Infertility

Oct 2018 FET

Re: Oct 2018 FET

• mkr_0128mkr_0128 member
    edited September 2018
    Hi ladies!! Some of you I recognize, some of you are new to me :) 

I am doing the October/November FET cycle at my clinic, but I think the actual transfer may be early November. (I haven't gotten any actual dates yet.) AF came today and I'm waiting a call back from a nurse to confirm that I can start BCP again either tomorrow or Thursday. My protocol consists of Estrogen pills, lupron injections, and PIO!

Quick catch-up: I'm 27, DH is 28. We have been TTC for 3 years, and started infertility testing in February 2017. Since then we have done several SA's and attempts at hormones/medications. We had a MESA in July 2018 with no sperm found. We are now using donor sperm. Our first IVF cycle was just started in August, and my ER was last Thursday. Due to my progesterone being too high at the end of stims, my cycle was canceled and we have to do a freeze all and wait to do a FET with the next cycle. I had 16 eggs retrieved last week, 16 mature, and 14 fertilized. I get the call Thursday with how many made it to freeze!! 

Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to start hearing some good news  :)
  • @hereforthebabies welcome and GL on baby #2

@leilee101 mine is a little different since it was ectopic but on the day I had the methotrexate shot to terminate the pregnancy, my hcg was 707. It took 29 days to get to 13 and they said I didn’t need to come back. 

@mkr_0128 how are you feeling after the ER?  FX for good news on Thursday!  Are you doing PGS testing?

AFM, baseline ultrasound was normal so I start 10 units of Lupron tomorrow and take my last bcp on Sunday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplg8r I felt great after the ER, other than still feeling bloated! I'm very anxious for Thursday, but hopeful we will have a few left! We aren't doing PGS testing... I don't know a whole lot about it, and it was never recommended...

Yay for starting lupron!! 
  • @ndz2018 Ugh - I know exactly how you feel. My AF is always stubbornly refusing to show. I've read that sex is the best home method of bringing it on - so get busy :wink: I also had success once with an acupuncture session bringing it on - but it was going to come at some time either way so it's hard to know if that was just coincidence or not! It's so frustrating though...
    @mkr_0128 Welcome and congrats on the ER! Those numbers sound great - all fingers crossed for Thursday for you. With your age and using donor sperm I'd have been surprised if they recommended PGS - it's generally recommended for women who are a bit older or have identified potential genetic issues. And it's expensive - so don't worry about that :)
    @purplg8r Yay for good baseline - you're on this road <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @roisis I'm super frustrated about it! Which I'm sure isn't helping. My appointment is friday with the RE if I haven't gotten it by then I'll have her do some blood work and see whats going on and potentially take something to induce it:(

@cscronce Welcome!! Lovin all the Oct birthdays!! Mine is Oct 4th :smile:

@mkr_0128   Welcome and congrats on  your ER! FX for a great freeze report!!!

@purplg8r YAY for baseline and no more BCP!!!
  • Thank you @roisis and @ndz2018!! I will update as soon as I get the call tomorrow! 

Welcome @cscronce :) hoping your last 2 embryos do the trick for you! 
  • sjtsm1919sjtsm1919 member
    edited September 2018
    I see we have a new column CD1...what do you consider the first day of your cycle? I started Lupron today - BTW I should be an expert by now, but this time really hurt! actually the tiny needle did not go in at first, I had to try on another spot.  Should today be considered CD1 or is it the baseline U/S before starting the patches?
  • @cscronce welcome!  Are you going to transfer both embryos at the same time?

@mama2b1974 I started Lupron today and thought the same thing!  It hurt more than I remembered 
  • Welcome to Lucky month October-18 FET @mkr_0128 and @cscronce! FX for your thursday call @mkr_0128 and it looks like we !
    @mama2b1974 that's a good question! should we consider 1st of period CD1 or when we start with the FET protocol, because for me it won't be Lupron but Estrace, so can you clarify @roisis as what you want us to put for CD1
    @ndz2018 so sorry AF is playing game with you right now, FX she will come by Friday and in a meantime try to get some sleep, please!
    @purplg8r yay no more BCP! maaaaaaaaaan I hate this thing, I still have one more week :( after this week. Glad, you can start on Lupron, that's one more step closer to BFP! whoop whoop!
  • @mama2b1974 I added in CD1 "Cycle Day 1" just to give an indication as to when everyone is starting their cycle. It's the first day of red blood flow - or whichever way your clinic tells you to monitor it - mine always says to make the call at 3pm - if red blow flow is before 3pm - that's CD1 - if it's after 3pm - the following day is CD1.
    @cscronce Welcome! Yay for more October birthdays :)
    @ndz2018 Ugh - so sorry - I hate that waiting! Any spotting even? I really hope you get it today <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @roisis Nope, nothing!  :(:( My appointment with the RE is tomorrow I wish my body would cooperate for once and show up tomorrow.

