May 2019 Moms

Spotting Support Group **Possible TWs

Anyone else spotting, bleeding, or in limbo, waiting to see which way things are going to go?

Share your stories, and let's support each other.

Re: Spotting Support Group **Possible TWs

• I'll go first. 

I got my first BFP mid-day last Sunday at 10 DPO. It was incredibly strong, way darker than the control line.  Thursday (day after missed period), I started spotting a brownish dark red and having light cramps. Called OB and they did an ultrasound, but didn't take betas. (WHY?!? I do not get that decision...) Of course it was way too early to see anything on ultrasound, but they did see "free fluid in the cul de sac" and the doctor thought I might have had a tiny cyst that ruptured and was causing the spotting and cramping. Doctor told me she really thought everything was fine and to come in for another scan in two weeks (I would be 6 weeks).

I've been spotting ever since - going on day 5. Sunday cramps got a little worse and then it turned into veryyyyyy thick bright red blood and clots. BUT. Pregnancy symptoms are still on. BFPs are still as strong as the first. And it is still not that heavy at all (just enough for a panty liner). I've had a chemical pregnancy before, and this just isn't anything like it.

I'm so confused and tired of being in limbo. Obviously hoping for the best, but wishing I had an answer either way. I'm annoyed with my doctor's office for doing a $200 ultrasound that determined absolutely nothing but not taking betas to see if they are doubling. 

Not really looking for "answers" here, because I know no one on the Internet would have any more clue what is going on with my body than I or my doctor does. But, I just wanted to rant. Anyone else in the same boat want to have a pity party with me about being in limbo? 
  • @strickland8052 aww that is so frustrating I would be so confused too! Did you see if they would do your betas asap now or did they say wait till your next scan?

I am in limbo myself...not sure if this pain is worrisom (right lower pelvic...similar to my last ectopic or if it is gas). Tbh this pain has been ongoing all year even before pregnancy but it is more pronounced now.

Light pinkish brown spotting. 5 wks today. So needed this spotting discussion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Jess4us! I didn't ask them if they would do my betas. It just didn't come up. :( I guess I could ask them. I'm just constantly feeing like a loss is right around the corner, so it feels like what is the use? But then the doctor seemed really optimistic, so I don't know.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with that pain and spotting! Have you told your doctor yet? If you had it before, it sounds like it is an existing problem exacerbated by pregnancy. Probably fine! :) 
  • @strickland8052 @Jess4us I'm so sorry about the worry you going through. Hopefully all the babies stick around for strong, healthy U/S in the next few weeks.

I've had brown/pink discharge since yesterday. It's freaking me out, gonna be honest, because I had zero spotting or discharge with my first pregnancy. DH is handling it worse than I am. I told him we'd know better in a few days, but he's a wreck. The cramps along with it aren't helping, even though I remember the cramps from last time, I don't remember them being this severe. 
  • I also have been having a little bit of spotting/bleeding. In week 4 I had a fair amount of brown spotting and then some red spotting after a BM, called and my OB said to just monitor. In week 5 I also had some brown discharge with a little bit of red after a BM and they drew a beta last Wednesday and it was over 26000 and then on Friday it was over 33000. I feel like my number are pretty good. I haven't really been having any crazy cramping, just a little bit of lower abdominal discomfort. I am hoping that my cervix is just really irritated. Today, my discharge is like a dark yellow ( I wouldn't really officially call it brown but it is a little darker). I have an U/S on Friday and I cannot wait. Fingers crossed for all of us!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Ugh, yes, the spotting is so stressful. I started spotting at CD 24, so I assumed it was implantation bleeding when I got a BFP. But then it continued for five days. It has finally stopped, but I keep waiting for it to start again. I did not spot with DD or DS, so this feels like a bad sign. I know many women have had spotting and have had healthy pregnancies, so I'm hoping that's the case for me now. Or maybe my cervix was just irritated. 
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited September 2018
    My brown discharge has turned into red period-like thickness. I'm really upset. Trying not to cry at work. DH is gonna wanna turn around from his work abroad trip and come home and he's not even there yet, he's still on the damn plane. He didn't want to go on the trip if this was a loss and I tried to be confident and tell him to go, that changes were low and I don't know what to think. I even just emailed him an hour ago saying I was feeling better. 

I can't take off from work. I was just out sick for a week and a half. I just made my 8 week appt scan. Someone tell me they've had period like discharge and were fine. I'll go grab a preg test tonight, I guess? Not sure what to do or tell DH.

Edit: I should add that the nurse isn't in at my doc's office today, so no one to ask. 
  • I had pink spotting for about 24 hrs over the weekend along with some very period like cramping. Nothing on a liner, only when I wiped. It really freaked me out because I wasn’t having other symptoms really. Only 5w5d when it happened, and now a couple days later I am having no more spotting along with some waves of slight nausea. I’m not sure if my doctor’s office would even see me at this point. I never had spotting with my first so my mind immediately went to a bad place. This whole process can be unnerving, even if you’ve done it before!
  • @foodislove you could have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I'm not saying that's what it is, but there are other causes of bleeding in pregnancy besides miscarriage. You can always go to the ER (are you in the US?) after work if the bleeding continues, but just know they don't always have the best bedside manner. I'm really sorry you're going through this.
  • @foodislove I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Every situation is different but I had period like bleeding like you at about 5 and a half weeks this pregnancy and none with my DD. It lasted a day and half followed by a week of spotting brown and pink discharge. They wanted to see me right away when I called, and since it was too early to really see much on an ultrasound they drew blood over the course of three days to make sure my hcg levels were rising appropriately. They were. They still don’t know what caused it. My first ultrasound will be next week. I’m still nervous. I know that every situation is different,  but I’m sending good thoughts your way.  I know you mentioned the nurse is out but if you can get a hold of the doctor or anyone else in the group I would recommend that.
  • ruby696 said:
    @foodislove you could have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I'm not saying that's what it is, but there are other causes of bleeding in pregnancy besides miscarriage. You can always go to the ER (are you in the US?) after work if the bleeding continues, but just know they don't always have the best bedside manner. I'm really sorry you're going through this.
    Thanks on the ER, but I can't. No family or friends around nearby, and DH is on a plane. I can't take DS with me, he's only 2. I know if I call the doc they'll just tell me to monitor. But thanks. I'll try to remain positive til tonight and just... keep DH in the dark for now. I feel awful even thinking it.
  • @foodislove One thing my midwife has told me in the past with spotting is to make sure to drink lots of water. I'm not sure what that does other than generally reduce stress on your body, but I thought I'd mention it.

