November 2018 Moms

Symptoms - month of September

Re: Symptoms - month of September

• @firsttimespartanmom ugh carpal tunnel is the worst! Had it so bad last time, I had to get braces on both wrists. If you can get braces at target or Walmart, if you can at least sleep in them, it does help. 
  • @mockingjay1 As long as I remember to take Zyrtec every night and do oatmeal lotion every day, it hasn’t been bad! If I forget either of the above, it itches like hell! Luckily, it hasn’t spread st all!! Thanks for asking. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Up 1000 times in the night, even if there's just a drop of liquid in my bladder. My left hip feels like it's totally out of its socket. So much pressure below my belly button. This little girl has sat low as hell this whole pregnancy but the bigger she gets the more uncomfortable I get. I feel like I'm carrying a 20 lb tire around my belly. Just so much extra weight out of nowhere. I feel like she's going to be a big baby; it just feels like she's already out of room in there. Bonus though: when I lie on my side at night I can feel actual limbs rolling up against my hand! I never experienced that with DD and was worried I wouldn't with this pregnancy because of the anterior placenta. It gives DH the creeps to feel  :D
  • I’ve never experienced rib pain like I have with this breech baby. My right side under my breast aches constantly. I don’t know what I can do to help because it aches right where baby has its head. I’m almost worried baby is going to be all bruised from constantly hitting bone. I feel like a weirdo because I’m constantly applying pressure to it to alleviate some pain and I know it looks weird given the proximity to my boob.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @wannaflickone no luck getting baby to flip? 

• Up 1000 times in the night, even if there's just a drop of liquid in my bladder. My left hip feels like it's totally out of its socket. So much pressure below my belly button. This little girl has sat low as hell this whole pregnancy but the bigger she gets the more uncomfortable I get. I feel like I'm carrying a 20 lb tire around my belly. Just so much extra weight out of nowhere. I feel like she's going to be a big baby; it just feels like she's already out of room in there. Bonus though: when I lie on my side at night I can feel actual limbs rolling up against my hand! I never experienced that with DD and was worried I wouldn't with this pregnancy because of the anterior placenta. It gives DH the creeps to feel  :D
    +1 to feeling/seeing limbs rolling around. I have an anterior placenta too, but I still feel like I feel baby all the time. I also feel like this LO is scratching my cervix when he/she is down low. I didn't feel that with DS until the last few weeks. Hopefully baby will change position because it's pretty uncomfortable.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 Yes! So many times throughout the day I feel like if I were to look down I’d see a little foot sticking out of my vagina  :D. She’s just rightthere all the time!
  • This second time around I’m so much more aware of her position. I never really noticed with DD, or maybe I don’t remember? But this time I can completely tell where her back, butt, and limbs are. And she’s curled on my right side bc my belly is totally lopsided lol. If I lay flat you can practically see her outline. 
  • @lifesabeach85 not yet :( Tomorrow is my 3rd acupuncture appt. He said after 3 appts, he has an 80% success rate. I'm also going for a position check today with my chiro. The rib pain is still awful today, so I suspect baby has not moved. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @firsttimespartanmom - I recently noticed the weight gain in my face too. I was flipping through the weekly pictures we take and my face looks so puffy now compared to the beginning shot.
  • Night sweats anyone? I wake up in the middle of the night drenched.
  • I notice the weight gain everywhere. It's really depressing but I continue to tell myself it will be worth it.

Anyone else noticing the baby weight is starting to feel like a bowling ball? Each time I roll over and switch sided when laying down I can feel the weight shift. So strange...  Also my son is either learning karate or breakdancing today. He had been non stop since 6ish.
  • @ftm_jen same here! Baby girl is using my ute as a bounce house today

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @susan112118 I've been getting night sweats for a while too :( makes it so hard to sleep. 
    @emjohn517 I know what you mean. I don't remember being able to tell, or really paying attention, to DD's position in my first pregnancy. This time around I can really tell how she's laying. Not sure if I'm just paying attention to it more or what. 

I think I'm going to have to make the switch to flip flops (how professional for a work day). I wore sneakers to work today and my feet hurt sooooo bad. Poor swollen feet. They're not really visibly swollen, but boy do they feel like it. I had to take my shoes off at my desk because I couldn't stand it anymore. Even though I took my shoes off when I got home 3 hours ago, my feet are still sore :(
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Does heartburn have to feel acidic? I feel like my food never leaves my throat but I don't have a burning. Not sure what else this feeling would be if not heartburn.
  • @ftm_jen I definitely get that as part of acid reflux.  It's a weird pressure in my throat.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MouseMama817 same here with the anterior placenta and feeling the limbs roll around, also feeling hands near my hips sometimes like she's trying to reach out and grab them, LOL.
    @wannaflickone ditto on the pain under right breast, but I assumed it was actually a pain I get on occasion from my liver (I had my gallbladder out when I was 24, so the liver works extra hard to break down fats). I typically feel it either in the middle of the night or when I'm getting up in the morning from having slept on my right side. I actually think this one is in the correct position, not 100% sure. Also been doing those forward inversions from Spinning Babies in hopes of helping things along (I'm only 30+5 though, so not rushed at the moment).

The last two days I've noticed her back off my ribs a little and give me more room to breathe which is nice, because it was getting really uncomfortable in there. I also get that weird pressure in my esophagus from heartburn when it's not feeling particularly acidic, mostly depends on how much she's pushing up on my stomach. 
  • I woke up 3x last night to very uncomfortable/slightly painful contractions. Trying to take it easy and drink lots of water today. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @ftm_jen I also feel the same with my acid reflux. It’s super uncomfortable! 

