December 2018 Moms

Weekly Check-in 9/18 (EDD 12/8-12/16)

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (Hoping this hasn't already been done!)

DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Weekly Check-in 9/18 (EDD 12/8-12/16)

• How far along are you? 

27+5

Overall pretty good! Just so damn tired all the time.

I have my GD test on Friday. I haven't been concerned about it until recently. I've had occasional issues with low blood sugar my whole life, and recently have been having on and off symptoms of it this last week.  I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything. 

Strawberry shortcake!

@CecilB93 Have fun at the pep rally! Sorry you've been having sciatic nerve pain :(

• Loading the player...
  • @echo-charlietango omg oreo milkshake.... sounds soooooooooo good! I just passed up huuuuge rice krispie treats at the coffee shop at work. I have an arsenal of desserts at home, but holy crap it looked good! 
  • @morgantu at least my MIL lives all the way across the country! Its such a hard situation. I am trying to be sensitive to her wanting to be a part of our baby's life because my mom has a really hard time with my SIL denying them time and I know its the push and pull of a demanding MIL. I have seen her get her feelings hurt a lot over just wanting to spend time with the grandkids. The struggle is real with the MIL.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?

- 27+5

- Still dying from heartburn. Nothing new really, just continuing to get large and uncomfortable over here.

- I’m curious, those of you who have already done your 1hr glucose, how’d you feel afterwards? I had mine yesterday & felt like crap all day. Just really nauseous, sluggish, and lightheaded. I’m hoping that’s not a possible indication of GD, because I don’t remember feeling that way when I did it my first pregnancy. Also, looking forward to my 28w appointment on Thursday! We’re re-checking the placenta previa which means I get to see this cute little dude’s face.

- Right now? ALL OF THEM. But definitely cake. Especially the super soft spongey ones, yummmm. Now I need cake  :p

• @mrsm224 Hmm...after mine I felt 95% fine, just a little jittery. Did you take it with food? Or do you generally eat fairly healthy? (I am...accustomed to sweets, ha.) I don’t know the answer, but I’m curious! Fx you pass :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon My doc made me fast. I do eat pretty healthy, but this baby has been loooving sweets, so I’ve been indulging...quite a bit, lol. But the nurse did have some issues getting the vein and had to keep pricking me, which I’m super squeamish about. So maybe that also had to do with it? 
  • @mrsm224 After my 1-hour test I felt mostly normal. I drank the drink first thing in the morning, and without food. After my appt I went out to buy some Zantac, then home for a nap (but I only nap 1/4 of the times I intend to sleep). 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @mrsm224 I actually expected to feel crappy, because usually if I have too much sugar in the morning without protein (donuts or something) I'll get a stomach ache. I did my glucose fasting first thing in the am but actually felt ok afterward. Hopefully your yucky feeling was just a fluke and everything is fine! 
  • @mrsm224 hmm, I don't think I've felt bad after either time I've done the one hour test, first pregnancy I passed but this one I failed and am GD. I could see myself feeling off though if the nurse had trouble finding the vein. I usually give blood when I can and the only time I felt a little faint was when the person had trouble sticking my vein just right, so hopefully that's all it was!! FX you pass!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 The pep rally sounds so fun! 

@Hollyyyyy I actually got diagnosed with Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) after my GD test (I had to do the 3 hour). The nurse told me that it becomes more noticeable the further your pregnancy progresses, which I can definitely say is true in my case! She said it was nothing to be concerned about, but my blood sugar was pretty low so I just need to make sure to keep some protein rich snacks on hand with me when I'm out driving and running errands in case I get woozy and be sure to snack on something every hour. 

@morgantu I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed too! It'll all get done though.. woosah!

@mamatwopointoh oh man, invasive MIL's are the worst! I have a strict policy of nobody seeing me in that condition unless it's my husband or a medical professional, hah! Hopefully she respects both of your wishes!

All of these desserts have me drooling over here. YUM!

How far along are you? 28 Weeks on Sat

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Heartburny, tired, can't breathe. BUT- I did get adjusted today and it was fairy tale like. I feel like a new woman! Hopefully it lasts more than a day!