TW So yesterday my niece was born. My SIL struggled with recurrent MC herself and this was her IVF baby. The same day I had my ER back on Dec 29, 2017 she did her FET, at the same clinic , and with the same doctor lol. But that just goes to show you how long I’ve been waiting for my FET! I’m super happy for my bro and SIL just a lil sad for me End TW.
  • Yes we are putting both embryos back. We used 2 and got our son. My RE said there was no bad choice of whether to put one or both based on my age (36) at the time of freezing.

Also our first IVF was completely out of pocket through WinFertility. Actually, we just paid the last payment last month. Thanks goodness I was able to borrow from my 403B, which meant I paid myself back. This time my insurance from work gives a $7,000 lifetime fertility benefit after a $2,000 deductible. It’s not much but it’s better than nothing at all. Thank goodness I put money in my health savings account. I had to pay $2100 OOP for my FET.

My protocol includes BCPs, Estrace, Azithromax, Meldrol and PIO. All the meds except the PIO was sent through my normal pharmacy and I had to pay $15. My insurance will cover the PIO although I have been warned to be careful because the company my clinic uses (Fertility Pharmacy of America) tries to increase the prices of meds if you have insurance. i will also have to pay OOP for acupuncture. I will have one visit per week and as I get closer have two per week. Then there is the acupuncture treatment that is done right before and after my transfer and any other treatments if I get a BFP.

Sorry for the long message but people usually don’t understand the tremendous stress, anxiety and financial costs associated with IF. I don’t regret it at all but it can be a lot. 
    Married 11 years. PCOS; TTC since 2009; 3 unsuccessful IUIs;
    New RE. First & Hopefully Last IVF November 2013.
  • Best of luck with your appointment @ndz2018. I can imagine how you must have conflicting feelings about your new niece. My bro and SIL have had 3 babies since I started trying (they just keep having them!). I'm sure you're very happy for them, but it's ok to be a little sad for yourself too. It goes to show how the timeline can be completely different for us all. Take care <3<3
    @cscronce So glad you have part of this covered this time around, but yup - that's still a lot of dough! I don't know why - but I originally read that your meds costs $15k (before PIO!!!) Yikes!!!!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @roisis... not this time around, but that was about how much my first one was. Actually a little note all OOP
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @roisis Thank you doll!! And 3 since you started trying ??!? I’m so sorry... it’s sucks because you want to enjoy your nieces and/or nephews but it makes it so hard when having a child is the only thing you want in the world and it seems like everyone is having them but you  :/ sigh. My SIL whole pregnancy I tried to avoid seeing her. Let’s hope Oct is it for us.. I’m ready for some good news for all!! 
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for all the feedback about hcg levels after MC, ladies! I had my second blood draw today but didn't get in there until like 3pm so probably won't get results until tomorrow. On a positive note *tw* I finally stopped spotting and got the clear from my doctor to have sex again haha. 

@mkr_0128 Can't wait to hear how many made it to freeze! Keep us updated.. also, YGPM

@ndz2018 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Did AF ever come?? 
  • @ndz2018 that’s so hard. One of my close friends struggled with IF too and we did our iuis around the same time. When I decided to go for ivf, they gave up and decided to host a foreign exchange student. I found out last week that she’s 11weeks.  I’m super happy for them but bummed for myself. 

Do you you guys think I should put cd1 as yesterday since that’s when I started Lupron injections which is the start of my FET cycle, or the end of next week which is when AF will come and be around day 10 of injections?
  • Three is a good number! Celebrate! As you said most clinics only freeze embryos that are of good quality. I am hopeful for you.
  • @mkr_0128 I understand that feeling but like you said be happy with your 3 healthy embies it won't break the bank too much and for the pregnancy all we need is one anyway! Glad you can start on BCP and FX for end october FET so we can be transfer buddies!
    @cscronce it's so awful that we have to go to financial stress and stress that goes along with the fertility treatment, can't even guaranty that it will work, ugh! Although i was lucky enough to have my insurance covering for the cost of my IVF but I still have the OOP max to pay which is little over 4K. it just so overwhelming seeing this bills coming, especially knowing that the fresh transfer didn't work that just increase my anxiety as we getting closer to the FET. but i gotta stay positive...
    @ndz2018 sos orry AF is till not here but keep us posted as what your clinic has decided to do. ans my sister is pregnant  too of her 3rd one and have been thru a lot of m/c so i understand that feel happy for her but at the same time sad for yourself. for my sister, all of her pregnancies were natural she doesn't have any trouble getting pregnant is keeping the pregnancy to term the issue. where on my end can't even get a BFP! geeeeeeeeeeeez! that makes me so sad! hope october is our month!
  • Thank you @cscronce!

