very, very rarely ever come down with anything. I know there are additional risk factors with baby, so I'm looking into it but still haven't come to any conclusions. It seems like everyone on here is pro-flu shot, and honestly I never knew they were so popular lol. 

(Feel the need to note that I am NOT anti-vax. I will do all shots for baby girl on time w/when doctors deem them necessary. Literally the only one I have a hard time w/is the flu shot, because I've never gotten it.)
    I never get the flu shot either but did when I was pregnant with my daughter and will this time as well. This year we will get DD and DH to get a flu s hot also

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emmaaa thanks for chiming in! I've been curious about others who don't usually get one. Are you going to ask family who will be close to baby to get one too? My sister is super anti-flu shot and will be nearing end of pregnancy around the time baby is born, so that's a slippery slope for me and I'm interested to hear more about your experience. 
  • I hate receiving hand me downs. I don't want stained and worn clothing for my kids and they're usually not my style. 
  • @kianarain I won't ask anyone to get one because honestly, I wouldn't want to be asked either. A lot of my family already gets one or is required to for work but I know my brother and dad probably won't. I just make sure they wash their hands before  holding babies and all that stuff. We didn't get the shot last year but did for DD. I'm not sure if we will have DD and DS get one the following year since they will both be older.

And I'm with you, I am very pro-vax but the flu vaccine seems a little different to me except when infants are involved. Maybe I need ot do more research?
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emmaaa very good points! All in all, my family has a pretty strong immune system so I think awareness of hand-washing and germ control should be fine. Research is so pro-flu shot, I've done quite a bit and it seems like there's not a ton of downsides especially when pregnant. (Or downsides come from anti-vaxxers who, in my opinion, are not a reliable source.) And I just hate the idea of leaving tiny baby susceptible with little to no immune system. That being said, it's weird to suddenly get a shot that has been unnecessary my entire life. 
  • I'm kind of in the middle for flu shot. I get them some years and other years I don't. I haven't always made my school age children get them. 
    BUT this year I'm definitely getting it for myself, my kids, and my husband. It's going to be a requirement in my house. I can't control everything that happens in the world but this is a winter baby when I have children in elementary school. My kids started school a month ago and they have already been sick. I won't risk this baby getting the flu when some of the risk can be mitigated by a simple shot. 

I won't ask family and friends to get it but I plan on keeping baby in as much as possible. People won't be meeting him for months probably. 

Meimsx no more
  • I've always gotten the flu shot, sometimes twice (yay military!) and so has DH/DS. DH already got his for the year and DS and I get ours next week. I'm a big believer in "well I tried but it didn't work" in basically everything from essential oils to vaccines. lol We will be asking anyone who will meet baby in the first month or two, to get vaccinated because I give exactly zero Fs. DS almost got whooping cough before he was old enough to be vaccinated but since everyone around us was, we likely kept it away so I'll always ask. My kid, my rules. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited September 2018
    We don't get flu shots but I am 100% pro-vaccines. DH, DD, DS, and I will all be getting a flu shot this year, though. After a scary two weeks in the ICU with a newborn who caught an upper respiratory infection at a Christmas gathering, I have ZERO desire to go through that again with something as scary as the flu. DS also now has asthma from the illness. Thank you for reminding me to book my shots!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @ladystout08 ooooh thank you for reminding me about Tdap! My younger half sister is in sixth grade and I don't think my parents are very strict about her vaccination schedule. I don't feel one bit guilty requiring that one before baby comes. 

@tosh24 ugh, so scary - I'm sorry you had to go through that. Reminds me of our group's rant about holiday shuffles and now I feel even more validated in avoiding all large gatherings when baby is brand new.

Torn about requiring flu shot w/half sister, step mom & dad because they're all in a school environment and, well, that's a damn cesspool of germs. But at least if I get a flu shot she will have a chance of fighting it. I think this convo officially made up my mind re: flu shot... 
  • The flu shot doesn’t cover every strain of the flu but we still get it. My Dad didn’t get the shot last year and then got really sick. DD and I already got our shots and DH will get his soon. Others that will be around baby frequently my parents, in laws, etc will also get it. Pro whooping cough vaccine too. My mom caught whooping cough once and she was extremely sick. Pro all the vaccines here!
  • Yep, we had a huge whooping cough outbreak here a couple of years ago and DS was exposed at his two week well check. We had everyone get their TDaP boosters because of the out break here and we'll ask them to find out if they need another one as well this time. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I’m also pretty strict about TDaP. My sister had whooping cough in middle school and she’s had asthma ever since.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had whooping cough in college! It's no joke even for an adult.
  • Pro-flu shot here as well. It sucks because they have to guess at which 4 strains might be problematic in any given year, and sometimes they aren't that good at guessing (like last year). But the flu is no joke.. there were several documented cases of flu related deaths in children and elderly in my city last year, and I believe LO cannot get his own flu shot until 6 months (and it will be middle of summer and unnecessary by then), so we will all get ours this year. 

My biggest pet peeve: people (like my mom) who call the yearly GI bug that lasts like 24-48 hrs "the flu". NO. you are talking about norovirus, likely. The flu is much much worse and can kill you. 
  • I’d ever gotten a flu shot in my life until I was pregnant with DS. I’ve gotten one every year since and plan to this year. I’d rather feel like I did everything I could.

The only annoying thing about the flu shot is that my husband seems to think it makes us all immune to everything. So when I’m neurotic about washing hands, etc, in the winter he’s totally whatever about it because “We got the flu shot.” I’m probably going to have to be all over him when baby comes. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pro flu shot here as well.  I used to be much more ambivalent, thinking that I'd had the flu before and it wasn't that bad. Turns out, I'd just had bad colds that I thought were the flu.  Then about five years ago, I got the real flu, and it was probably the sickest and most miserable that I've been in my entire life. I was fortunate to have been healthy before hand, but it was still scary and helped me understand how the flu can kill people.  I've been religious about getting the flu shot ever since.  I intend to get it as soon as possible this year, since  (1) my immune system is already weaker because of pregnancy, (2) most cold/flu meds are off limits, and even the relatively mild cold I had two months ago was miserable, and (3) it could help pass the immunity on to the baby after birth. 

I also fully intend to ask close family that will spend a lot of time around the baby to get the flu shot and TDAP booster (if they aren't already up to date on that one).  I don't anticipate any issues, but I'll put my foot down and restrict access to the baby during the height of flu season if anyone wants to be difficult about it.