April 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-In Week of 09/19

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: Are you a morning or night person?

Re: PGAL Check-In Week of 09/19

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 10 weeks - a strawberry.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically, meh.  Always tired.  I was really nauseous for a while, but that recently turned to really hungry.  Mentally, okay.  I had the stomach flu last week and I've had a dull worry that it could have harmed the baby.  My symptoms are high and my bump is popping, so I'm trying to tell myself everything's okay.  I bought a home doppler when I was pregnant with my daughter and I'm thinking of busting it out tonight... even though I know it's early and I could wind up scaring myself more than necessary.

3. Any appointment updates? No new appointments until Columbus Day.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I know this is a version of something I've said before, but because this baby was unplanned but is on his or her way, I have this sense of security I never had in a previous pregnancy - like everything will definitely be okay.  It makes me more eager to tell people and spread our good news.  But then I've read so much lately about people who've had losses - late losses.  It breaks my heart for them and reminds me that anything can happen at every time.  I don't want to be guilty of hubris here.  I don't fully know the point of what I'm trying to say - it's just on my mind.

5. GTKY: Are you a morning or night person?  I am a full-on morning person.  If I could be in bed at 7 every night, I easily would.  I get so much done in the morning and am basically a tired waste at night (pregnant or not!).
  • @ashtuesday don't do it! Not yet!1.

How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 10 tomorrow. Looks like it'll be a strawberry.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally I'm doing much better. Physically I'm exhausted and feel like shit in the late afternoon and evening.

3. Any appointment updates? Doppler check on 10/4. They told me I could swing in if I get concerned though, so that's nice to know.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Honestly, I'm just counting down the weeks until 2nd trimester is here. I'm tired and need my energy back.

5. GTKY: Are you a morning or night person? If I get good sleep the night before, I'm good to go in the morning. When I was in college, I would write all my papers late at night because that's when I got my energy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrstmoose ...I did it. 😆 Not sure how to say it went - I found what may have been the baby's heartbeat (it was significantly faster than mine), but it was kind of muffled - not at all the easy to find, definitive heartbeat I heard using the doppler for my daughter - but then again, I didn't even try it with her until 16 weeks!  I know it was too early to use and didn't tell me anything real. But trying to find the heartbeat made me feel really connected to this LO - I haven't spent enough time focusing solely on him or her!
  • 1. 8+1. Baby grape!

2. Physically, super tired and not interested in any food that isn't buffalo chicken or fruit. Mentally, still fighting an uphill battle. But it's just 2 weeks until DD starts her morning program and I can get back to some adult interaction. :)

3. OB called back this AM and my progesterone is at 11.5, so they're doubling my supplements. (The internet tells me that 9 can be normal, but 12 is the low end of average; they say "below 6-10" is unviable.) Sigh. Just trying to hold on till my next app't in 2 weeks, and telling myself that 2 MMC in a row is really unlikely. 

4. I'm scared to double my meds. My current dose has me feeling more down than I ever have in my life. I just hope they let me off at week 10. :( 

5. Morning! I love the quiet and it's when my mind is clearest. @mrstmoose , I get up super early to wrote everything, but I was always jealous of the late-night people because it seemed so glamorous to have some kind of inspo at midnight and sail on into the wee hours! 

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    10 weeks, a strawberry

Mentally fine but I feel super disconnected from this pregnancy. I think at first I was guarding myself in case there was a loss but now I'm struggling to feel anything about it.

Physically better, nausea is less often but still feeling queasy at times

I had an appt a week ago and it was great to see the baby but Dr didn't let me hear the heartbeat and didn't give me any pictures which annoyed me

The main reason I want to announce my pregnancy alreadyalr so that I can wear maternity pants already at work. My job requires a specific uniform so it will be obvious when I make the switch. My regular pants are so damn tight already I can't take it much longer

Early in life I was a morning person but years of night shifts made me more a night person now. I'm trying to get used to going to bed early again but it's my only child free time so it's hard to give up
  • Oops! Accidentally posted in previous week- reposting here: 

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    10 weeks on the dot! 

So, since the begining I've never had horrible morning sickness- definitely waives of nausea and food aversions, but never actually thrown up, definitely tired and suuuuper sore boobs. Yesterday and today I've been feeling quite good, which is actually stressing me out! I googled some unhelpful stuff and my stress brain just took over from there. I had an ultrasound at 7w and baby was right on track, strong hb- so I just keep trying to think positive.

I have a prenatal apt Monday (Dr said it's not an ultrasound so not exactly sure what it's for....) And then NT ultrasound 10/9

Not really....any reassurance or experience with mild symptoms would be helpful

5.GTKY: Are you a morning person or night person?
    Morning for sure! 
    My nickname has been grandma since I was in my early 20's cuz I go to bed so early! Lol
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow with a lime sized baby.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I'm still exhausted. My nausea is starting to lessen. Mentally, I'm a nervous wreck bc my last pregnancy ended at 10w, so I've been stressing myself out about that this week. 

3. Any appointment updates? Oct 2...a little over a week until my first appointment and it can't come soon enough.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? @sunny_native14 I started feeling better right around 10w too, though still exhausted. Nearing the end of first tri & it's totally normal!

5. GTKY: Are you a morning or night person? Right now--- NEITHER. Usually more of a morning person, though.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?  12w4d 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? well. I've had a hematoma since the beginning and have been on and off bed rest. i thought things were better and had a group of ladies over to my house and then had a huge gush of bright red blood. husband came home to take me to the doctor-baby was okay but i probably reopened the wound.  this pregnancy has been a crazy rollercoaster. My other 3 stopped growing around 8.5 weeks so i'm celebrating being past that milestone.

3. Any appointment updates?  next one is next tuesday

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?  i can't get the foods i'm craving overseas.  I want a Taco Bell gordita and they don't exist here. And I need some Bluebell ice cream. ahhh.

5. GTKY: Are you a morning or night person? night. mornings would be better if i had caffeine
    Anniversary
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 9W2D, an olive (ew haha)

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? physically and mentally i am feeling so much better!  less tired but so hungry all the time (ugh).  It feels good to get this far and have seen my baby a few times.

Had an US last week and the week before - both of which showed my baby right on track with a strong heartbeat.  The best feeling in the world!  The second sac ended up being empty and has kind of faded away.  I am OK with this and very happy to have my 1 healthy bean.  I will see my RE again this week for another US and the Panorama panel.  Then I graduate to my normal OBGYN!

I wish I could stop eating.  My stomach is just so unsettled.  Last pregnancy i didn't gain a single pound in the first 20 weeks - and with this one i've alredy gained 5.  UGH.

I am LIT in the morning.  My energy and productivity tanks after 3 pm - preg or not!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Question: Anyone else still taking progesterone suppositories?  Are they causing increased appetite for you?  I am wondering if prog is my problem...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited September 2018
    @sheslikeasunburn I'm still taking progesterone. I eat well for breakfast and lunch and between 3-4, I hit a wall and become exhausted and so nauseous. 

eta: I don't eat much in the evening but I try to have a few bites of what I make for my family. I've lost about 6 pounds total so far.
  • @mrstmoose I am similar - but i haven't lost weight.  I eat a big (and moderately healthy) breakfast and lunch, and then have a small appetite for dinner, and no appetite after 7.  I am probably eating too many carbs, but that's the only thing that feels good right now.  
    Pregnancy Ticker