@babydust2507 yes hopefully our days will be close!! 
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited September 2018
    @mkr_0128 3 is great! That’s how many blasts I got from my cycle too and they were all top quality. My clinic also discards anything that isn’t of great quality. My doctor said that with three frozen transfers at my age (30) and no known fertility issues on my end, its a 90% chance of a pregnancy. And it seems like we’re in similar situations age and diagnosis wise so hopefully that applies to you, too! Hopefully you get your calendar ASAP
  • @ndz2018 It's funny - my bro and his wife got a lot of negativity about having their third so soon, there was complications with their second that they knew would happen again - but all three are perfectly fine. Some people were saying it was ridiculous that they had them so close together (they had 3 under 3 - without twins!), which I know really upset them. Ironically I'm the most supportive of them; the way I see it - If you want lots of children and will love them and can have them - then no-one should ever tell you otherwise! It made me realise that people can be interfering/opinionated assholes about when and how you should plan your family in many different ways (not just in relation to IF)!! Actually my bro was very considerate and came to my house to tell me privately (he knew she was due around my first due date - which was rough) and I really appreciated this. 
    Good luck again today - let us know how you get on <3
    @mkr_0128  Yay for three!! I got three frosties from my last ER and my RE told me this was a great result :smile:  It's hard to know what number we'd be happy with - I was delighted with three - although I only got one the fits time - so I had a different frame of reference than you - butt still -  I think three is a great number!!
    @cscronce Did I miss the end of one of your messages? It looks like you were going to say something about OOP....?
    @leilee101 woo-hoo - funtime in your house this weekend :wink::blush:
    @purplg8r The CD1 is only for our own comparison so don't worry about it, I'd probably go with first day of period - but whichever you prefer to do :smile:

**History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @mkr_0128 Congrats on your 3 frosties!! I am sure they are perfect, most clinics will not keep any that do not look good to freeze.

Lupron side effects kicked in early this time.  Last night I was sweating so much I had to change my pj's. Hope my body adjusts and gets used to the medication, bc I just saw my calendar again and I have 24 more daily doses.  I really can't remember, but i don't recall having this much sweating.  I have acupuncture today and she always asks about sweating, so I guess there must be a point she can work on for this.....I hope!
  • Thank you @leilee101 and @roisis! That gives me some relief :) 

@mama2b1974 thank you! Hopefully the acupuncture helps a bit! I haven't used lupron before so I can't say whether I experienced that or when, but I will be using it this cycle. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @roisis Ha! My mom was the same way! 3 kids under 3 with my sister and I 11 months apart :) I’m glad you’re super supportive of them! I’m just being a bitter Betty after all my delays. I would never let them know how I feel ... its so nice to have people who " get it" to talk to :) 

@leilee101 nope, still nothing! I’ll ask the doc to do an ultrasound and see whats going on in there today. I have no doubt that its the stress from getting delayed... this last time really was tough on me emotionally because we were ready.

@mkr_0128  Congrats on 3 embryos!!! Did your nurse ever get back to you on the grading of them??

@purplg8r I agree with @roisis either date is fine....which ever one you'd like to go by :) I'm not doing lupron I see lots of women that its part of their protocol but haven't ever ask.. what exactly is it for? I used it to trigger for my ER but thats it. 

@kate35 Good luck with your Endo scratch today!!

Thank you all for your kind words. I love my nieces so very much and am so grateful for them but I really really want me own child ... if anyone understands I know all of you do! I'm hoping this appointment today goes smoothly and we can get going as soon as AF shows her stubborn ass! Lets hope the RE is on board with us,  if she's not I have a back up plan with another clinic and I'll tell her she can go F herself !!! 

• @ndz2018 thank you!! NO, she has not returned my phone call or email. I'm at work today so I haven't had a chance to really call again. I think I will leave her another message this afternoon after work or tomorrow... 

