May 2019 Moms

Meal-Prep Monday 9/17

1. What did you cook up in the kitchen this weekend to prep for this coming week?
  2. As we are fully in our first trimester, did you discover any *fun* new food aversions this weekend?    
  3. GTKY - What’s your favorite food?

Re: Meal-Prep Monday 9/17

• 1. I meal prep on Sunday's and tuesdays.  Tuesday I prep and wash all my veggies and fruits.  Sundays I make everyones lunches for the week and my husbands breakfast. Just prepping my veggies and fruits helps me stay on track. 

2. I don't really want to eat.  I have to make myself pretty much.  I want beans though like badly!

3. Chinese food.  I love Chinese!
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• 1. We are the worst preppers. We got the meat for our dinners this week. But we are doing fish tonight, spaghetti & meatballs tomorrow, dinner @ church on Wednesday, Mini meatloaves with mashed potatoes on Thursday, and may eat out Friday.

2. No real aversions so far, more apathy toward all food. Yet, I'm hungry all the time.

3. French Fries!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
    1. What did you cook up in the kitchen this weekend to prep for this coming week?  Nothing.  I make my menu on Monday morning when I get to work so I can grocery shop during my lunch hour.
    2. As we are fully in our first trimester, did you discover any *fun* new food aversions this weekend?   Not over the weekend, but while watching Great British Baking Show last week, I discovered the idea of melting peanut butter was about enough to send me to the bathroom.  I don't think peanut butter is in my wheelhouse at the moment.
    3. GTKY - What’s your favorite food?  Sushi
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    1. What did you cook up in the kitchen this weekend to prep for this coming week? I don’t necessarily prep any food for the week, but I am working hard on budgeting (we are working the Dave Ramsey baby steps) and menu planning. I wrote out our menu for this week and did the weekly grocery shopping yesterday. Happy to say I came in under budget! 
    2. As we are fully in our first trimester, did you discover any *fun* new food aversions this weekend?    No aversions yet. Slight nausea in the morning and I noticed some as I started eating dinner last night, but was able to continue thankfully.
    3. GTKY - What’s your favorite food? Is carbs a food? Kidding...almost. If I could eat endless amounts of fresh baked bread for the rest of my life I’d be happy.
    1. What did you cook up in the kitchen this weekend to prep for this coming week? I’ve been kind of a pile lately so all I prepped was hard boiled eggs for snacks. But I did finally come up with a good lunch idea and got everythinh for that for the week. Our meals this week will be pesto chicken and broccoli mon/tues, sloppy joes wed/thurs and lasagna fri/sat
    2. As we are fully in our first trimester, did you discover any *fun* new food aversions this weekend?     Nothing really yet, which is great. Last time I had so many aversions! 
    3. GTKY - What’s your favorite food? pizza!
  • 1. I meal prepped like crazy this weekend so that I would have lunch and dinners done. I did a turkey taco bowl w/ ground turkey, corn, tomatoes, and brown rice for dinners and harissa chicken w/ Chickpeas and brown rice for lunches. I’m actually pretty excited to eat it all!

2. Nothing so far! I’m pretty glad. 

3. My favorite food is shahi paneer. I could eat that all day, every day. 
  • I'm not big for meal prepping, but I'm very proud to say that all week last week, DS and I did not cave and get fast food breakfast bc we were running late (a bad habit of mine) and we ate home-cooked meals for dinner. I was all proud thinking how much we saved, buuuut then we went to the Renaissance Fest over the weekend and I'm sure spent all that and more on food and rides. Oops. But I'd rather spend it on memories than junk food!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @kbrown2385 congrats on sticking to (AND coming in under!) budget! I budget about $200 a week on groceries. I'd like it to be lower but I've been buying organic when possible and we're able to make it work.

@aels12 pesto chicken and broccoli sounds good.
    1. What did you cook up in the kitchen this weekend to prep for this coming week? BIL and SIL are coming so I was planning to prep all of our veggies (for sides and DD's lunch) and sweet potatoes (ground beef tacos!) but ended up rabbit holing down organizing DD's room, where they will sleep, and sorting through the dining room table (the dreaded landing place of all the things). I did go to the farmers market and get tons of good stuff so I'm excited to actually roast them sometime today.
    2. As we are fully in our first trimester, did you discover any *fun* new food aversions this weekend?     Nope but ordered HelloFresh to be delivered next Monday so DH can cook as I will be 6 weeks and that's when the morning sickness and loss of appetite hit hard last time.
    3. GTKY - What’s your favorite food? Does brunch count? I love waffles and eggs and mimosas and...

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• “Healthy” Chicken enchiladas yesterday with leftovers today for DD and me (DH is out of town).  Beef stew in the crockpot I’m going to make enough for two days and Greek tostadas from SkinnyTaste cookbook. We’ll see how they turn out. Friday and Saturday we usually get takeout or go out. But generally try to cook during the week. 

Food aversions: oddly sweets. Give me all the carbs and fats but no sweets. 

Favorite food:  truffle French fries with Parmesan cheese  <3
  • OMG, Ladies! You all are making me so hungry with your favorite foods!! I now have a ridiculously huge craving for Chinese and French fries with parm. Thanks, @psychobutthead and @jessica41879 I shouldn’t have added that GTKY! :lol:

For my house, I didn’t get much meal prepping done this weekend as we were out in the woods. BUT, I did make a huge pot of taco meat for lunches and started the crockpot going with a chicken, veggie, wild rice soup for tomorrow night and Wednesday for DH (who surprised us all and came home tonight!!) and DS as I will be busy at school for parent night and a committee meeting. I also purchased only what was on my grocery shopping list when I went to the store because I was feeling nauseous and didn’t want to think of actually eating anything except the crackers I had packed in my purse.

Food aversions? Yes. I couldn’t do chicken last time until around 20ish weeks and that’s rearing it’s head again. I barely could get through prepping the crockpot soup but it’s DH’s favorite and I’m beyond thrilled he’s home so I had to suffer through it.

Favorite food? TACOS!! People think I joke when I say that I eat something inspired by tacos everyday, but I’m deadpan serious. Tacos are life. Life.
  • @MaggieG183 haha. At least you are having cravings. I seriously don't want to eat. Nothing sounds good and I don't crave really anything.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @psychobutthead problem is though as soon as I actually get to having food in front of me to eat, it’s disgusting. I can’t do it. So sad. I’ve lost 5 lbs so far and I’ve only upchucked twice. Just huge cravings but zero follow through.