Infertility
Options

Endometriosis and Lapo

Hi ladies! I've had 1 IUI and 1 timed intercourse to no avail. The IUI our numbers were perfect he said and my RE is honestly at a loss why we are not getting pregnant left and right. He suggested laparoscopy due to my periods and thinking it might be endometriosis. So on Oct 5TH I will be having my surgery and nervous as heck about it. Any of you ladies had it done before and what was your experience? Did any of you get pregnant without IVF after surgery. My RE says I'm not a candidate for IVF but I'm getting nervous and just hope this endometriosis is the reason.

Re: Endometriosis and Lapo

• Options
    With your doctor saying you're not a candidate for IVF - that leads me to believe that he suspects you have stage one or two Endo and surgery should help you out there. Surgery with stage 3/4 isnt suggested. I'm surprised at how aggressive they are being! One IUI round and one TI round? I know it looked perfect but even for the average completely healthy individual, it's only a 20% chances of getting pregnant each month. TW**********For what its worth - I was told to go straight to IVF with Stage 4 endo but we started with IUI because my periods were still regular/tubes were still clear and 2nd IUI with an anti inflammatory diet was it for us. Best friend had stage 1 endo, had surgery and was pregnant with triplets next cycle (she did an UN -MONITORED cycle of clomid after with an OB after surgery - my RE said she would never have done that!). Hope the surgery gives you some answers!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    Thank you so much! I just turned 33 and my husband is 41 and I told him I'm not wasting anymore time or money lol. I work at a catholic hospital and I get zero coverage but he writes off a lot to bad periods but cannot with the IUI. My tubes and numbers are great and my husband sperm is good too for his age. He has 2 kids from a previous marriage but the youngest is 15. He had me on letrozole with my IUI and I wonder what the game plan is moving forward after this. He's a no nonsense doc. which I like. I'm just nervous about my surgery... I haven't been under like that in over 10 years for wisdom teeth. I just wonder what day 1 will be like on surgery day. Thank you for your reply! :) baby dust to ya!