May 2019 Moms

Symptoms - September

Re: Symptoms - September

• @ktk2tog your coworker probably has the embarrassing symptoms like gas and constipation, so she's totally not going to share those!

AFM - so, so tired. And indigestion. And yup, gas. I'm just lovely to be around right now  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • k2k2tog said:
    @expandcontract I'm generally pretty trusting, so I didn't even think that she might be lying! But... why? I am going to feel such relief when I can start to tell people and don't have to put on a face as much any more.
    Im a very trusting person,  too. It just amazes me when people lie for seemingly no reason.  I have to remind myself to not believe everything people say.  
    But to answer your question as to WHY.... some people just like to make others feel miserable. Like they don't want to admit defeat or something,  so they say and do stuff to make the other person feel less than themselves. 

• Anyone else dealing with restless legs yet? I can’t for the life of me get comfortable at night and I’m already using 3 king sized pillows between my legs and to prop me up. It’s too early for this  :s
  • Anyone else dealing with restless legs yet? I can’t for the life of me get comfortable at night and I’m already using 3 king sized pillows between my legs and to prop me up. It’s too early for this  :s
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Why do my hips and legs hurt so badly? I’m tossing and turning every night. There’s like no reason for this at 4 weeks!
  • @chloe97 I’m 5w3d and I’m dying!! I’ve been in bed for 3 hours and I’m pretty sure dh is ready to kick me out or move to the guest room to get some sleep! 
  • @kbrown2385 I dont think I have restless legs but I tossed and turned so much last night. I rolled over at one point for the millionth time and DH was staring at me wide eyed with a "I'M GOING TO LOSE IT IF YOU DONT STOP MOVING" kind of look. Hopefully we can all get comfy and get some better sleep soon!
  • @ibanezstarburst same, I’m having a hard time getting comfortable  :/

• YES, restless legs!!! OMG, they ache so much as soon as i hit the sack. You're not alone. 

• @ibanezstarburst I’ve been a hormonal mess lately too. It’s so so bad  :# I also toss and turn all night and have a hard time getting comfortable.

I’ve been thinking about getting a pregnancy pillow, but can’t decide if it’s worth the money for a good one or not. Anyone have one they love?
  • @msb615 I bought one Sunday and it’s arriving today! I’ll let you know how I like it. I’ve been struggling to get comfortable (I’m trying to train myself to sleep in my sidenfor later in pregnancy but it makes my hips hurt so bad)! Hopefully this gives me some hip relief!

The cramping is at has been unreal. I can’t tel if it’s constipation or my uterus since my uterus is off center towards my descending colon. I can’t get any relief unless I lay down and I don’t think my principal would approve of me laying down while I teach. Ugh! Can’t wait to have my students and parents know I’m pregnant so everyone is more understanding of my obnoxious symptoms!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @msb615 I had a pregnancy pillow when pregnant with my DD. IMO they are an unnecessarily expensive item and they target vulnerable pregnant women, lol. A regular body pillow would work just as good, if not better. 
  • @msb615 I may or may not already be using mine :grimace: H made fun of me but whatever, I like to be comfortable! I think it's worth the money, I have this one and it's currently half the price of what I paid for it last year. The top cover comes off and is washable. I've also heard great things about the Snoogle.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0153X1M14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @msb615 I used a regular body pillow with DS and then bought a Snoogle with DD. I wanted to love the Snoogle because it wasn't cheap, but I seriously hated it. I'm  going back to a cheapy body pillow this time.
  • @msb615 I loved my snoogle. I was sleeping fine without it but waking up with awful lower back pain. The first night I got it and for the rest of my pregnancy I felt great waking up. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2018
    @aels12 I'm pretty small (5'0"), so I wonder if it was just too much pillow for me? And it made me hot, since it wrapped around my body and MH is like a heater. 

Eta: word confusion.
  • k2k2tog said:
    @expandcontract I'm generally pretty trusting, so I didn't even think that she might be lying! But... why? I am going to feel such relief when I can start to tell people and don't have to put on a face as much any more.
    Im a very trusting person,  too. It just amazes me when people lie for seemingly no reason.  I have to remind myself to not believe everything people say.  
    But to answer your question as to WHY.... some people just like to make others feel miserable. Like they don't want to admit defeat or something,  so they say and do stuff to make the other person feel less than themselves. 

@k2k2tog my first reaction was that she was lying, too, but I figured it was more to not bring up the "unpleasant symptoms" at work. I'd definitely say "yes" but depending on who it was asking, just throw in "but you don't want to hear about it, promise." I know people who, for sure, would have said no just so that they wouldn't be asked to describe any of them and have to talk about it in "mixed" company.

@msb615 the snoogle is amazing!! Once I stopped BFing in the MOTN, I brought it back, even though I wasn't pregnant. I've been using it for months now but it's especially great now that I'm already dealing with pregnancy insomnia and such (no RLS thankfully!).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Today I woke up feeling great. It's making me nervous that all of my symptoms disappeared! 
  • @kvh22 oh yes,  that is true.  I just assumed it was someone she was closer to whom she said this to.  

• @mrskoz428 You’ll have to let me know how you like yours when it comes in! 

@thebobloblaw and @ruby696 I didn’t think about a cheap body pillow. I actually probably still have one at my parent’s house 😂

@DuchessOfCambridge Thanks for the link! That’s not a bad price at all. Always good to hear from a person that actually has it, and if you’re using it already, it must be heavenly! 

