May 2019 Moms

AMA Check In, 9/19

Good morning!
I hope it is OK that I start the AMA check in this week, this is for moms/moms to be that are 35 and up!

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?:

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:

Any specific AMA concerns?:

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?

Re: AMA Check In, 9/19

• Due date/W+D: 5/15   6 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): a popping firecracker 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM

Any appointments? Questions?: ultrasound on Monday to make sure developing.  We did an FET so we are being monitored closely. 

Rants/Raves?: none right now 

How are you feeling?: okay- nervous and tired 

Any specific AMA concerns?:  none at this time

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? The weather 
  • Due date/W+D:  5/10/6+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Main blueberry

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: TTM (2nd time as AMA)

Any appointments? Questions?:  Not till I am 10 weeks along, waiting is tough!

Rants/Raves?:  So much nausea

How are you feeling?: Again, so much nausea

Any specific AMA concerns?:  When I was pregnant with my 2nd, and AMA, one of the OBs at my practice noted that while it is great to get all the extra testing, he sees fewer problems with AMA mom pregnancies than with young pregnancies, because we generally know how to take care of ourselves and our growing babies, so that has always made me feel better.  However I can often feel how old I am, with all the aches and pains.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?:  The cooler weather, and fall clothes!

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: 5/27 4+2

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Any appointments? Questions?:Second beta draw today! First one looked perfect so I’m hoping for some doubling. DH is traveling the week I’m 7 weeks, so I’m goung to do an u/s when I’m 6 weeks- of course my Dr doesn’t have appts the day I WFH and her only evening appt is  when I would be 6+1- Im trying to decide if it’s worth the 3 hours of sick Time to get the appt when I would be 6+3 so I could hear heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves?: Today our parking lot at work was littered with geese poop. I almost puked walking in to work. So gross!

How are you feeling?: ok- a bit queasy, but not bad

Any specific AMA concerns?:
    All of my pregnancies have been AMA, so I’m pretty up to speed with the drill *tw I have had 3 losses end tw*, 

This was my last cycle to get a EDd before my 40th bday- so technically I’m not a 40+ Mom, but does anyone know if there are extra hoops 40 year old go through? I’m already thinking since I had a CS with DD, I’m probably a likely candidate for RCS, but will talk to the Dr.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? Applepickinh, changing leaves, and warm clothes!
  • Due date/W+D: May 27th / 4+2

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: TTM

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appt this Friday, which was supposed to be my annual. I decided to keep it so I could chat with my midwife about early blood tests to check progesterone levels. PGAL brain is pretty bad right now.

Rants/Raves?: My house is a mess and it's making me crazy. But I have two toddlers and a full time job, so I don't see it changing anytime soon. I let my almost 4 yo mop the kitchen the other day and he did okay. Too bad he's too young to do the dishes...

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I have fairly mild symptoms when I'm pregnant. Mostly I'm just tired.

Any specific AMA concerns?: Probably what most AMA moms are concerned about. I'll feel better after genetic testing.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? The weather. And I love that it marks the start of the holiday season.
  • @chloe97 I will be 40 a few months after this baby is born as well.  
  • I turn 40 in a week yikes!  It was not my intention to be 40 while having my second baby but here I am #thisis40

Due date/W+D:   May 8th

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Tuesday I get my ultra sound

Rants/Raves?: I am having crazy anxiety that something is wrong but I have no real reason to believe something is wrong with this pregnancy, still irks me that I have to wait until next week to know for sure. 

How are you feeling?: Ok just the sore boobs and feeling full a lot but not much else

Any specific AMA concerns?:  No but I turn 40 in a week, my birthday party will be amusing as everyone is drinking but me, cheers to turning the big 40

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?  I love that there is so much to do, apple picking, pumpkin picking, Halloween, Thanksgiving, it really is a magical time and my little daughter loves all of the things we are doing.

• Due date/W+D: May 9th so 6w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry I think??

Any appointments? Questions?:  have had so much bloodwork, an appointment with my endocrinologist, 2 US and I have a 3rd tomorrow.  If it looks good tomorrow I go on the normal schedule until my inevitable appointment with MFM.

Rants/Raves?:   I’m mad that my milk supply is slowly going away.  Was planning to continue breastfeeding my first who will be 8 months in a few weeks but my boobs have other plans.

How are you feeling?:  Just nauseous and tired. 
    Any specific AMA concerns?:  Not really.  It’s the same drill as last time.  I am insulin resistant and I had issues with amniotic fluid and BP last time so I get all the bells and whistles.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?  Football season!!
  • edited September 2018
    @courtniko that's a really good in't that your doctor brings up! That makes me feel better.  Thank you for sharing!

