April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 (due 4/22 - 4/30) w/o 9/17

It's a new week! Tell us your updates.  

When are you due?

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?

How are you feeling?

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Week 4 (due 4/22 - 4/30) w/o 9/17

• Options
    When are you due? LMP = 4/27 , US = 5/1

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?  Nothing until October

How are you feeling?  Nausea seems to be worse, not better.  Blah!

Any questions?  Nothing at the moment.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?  Eat candy...
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/28

How were your appointments last week? None last week
    Any coming up this week? I had my OB intake appointment today, which was just getting medical history as I am at a different practice than last baby. Also had blood drawn for labs, nothing exciting. First REAL appointment is 10/3. I also have to go in saturday to do a 1 hr glucose tolerance test, I guess early testing is a thing now if you have risk factors, like me, being overweight.

How are you feeling? Mostly good, still queasy if I don't eat often, and still tired mid-day. Starting to feel a little rounder, and boobs are starting to feel sore, but I'm also weaning my toddler, so, could be from that. 

Any questions? not yet

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Probably trick or treat on our block with our almost 2 year old, then go to be early LOL

Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When are you due? 4/23 (9weeks tomorrow!!!)

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Not until October :(

How are you feeling? Icky, beyond exhausted, bloated. Majorly hurt my back so I want to move even less now. 

Any questions? 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? I imagine we’ll take DD trick or treating but I have no costume ideas as of yet. I was contemplating getting one of the shirts with the skeleton chest and the skeleton baby and wearing it (as kind of an announcement, assuming we make it that long without everyone figuring it out). I would love it if I could find something for all of us to go as but I’m not sure. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When are you due?
    I now have an OFFICIAL EDD - 25 April :)

I just had my 8-week appointment yesterday. Dating US and made all my plans for genetic testing and lab work. I also had 8 (!) vials of blood taken for all of the first tri blood work. The mini was 19.9mm with a HB of 188 bpm <3
    Next appointment is my NT US on 16 October. 

How are you feeling?
    Still crappy, but not as bad as last week! I have serious evening sickness but just got a prescription for it, which seems to be helping.

Any questions?
    When will you guys tell extended family the news? I told our parents and siblings yesterday but still feel it's a little early to tell everyone else.

They don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa  :(
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    When are you due? April 30

How were your appointments last week? I just had some blood work down... And a ultrasound sound due to subchronic hematoma when has shrunk drastically!!( Thank God)  we were able to see baby and heart beat!!!!!! I received my early glucose drink.. First official appointment is at 11 weeks in October

An coming up this week? Nothing this week

How are you feeling? I'm feeling like I have heartburn and acid reflux all day!!!! Exhausted... No appetite..... Nausea comes and goes... Hot flashes... Cannot wait till 2nd trimester hits!

Any questions? Hubby and I are planning on going to the theme park for howloscream.... Is it a bad idea being that it's supposed to be a scary or should it be ok to go still??

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Taking my 3 year old trick or treating and maybe going to howloscream with my husband after... Not too sure yet.. but definitely getting dressed up!
  • Options
    When are you due? April 29th!

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I had my first appointment this past week and I had to switch doctors from my first baby which I was a little stressed about, but everything was great! We got to see an ultrasound and on Friday I was 7 weeks, 3 days and heard a heartbeat already. Definitely added some realness to this pregnancy -- we're waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone.

How are you feeling? Guys, I feel like garbage. My nausea lasts almost all day, I'm hella tired, my appetite is messed up and I need a nap, stat. 

