Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 9/17

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? Rule. You must offer support/advice to one other person's response to this. 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TFAS w/o 9/17

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 16 mo!

Any thoughts about this cycle? DH thinks it is going to happen this cycle. I hope he’s right.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We had surgery for tubes in DS’s ears last week. Everything went great!! I prolly cried as much as DS did. All the nurses and Doctors were so nice to us all. I’m hoping this is going to help eliminate those pesky ear infections (and maybe kickstart his speaking). 

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? Rule. You must offer support/advice to one other person's response to this. 
    DS is starting to have separation anxiety from me. He doesn’t want to be left alone with his Dad (even for less than 2 minutes!). DH knows he needs to spend some one on one time with DS. I think that may help it a lot. I prolly answered my own challenge, lol.
  • Options

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW (although no CH's yet, but I'm almost positive I O'd yesterday) 

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? We didn't really have the best timing. We were going to BD yesterday, which would have made for great timing, but DH was too tired and couldn't make it happen (we were actually both exhausted but obv he's the one that needs to be up for it lol). So not feeling super confident. And I did make a doctor appt for 2 weeks from now to talk about issues I've been having anyway so that will be a good opportunity to see if we should continue to try on our own for a few more months or go back to the RE.  

Any questions? Nope. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Big work conference this week that I'm gearing up for so that's bee a little stressful. But then after that's over we're headed up to my hometown for a long weekend. We haven't visited since Christmas so it's long overdue and I'm looking forward to it!

DS is throwing major tantrums at the moment. I didn't think that really started until age 2 but here we are. Any time he doesn't get what he wants, he goes all out starfish and screams. Ugh, not sure how to handle it yet either since he doesn't really understand. @lillywonderland We struggle with separation anxiety a bit too. DS is definitely a mama's boy and sometimes cries when I hand him off to DH. It's tough because DH thinks DS doesn't like him, I'm like no lol, that's not what it means. Even though we both work full time, I do spend more time with DS overall and I think he's just more used to me. I'm sure the roles will reverse someday though! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 Ugh, yes with the tantrums here also! I literally laughed so hard last night right before bed to DH about it because it is so hilarious to me the way DS throws his arms up in the air when I try to pick him up when he is in the throes of a tantrum. I think we are just going to have to buckle down and deal with it until our LOs can express what is wrong with their words. I just try to stay calm, explain to him quietly why we are doing XYZ and basically hope that someday he’ll understand. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland it sounds like your tantrum advice is spot on. Basically when DD has a tantrum I remain calm and either try to redirect her or ignore her... and sometimes both! @mrsjqg1024 redirection seems to work pretty well. Our ped says as long as the child isn't in danger of hurting themselves, you can ignore them until they calm down. Oh, and enjoy your upcoming trip!

@lillywonderland my DD went through a few bouts of bad separation anxiety - like I would walk away during our exercise class and she would lose it completely after months of sitting happily in her stroller! It really stinks, but like you are thinking, you sort of just have to weather the storm and realize that it won't last forever. And of course, having DH spend more time with DS will help too, even if it feels hard at first.

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? FF and I can't agree on when I ovulated this cycle. I had one measly day of EWCM and that was all she wrote, so I know we're out this cycle. I am pretty irritated, though. My chart is all over the damn place, my temps aren't even where they normally are! I'm hoping it's just an off cycle and that things go back to normal next month. That being said, I'm taking a break from temping next month because I need a break.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: Sort of a rant... just feeling really burnt out from work. How can working part-time be so draining? I wish I could consolidate my hours into just three days of work but lately everything has been spread out over five or six and I'm just over it.