@chloe97 the only thing i can think of is this... when my sister was pregnant at 40, she had that issue where your pubis symphisis starts pulling apart and so she was put on bed rest at 4 months.  I took care of her at that time and would take her to doctor's appointments. The doc said that it has nothing to do with age but rather the hormones and could happen to anyone.  At the time, my young 22 year old mind was convinced it happened because she was "old."

Due date/W+D: 5/23  and 4+6

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM

Any appointments? Questions?: Technically,  I'm not 35 yet but will be hopefully by the time this baby comes out.  Im not sure if the doctor will qualify me as AMA. 

Rants/Raves?: None

How are you feeling?: Pretty miserable, today.  Details are in the symptoms thread. 

Any specific AMA concerns?: Just being able to keep up with my kids.  I already have aches and pains, feel guilty i can't always play with my daughter. 

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? The colors!

ETA: I just realized I didn't really answer @chloe97 's question.  Im sorry.  I guess i just wanted to share something random. 

• Due date/W+D: 6+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine blueberry 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM (ST AMA)

Any appointments? Questions?: not until 10/5

Rants/Raves?: I wish naps were acceptable at work  

How are you feeling?: tired! Some waves of nausea too  

Any specific AMA concerns?: my last AMA pregnancy was problem free except for weight gain and now I’m starting at a higher weight with a slower, over-40 metabolism. Also for some reason I’m convinced (paranoid?) now that I’m into my 40s something will inevitably go wrong this time. 

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? Spiced apple cider and cozy puffer vests
  • Due date/W+D:  5/16  5w+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?:  4th time mom

Any appointments? Questions?: I honestly haven’t even called yet.  The Dr. who delivered my last retired, so I need to find a new OB.  And we have moved since #1 and #2, so 4 kids = 4 different OBs. 🙄

Rants/Raves?: a friend asked me tonight if I was pregnant.  She’s a nurse, so she said she could just tell, but I didn’t expect anyone to figure that out this soon.

How are you feeling?:  not to bad today, but yesterday I was pretty nauseated.  Since I felt good today, I made 7 freezer meals for those days I can’t handle cooking.

Any specific AMA concerns?:  I can just tell the difference in my body from my last 4 years ago.  My body feels old as far as aches and pains - but I’m also starting at a heavier weight.  I feel like this time is going to be harder on my body.  I’m also a little worried about developing GD this time even though I haven’t had it in the past.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?  Wearing sweatshirts and flip flops.  
  • Due date/W+D:  5/12/19   6+4

Baby is the size of a(n): I think chocolate chip. My app doesn't say. 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until October 11th. No questions

Rants/Raves?: Nothing really today

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay but only if I eat tons of carbs. I feel my pants getting tighter and tighter by the day. UGH

Any specific AMA concerns?: Nothing really but sometimes I wish I would have been ready for a second earlier. I am afraid of being an "old mom".  But I also know lots of people around the same age as me just having their first (or even second, third) so I am not alone. 

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? Sweatshirts and leggings. Plus football!
    DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • @coffeeislife I feel the same way, I never intended to be turning 40 while pregnant, I tried for the last year to get pregnant thinking it would be a breeze because when I got pregnant the first time at 36 it was so quick.  One year and one IUI later I am finally here, but I will be 40 at delivery with a toddler and  new born. I sometimes think how am I going to do this?    But this is the way life worked out for me.  I don't regret having fun in my 20's and early 30's but I do wonder how much different life would be if I had got started earlier.  
  • Due date/W+D: 5/21 / 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Any appointments? Questions?: I finally called for an appointment today so I go in on 10/9

Rants/Raves?: I got hit by a huge cold today and really am missing all my go to OTC drugs. Aleve D... it’s going to be a long 9 months (+breastfeeding time) without you...

How are you feeling?: Small cramping and crazy hormones, sore boobs and the whole pregnancy brain is annoying but other than that everything is going well.

Any specific AMA concerns?: Not sure if this is an AMA concern but my first pregnancy I was 32 and at an appropriate weight (albeit at the high end of the spectrum). Whether accurate or not, I had zero worries my entire pregnancy. This time around I’m pretty overweight and 37, both of which are just concerning to me in general. I’m being really good about what I eat and even tracking the calories, I move more and sleep more and still gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks... I really hope that’s just water retention or I don’t know what to do.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? I miss east coast fall so much so I’m going to cheat and pick all my favorites that I wish I still got to enjoy: the changing leaves, getting to put away the summer clothes for the cute fall weather items, apple picking, and the Great Jack o lantern blaze (anyone in the Westchester, NY region... go check it out!)
  • @coffeeislife I’m with you! In my mind I was going to have two kids close in age and be done before I hit 35... but first I wasn’t ready and then it wasn’t as easy to conceive as it was when I was 32 with the first one. 
  • My office is setting up a relaxation room @minnemiska but I doubt the 2 hour nap I want to take most afternoons is going to be acceptable lol
  • Hiya fellow Golden Girls!!! 

