April 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in W/O 9/18

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: STM+ Check-in W/O 9/18

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? - 10w 2d - babes are strawberries and LEGO guys

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Hand foot and mouth has struck. So he's currently going through my old Disney VHS tapes while I WFH. Right now he's watching Fantasia but we'll see how long this one lasts.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? When will he understand to stop jumping on my friggin torso?

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? I love reading Don't Push the Button, Dragons Love Tacos, and Bug on a Bike. My least favorite is this damn dragon book we got at Half Price books which is like a freaking dragon text book. It takes forever to read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MRDCle -  we have Don't Push the Button too and DD LOVES it!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 9+3 - Per TB, cherry. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DD, she's 2.

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good, she went through another word leap so now she doesn't stop talking. She's been bath striking so baths are currently her standing up screaming bloody murder. She also has been holding her pee overnight so we know we need to potty train but she straight up refuses to go on the toilet. Any ideas? She turned 2 in May so she's close to 2.5.....

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Just tired of feeling like shit in the afternoon/evenings. I'm glad babe is doing good though.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? I love reading almost every book to DD, especially Christmas books, Goodnight Moon, and anything about animals. If I had to pick a book that I disliked, it's the ones from when she was little where she could push the buttons and they make the animal sound. I dislike them only because I read them 5,298,203 times and I got tired of it!
  • Options
    Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited September 2018
    @MRDCle my husband LOVES Dragons Love Tacos.  Do you have the sequel?  We were underwhelmed by it.
    @mrstmoose since she is standing and screaming, would she accept a shower (and do you think she is steady enough on her feet for it)?  Will she articulate why she doesn't want to take a bath?  I remember being very little and not wanting baths because adults take showers, so they just gave me showers, but I may have been a little older than 2.5 - I'm not sure.

How far along are you? How big is baby?  8w6d (I think), piece of popcorn

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One 9 month old son

How are your other kids doing this week? Had a whinier than usual few days thanks to a vaccine on Friday, but we're all better now.  Thinking I'm going to need to night wean him soon but I'm a little concerned he's eating more at night because my breast milk supply has dropped with this pregnancy, so I don't want to starve him.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  The usual rant...I am stressed and tired and nauseous.  Rave is that with so much going on time seems to be going a bit faster and I might actually make it out of the first trimester alive.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite?  Our house favorite is Oh Baby the Places You'll Go, and my least favorite is probably I'll Love You Forever, because honestly that book is weird and creepy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrstmoose right after DS third birthday we did the three day method. Just me, him, 35 pairs of undies, and a fat bag of Skittles. Poop took about a month but he was basically pee-trained within like...7 days.  Very few accidents after the first 2-3 days.
  • Options
    @mrstmoose We are in the same boat with our 2.5 year olds. We have to force DS into a bath or shower and he screams the whole time. Then when we let him out he runs back in and refuses to get out. I really want to potty train him but I have no energy. We tried a couple months ago but he’d just pee in the baskets under the tv or scream for a diaper 

11 weeks, baby is a lime 

DD 5, DS 2.5

DD is doing great with school, soccer, and dance. She scored a goal in first soccer game on Saturday!!
    DS is a TERRIBLE TWO year old. Half of it I think is him trying to assert his independence and the other half is his reflux issues. Insurance won’t approve his meds because they’re OTC, but his dosage is not available OTC. So it has been a huge headache and my poor guy is so miserable at night and burping 24/7

See above lol

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite?
    Short books lol. DD likes my old magic school bus books and they’re so long. DS has a tractor book we like to read
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 10w1d... Strawberry I think? But that might have been last week.

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1dd, 5 y/o

How are your other kids doing this week? She's doing well. We told her this week and she basically ignored us so far when it comes to the baby, haha.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? IM TIRED OF BEING SO DAMN TIRED.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? I like Backyard Fairies by Phoebe Wahl. My daughter is super into nonfiction about animals, and I HATE reading them. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @piccola1988 I have NOT read the sequel, but I was on the look out for it at the library. Now I know it's not worth it!
  • Options
    @MRDCle, kids are awesome.  My son's nickname for the baby is Roller Coaster.  Fitting, with how it's making me feel 24/7!

@mrstmoose, we also did the three day pantsless method, but it also helped that it was in April so we could be outside for a good portion of it.  He was definitely ready for it too, showing interest in the potty and we made a big deal about picking out big boy undies.

@Piccola1988, agreed on the creepy factor of I'll love you forever.  Some baby books are just a little over the top.