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? This is more of a marriage problem but there are some things DH does that just drive me nuts. Even when I ask him not to let DD do something, he'll let her do it anyway. I keep trying to tell him that the more he lets her get away with now, the worse she'll be when she's older, but he just doesn't seem to care. Don't get me wrong: we're on the same page about MOST things. But he does stupid crap like letting her ride her tricycle in the house, or giving her soda, or here was his latest one: "Let's just give her a wall to paint and color on since she does it so much." Ummm NO. Just no. Lol
  • Options
    @riff323 We have the same problems you mentioned - but I’m gonna call it different parenting styles. I’m the “mean” parent trying to strategically plan everything so DS is set up physically, mentally and emotionally for life and DH is the “fun one”. It is super frustrating at times when DH does something seemingly small, but totally not what I would do but I think that’s just life. I just try to explain to him the reasons why I do what I do. That’s all we can really do. They are half of the parenting team so they should get a say in things, even if it is not what you would do. (Also - since you shared the soda story - DH gave DS a crunchy Cheeto and he fracking loved it!!)
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I am also the "mean" parent! Hahaha! Yes, I think you're right to call them different parenting styles. And it's great to have balance!
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 like they said above ignore and/or redirect. It's funny how it still works with dd. 

@lillywonderland dd had separation anxiety as well. It's just something you have to work thru and to help try it with doing something ds loves but only with your dh. 

@riff323 @lillywonderland dh is the fun parent but more strict and I'm the mean parent but she gets her way more with me. I don't even know. But we do have set lines of what dd can and can't do. Like for the wall maybe put up some of that brown craft paper. 

Month/Cycle? 9/10

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet hopefully  

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd and I have this pesky cold that doesn't want to leave and I have a wisdom tooth trying to come in. I feel like crap today. 

Im pretty sure there's something but I don't well to think of them right now. I'm pretty sure something will happen before school. 
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm ugh wisdom teeth are the worst. I left mine alone until they got infected and then decided to pull them (I was 20). I hope you and DD feel better soon!
  • Options

@lillywonderland Yay, I'm so glad you guys went ahead with the tubes and hope you feel that sense of relief from ear infections!  

Month/Cycle? 11/12 

WTO/TWW? TWW... O should be today based on trigger yesterday

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  ^%#$&*SK - that about sums it up.  Had my IUIs yesterday and today, but the two follies were really big (28 & 35) and I feel like they were way too big even though my RE isn't concerned.  

Any questions? Nah.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I bought our matching family Christmas pajamas yesterday.   :#

Hmm, definitely picky eating.  I feel like it keeps getting worse.  He absolutely refuses to try new things (unless it's like a cookie - how do they know?!).  He won't eat meat unless it's hidden in a quesadilla.  He rarely eats veggies except for sometimes broccoli and otherwise they come in pouch form.  We keep putting new things in front of him while making sure there is other stuff he likes on his plate, we don't force him to eat anything, we make things fun with dipping and fun utensils, etc... I don't know what else to try other than giving it time.  

• Options
    @lillywonderland - FX the tubes work for your DS. How did he do after the surgery?
    As for the separation anxiety, are you a SAHM? My DD goes to daycare and loves it there and rarely has anxiety about me leaving, but if your a SAHM maybe you can try to get a babysitter more often, or leave DS at a gym daycare while your work out.

@mrsjqg1024 - DD started throwing tantrums early on too. Since she wouldn't quite understand why she shouldn't throw a fit, we decided to mainly do positive reinforcement. So if she comes up to me and grabs my legs or reaches up, I will pick her up immediately (if I can), but if she sits and whines for me, I'll tell her "no, don't whine" and wait for a tiny break in her whining to pick her up. I do similar things for when I tell her not to touch something, etc.

@riff323 - The different parenting styles is something I really never considered before having a kid. DH and I seemed like we were on the same page with a lot of things that we had discussed. But I'm much more relaxed about everything (maybe from having grown up with 6 siblings). Something like, "Oh, she just ate a Cheerio off the floor," I will shrug at, but DH will freak out. But I've learned to listen to him, and not brush off his concerns. He's been right about things several times, and plus, it's always a good reminder that my kid is not invincible and I should be more careful about certain things.

What number are you trying for
    ? #2

Month/Cycle? 5/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1 next week!

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not hopeful since I'm sick and hormones are still out of whack with nursing.