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Dear Diary, does it make me a bad mom to pay a babysitter to watch the 2 year old while I go to the 10 year old's baseball game on Thursday? Maybe. But DH has been gone for 2 weeks now and I'm in serious survival mode. That's also my reason for having panera for lunch and then chick-fil-a for dinner. 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (Hoping this hasn't already been done!) Any and all of it! I read everyone's post thinking "oh man, I forgot about that!!" I could eat all of them! If I had to choose, I would say either a warm, fresh out of the oven brownie or any sort of fruity pie/cobbler. mmmmm. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Wait so that’s interesting @orangecrush29. Did your blood sugar level go down too low in the hour and that’s how they diagnosed it? 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @rosebud332 ahhhhh beeeeer. That's kind of how i'm justifying a lot of my dessert eating. The calories that I previously would be drinking in beer, i'm now just eating in cookies! 
  • @mamajudec2018 geez, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough go. But it sounds like your dr is awesome. I hope you get a lot of answers and have a good plan going forward! xox
  • I’m so glad you’re on their radar with the borderline pre-e now @mamajudec2018. Fx you can somehow keep it at bay (I don’t know how that works!) for as long as possible so babe can keep cooking! :heart:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Thank you! Yes I am so glad that they will be watching me and baby now! I just want little man to be ok!
  • @mamajudec2018 I’m really glad they are monitoring you now. You’ve been worrying me with all these things popping up! Pre-e is no good, but I’m glad you at least are having enough symptoms at this point that they are taking it seriously and watching you more closely.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @mamatwopointoh Ugh, your MIL sounds like a peach. What’s the deal with overbearing MIL’s?! Have you ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond? My H and I will flip to it when there are reruns on TV, because Marie (the MIL on the show) is *exactly* like my own MIL. Like, she obviously loves her kids very much, but holy boundary over-stepping. Anyway, glad you guys laid down the law re: delivery room. Yikes.

@runrinserepeat Hope your face is doing better today!

@orangecrush29 What’s weird is that I have had hypoglycemia most of my life, but it’s never been a consistent thing. My blood sugar will just drop suddenly for what seems to be no reason (no matter how recently I have eaten, or what in particular), and the only way to get me back up and running is to eat something- literally a bite of fruit or sip of soda will help. I haven’t had an issue this whole pregnancy until the last couple weeks, so it does make me feel a little better that your nurse said it is common to get worse as the pregnancy progresses. Did they by chance say anything about your body over-compensating, and developing GD from it? I don’t know if that’s even a possibility or not, but it’s something I have been kind of concerned about.

@mamajudec2018 Oh no, I am sorry your test results show possible preE. I hope it doesn’t get worse :/ That’s great that you have some an attentive and caring doctor, though.

• @Hollyyyyy That show is amazing in so many ways. I feel for you on that one, especially if you live close by. Yikes! My own mother is that type of MIL but it doesn't bother me since its my family. Weird how that works.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mamajudec2018 so sorry it looks like early pre-e, but glad they're monitoring you so closely!! And your doctor sounds like a great person for checking in on you like that!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @PensiveCrayon she didn’t mention the numbers to me, but it was after my 3 hour glucose test so it must have been because my numbers dropped below normal by the end of that? I mean, I looked at my chart and by the 3rd hour, my level was somewhere in the 40’s (average is 65 it says). I was surprised they would go off of just one blood test, especially 11 hours into fasting, but who knows! 

@Hollyyyyy nope, she wasn’t concerned about GD in the least. She actually said “if you’re feeling woozy, eat a dang cookie please!!” Hah. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How far along are you? 

28 weeks

This back pain during work days is getting old. I need to start doing more yoga and/or get a massage. At least it doesn't keep me from sleeping. I sleep like a rock.

There is still so much to do. I filed claims for short term disability and FMLA, but I am not sure how much time I want to take off. I need a crystal ball so I can read the future 🙂

iTKY: What is your favorite dessert? (Hoping this hasn't already been done!)

I am not picky these days, but I have been day dreaming about apple pie. I should probably just make one.