Any questions? Would love to hear from STMs who had a C section about anything they didn't know about/anything that was different the second time around!

booksandicecream FYI with my first I told my parents and inlaws at around 8 weeks too! And then I waited until 12 for everyone else, and then 16 for work. 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? I'm Jewish and we don't celebrate Halloween, usually! 
  • Options
    Thanks for starting @tumblefluff
    Good luck on the glucose test, @Megz1902.  Those are awful.
    @thatbaintforbetty we are considering a dinosaur for Halloween, and I spotted an adult dino shirt with a baby dino in the belly that I might just have to get if we go that route.
    @booksandicecream I'm trying to decide when to start telling people as well.  We haven't even told our parents yet so we are behind you.  Last time we told close friends and extended family around 12 weeks, after getting positive NIPT results and then made it "public" around 15 weeks.
    @mommybee2019 scary won't hurt the baby, but I'd probably avoid most rides.
    @lolonvive I'm with you on feeling terrible.  Hang in there.

When are you due?  4/24 according to first dating ultrasound last week

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?  Appointment last week was fine.  I never really acclimate to the vaginal ultrasounds, but it was good to see the baby and its little heart beating and get a better idea of EDD.  Going back Friday to see more, hopefully solidify EDD, and make arrangements for NIPT.

How are you feeling?  SHITTY.

Any questions?  None at the moment.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?  Since my son is so young I'm not really sure how much we can do, but we'll probably dress him up and walk around the neighborhood a little.  We are torn between Cookie Monster and a dinosaur!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/26

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I have one today! It was supposed to be my first one, but I went in on 9/6 due to bleeding and blood clots. Everything was fine at that appointment, I was put on pelvic rest and I’ve been feeling pretty lazy since I’m not supposed to exercise or lift anything (can’t even go grocery shopping alone!). 

How are you feeling? Okay, have a little bit of morning sickness in the morning and early evenings. Soooo tried too. Can’t seem to get enough sleep! I also suffer from frequent headaches and migraines, so I’m working on figuring out how to manage them while pregnant. 

Any questions? This is my first pregnancy, so I feel like I don’t even know what I don’t know! Anyone have any good pregnant books to recommend? 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Probably just staying home passing out candy. Thinking about getting one of those skeleton shirts that shows a little skeleton baby since that will be just about when I’d be ready to announce! 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @lolonvive I think that's exactly what I've decided to do. I'm going to send the great-grandparents and cousins Halloween-themed announcement cards after my next US at 12 weeks. Undecided on when to make it "Facebook official".

@taryn68 Which book works for you will strongly depend on your personality, like are you the kind of person who wants to know every detail and every risk? I personally like to know EVERYTHING and love learning about the development. I have a book called "Everything about your Pregnancy, Day by Day". It has 280 pages (one for each day of pregnancy) filled with information which I really like. 

ETA This is the link to the American version:
    Pregnancy Day By Day https://www.amazon.com/dp/1465415904/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hBrOBbZJQZ80A
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    When are you due?
    4/28

No appointments until next week.

How are you feeling? Not bad, bloated and can't seem to get rid of my headache.

Any questions?  How much wood can a woodchuck chuck If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween

Just hand out candy. DD will be 17 months. Still to young for candy and I doubt she'd understand what's going on.
  • Options
    When are you due? LMP- 4/25, US- 4/20

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I had my first appointment last Friday and we got to see LO. Baby was waving back at us. I did find out that I have a cervical polyp that will need to be removed in the second trimester :( My next appt is 10/28 for NIPT. 

How are you feeling? Still mildly nauseous throughout the day, some slight pinching on occasion, so tired by mid-afternoon.

Any questions? Has anyone had a cervical polyp removed before? I'm a little nervous. 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Well, we went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal last weekend (before the crowds really hit) and we will probably have a scary movie marathon once October rolls around. On Halloween night, H and I will set up a little area in our driveway that is decorated so that we can hand out candy. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Options
    Due: 4/26

Appointment: yesterday, went well. They adjusted my edd up one day so now it’s on my birthday. I think I wouldn’t mind having a birthday baby. Was so reassuring to see the little peanut. 

Feeling: soooo sick when my stomach is empty. With DD I felt worse when I ate, so I lost weight. With this one I feel worse when my stomach is empty so I’ve gained a couple pounds. Yikes. I’m also exhausted and so apathetic about life I keep canceling plans. Can’t wait until that feeling goes away. 