Any questions? Those who have LOs in daycare, do you get sick a lot when your LO gets sick? I feel like every time DD gets something from daycare, she brings it home to us. I haven't been this sick since my freshman year of college.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has been so cuddly the past few days! I know it's because she's been sick, but I enjoy holding her and being able to sit on the couch and veg out for more than 20 seconds at a time. 
    Also, parenting win! She had her second ear infection, but for the 2nd time, the doctor said I caught it early and it wasn't even a full blown ear infection yet, but if I had waited another 24 hours, it would have been. 

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? Lots of little things. Learning no, being gentle, not hitting or biting or pulling hair. 
  • Options

@lillywonderland FX that the ear infections stop now that your DS has the tubes!  And I’m with you on the preference of me over DH.  DD just connects with me more since I definitely partake in the daily rituals more and DH gets frustrated so I try to kindly explain that I’m the one that’s offering the stability so he just has to get involved in the little things more

@mrsjqg1024 ugh these tantrums lately!  I try to ignore her but I end up laughing and then I’m not sure if she does it because I’m laughing or because I took something from her that she shouldn’t have.  I agree, that 13 months is earlier than I expected to see these and I just tell myself that if I stay consistent, maybe it’ll make the 2-3 year tantrums better…? Wishful thinking?

@riff323 I will you on some small parenting differences!  Our DD is 13 months and sometimes DH just gets so frustrated that he just yells.  She has no idea why she’s getting yelled at because she’s at the age where she just needs it to be repeated.  So I have to try extra hard to keep my cool and just tell him that it’s best to move her away from what she’s doing that is wrong rather than just stand there and yell

@Sparty18 those are some big follicles!  Did you ask your RE and they didn’t seem concerned or did they just not mention anything while checking?  Also, I know some people have gotten vegetables in by making smoothies with fruit so the flavor is hidden but they’re still getting them… have you tried that?

@marebear15 I got sick with her in the beginning, but after a few months of daycare, I think I became more resilient as well!  Glad you caught the ear infection early to minimize the effects!

• Options
    @marebear15 I have gotten sick sooo much since DS has been in daycare. He's been sick about 9 times since January and I've gotten about 5 of those illnesses. I usually never get sick so it sucked lol. I'm hoping that this cold/flu season will be easier on us but I doubt it. 
  • Options

@lillywonderland I hope your DH is right!  Sad to hear the surgery was needed but hopefully this will cut out a significant amount of ear infections.  For the separation anxiety, the just from you will pass but I think you are right with the dad one on one time, also add in some fun things that only dad does.  

@mrsjqg1024 Have fun in your hometown!  Sorry the tantrums are starting early, wish I could tell you they get better.  My best advice is just to ignore and walk away.  They will still have tantrums but the tantrum will be shorter.  I wait till he is calm to talk about is bothering him.

@riff323 Temping can be so stress full, hope a month off helps mentally.  Ah, no good advice from be about different parenting styles, this is a problem for me too.  Right now I’m just picking my battels.

@asupernovablizzardstorm Oh my, I had no idea wisdom teeth could come in so late.

@Sparty18 I have always wanted to do matching Christmas pajamas, did you find a deal?  Your food challenge is my challenge, good luck, lol.

@marebear15 I get sick like 90% of the time when my child does, I tried avoiding but I never had any luck so now I just live the same. He started daycare at 12 weeks and was sick more than not for the next three months.  For challenges I try to keep my statements positive like instead of don’t pull my hair, I take his hand and gently stroke my hair.  I think that was the age I did start sitting him on his bottom for punishments for the bigger things like outlets.

@mokay19 Jealous, I want to move back to the Midwest so bad! Very happy that the move is going smoothly. Good luck at your new job!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW 19/6

Ages of other child(ren)? Two as of this weekend!

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well I’m not spotting so that is good but I did have some painful cramps for a few days after ovulation.  No idea if that means anything, trying not to think of it.  I’m hoping it didn’t mean I didn’t’ ovulate till later.  Next cycle I’m thinking of temping.

Any questions? Debating on getting him a tricycle or a balance bike. He tried a tricycle but was a bit short and couldn’t really figure it out.  We live in a condo, so space is super limited and I’m debating on which one, not getting any or waiting till the spring when he is bigger. I think I’m leaning to the ladder.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My little guy had his first road trip and hotel stay for his birthday this last weekend and he did amazing.  I was really expecting it to be super rough but he slept half the four hour trip both times, slept at night in the pack n play, but naps were a bit rocky.  My parents met us there (the city is half way), which was his favorite present.  He slept in our room one night and theirs the other so H and I could have a date night. 

