Pregnant after IF

3rd Tri Check-In w/o 9/17

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY:  Are you completely done with all the baby prep?
  • Don't forget about HDBD or PIP your nursery!
  • If you're just joining us please post a: 
  • Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
  • Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have
Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below:
@BusinessWife EDD 9/9 team green
@adirat EDD 9/15 with a little boy
@chicandbubbly EDD 10/1 with a little girl
@halfanewt EDD 10/3 team green
@klyn7 EDD 10/6/18 team green
@Dragonfly6191 EDD 10/12 b/g twins!
@wildrainbow EDD 11/11 Eviction Date 10/22 for this little boy!
@mag1cbeli3ver EDD12/1 with a little boy!
@Joslynj11 EDD12/1 B/G Twins!

Re: 3rd Tri Check-In w/o 9/17

• How far along?
    32+1

How are you feeling this week?
    I am sick again. I ended up in L&D last night to check on my breathing because I couldn't get a full breath. Luckily, all came back ok. I have another UTI and I'm a little nervous about it since I think I will end up back in the hospital for IV meds. I'm just over it. Every two weeks I get a UTI and my last one the dr said rocephin was my last shot to keep out of the hospital. 

Appointments?
    I start my twice weekly NSTs and BPPs this week. Appts Tuesday and Thursday. 

GTKY: I'm not anywhere near done. Considering that I'm delivering at most 4 weeks out, I really need to get on it. 
  • How far along? EDD?
    29 weeks 2 days - EDD December 1st!! That's 2 months and 2 weeks away... 

How is everyone feeling this week? 
    Feeling decent but definitely getting worn down a lot easier. And I'm sure the insomnia isn't helping with that. Actually had a solid 5-hour stretch of sleeping last night, though, which was amazing!

Any upcoming appointments? 
    Had a regular OB check-up on Friday and everything looked good! Baby was measuring about 2 weeks ahead according to fundal height, but I know that isn't all that accurate, so I'm not concerned. Next OB check-up is next Thursday.

GTKY:  Are you completely done with all the baby prep?
    Haha! Nope! I'm actually way ahead of the game (I think). Our nursery has been 90% set-up for the past month or two (pics in spoiler) b/c I wanted it done before the semester started. We have the essentials in place - a crib, a car seat, a stroller, and lots of diapers and wipes! I still need to order my breast pump and get all the stuff that goes with breast feeding, and I figure I'll wash all the clothes we've received after the shower. There are still little things to do and to get, but I'm not really worried about it. I still have over a month until my shower and I'm hoping that will round-out most of what we don't already have.

Our theme is (very loosely) The Lion King. Mostly going with the yellow, green and brown Savannah colors.

More has been done since these pics, too. We have the crib mattress in, and a rug. And his initial letters are up on the wall. But this is basically what it looks like! 

Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow So sorry you have to keep dealing with the uti's and such. Did this happen with your 1st pregnancy as well? Hoping you can keep everything at bay! Are you stuck in the hospital, or do you still get to be at home? 

@BusinessWife Hope you got good news at your check-up this morning and they didn't pressure you into an induction. Can't wait to hear updates on your progress and baby's progress!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• **lurking*** @BusinessWife thanks for the update. I check to see where you are all the time!! Thinking of you!  
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• @prudence9-2 yay!!!!! Getting so much closer. Excited for you. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @prudence9-2 yay! Welcome!!!

@BusinessWife sounds close to me! Hope the little one decides to make an entrance before Wednesday night! 

@mag1cbeli3ver look at you go! We need to up our nursery game. Everything is now washed, but sitting in a giant pile. Oops. 

@wildrainbow sorry you’re sick again :( keep us posted on your T/Th appointments... 

as for me:
    • How far along? EDD? 37+5, 10/3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Did a 10k yesterday (with cake and donuts at the aid stations, so not at all formal) and walked a lot of it. Pelvis is def sore today. Oops. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? MW tomorrow, Massage Friday! 
    • GTKY:  Are you completely done with all the baby prep? Haha, nope. Still need to figure out the cloth diaper thing and set up the changing table and and and... I see a busy weekend in my future! 
  • @halfanewt. Squeee!  CDs!!!

I will say, the best thing about going long here, is I have had all the time to diaper prep.  All my aios are good, (including some that needed several washes to prep), and I'm currently working on the prefolds, boosters, and fitteds... They are saying a range from at least 3, to 5-6, to up to 8 washes to achieve max absorbancy!!!  So far we are four rounds deep, so I am absolutely thrilled, and we'll see if we hit the 5-6 mark, or up to 8 even.  Last thing for me is to choose a selection of covers to start out with (cos i have like, a bazillion, and DH wants me to leave lots of the tags on), maybe wash/lanolize the kitty bitty wool even, and then just set up the actual stations (baby's room for the main upstairs, but also a station down in the pack n play.)

Let me know if you have any fluff-related questions!!!  How far along are you in your gameplan?
  • prudence9-2prudence9-2 member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks @BusinessWife @Holls214 I really can’t believe I made it here!! So excited!!