Due date/W+D: 5/18 - 5w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM. Had my first son at 36. I am 38 and will be 38 when this babe is born. 

Any appointments? Questions?:  First real appt isn’t until the 9th

Rants/Raves?:  I want to eat all the carbs!!!!

How are you feeling?: Everything is slight... cramping, nausea, boob pain, exhaustion. Maybe it’s just that I don’t have time for the self care running after a toddler?

Any specific AMA concerns?: I kinda know the drill by now. As my Dr said, there is no real switch that happens when you’re 35 that boom, you’re going to have issues.

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? Cool crisp air, apple cider, cozy sweaters, snuggling.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: May 7th, 7w+4

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean

Any appointments? Questions?: I WISH! My first appt isn’t until Oct. 9th. I’m dying!!!

Rants/Raves?: I’m tired and feeling a bit more nauseous by the day, but DS has been such a peach lately. So freaking cute and cuddly. I’m going to soak up all this time before #2 comes along.

How are you feeling?: Eh. Fine. Grumpy often but otherwise this has been a bit easier than last time.

Any specific AMA concerns?: I want to see that everything is ok! Like, right now! This waiting for another 2.5 weeks is impossible!

GTKY: What do you like most about fall? The changing leaves and the cooler temps. I’m totally a cold weather girl...glad to live in Montana where I can really embrace it.
  • knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited September 2018

Due date/W+D: 5/23, 6w+2d

Baby is the size of a(n): ladybug

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: ftm

Any appointments? Questions?: next Friday 10/5 - prenatural and ultrasound

Rants/Raves?: I'm all in about staying safe during this pregnancy, but some of the stuff out there is kinda rediculous. Like don't shampoo your hair too often? Is sunscreen OK, etc etc. It seems like there is a bit of fear-mongering going on, especially when articles even say that there is no proven link. I don't know why that stuff pisses me off.

How are you feeling?: feeling good, keeping a close eye on diet and exercise. I'm plus-sized to start, and I'm really trying to keep any weight off for now, which I've been able to do. Have done well so far but still really early! 

Any specific AMA concerns?: I saw another thread for AMA and ladies were saying their practioner wanted to induce. I'm already concerned that I'm going to be hooked to a fetal monitor the whole delivery because I'm plus sized, and induction would also lead down that road. I do want to be safe, but I would like to labor naturally rather than just hooked up the whole time to make delivery easier for the delivery team (not necessarily because it's needed). Obviously, if there was a valid issue that required this, I would do that to make sure we're both safe, but I have heard stories from other plus-sized moms about these types of things happening to them. 

GTKY: What do you like most about fall?: I really don't like hot weather (especially since being pregnant) so very glad for the cooler temps. And living in Northern Vermont is absolutely beautiful. And it is when knitting season kicks into high gear! 
  • Oh! And @expandcontract we're edd twins!
    @Pahialii I grew up in Westchester NY too (Yorktown) but now live in Northern Vermont
  • @knarlytaurus this is my second AMA pregnancy and my doctor has never said being induced would be bc of my age.  I was induced with my first but it was due to BP issues and his heart rate dropped during a contraction while I was being monitored for high BP.  That can happen to a 25 year old.  In fact at my appointment Thursday he asked what my preference was if I go into labor before my scheduled CS.  I would just have a talk with your doctor about your preferences.  
  • *lurking* (I am AMA, but decided to stick to the pgal checkin, because that's where my anxiety is)

@knarlytaurus I am overweight and my first daughter was due 3 days before I turned 35, so they treated me mostly like I was ama last time. My doctor never mentioned inducing.  I was able to do intermittent monitoring during labor, and had a great, natural birth. Let your doc know your wishes, and if they can't support them and don't have a good reason why, consider finding a new provider. If you and baby are generally healthy there is no reason for continuous monitoring or induction. 
  • @knarlytaurus - I was AMA with my first, and considered obese based on my BMI.  My little one was born at 41 weeks.  I was scheduled to be induced at 41w5d, just because its standard practice not to let anyone go beyond 42 weeks.  I was only hooked up to the fetal monitor once they started pitocin (my labor stalled and I wasn't progressing at 6cm after being in labor for a very long time.)  I know each practice is different, so i would definitely talk about your concerns with your doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @optbaby2017 @merrylea thanks! I am very optimistic that I'll have good providers  but have heard some horror stores from other ladies. We have our first appointment this Friday, so definitely will get a sense of the medical center. Thanks for the confidence!