@aels12 and @kvh22 I’ve always heard good things about the snoogle! Does it not make you hot being wrapped around you like that? Also, is the $60 price tag worth it? We also have a queen size bed... would husband, me and snoogle all fit? 
  • I have to say I’m thankful for any symptoms i have or I am going to have, but holy nausea. I’m 6w2d, and I feel sick if I eat, or don’t eat. I feel sick off and on all dang day. I never had this when I had my daughter. I just felt sick at night. 
  • @msb615 and @ruby696 I always ran super cold before ds so it didn’t make me hot. Ever since I’ve had him I definitely run more on the hot side, so we will see how it is this time. We have a king size bed but it fit me, dh, the snoogle and two bed hog goldens without too much trouble!
  • I would say hormones are in full force.  I feel visciously mean. Everyone is pissing me off!
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @msb615 I don't get too hot. DH doesn't love the snoogle but he wants to sleep with his arm under my neck which never works for me (wake up with a crazy sore neck). It's cute for snuggling but I can't actually fall asleep like that. The snoogle is also where your head goes so he can't even try. I sleep with the body portion on the outside of the bed which I don't migrate too close to anyways so it works for us. We have a queen, DH has broad shoulders so takes up more than half the bed and it's no worse than without it space-wise. Also, I definitely didn't spend $60. Maybe I got it on sale somewhere?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @aels12 and @kvh22 good to know! I may have to give it a try if I can find it on sale. I just checked amazon really quick earlier. I never thought about putting the body portion on the outside.. that may be the game changer! Thanks ladies! 

• @poshspice I used to get that when i was little. It would happen whenever I couldn't breathe through my nose and I'd wake up with that coating in my mouth. I think it could be related to dryness.? 
    @expandcontract I don't really have dryness though. The problem is definitely the least horrible when I wake up in the morning and worsens throughout the day due to eating (I'm assuming food particles build up?). Certain foods make it worse: creamy (yogurt, mayo, ranch, etc.), sweet/sugary, and anything with vinegar. It's 100% caused by pregnancy. I snore and have allergy issues throughout the year that might cause me to wake up with a dry mouth, but I've never had this problem while not pregnant. 
    Ticker

• Ok, a very TMI question.

Does anyone else feel like they have diarrhea right in the morning just for one bathroom trip? This keeps happening to me every morning consistently around 6:30 and I'm totally fine the rest of the day. I had this last pregnancy too so I'm actually comforted by it (ha!) but I just want to know I'm not alone.

• @msb615 I got it at buybuybaby/bed bath and beyond so I used a 20% off coupon on it 
  • edited September 2018
    I swear I can smell everything! Is anyone else getting intense smell abilities?

I bet I could smell colors if I tried  :D  

• @DuchessOfCambridge I did have that for about a week right after BFP but now my body is going the other direction due to my lack of veggies (constipation). 

@psychobutthead I have yet to encounter a smell that doesn't repulse me. Sense of smell is definitely stronger, and everything smells so gross lol. 

Does anyone have the squatty potty? My last BMB was all about it, but I never got one. 
    Ticker

• @poshspice I don’t but I’ve had one sitting in my Amazon cart for a while

• @DuchessOfCambridge I unfortunately have more of the opposite problem...

@psychobutthead yes, I’ve also noticed heightened smell already starting. I dread all the smells.. that would be about the only thing (besides reflux) that would make me naseous my last pregnancy. 
  • @psychobutthead definitely have a dog-like sense of smell... it's definitely going to out me at work. There are so many disgusting scents in a high school hallway...
    kids with flags
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I definitely am experience random boughts of diarrhea! It’s so random? It’s usually at the end of the day, though!

@psychobutthead omg, the farts coming from my 4th graders today almost made me vomit! I can usually tolerate them some, but it was a wall of gas today! 
  • @brie_and_almonds and @mrskoz428 I feel you both.  DS is potty training and pooped his underwear.  Thought I was going to vomit everywhere. 

Does anyone else feel like they have diarrhea right in the morning just for one bathroom trip? This keeps happening to me every morning consistently around 6:30 and I'm totally fine the rest of the day. I had this last pregnancy too so I'm actually comforted by it (ha!) but I just want to know I'm not alone.
    I have this every damn day, but i also have IBS w/ D. I also drive a lot for work and it fucking sucks. 

This is me. Every morning. This also happened every day with my 2nd pregnancy, too. I'm usually irregular, and this actually comforts me as well. It's annoying that it happens so early in the morning, though.
  • edited September 2018
    @hutterflutter1019 omg me too. It’s normal for me to go every 3-4 days, but definitely not every day. Thank goodness there’s someone else out there like me. What a bizarre symptom!! ETA I remember it petering out after first tri but it’s just so odd. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge you may want to try taking a fiber supplement while you have these symptoms (ask your doc first). So i know people take fiber when they are constipated but fiber also helps form the stool,  too. It's good at regulating the amount of water needed in the stool.  
    This was recommended by my GI and it truly helps me.  

So today is the first day in about 5 weeks that I've felt this miserable.  As I've mentioned before,  I drive a lot for work.  Yesterday i drove about 75 miles.  Today 100 miles easily. Tomorrow im supposed to do the same.  My lower back is just killing me.  On top of this,  i also have this weird issue where if I work too hard,  my body starts protesting. Even if it's not physical work.  Like when i was in college,  every single finals week,  I'd get feverish,  chills, achy joints,  and just real weak.  And now with work,  whenever I have to put in long hours this happens.  That's what's happening today. Add that with restless achy legs, slight nausea,  slightly sore boobs,   headache, cramping...i feel pretty shitty. I might have to call in tomorrow to let my body rest.  

• So embarrassing. I’m in the first of two days at a leadership seminar. I was talking about a time my team worked together and how proud I was and I almost started crying. Now everything thinks I’m a nut job and I have to go back tomorrow for part 2.  :D