@halfanewt massage sounds soooo good!!!
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• @BusinessWife that is awesome! You sound super prepared!
    I have links to resources from a few friends who have used them, a bag of gifted CDs from a colleague (now all rewashed!) and a diaper sprayer. That is all. Lol. I’m thinking the figuring out is the project for this weekend, but it just seems overwhelming. If you have a starter site or advice, I’d love to hear it! 
  • @halfanewt. That is an awesome start!  Do you have a list of what's in your gifted stash?  And/or pics?  That's a great jumping off point so you can go from there, filling in any gaps... ;)  There are tonnes of resources available, but it can also get overwhelming pretty quickly, so that's why I'm curious what you already have...
  • Hi all, just giving an update after my appt. I am in the hospital at least overnight for IV antibiotics due to being sick and my chronic UTI. They took labs to check my liver as well. They had to get anathesia to put in my IV because my veins kept blowing, even tho I am not showing signs of dehydration. Hopefully, I'm not having a baby this week. 
  • @wildrainbow oh no! I also hope you won’t have the baby this week. Good thing you’re at the hospital where they can monitor you!
    hope you feel better soon!
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.

• @wildrainbow  oh no!  Stay put baby!!!  Will be thinking of you and hope all is well with you and baby. ❤  At least you are there in the most wonderful place on Earth, right??? ;)  (((hugs)))
  • @BusinessWife Yeah, it's super wonderful, my butt is already hurting from the bed, sigh
  • @BusinessWife gotcha! 
    A list (as best I can figure it out) and a photo are below. Any help is much appreciated :) 

19 bum genius - no size listed
    1 bum genius - xs
    1 thirsties - size 1 
    12 fuzzibunz - size large 
    1 fuzzibunz - size small 
    14 large (?) inserts 
    1 medium (?) insert
    4 small (?) inserts 
    12 cloth wipes? 

• @wildrainbow hope baby stays put and you start feeling better soon! 
  • Hang in there @wildrainbow, hugs! ♥️ Sending good thoughts through the internet.... @BusinessWife good luck this week thinking of you!! Did anyone ever hear from @sarcasticowl?
  • @prudence9-2 and @Ilky So glad we're all up in the 3rd tri now! Not much longer to go! Exciting, but scary...
    @wildrainbow I'm sorry you didn't have a good appointment! I really hope things calm down and that your appt tomorrow goes better!
    @halfanewt a 10k? @ 37 weeks pregnant? You are amazing!!!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @Ilky it actually makes sense that GD is worse. And this time is when women usually get tested. So it makes sense that my GD is getting much stronger. As the placenta is bigger. 
    Sorry to hear your hip pain is back. I have hip pains at night. 

@mag1cbeli3ver yeah!!! So excited to be here!!!

• Bad news :( I got tested positive for Group B, and I hate taking antibiotics (they ruin my immune system and increase yeast). And, they wont let me birth at the birthing center at the hospital bc they deem me high risk due to blood clotting disorder. I'm so bummed and have been so sad since I learned the news last night. :(

The only good thing out of the conversation with midwife was that I passed the glucose test. 
  • @Ilky So sorry to hear about the Group B and the antibiotics and the birth center! I would be really bummed out too. But at least the drs are aware of everything and they'll be able to keep you and baby nice and healthy through L&D. And that's awesome that you passed the glucose test!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @businesswife congratulations!!! I’ve been waiting for this update. So glad to hear you have a daughter and everyone is alright. Take care of yourself during your recovery xo 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @businesswife so so happy to see your update. Congratulations on your sweet bundle of joy. 48hrs of labor?!? Girl you are one hell of a trooper. Wishing you a smooth recovery and wonderful bonding with that sweet little girl.  I don’t think there is anyways to describe that whilwhin of emotions from welcoming a child. Hugs my new mama friend :)
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Congrats @BusinessWife! I thought my 30-hour labor that became a c-section was rough, but 48?! Hope you get as much rest as possible and take care of yourself! Ask a nurse about a bellybinder (it’s a  Velcro strap that goes around your belly). It’ll help with healing. It hurt less getting out of bed. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @BusinessWife
    Congrats!! 48 hours! Wow! 

My girl's 6 months this wednesday and I still tear up over things...it's just amazing to have reached this point in the journey and I feel so overwhelmed by all of it sometimes. <3<3
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @BusinessWife congratulations!! So excited for your update! Wishing you speedy recovery and lots and lots of baby snuggles :) 
  • @BusinessWife so happy for you congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pics, great job pushing through you did a great job! 
  • @BusinessWife So happy to read this update. Congratulations!!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @BusinessWife Congrats mama on welcoming and finally getting to hold your little girl! It's such a special moment!!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• @BusinessWife I've been thinking about you! So happy to see this update! Praying for a smooth, easy recovery. Enjoy snuggling your sweet girl!
  • @BusinessWife Congratulations to you, your SO, and baby girl! How amazing! And 48 hours - you are one tough mama! I hope you get some time to recuperate and enjoy all the snuggles
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• @BusinessWife congrats! So happy to see your updates. But wow, 48 hours! I can’t even imagine!!!

• @businesswife- congrats! I remember when you had your CP last fall and then your transfer worked around Christmas! Crazy that baby is here already, and I am SO happy everything is alright after what sounds like a stressful delivery!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @BusinessWife so happy to see this update! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. Take time to heal and enjoy the cuddles!
  • @BusinessWife Congrats on the little girl!! Hope you're all doing well
  • *lurking from 1st tri thread* congratulations @BusinessWife! So happy for you!!!!!!