I hope this turns out to be nothing. I'll be thinking of you today.
  • @strickland8052 the fact that the dr is optimistic is a major good sign I think  :):) keep us posted! Sending you good wishes

@foodislove I am sooo sorry ...what a tough spot to be in and trying to manage your needs and the needs of your family.  My colleague delivered a healthy baby but from early on she would bleed even when she walked a bit too much. It is so strange how our bodies respond to pregnancy sometimes but I hope your answer comes soon!
  • @foodislove - So sorry that you are going through this too! 

Update: The thick clots stopped. Now just pink spotting? But I broke down and bought more pregnancy tests. Accidentally bought blue ones. They are lighter than my pink ones were a few days ago, but still a strong positive. Not sure if they are lighter because of drop in HCG or because they are a different kind of test. Seemed like a good idea at the time.. now it just adds to the confusion. In reality, I know I just need to stop the testing all together because it probably doesn't mean anything either way. 
  • I had spotting during week five, very light and it was brown. Then week 6 nothing, but this morning at 7+1 had some more. I think it could be from sex and/or just more placenta attachment displacing old blood. Cramps have been only occasional and very mild, plus occasional RLP to the sides after standing or lying down. Hoping everything is fine ugh. 
  • I started spotting on Friday at 5 weeks 2 days. Mostly brown and very light, not enough to hit a liner but there when I wiped. I freaked out. This pregnancy is from a FET cycle and our first success so I am extra sensitive and worried about everything. I’m not sure if it was stress related or what but by Saturday morning my heart was racing I was dizzy and having stabbing pains along with the brown discharge. My RE ended up sending me to urgent care and urgent care sent me to the ER. All tests came back normal, ekg was fine, my beta was 10k (up from 7k the previous day), and they saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. Despite all of these positive signs I am still terrified and still spotting. I keep feeling very dizzy and my heart keeps racing. Waiting for a call back from my RE for a follow up. 
  • @foodislove I am so sorry you are going through this. Big hugs!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry @foodislove . Thinking of you. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @foodislove I’m thinking of you  <3 
  • @foodislove thinking of you. So sorry to hear you are going through this.  
  • @foodislove I am so sorry. Thinking of you.  <3
  • @foodislove I’m so so sorry you’re going through this, especially with DH out of town. I am thinking of you  <3 
  • @foodislove I am sitting in hospital and we may end up in the same boat babe. I am so sorry but know you are not alone💗

@dAsch14 thank you for the encouraging words! They help!
  • Thinking of you too @Jess4us
  • Thinking of you both @Jess4us and @foodislove. I’m so sorry this is happening.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @foodislove and @Jess4us thinking of you both, I'm sorry that you both are going through this.

• Thank you for your sweet thoughts ladies 🌷 It hasn't even been very long but the support I feel in this group is means a lot!
  • I'm so sorry @foodislove. I know the pain and disappointment you're experiencing and wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

Three of my losses were around 6 weeks and each time I got pregnant directly after. That sounds awful, I know, but the rainbow to this story is that after the last loss I became pregnant with what is now a beautiful, healthy, 18 month old boy.
  • @jess4us and @foodislove I'm so sorry. I don't have any words of advice but we are here for you. Im praying for you both and for all of us to have healthy happy take home babies in/ around May. 

• @foodislove @Jess4us I’m so sorry you are going through this and I’m hoping with all my heart it turns out ok for both of you. 
  • @foodislove and @Jess4us - i am so sorry you are both going through a difficult time. Sending you all my love. <3

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Jess4usJess4us member
    edited September 2018
    Update for you lovely ladies sending thoughts and wishes:

Today I am 5 wks 1 day

I was at the hospital and my betas are more than doubling (I am up to over 2500 from 220 which was 6 days ago)

The transvag and pelvic ultrasounds found a 5 mm sac in the uterus with no yoke or fetal pole... they said it either means we are early or the baby implanted elsewhere and this is a pseudosac....gosh I was hoping for something more definitive.

I go back on Friday for blood and scan.

My discharge is still pinkish brown and my right side (lower pelvis) is stilk tender and sometimes aches.

I will give another update on Friday.

@foodislove how are you doing?
  • @Jess4us fingers crossed for you

• This sounds like good news, @Jess4us. Fingers crossed, prayers said, good vibes, all of that...
  • Thinking of you @Jess4us and @foodislove!! Sending love and creepy internet hugs.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @Jess4us I just had an Ultrasound At 5 weeks and 2 days and saw a sac and the start of a yolk sac (which they said they could only see that because of their new machine- they don’t usually see that so early) so they saw exactly what they should have seen.  Fingers crossed it continues in a positive direction.