@blueberrymomma, sorry to hear about the reflux issues!  As far as the Magic School Bus books go, is your daughter old enough to catch on if you skip the extra speech bubble dialogue? That's my trick for getting through them a little faster with my son :lol:.

10 weeks, 6 days.  Uhh... almost the size if a lime, according to Dr. Google.

One 4yo son.

He woke up with a 102 fever this morning but no other symptoms (besides lack of appetite).  I'm hoping it passes quickly, because I hate seeing him sick (plus I can't handle anything more this week, including getting sick myself...).

My rant this week is rather silly, but I can't for the life of me find my old baby dolls in my parents house.  I wanted to give DS one of my old ones for sentimental value and to help him learn to be a big brother.  Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to give up and buy one....

The graphic novel version of The Hobbit.  We read it in parts, and lately I've been reading the original aloud to him while he looks at the pictures in the graphic novel.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    12 weeks today. Baby is the size of a plum.

DS is six and DD is three.

We had one of those magical nights last night that I wish could come more often. The kids played together, never fought, and entertained themselves while I cleaned out our garden bed. DS then recommended we surprise DH by cleaning up their playroom. It was a welcomed change!

I just had my NT scan today  at MFM and to my surprise, they pulled my blood for the harmony test. My OB told me I had to wait until 13 weeks because of my BMI but MFM said that was ridiculous. So... I'm very very happy to know about this baby's risk of T13, 18 and 21 sooner than I anticipated. I should know something by next week! :)

Oh gosh this is hard. We, too, are big fans of Dragons love Tacos. I also love this really random Christmas book, The Night Before The Night Before Christmas; it's about how everything goes wrong for a family right before the holiday. DD loves the "Chu" book series, so those are always a fun read for her.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options

8+ size of an acorn.

1. 16 month DD

Pretty freaking crappy. Daughter has a fever. Again.

I'm seriously considering quitting my job. I started the beginning of July and she's been sick ever since because of daycare. We go see the ENT doctor tomorrow to schedule getting tubes in her ears.

My daughter could care less about books other than carrying them around. We start reading and she just grabs it and walks off.
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 11+1  The size of a Timbit!  Or donut hole...

How many kids do you already have? Ages? Twin girls, 3 1/2

How are your other kids doing this week?  Good!  Happy little clams.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  Feeling good, just tired as usual.  I have such a strong urge to clean my messy house but no energy to do it.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite?  Right now they're obsessed with The Old Lady that Swallowed a Fly.  It was my book when I was little.  They think it's hilarious.  I'm hating one book about some cat.  It's a huge book because there's like 8 different stories in it but it is so simply written and awkward.  I don't know why I just hate reading from that book. 

@mrdcle My kids jump all over me too!  They've gotten a lot better since I use the baby as an excuse all the time, but they know the perfect spot to jab an elbow or a foot!
    @mrstmoose We're still potty training.  It is just dragging but I think it's because they do pull ups at dayhome and why stop playing when you're essentially in a diaper?  I think we're going to do real panties this weekend and try to break through.
    @Piccola1988 I love I'll Love You Forever!!  I understand how breaking and entering into your grown child's house is creepy...but I love it.
    @blueberrymomma I'm sad for your DS.  Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
    @kangstadt I'm not trying to jinx you...on of mine had a high fever for almost 5 days.  No other symptoms but lack of appetite.  I felt terrible for her.  She eventually got over it and it's like nothing happened but those few days were rough.  I really hope that doesn't happen for you guys!
    @BarefootContessa I love those magical moments.  What sweet children!
    @kateriee I think I was almost just fired at work!  I'm still on probation (for one more week) and I've had to take off so much time for my kids being sick and extra appointments.  They were not happy and I was sure I was getting the boot!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mermaidca, I hope not too.  He's acting mostly normal now that I gave him some Tylenol.  Also, now I want doughnut holes in the worst way...

Is that why fetuses are always given food comparisons, because pregnant women can't stop thinking about food?  (Either hating it or craving it, haha.) :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hahah @kangstadt I love the food comparisons!!  Except when you're further along and they compare baby to a banana or cucumber.  They mean just the length obviously, but it's such an odd visual.
  • Options
    That is such a good point about the food comparisons.  I spend most days too nauseous to actually want food but talking about it incessantly.  Every time I get in the car with H he must pray for me to STFU because I sit there and point out every restaurant we pass like I haven't had a meal in a month.  Also, yes, the later comparisons are garbage and they annoy me.  I remember being oddly irritated at how many different kids of squash there were, and that they used lettuce AND romaine lettuce weeks apart and with the same picture.  Obvi only the important stuff bugs me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    12 weeks even - a plum!