Gtky: honestly probably nothing. DD is too young for candy and I don’t feel like buying an expensive costume just for photos at home. 
  • Options
    @mommybee2019 You'll be fine :) I just went to Halloween Horror Nights and if you can handle walking around a theme park for an extended period of time, you'll make it. I just didn't ride anything.

@thatbaintforbetty I was looking at those shirts too! I was thinking about announcing it to my students this way. Although I'm pretty sure it will go over A LOT of 13/14 year-old heads. lol.

@booksandicecream We already told close family members and friends. I plan on telling work and announcing it to everyone else at 12 weeks. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Options
    When are you due? May 4th (just had my first appointment and my due date was adjusted. But I'm not moving to May!)

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Got to see Beta for the first time today, measuring 7 weeks 3 days with HB of 155.

How are you feeling? tired and hungry

Any questions? nope

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? trick or treating with DD in our neighborhood and a brunch with some local mom friends.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Due August 22

Last appointment was last week, everything looked good. 
    next appointment is Oct 1 

Feeling tired. Eating weird. feel yucky afternoon-evenings. Excited. 

Told a a bunch of folks and that’s fun. I decided since the % of successful pregnancy only goes from 97.6-98% between now and week 12+ I might as well share. 

Anyone getting the blood test to find out sex? 

I can’t wait to know. Mostly because I want to tell our daughter if it’s a brother or sister. She thinks it’s a girl (pronounced goul) (she’s 2.75)

gtky- my daughter will be a butterfly because that’s the costume that we got in a hand me down bag. I am probably wearing a skeleton shirt with a baby skeleton in my womb. :) 
  • Options
    @kbirchtree my DD said randomly yesterday that I have a baby in my belly and that it’s a girl. We haven’t actually told her yet but I cannot wait to see if she’s right about the sex. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/29

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Had an u/s today- things look good and measuring on time, with a strong HB at 170. Initial appointment with the OB on 10/1

How are you feeling? Tired, a little anxious. Been pretty nauseous in the mornings, that hasn’t been fun. At least I haven’t puked on a crowded train!

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Hand out candy. I might set up a hot apple cider ‘cauldron’ for the neighborhood and dress like a witch!
  • Options
    kristenhkkristenhk member
    edited September 2018
    When are you due?  LMP: 4/26. U/S: 4/29

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?  First apt with OB today @ 8w4d - quick u/s looked good she said.  Got to see the heartbeat  :) Next apt Oct 9. 

How are you feeling? Great in the morning, terrible by 2pm-bed.  Can't hold even water down in the evenings. 

Any questions?  Has anyone had success with Diclectin?  Did you find it made you more fatigued?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Probably not much.  We live on a farm and only had 2 trick or treaters last year  :p
  • Options

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Okay. None until next week.

How are you feeling? Tured, hungry/nothungry, naseous. Yesterday was a day I felt normal and that was awesome

Any questions? 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Hopefully announce! 
  • Options
    When are you due? April 22nd

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? No appointments this past week. My next one is 10/2. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Nausea on and off, sore boobs, and tired. I had a burst of energy all day yesterday which made me hope everything is ok. 

Any questions? Anyone else get nervous when their symptoms come and go?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? My husband and I will be taking our 3 year old son trick or treating. 
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/29

Had our first appt on Monday at 8w0d. Saw an ultrasound of baby for first time, and heard heartbeat (175!) which was all super exciting and surreal. First time mom-to-be so everything is so new! *squeal*

How are you feeling?
    Pretty over this whole all-day-nausea and exhaustion thing. Nausea from not eating and then nausea after eating, ugh. And food has lost so much of its usual yummy appeal. Also, it’s hard to drag my ass to work, and then be productive!

