May 2019 Moms

Group 3 (EDD May 15-21) Check-In w/o 9.17

This check-in is for mommas due May 15-21~~

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be?

Re: Group 3 (EDD May 15-21) Check-In w/o 9.17

• Due date/W+D: 

5 weeks exactly, 5/20 for now

Apple seed

Still trying to get an appointment made for 7 week viability scan. Should be done with my blood draws for now I believe 

Rants/Raves?: 

Hcg levels more than doubled from wed to Friday! 

How are you feeling?: 

Exhausted and have insomnia at the same time. Wish I could get some quality sleep

Probably just anywhere by myself for some quiet alone time where I could maybe read a book

• Due date/W+D: 5/16 and 5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing now until October 2nd

Rants/Raves?: Still just annoyed with my red progesterone suppositories  

How are you feeling?: Just exhausted. I’m solo this week, so I’m a little worried about keeping up with DS all week long.

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? A beach. I would love to go back to Hawaii and spend the whole week just hanging out at the beach. 

• Loading the player...
  • @thebobloblaw I'm right there with you on the exhausted and insomnia front

Due date/W+D: 5/18, 5+2

Baby is the size of a(n): lentil

Any appointments? Questions?: not until 8 weeks

Rants/Raves?: BIL and SIL are visiting Wed-Mon. SIL doesn't drink for religious reasons so I actually think I'll be able to fly under the radar really easily. Either way, they wouldn't say anything to anyone if they suspected.

How are you feeling?: (see above) soooo tired! If I happen to be woken up by DD, DH, or just my tossing and turning, I can't get back to sleep. I took naps both days this weekend which was glorious

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? Somewhere in Southeast Asia, although if this were actually doable I'd have to research where. I loved Bali when we went but think I'd be too caught up in trying to figure out what was safe (to eat, for example) and what wasn't. Not being able to drink the water made me go way overboard as I've heard stories of melted ice in mixed drinks making people sick so I avoided all the nice, fruity cocktails. We went to Maui for our first and will probably go again but bring DD this time.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @DressageDarling Also solo this week, solidarity. 

Due date/W+D: May 21, 4w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppyseed

Any appointments? Questions?: Trying to make an appointment for 7 weeks when DH is back home.

Rants/Raves?: My mom is coming out at the end of the week to help while DH is gone and I have to figure out how to hide I'm pregnant from her. It's mostly hiding the cramps and exhaustion because I don't drink anyway, but my mom is super keen-eyed atm because she really wants that second grandkid. So ugh. 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Cramping. Some discharge freaking me out. Can I say tired again?

I really want to be on a beach somewhere, all inclusive. I want to sit by a pool, soak up some sun before winter creeps up on us, drink fruity drinks, read a book, eat yummy food I didn't have to cook and snuggle my husband without our toddler climbing on top of us.

• Hiya bumpies!  So excited to get to know you! 

@thebobloblaw have you tried unisom at all for the insomnia? It helps with the morning sickness too!  

Due date/W+D: May 18 - 5W 2D

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppyseed

Any appointments? Questions?: None until 8W.  I had a quick blood text last Monday (yup, Pregnant) and that's it.  They will do a quick dating/viability scan and then blood and other workups.  I am anxious until i can see that baby!!! 

Rants/Raves?: We are going on vacation in a little over 2 weeks to Austin City Limits Music festival.  I imagine at that time I will be smack dab in middle of feeling crappy.  I wanted to drink and have fun and we didn't expect to get pg until AFTER this vacay.  Oh well.  

How are you feeling?: Actually not that pregnant.  Mild nausea, cramping, and tiredness, but i'm used to being tired with my toddler.  My boobs don't really hurt, but i'm kinda chalking that up to just weaning my baby a little over a month ago.   It honestly makes me a little nervous for this pregnancy.....

My last pregnancy, I went on a pretty great babymoon at about 25-26 weeks, basically the sweet spot of feeling great in the second trimester.  We went to England for a long weekend to visit my late husband's family and it was so nice to see them, and then we went to Ireland for a week, rented a car, and tooled around the island.  We even stayed at a MFing castle.  I at breakfast and second breakfast and it was glorious!  Only downside was not really being able to drink all the good whisky and beer.  

This time around, I would just like for someone to take my toddler and for my husband and I to camp out at home in our underpants binging on netflix.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DressageDarling and @foodislove I’m solo this week too. My son might be getting some screen time this week lol

Due date/W+D: may 16/ 5 week 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sprinkle

Any appointments? Questions?: not until October for a dating scan

Rants/Raves?: I have to keep reminding my husband why I’m so exhausted. He keeps forgetting and guilting me for not doing as much because I don’t look pregnant yet 

How are you feeling?: exhausted but can’t sleep! What’s with that?! Sore boobs and had one night of cramping off and on but has since subsided 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? A zika free beach or spa vacation 

• Due date/W+D:  5/15 5+5

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed 

Any appointments? Questions?: sept 24 for 2ndultrasound.  Hoping we will see heartbeat then. 