DD is 16 months

Good. She mainly just wants all the food and all the attention.

Why am I getting so many spam phone calls today?
    rant: the dentist’s office that cancels on you if you don’t confirm. What? Why? You made me miss storytime this morning with DD because you wouldn’t take me when I showed up yesterday on time for my appointment.
    rave: I am loving how DH is getting us good take out right now, even though it’s blowing through our budget and I’m hungry again because that delicious salad was not very filling. 

Most board books I find boring, but I’m enjoying reading Robinson Crusoe out loud!
  • Options
    @mermaidca @Piccola1988 @kangstadt I get annoyed early on too - fruits vary a lot in size, and they’ll compare the same day to, say, a cherry and an iPhone home button. I think they sometimes compare to weight, sometimes to head-to-butt length, and sometime to head-to-toe length. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 I keep board books on two shelves. They're our "short book" shelves and when DS wants JUST ONE MORE BOOK MAMA but mama ain't feelin' it he can go grab one of those short shelf books. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 yeah idk where they buy their produce but we have some giant cherries compared to what they were quoting.
  • Options
    @MRDCle haha. I have to get things reorganized around here to make that happen!
  • Options
    @kangstadt oh I definitly skip all the extra speech bubbles! If she’s super tired I can skip pages too lol I’m so bad

So sorry to read several of you ladies have sick kiddos at home. That’s no fun. I hope they all feel better soon and don’t pass it along to anyone else!
  • Options
    @blueberrymama DS knows most of his books so well I can't skip pages any more ha.
  • Options
    @MRDCle my DD also jumps on my stomach, she thinks it's a fun game, also climbs on me like a jungle gym. Found out yesterday that it's DH's fault since that's how he plays with her

@mrstmoose we did the 3 day method potty training over labor day weekend and it worked wonders, she goes all day in big girl underwear and I think the worst day we've had has been 1-2 accidents when she forgets due to playing. It was a hard weekend but worth it in the end.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 11+weeks baby is as big as a poker chip

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1DD and she just turned 2

How are your other kids doing this week? She's doing ok, she got to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday and I don't know really know if she understood or not but it was a sweet moment. Still going through issues at bedtime though.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? The bedtime thing, she screams and fights sleep then when she quiets down and we think she's sleeping (we don't really do cry it out we stay in her room for a few minutes until she looks like she's drifting off after a battle of wills) she ends up outside her doorway facedown on the hallway carpet passed out. We move her to her bed but I don't understand why she won't just stay there.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? Favorite book has been "The Night You Were Born" and least favorite has to be "Monday Spaghetti." She hasn't picked that one in awhile because we hid it on her. Her favorites to read are " Momma, I Can't Sleep" and Clifford. I don't mind either of those but they aren't my first choices.

• Options
    @angelob88 haha to Momma I Can’t Sleep being chosen by the girl who ends up passed out in the hallway
  • Options
    Does anyone else's kid smash their boobs too? He'll use his elbow to sit up and somehow its always smack dab in the middle of my boob and holy cow does it hurt right now.
  • Options
    @mrdcle yes!!!  Mine have some sort of sixth sense and will hit the exact same spot every time.
  • Options
    @MRDCle Ugh, yes. I'm constantly getting an elbow in the boob and it hurts like hell.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @MRDCle omg the elbow in the boob is the worst! They seem to do it more when my boobs are extra sore
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:
    @MRDCle -  we have Don't Push the Button too and DD LOVES it!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 9+3 - Per TB, cherry. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DD, she's 2.

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good, she went through another word leap so now she doesn't stop talking. She's been bath striking so baths are currently her standing up screaming bloody murder. She also has been holding her pee overnight so we know we need to potty train but she straight up refuses to go on the toilet. Any ideas? She turned 2 in May so she's close to 2.5.....

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Just tired of feeling like shit in the afternoon/evenings. I'm glad babe is doing good though.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? I love reading almost every book to DD, especially Christmas books, Goodnight Moon, and anything about animals. If I had to pick a book that I disliked, it's the ones from when she was little where she could push the buttons and they make the animal sound. I dislike them only because I read them 5,298,203 times and I got tired of it!
    OMG my youngest, who also turned two in May, is also on a bath strike! It's AWFUL! Same, baths just he standing up screaming bloody murder. It's SO frustrating.  I bath her once a week. That's it!!