Any questions?
    I got some Bonjesta (diclegis) from my doc which helps with nausea but now I feel drowsy and drugged all day, probably from the antihistamine. Undecided as to which is worse. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I’m a little sad that the bump won’t be bigger by Halloween to be able to be an avocado or something that makes use of a prominent bump. But hey I’m not complaining. We’ll probably dress up and hand out candy to the bajillion adorable neighborhood kids! It’s like a baby factory over here!
  • Options
    @kristenhk i’ve taken a drug called Bonjesta which is a branded form of diclegis for two days and i definitely feel drowsy for most of the day. I feel like i’m walking around in a fog. Diclegis and what you’re taking sound similar (B6 + antihistamine). Did you start taking it? What has your experience been?
  • Options
    @vivasu33. Yup you're right, that was the other name of the pamphlet they gave me.  The dr had me off work for a week cause of some bleeding problems so I've just been toughing out the throwing up at home but it's getting to be 10-15x/day... not sure what the 'normal' amount of morning sickness is since this is our first haha . Started back at work today and was too nervous to try taking it.  I work in the hospital and was worried about being groggy all day  :/.  I'll try it on the weekend instead if you find it really does make you groggy!   I know antihistamines normally knock me right out haha.
  • Options

How were your appointments last week? Tuesday I had an 8wk scan at fertility center. Got released back to my OB, baby’s HR was 169. Was wonderful to see again.
    Any coming up this week? Nothing this week. OB appt October 2. 

How are you feeling? Tired mostly, my gut has a mind of its own. SUPER gassy lol. 

Any questions? Anyone else getting a lot of stretching/pulling/burning pain? I don’t remember it being this much during my first...

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We will go to the “zooboo” and go through our neighborhood. DS (5) really doesn’t eat candy, so it’s pretty wasteful. 
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @keliser I have a lot of stretching, burning and zings of ligament pain. This didn’t start so soon last time. :/
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/29

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? I won't have one until the first week of October which is super annoying!

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  I've been making a conscious effort to eat well, so that's helping

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? I think I'm going to be the "oh yeah" koolaid man busting through a wall

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kristenhk yea I am usually knocked out for at least 18 hours from taking benadryl in the past, so I’ve usually taken half. After my third night of taking the Bonjesta (which I also learned is a more extended release form of Diclegis) I feel a little less groggy. And I’ve had a little more energy because it’s helped me sleep better through the night. But, there’s def still grogginess and the concerted efforts to make sure I’m as awake as possible while driving to work. I’m still on the fence about sticking with it. Lmk how it goes if/when you try it over the wknd!
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/25

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Just had more blood work done to make sure my HCG levels were rising since I have low progesterone. The nurse said everything looked great, so I don't have another appointment with the midwife till Oct 2nd. Hoping to hear the heartbeat then! 

How are you feeling? EXHAUSTED!!! When I'm not working, I'm sleeping. Also bloated, slightly nauseous, and my back kills me after working on my feet all day. 

Any questions? Not at the moment. 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Probably work, lol. I don't have any other kids and there aren't many Trick or Treaters in my neighborhood, so I usually let my employees who have kids or grandkids have the night off. 
  • Options
    When are you due?
       April 26th by LMP. April 30th by US. 

Had my first appointment Monday. It went great. Next appointment is the NT and that’s on Oct 10. 

How are you feeling?
       Okay sometimes. Shitty other times. On zofran so that helps. Working way too much. Back hurts, feet hurt. Not eating healthy because I don’t feel like preparing meals. 

Any questions?
       Needing some advice. I feel kind of foolish but I’ve told quite a bit of people already. I’m a very open person and would probably tell people if something happened. I haven’t blasted it but friends know. I also work in Labor and Delivey so I feel like people at work understand. Like I’m at the point where I don’t care if people know. What do y’all think?

Probably working. If not, nothing. 
  • Options
    @vivasu33 sorry for the delay!  I never ended up trying the prescription.  The day after we were talking about it on here the nausea actually became more bearable and so far has just been on and off since, not consistent.  Hope you're feeling well!