I no longer have ankles thanks to my enormous swollen feet. I ended up calling the doctor today because they are so huge! I wonder if it’s due to eating out all week - things have been crazy at work and I’ve hardly been home so have eaten out way more than normal. Hopefully cutting back on salt will help these baby cankles. 
  • Thanks ladies. I guess I need to start eating smaller meals. Can't believe this is acid reflux. I always thought it would be painful like a burning but I'm glad it's just uncomfortable now that I have it!

Any tricks for relief that anyone's found to work? I've tried sitting propped up but it doesn't make a difference.
  • @firsttimespartanmom try writing the alphabet with your feet. A massage therapist suggested it and it seems to help get some of my swelling down for me. And drink a lot of water to flush out the salt. Hope you get some relief!
  • Anyone else run a low fever (99.1) and/or get generally ache-y after their Tdap or flu shots? I got both yesterday afternoon and started feeling crummy and running a low fever early this afternoon. I don’t know when/if it’s worth a call to the Dr. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't had my flu shot yet, but low grade fevers and feeling a little yucky can happen with vaccines. Did your doc give you a list of reasons to call? I think my paperwork says to call if I have a temp over 100.4 with tylenol on board (I'd have to dig it out and check). I wouldn't worry about a 99.1 temp. Unfortunately the yucky-ness is likely your immune system reacting to the vaccines. Hopefully you wake up feeling better! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Thanks @mockingjay1! I checked the paperwork sent with me where it lists possible reactions, but it’s the general stuff they send with everyone (I didn’t get the shot from the OB’s office). It says a fever up to 102 can happen, but thats on the list of reactions that don’t require any medical attention. I feel like that doesn’t hold true for pregnant women.
    It’s been so long since I’ve had any shots I couldn’t remember what to expect except soreness in the arm I got the shot in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    Maybe this is a weird LC but any of you know the uncomfortable/pressure feeling when you get a pap smear? Every so often, increasingly more so lately it feels like that from the inside. Almost as if a little finger is trying to stab through my cervix or something. It's short lived but happened repeatedly yesterday. Not particularly "painful" but super weird and uncomfortable.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I don’t want to speak too soon, but right now, I feel like I’m in a sweet spot. My back pain isn’t so bad now, probably bc she’s head down into my pelvis, sleep is ok, still uncomfortable but I’m not feeling super tired. I know what’s coming, but I’m ok living in this little phase of waiting for it. Calm before the storm. 
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited September 2018
    @rosebud1230 I had a low fever, awful headache, exhausted, and just felt like crap for a dayin a half after my Tdap. My Dr said that's what you want, a good immune system reaction. Hope you feel better soon and it passes as quickly as mine did!

@emjohn517 is it sad that I'm jealous haha. I feel like I can't do much before my back or hips starts to rebel these days. Thanksgiving (due date) seems so far away.
  • @rosebud1230- same. I was pretty useless the day after my TDAP shot. My arm is still sore 4 days later.
  • Maybe this is a weird LC but any of you know the uncomfortable/pressure feeling when you get a pap smear? Every so often, increasingly more so lately it feels like that from the inside. Almost as if a little finger is trying to stab through my cervix or something. It's short lived but happened repeatedly yesterday. Not particularly "painful" but super weird and uncomfortable.
    Yeah, sounds like LC or maybe baby hitting/headbutting your cervix. I've felt something like that a few times too. Could also mean that baby is dropping a little and sitting closer to your cervix, maybe? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I agree, probably baby hitting your cervix or getting close. This baby was freaking kicking my cervix until he finally flipped a couple of weeks ago - and now he likes to head butt my cervix while kicking my ribs, ugh!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• My nails have been growing really fast the past few weeks. It annoys me because I like to keep them super super short and I'm tired of trimming them all the time. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland - yes! Same here. Also my hair... which may be great if I didn't have so many grays. Now they are noticeable 3 weeks after I get my hair done. I might have to start box dying my hair between appointments.

@lurvleybunchococonuts - yes! It feels like baby is scratching my cervix (it's usually quite a bit more painful than a pap for me). Fortunately it's usually only 1-4x a day. Ouch!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Back contractions and cramping. Am I a terrible person if I hope it's less than three weeks til he gets here? Mom guilt sucks ass. 
  • @lifesabeach85 +1 to getting winded going up the stairs. I carried a basket of laundry upstairs this weekend and told DH he has to do it from now on because it was such a struggle to get up the stairs and breathe at the same time. 
  • @mockingjay1 Hopefully you're hydrating well, that prodromal labor stuff is exhausting.
    @wildrainbow no need for the mom guilt, it's been tough!
    @runningyogimama I hear ya, I've been walking my daughter to school and back every morning, feeling winded, and getting yoga in when I can. I'm literally the heaviest I've ever been and started buying maternity shirts that were a size bigger than the previous pregnancies. There's only so much we can do!
  • @mockingjay1 +1 for the hair! I've been growing my bangs (they were sideswept for anyone who might have a bangs objection :wink: ) out and just this morning noticed that they're almost down to my chin already. I will say, this is one of those occasions where I'm super thankful that I have natural blonde hair and no greys (that I know of). 

@runningyogimama Thank you for this post! I can't say I completely relate, because I'm 5' 11", but I've been gaining weight like crazy - despite keeping a pretty steady workout routine. I'm usually super in shape and planned to be superwoman for this pregnancy, until I found out it was twins. I tried to keep it up, but the past couple of weeks have been a struggle to get to the gym. The feet swelling has officially begun and I get winded just walking up the dang stairs! I feel HUGE and people keep saying things like, "Wow, you're not as big as I expected you to be." And I keep thinking, "Are you blind?! I'm freaking humongous!!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Leg cramps! 

They're so painful I'd like to saw my leg off and I can't even flex my foot when it happens to make them relax. :confounded:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(