The biggest is still him eating, he eats no veggies and sometimes just flat out will not eat.  I’d be ok with him not eating but then he wakes up through the night starving.  My H and I have very different thoughts on how to correct this so that causes even more challenges.  Since he is much more concerned and willing to handle it, I am just following his lead.  He is starting bribing, which I hate but the bribe is fruit so eh. 

• Options
    @mokay19 I directly asked the RE about them being too big and he stated he wasn't concerned and that they do see them that large with Clomid.  I'm still not really buying it though.  I'm glad you reminded me about smoothies though for my son, I'll have to find the motivation to do that...

@jhems776 I got them from Hanna Andersson, so $$$, but I did manage to find two separate 15% off codes that both worked.  I missed out on the ones I wanted from them last year, so I was determined to get them before they sold out this year. I also ordered a size up for my son so hopefully they will last him two years.
  • Options
    @sparty18:  I love Hanna Andersson stuff!  Do they have grownup too?
    @marebear15:  I think DH gets sick when DD does, but I tend to miss it (I do catch some...)  He got her awful stomach bug this summer and somehow I escaped.  Still not sure how.  THROW UP EVERYWHERE.
    @mokay19:  My DD is variable on this...sometimes very clingy, other times SUPER independent.  I'm just trying to ride with it, and let her do what she wants.  Plus, I love when she reaches up for me.  
    @mrsjqg1024 : sister solidarity on the tantrums here too.  Whew.  We throw some big, long ones.  I've definitely googled "how long are normal tantrums" more than once. 

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2y

Any thoughts about this cycle?  NOT hopeful.  The worst timing, and unclear O date.  The good news - I won't be peak morning-sickness-time for our Disney trip at end of Oct.

Any questions?  Not this time.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  somewhat of a rant?  We did family pictures last night and it was SO HOT.  Like surprisingly back up in the mid-90's again!  But don't you worry----I stuck DD in planned corduroy overalls (poor thing!) and DH is his dress shirt and got us out there!  (They are going to be so sweaty/sticky and my hair is gonna be crazy, I'm afraid!)

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? Biting (getting better maybe?) and not wanting to sit in her carseat.  Ugh.  
  • Options

@supernovablizzardstorm I’m sorry about your wisdom tooth - I had my pulled in HS so I really don’t remember how painful teeth coming in are! I just remember when I was younger my Mom gave us Anbesol. 

@Sparty18 I am hoping the tubes are our cure! But ugh, how annoying is the trying not to get water in them during every bath? I might break down and buy some ear putty (which would also be helpful if we want to swim!). Yay for matching PJ’s! I tried (unsuccessfully) to get DH to match DS and I on Christmas but he was not having it at all. I doubt I’ll be able to convince him this year.

@marebear15 He did great after the surgery! Some tears right after, but within a few hours (and after a 3.5 hr nap!!) he was back to his old self again. I’m not a SAHM and DS goes to “school” 2x a week and he’s with Grammy the other days. They just changed his classroom so he’s with the older kids (up to about 2yrs). I’m hoping it’s a minor phase we’re going through and it’s a combo of the new classroom and Dad dropping him off. We have gotten so many colds this year, I hate it!! I haven’t been this sick...ever!! I’m hoping this winter will be a little easier on us all, but it will prolly suck again

Since DS touches EVERYTHING POSSIBLE WITHIN HIS TINY GRASP.

@jhems776 Happy Birthday to your LO! I’m glad you had a great trip and it wasn’t as terrible as you were expecting it to be! Traveling with LOs is definitely hard, but I think it is totally worth it - especially if you get to see them spend some quality time with their grandparents!  Also, good luck in the food department. Our little guy is starting to have preferences and doesn’t always like his dinner selections. Maybe his drink pairing (milk) isn’t up to his high standards? Lol.