Rants/Raves?:  none as of now 

How are you feeling?: tired, soo soo tired 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be?  We never took a baby moon with our first.  It would be nice to just not have to do anything and just relax. 

• Due date/W+D: May 20 / 5w + 0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Any appointments? Questions?: Trying to get in to see a midwife within the next couple of weeks. FTM here, so I have to find one. Maybe I should have done that before getting pregnant, but I didn’t expect to get pregnant so quickly!

Rants/Raves?: The Bump app does not play nice with my phone, which makes scrolling through Community posts frustrating at times. It’s worth it, though! It’s hard being so newly pregnant and not wanting to tell many people, but feeling crazy and a little alone a lot of the time.

How are you feeling?: Like several others, I’m exhausted but have insomnia! Luckily I’ve started being able to go to sleep easily again, but now I wake up 4-5 hours later like clockwork and can’t go back to sleep. It’s super frustrating, especially because I get so tired during the day I can barely function. I was worthless at work this morning. All I wanted was to sleep. I hope this goes away before too long. That’s the worst of it, though; super sore boobs and some queasiness that comes and goes are my other symptoms, but I can handle those for now.

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? Somewhere in Hawaii, probably Maui. I’m having a really hard time convincing DH, though. He’s not a beach person. I just want to go somewhere warm, since we’ll probably go in February, and Midwest winters can get pretty dreary. 

• Due date/W+D: May 19 / 5w + 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound and first dr appointment on Oct 2. 

Rants/Raves?: I just watched the new trailer for Mary Poppins and cried at my desk. Thanks, hormones. I also went to Trader Joe's earlier and bought so much random stuff. Can I blame hormones for that, too?

How are you feeling?: I am soooo tireddddddddddd! Seriously. Took naps on Saturday and Sunday, and I am struggling to get through this work day without a nap. Nausea coming on today, too. Pass the ginger tea!

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? I wish we could go somewhere in the Caribbean - we're on the east coast and that's so much easier than flying out to Hawaii! But evidently Zika is still a thing?! When I was pregnant with DD, people were just starting to freak out about it, so we ended up going to Sedona which was lovely. Who knows what we will do now - not the easiest to get away with a 2 y/o at home, but we promised each other we'd do something. It'll be even harder with 2 LOs!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: 

EDD May 17, 2019.... 5w3d

Apple seed!

First appointment is scheduled for next week 9/24

Rants/Raves?: 

Just not-so-patiently waiting for next Monday so we can hopefully see our bean and make sure everything is ok!

How are you feeling?: 

Tired!!! like absolutely exhausted tired, nauseous and hungry at the same time, bloatedddd.

Anywhere tropical where I could nap on the beach LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @bluesky24 Total cried this morning to the Mary Poppins trailer too.  GD hormones!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: 5 weeks 2 days; may 18

Baby is the size of a(n): lentil 

Any appointments? Questions?: blood draw soon, appointment on oct 9 (general check up). 

Rants/Raves?: it's just been an "eh" couple of days...nothing exciting or shitty! 

How are you feeling?: okay so far. Getting paranoid about random cramping but I feel fine otherwise and no accompanying symptoms so I'm just being paranoid. 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? Ireland/Scotland...on my bucket list forever. One day.

• Due Date/W+D?
    May 15th/5w5d

Baby size?
    Peppercorn

Rants/Raves?
    I wish my husband knew how to clean the house. He can pick up but he seems incapable of seeing the dirty spots and actually sweeping/mopping/dusting.

How are you feeling?
    Atrocious. Threw up twice yesterday and just got done dry-heaving. I've managed to choke down a bagel this morning, a thing of coconut water, a few liters of seltzer, some frozen blueberries, and about 15 ginger chews. 

What would your dream babymoon be?
    A spa day. If this is how I'm going to feel, I don't want to travel. Thankfully hubs and I went to Italy last year, so we can go ahead and call that a 'babymoon'. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Due date/W+D: 5/18, 5 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Any appointments? Questions?: no spots, waiting to hear back from my pcm for referral to ob

Rants/Raves?: nothing really. Happy to be feeling kind of pregnant

How are you feeling?: some backaches, sore nips, some heartburn and cramping 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? My dream trip whenever would be a river cruise through Europe. My dream baby moon would be a week or two off from my 3 year old. 

• @missmcgonnagal right! DH misses the most obvious stuff. We'll divide and conquer and he'll come into whatever room I'm in, looking physically exhausted like "ughhhh I'm done." I'll walk in and see 3 things he missed in the bathroom right away. It's the same stuff every time and I tell him (and still make him do it, he doesn't get off the hook) and he still can't figure it out the next time. Anyways, so sorry you're getting so sick.

