Baby Names

Which boy's name do you like best?

I'm about 8 months pregnant and we FINALLY are getting close to having a name, because my hubby agreed to use my favorite name as the middle name. I feel lukewarm about all the first name options, though, so I thought I'd get input from you folks. Last name sounds like but isn't Lowensteen.

I'll also say we were hoping to avoid popular names, but we've had such a hard time agreeing on anything that we've had to let that go. I'll take a top ten name if it means a marriage without life long resentment because one of us had to go with a name we hated.

TIA!
***TW***
DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

Which boy's name do you like best? 83 votes

Owen Reed Lowensteen
33% 28 votes
Dylan Reed Lowensteen
18% 15 votes
Oliver Reed Lowensteen
43% 36 votes
Something else/just want to see results
4% 4 votes

Re: Which boy's name do you like best?

• I voted for Owen Reed. It sounds fine, but I do feel a multi syllable middle name might flow better. I don't think any of your first name choices are super popular really- I have taught preschool for almost 10 years and only know a total of 3 Owen's, 2 Dylan's and have only seen Oliver in a couple birth announcements. Its hard not being in "love" any of the names on your list, but maybe once the name is attached to your sweet baby you'll feel better :-) Good luck!
  • I just want to point out that most of the time the middle name isn’t used and Owen Lowensteen rhymes. I like the name Owen, but not if it makes your son sound like a cartoon character.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • meggyme said:
    I just want to point out that most of the time the middle name isn’t used and Owen Lowensteen rhymes. I like the name Owen, but not if it makes your son sound like a cartoon character.
    It's a different consonant, so it's not Owen Lowensteen. It's more like Owen Lodensteen. Some people still wouldn't like that, so it's an important consideration.
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Oliver is not as popular in some parts. It doesn’t even come close to top 10 in my state. It was our boy name choice and I absolutely loved it, but we had a girl this time. I say go with that one if you’re looking for least popular right now. 
  • I love Oliver. It doesn’t flow great with Reed because of the R’s but who cares since the middle won’t be used most of the tine
  • I prefer Owen :) Oliver is pretty popular and Dylan makes me think of latchkey skateboarder kid with long brown hair that always hang over his eyes, haha! 
    Me: 28  DH:30
    Together since: May 2005
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1 with IVF & PDG/S (reduce the chance of our child being born with Nager Syndrome)

• I love both Oliver and Owen, but with the long O sound in your last name I would choose Oliver to avoid the rhyming or sing-songy sound.
  • I voted Dylan but also like Owen. Oliver Lowensteen is a bit of a mouthful, IMO.
  • Oliver
    adding
    Oscar
    Felix
    Maxwell
    Conrad
    Michael
    Marcus