Good for you for having a back up! Though I hope your appointment goes well and AF shows up so you can get going! 
  • @ndz2018 eager to hear how things went today! Hoping everything went well so you don’t have to deal with moving your embryos to a new clinic 

My hcg levels dropped from 2,400 to 466 in a week so hopefully they reach 0 by next week! Nothing can start until AF anyways but it’s like just one more step towards that’s process. Can’t believe I’m excited about dropping hcg levels, oh IF you total mind f*ck

hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • @roisis I agree with what you said about people trying to have their say on how you should plan your family, Since I have been TTC for 4 years almost, I hate when someone is pregnant and because she has toddler or whatever they're gonna say " she is pregnant again ! " like you're not helping them paying the diapers and daycare so if they're having more kids it means they can afford it so just rejoice with them! And I'm talking about the people that are not having trouble to conceive and I'm not talking about you @ndz2018 because I get it too, feel that way also girl sometimes  ;) and there is nothing wrong with that!
    sorry @mama2b1974 with your Lupron side effects, hope you get to feel better soon. I took Lupron for my IVF cycle too my was on so many meds don't even know which one was giving me all these side effects. hang in there girlfriend!
    how did your appt go @ndz2018 ?
    Hope you're recovering well from your endo scratch @katie35 looking forward to hearing from you again!
    @leilee101 glad that your HCG is going down, and AF will be back before you know it !
  • katie35katie35 member
    edited September 2018
    @mama2b1974 Lupron always gave me terrible night sweats.  I am pretty sure it is completely normal!!

@ndz2018 thanks for the well wishes.  Endo scratch went good.  Didn't even feel it! Fingers crossed that your AF shows herself soon!!

@mkr_0128 Congrats on your 3 embryos!!

@leilee101 Glad to hear about your HCG levels.  You are getting there!

@babydust2507 Recovering just fine!  Now looking forward to my period starting so we can get this show on the road!! How have you been?!  Holding up ok through the birth control wait to get started??

• @ndz2018
    I was on lupron for my FET -- I was told it suppresses your natural cycle? So everything can be controlled with medicines by the doctor. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Stuck in the house by Hurricane Florence here in NC. So lucky to only have rain and winds. Also still have electricity. There are so many peopl who are experiencing unbelievable flooding. Keep those affected by this hurricane in your thoughts and prayers. My hubby is a sheriff deputy and is out helping with rescues and wellness checks.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited September 2018
    Good morning everyone... thank you for all your well wishes, they really meant a lot! Ok, so good news and ok news. We will be moving forward  :):)   !! If I dont get AF by Monday I am Going in for morning monitoring for BW/US to see what’s going on in there.. my guess is they’ll throw me on provera for a week, induce my period and stick me on BCP. The reason for the BCP is because I requested a saline sono( last one I had Was Nov 2017) and since I had the uterine septum resection in Jan 2018 I wanted to make sure there is no scar tissue or anything that will prevent my embryo from implanting or even worse  my embryo implanting but on scar tissue. The saline sono has to be done between CD 6-14 after that is done and my uterus is still looking good I will stop BCP and start my FET!!! It’s about freaking time! I’m still super nervous something is going to go wrong or be wrong and I dont Want to give my hopes up just yet. Thank you again ladies for all the love!!  
  • YAY @ndz2018 happy for you! stay positive, everything will be ok and I'm glad you can move forward!
    @katie35 I'm glad you are recovering well, I'm still on boring BCP sometimes i forget to take it on time but i have one more week and I'm done with it! ready to start on my FET protocol!
    @cscronce keeping you and your family in my prayers stay home and safe! I also have IL in NC same boat as you and they're ok. is this hurricane going to affect your FET calendar?
  • @cscronce Stay safe out there. Anyone else feeling the effects of Florence? It's looking pretty rough from over here.
    @ndz2018 How did the appointment go? I hope you got the response you were looking for.
    I just wanted to drop a quick note to say I'll be offline for ~10 days as I'm off on holidays. The Bump app isn't actually available outside the US, so I likely won't be online at all (so I plan to hide away and pretend IF isn't an issue!!). I'll chat to you all when I get back - take care all <3<3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• Thank you @katie35! I'm hoping your AF comes soon! It feels good to be another step closer even if you have to deal with the dreadful AF :) 

@cscronce thinking of you and everyone in the path or experiencing it's effects!! 

Good to hear @ndz2018!!!! So happy for you :)

Enjoy your holiday and the relaxation @roisis!!!  <3
  • @mkr_0128 congrats on your 3!  I understand the disappointment but hopefully you’ll be successful!!

@mama2b1974 I’m sorry you’re having side effects!  I swear so much at night that I don’t know if the Lupron is affecting me. 

@ndz2018 is it bad that I have no idea why I’m on Lupron?  They probably told me but I don’t remember. I’m glad you have a plan!!

@leilee101 I’m glad your levels are dropping nicely!

@cscronce hurricanes are no joke!  Stay safe!

@roisis have so much fun on your trip!! Where are you headed to?  (But if you do get the urge to bump on the app, you can!  I’ve used it in Shanghai, London,& Paris)
  • @ndz2018 I hope that af comes for you soon. She's a wretched betch! Good thinking on asking for an u/s. Thank the fertility gods for af induction meds! Hugs to you <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• *lurking* @ndz2018 YAY!!! I'm so happy for you friend! That was the best news to hear today! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3