• Due date/W+D:  5/16. 5 weeks +4

How are you feeling?: I'm an emotional basket case.  I rarely cry, but this week I'm all waterworks.  I found out today our foster child (6months) is being placed with a family member on Wednesday.  I know its good for him, but I'm so sad because I love that little boy.  Also, I swear my books grew a cup size overnight.  

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be?  We already had a trip to Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas (w/o our kids) scheduled for November before our surprise, so that will now double as a babymoon.  Right now there isn't a zika risk there, so praying it stays that way.

• @mvpa yeahhhhh, we’ve been watching Daniel Tiger this morning. I’ve been trying to cut back on screen time since DS starting throwing tantrums over it, but I am just beat. Thankfully, we are busy the rest of the morning and I’m usually feeling a little more energetic by the afternoon.
  • Due date/W+D: May 18th 5w3D

Baby is the size of a(n): an Appleseed

Any appointments? Questions?: My first appt isn't scheduled until October 8th...seems like so far away, but I get why they do it that way.

Rants/Raves?: I recently put in my notice at work and will be a SAHM starting Oct. 5th! We've been working towards this since my oldest was born almost 4 years ago. I'm excited for this new chapter but nervous too. I've worked about as long as I can remember so I'm sure it will take some adjusting to get used to working harder than ever for no pay! 

How are you feeling?: not bad, but I'm definitely having more symptoms with this pregnancy than with my other 2. My first 2 we're boys, and I'm convinced this one is a girl bc I've been nauseous and more tired than I ever was with either of the boys, and I'm only 5 weeks!

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be?  Anywhere really warm is good with me!

• @dreamingof3 Congrats on giving your notice! That's super exciting. The appointment right after is nice timing, too :)

• @kvh22 Thanks! Also, I noticed we have the same due date :) 
  • Due date/W+D: May 17 / 5w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a second blood draw on Monday, came back good. First appointment on October 1.

Rants/Raves?: Nothing really.  

How are you feeling?: Tired and a little stressed out.

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be?  Somewhere warm with virgin strawberry daiquiris and a beach 🏖 

• Due date/W+D: 5/15/19, 5 weeks, 6 days

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointment until 10/4

Rants/Raves?: none :)

How are you feeling?: good, tired. Hard to keep up with my 13 month old

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? Hawaii for sure! Either Oahu or Maui, we went to both on our honeymoon and are dying to go back! We went to San Diego with our first and it was so much fun.

• Due date/W+D: May 21/ 5w+1d

Baby is the size of a(n): nerd candy

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing yet!

Rants/Raves?: Weirdly relieved to have gentle cramping and nausea!

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good, but enough symptoms to not worry. 

GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? LOL  I have no idea... Maybe a weekend somewhere local away from the kids?  Maybe a weekend without kids and DH? LOL!  I honestly never think about it because childcare for my 2 already-outside kids and the cost.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Due date/W+D: may 15th/ 6 weeks Baby is the size of a(n): pea Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment today: Blood draw, pap, weight. Scheduled my ultrasound for 10/4 at 8 weeks. Rants/Raves?: Nothing at the moment How are you feeling?: exhausted! I teach first grade special education( this is second full week of school) and the kids are very busy! I would be exhausted anyways but then add pregnancy, 2 busy boys at home, and dh is in his busy season at work (14-16 hours 7 days a week) and I am passing out on the bed at 9 without getting to any of the house work. I am a little nauseous also and feel like I have to force down all food. Everything smells terrible too and I keep gagging on bad smells I nearly puked 3 times filling the dishwasher last night. All part of the fun I guess. GTKY: What would your dream babymoon be? Quiet cabin up in the adirondacks just dh and I. A fireplace and a good book and I’m sold.
  • Due date: 5/17/18
    Baby the size of a pea!
    Appointments: October 9th for first ultrasound.
    Rants/Raves/Feelings: Had my hcg levels looked at with blood testing and the number tripled in less than 48 hours. They are super high! I feel much worse (fatigue/nausea) than I ever have with my other pregnancies. A doctor friend of mine speculated it might be twins. I am nervous but excited. We've miscarried twice and have a 3-year-old daughter, so any number of babies would be welcome! 
    Dream babymoon: English countryside. Touring the footsteps of Jane Austen and Agatha Christie, mixed with lots of tea and naps. 
  • Due date/W+D: May 20, 5w 4d

Any appointments? Questions?: First appointment is scheduled for 10/10. New OB this go around, so we will have an ultrasound at 8 weeks instead of waiting until 20 weeks

Rants/Raves?: Insomnia when you’re exhausted is ridiculous. Work is really stressful right now and I woke up at 3 in the morning and couldn’t get back to sleep for several hours, and spent much of that time emailing my work account a to do list for everything that needs to be done today. 

How are you feeling?: Tired and emotional. Some “morning” sickness but not too bad yet.

If this pregnancy is anything like my last, probably just a week at home without DD. Traveling while feeling sick all day, everyday doesn’t sound great.