We are very casually introducing potty training. Her diaper is usually dry in the morning and during the day she does like to get on the potty, but if I let her run around sans diaper she will without a doubt pee on the floor.

I'm going to wait a few more months before I really push the potty training though. My almost 4 year old (god that is scary to say!!) basically potty trained herself a little past three. I think it was so easy for her because I waited till she could really communicate and grasp the concept (although I do have friends with kids her age that still have difficulties, so it's really just an individual kid thing!). I am really hoping potty training this one goes just as smoothly, although I feel like since the first time was so easy this will be such a shit show!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 12 weeks today! Size of a plum!

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 year old and 3 year old girls.

How are your other kids doing this week? Good! They've both been fairly well behaved (knock on wood) and have had great days at daycare/ preschool lately. My oldest cried every single day at drop off until a few months ago, and even now cries about half the mornings. Two mornings in a row of no tears though! Whoop!

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Uhhhh my boobs hurt! They definitely look bigger and are SO sore. That never happened to me in either pregnancy before.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? Currently we read a lot of little critter to the oldest and Nancy Tilman books to the youngest (On the Night You Were Born author). My mom brought my old Felicity American Girl books over the other week, so I'm hoping to start those with the oldest soon and graduate the youngest to little critter.
  • Options
    10w1d, strawberry

5yo DD, 2yo DS

Great! My sister was visiting so we had a lot of fun showing her our new city.

I am so tired when I get home from work the last thing I want to do is cook or clean. Luckily my husband has stepped in but I'd really like to go back to a stable after work/school routine with family meals (and stop spending so much on takeout!!), but have zero motivation or energy.

Faves: Rosie Revere Engineer, Ada Twist Scientist, Iggy Peck Architect, Mother Bruce
    Least faves: We have some retro Care Bear books from the 80s that have a ton of words (take forever to read) and don't really teach the best lessons :/
  • Options
    8+5 (raspberry)

1 DS who will be 2 in Nov

He's got a cold, but doesn't seem too miserable, just coughing a lot. His daycare also just let me know that they're planning to transition him to the next room up in the next few weeks, so I'm nervous about that change for him. He's very attached to his stuffed fish, and I'm worried they won't want him to constantly be using it as a security item once he moves up.

I finally got my dating ultrasound today! Which unfortunately moved my due date back 4 days, which means I probably have longer of feeling like crap, but I'm still very excited I got to see LO this morning!
    But I was also too excited/distracted to remember to ask about NIPT, so I'm hoping they call me back about that soon!

I like short books, lol, because no matter whether it's a 10 page or 60 page book, he wants it read multiple times, so shorter is better. We've been liking the Are You There, Baby Elephant? and Are You There, Baby Fox? books lately, they're brightly colored with cutouts on each page, very cute. Least favorite is anything without any sort of storyline, like anything where you just count things on a page or identify objects, so boring!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mels823 I'm so glad I'm not the only one. This phase royally sucks. 

@MRDCle no matter what, DD always finds a tender spot to put her elbow, or run into me, or something!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 10 weeks today - strawberry!

How many kids do you already have? Ages? N (DD) - 7 months old

How are your other kids doing this week? N's doing well!  She seems to have a cold, but she's rolling with the punches.  We just found out today that her day care is doing school photos on Monday... I am eagerly pulling together the most ridiculous outfit I can find, and I'm going to surprise my mom with prints!

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  None really.  I feel bad for having been MIA.  I keep up reading posts on my phone every day, but I only actually type when I have time to sit down at the computer, and that's few and far between these days.

What's your favorite book to read to your current kids? What is your least favorite? I love "Blueberry Girl" - it tears me up all the time.  N's still little, so I don't have to read anything I don't want to!

@BarefootContessa Yay for having your NT and NIPT done!  Keep us posted on results - are you finding out the sex?

And lol at everyone with the fruit comparisons.  When I was pregnant with N, I would pick up whatever fruit at the grocery store to show my husband and say "See!  She is this big this week!"  And there were many weeks the progression made 0 sense.
  • Options
    @ashtuesday Yes it went well. I'm excited to hear the results of the NIPT next week. We will be finding out the sex.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks 2 days—lime.

DS—14 next month
    DD—12 next month
    DS—8
    #4–another little boy 

Good. They are very busy with football, cross country, and field hockey, but we’re thrilled to find out the sex yesterday. 

Helicopter parents. 

Currently reading aloud Harry Potter with my yongest.