@mokay19 Yay for your move and new job (and a fun ladies trip!!). Are you excited to be living closer to your parents? We have DH’s parents living in the same town and it is great for helping us out with DS. It is so much fun watching your parents play with your LO!

@icking82 OMG your description of the family pics sounds like a literal hot mess, but I am sure the pictures turned out great!! I’m hoping once I get KU we can do some maternity pictures and family pictures. I didn’t with DS, but kinda wished we had. DH is a big boob and doesn’t love pictures like I do! 

• Options
    @lillywonderland So, I know from talking to others that have gone through tubes that doctors vary greatly in their advice for water with tubes.  Our ENT practice is very relaxed on restrictions.  We have no restrictions for the bath or swimming pools.  Our son takes a bath every night and we never have worried about the water getting in his ears.  We have also had him in swim lessons and while I was a bit more cautious than before, we didn't use anything.  The only thing they mentioned ear plugs for is lake and ocean water.  Even then, the ENT said that it takes at least 3 feet of water for the water pressure to be great enough to penetrate the tubes.  So, obviously our son won't be diving into 3 feet of water anytime soon lol.  It's up to your comfort level, but just know that there are a lot of ENTs out there that are much more relaxed about water and we have had no issues!
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 years, 3.5 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? -

Any questions? -

Rant/Rave/Brag: Feeling crampy today, hopefully its a good sign!

I am a SAHM and my girl just started kindergarten 2 weeks ago, so my main goal right now is to not have my independent and outgoing little guy change to be super attached to momma! So continuing our playgroups and things like that! It's his first one on one time with me which is amazing but I don't want him to become jealous with a new baby eventually!

@riff323 laughing at your husband saying to give her a wall! It's hard when sometimes you see things differently! I totally side with  you on those things!!

Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lillywonderland I'm excited to be closer to family, but I'm already annoyed with living at home haha closer is great! ...this is just too close!
  • Options

Month/Cycle? I'm not sure exactly when to start counting, since I've had some losses? I'm starting over again with this cycle and it's day 3.

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I don't think I'll have the right timing this cycle. I'm leaving to go out of town with family today and my husband is staying. So I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating while I'm out of town. 

Any questions? Not really. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I wish I were looking forward to my trip out of town but I'm a homebody and don't like being away from home, especially for 2 weeks!!! Plus my mom has turned into a real a hole lately and I'm just dreading dealing with her. We used to be so close...

GTKY: What parenting challenges are you having right now? Rule. You must offer support/advice to one other person's response to this. Getting my kid to stop screaming and repeating bad words he hears elsewhere. 🙈
    @jhems776 have you tried sneaking veggies into things he likes? Mashed cauliflower into mac and cheese, zucchini and bell peppers into spaghetti?
  • Options
    @projectalice I can relate to how you feel about your mom. I used to be super close with mine but she's changed the last few years (hell, I'm sure I have, too) and it's intolerable being around her now. I hope the trip goes better than you think it will!
  • Options
    @Sparty18 Ughhhh Doctors suck! It’s
    just so crazy that they can have such different “rules”. He was making it seem like even a drop of clean water could cause an infection. I’m gonna go with the cautious but not paranoid route, because I know DS would start hating his beloved baths if I have to plug up his ears every time. Thank you so much for the insight! 
  • Options
    @ThompsonHM2 did you send your daughter to preschool before kindergarten? Do you plan on sending your son? I'm also a SAHM and I'm currently trying to decide whether to send DD or not.
  • Options
    @riff323 no I didn't. We do a lot of playgroups at a centre that also does activities where they have the kids do an hour long program for various things while the parents are doing their own little workshop. So we had some separation with a "teacher" and "school like" environment. I was pretty confident with her social skills before kindergarten so I thought she would get a long fine and she totally did- she absolutely loves it! There are people that I do know though that do a bit of preschool before kindergarten to help prep the kid if they are a little shy or nervous and it does seem to help!
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @ThompsonHM2 thank you for the input! I'm feeling like I should enroll her for a couple days a week to get some social interaction without us (considering we don't have family here, we never leave her with other people) but a lot of it comes down to budget. I have awhile to make up my mind though!