Infertility

Education day set up for IVF

Got education day and semen analysis set up for IVF for september 25th. 

Re: Education day set up for IVF

• GL to you! What questions do you plan to ask? I have one more IUI before IVF, and I’m trying to figure out what I should ask.
  • I am not sure what to ask really.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask them about their embryology lab! How many members, how long have they been there, do they have an on site lab director (good because the team has leadership), do they carry embryos to day 7, what's their cutoff for freezing. Day 7 embryos may be lesser quality than 5 or 6 but it's nice to know that they'll take them out that far if things aren't looking good, and you never know! Some labs also don't freeze poorer quality embryos but these I think have a chance also. Also ask how the lab communicates information, do they call, or send emails? 

Good luck!
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • embryoman said:
    Ask them about their embryology lab! How many members, how long have they been there, do they have an on site lab director (good because the team has leadership), do they carry embryos to day 7, what's their cutoff for freezing. Day 7 embryos may be lesser quality than 5 or 6 but it's nice to know that they'll take them out that far if things aren't looking good, and you never know! Some labs also don't freeze poorer quality embryos but these I think have a chance also. Also ask how the lab communicates information, do they call, or send emails? 

Good luck!
    Thank you. I will write these down so i don't forget. If you think of anything else we should ask let me know. this is first time doing IVF or even doing the education day for it. 
  • Anyone know any more questions we should ask?
  • Ask about PGS and costs? Whether they recommend fresh or frozen transfers? 
  • Ask about PGS and costs? Whether they recommend fresh or frozen transfers? 
    Thanks. I have a sheet with PGS and costs on it but we aren't doing PGS. 
  • Thanks for answering.