Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• @justharrison YEAH!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @justharrison those are some really nice looking progression hpt! Fx that beta continues to double nicely!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @justharrison -  sorry I have been stalking the board.  I am in your spot as well but my perspective is different. 10 years ago  I had a 21 beta slowly start and turn out ok for a male FET.   I transferred the same day as you this time with a male embryo and 10dpt I am at 61. Hang in there.  I saw two similar starting betas last month in the August thread and they both turned out ok.   I hate being in beta hell too.

• @sunnyinatx i stalk boards too  :) Thank you for your words of encouragement, i wish all of us going through IF got a pass on beta hell. Hopefully all of us are lucky this month. Do you remember your previous beta numbers ?
  • @justharrison 9dpt 21/ 11dpt43/  14dpt 312
  • @northbeach3 I’m ok....this was our last embryo so we have big decisions ahead of us. DH knows. Went into this trying not to get our hopes up but we are obviously disappointed. I haven’t actually seen him in person since Sunday due to his work schedule. So happy he can do my PIO tonight. 

Beta officially scheduled for Sunday. After reading the comment on male embryos being slow starters I was actually hoping for Monday for my beta. Maybe my spotting was just implantation and he took his time. I don’t know what to think. 

• I got my beta results today and the number is at 784!!  Big numbers. I go in Monday for another test to make sure they are doubling!!! ♡♡♡♡ FX for the rest of you ladies to have a successful transfer and A BFP. 
  • oh my gosh! that's awesome @justharrison! I was reading all the posts, catching with everyone and was sad as I was reading your first post and going down with the nice and comforting words from the other ladies and when I saw your update that brought a big smile on my face! will be praying for your for a miracle news on Sunday!  
    @J1006 I'm so sorry for your BFN, when is your beta again?
    welcome @mamakrystal34! so HSG and IUI wasn't a solution for you? I thought for blocked tube they do HSG to solve it and for the low sperm IUI can still do the trick, no?
  • Congratulations @Knottie1454544148. Those numbers indicate twins. 

@justharrison good to see darker lines. Hope ur nurses are wrong about CP.

@J1006 sorry for no line yet. But I think there is still hope.
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    My lab results came, my estradiol is 181, progestrprog is 56. Beta scheduled for 24th.

I feel nothing, No symptoms at all except being gassy. Had mild cramps for 2 days and thats it. 

@northbeach3 gearing up for Monday?
  • @bkatp cramping & gas are definitely good signs. I’m not sure if I’ve had any sxs. But I want some cramps so bad that I think I feel them but I’m still not sure. Lol

@northbeach3 are you guys ready for your Monday transfer? Wishing you some good sticky baby dust!
  • I have a question, how do we calculate dpt? I transferred on 12th will today be 3dpt or 4 dpt (which includes 12th) ? 
  • J1006J1006 member
    edited September 2018
    Today would be 3dpt. I don’t believe the transfer day is included. So I transferred on the 6th so I’m 9 dpt. Tomorrow is 10dpt which is when my office schedules betas. 

So another negative this morning.  Pretty much need a miracle at this point. So glad I get to go in tomorrow though instead of Monday. 
  • hang in there @J1006 and FX your appt goes well and get some good news!
    GL on your transfer on monday @northbeach3!
    congratulationa on you beta @Knottie1454544148 those are excellent numbers whoop whoop!
  • @bkatp you dont include the transfer day, 24 hrs past the time of transfer is day 1 and 24 hours after that is day 2 and so on and so forth. All this stuff is so confusing ( i got to where i wrote everthing down in a binder under I memorized it because there was so much to know and it was all important) 
  • jusgigijusgigi member
    edited September 2018
    @J1006 what brand of tests are you using? There is still some hope, i have read in previous boards of people getting negatives on hpt until 12-15 dpt but having a positive beta. I completely understand about wanting to go in as early as possible- i dont like tontake the PIO shots a day longer than necessary 
  • @bkatp and @babydust2507 thank you for your words of encouragement. Im starting to feel a little more hopeful each day. I so hope that my beta tomorrow is atleast in the 100s.

• @j1006 another bfn is surely disappointing. Are you still spotting (or was that justharrison?) I forget, are you in a place with IVF coverage or partial coverage? I know the decision to cycle again is largely dependent on cost, and then maybe age. I definitely feel like my window to do another ER cycle is closing since I just turned 37.  :/

@justharrison well the sticks look promising. It sounds like you have had some experience with past chemicals. I was going to caution that my last slow start did not end well. My clinic starts testing around 6dpt so my first hcg level was 6.5. We did four betas but no growth during week 6-7. I certainly hope
    this is not the case but was going to say it’ll probably be several more weeks of limbo. (Shakes fist as IF)

afm, thanks to all for the well wishes. My single childless friend is calling this my “last weekend before jail.” Mostly bc I keep saying I’m doing all these last things before Monday including eating a poke (raw fish) bowl, going to my work out class, getting a massage, and drinking booze. Since we’re in Vegas, I’ve planned a staycation on the strip with the dh. Our 4yr anniversary is next week too, so have some nice dinners planned. It will also  include our last opportunities to BD before the transfer. :). My RE says no sex until week 12! 

As far as rituals go, I do have acupuncture planned before and after transfer and will probably pick up a pineapple. I’ve actually grown to like the core. I still have half a bag of Brazil nuts from all past transfers. Don’t have my post transfer calendar but think my first beta will be the following Monday. 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Looking promising @justharrison!!  

@northbeach3. GOOD LUCK!!  I really hope this is the one for you :heart:

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited September 2018
    Hey ladies. So I poas yesterday and today. I’ve been here previously x2 so I’m going to keep on holding my breath. 

• @mrsyng that’s quite a line for 5dpt!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @northbeach3 im trying not to get my hopes up too much. However the cramping has stopped and the spotting is almost nonexistent and my lines are getting darker so maybe its a good thing. 
    Enjoy your weekend!! That nice to get away before the transfer and dreaded tww.
    thanks @mayflower513 im hoping that september is the month for all of us!
    @mrsyng those are beautiful lines! I cant believe that you have such a dark one for 4dpt! I have my FX for you!
  • @mrsyng congratulations. I remember u transferred 2, so the dark lines might Indicate twins. 

All of your tests are tempting me to test, but I asking myself will I do anything differently if I know the result before beta - my answer is no, for me no benefit of knowing it now other disappointment if it is negative. Trying to hold myself to no testing till beta 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited September 2018
    Sorry I’ve been MIA this past week- I’ve been traveling at work and I didn’t have a moment to get on here. Maybe the distraction from IF was a good thing? Anyway, lining check from last Tuesday was 8.3, whereas last time was 11 so I was kind of bummed, hope that’s good enough! I wonder why it could be so different from time to time. I need to catch up here but good luck with transfer tomorrow @northbeach3!
    Edited to add I start PIO tonight.
  • Beta officially negative. GL to everyone! I’ll be rooting for you!
  • northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited September 2018
    Major bummer @ j1006. Did the re say anything about possible explanations? or counsel on next steps?

@mrsyng I somehow missed your exciting post! Are you hoping to have twins? Seems like a pretty good shot! ;) I forget, did you only transfer 1 during the May cycle?

glad to see you pop in @Momifbysea !  My re wants above 8.0 for transfer but yes, I had the opposite effect this time. My lining is much thicker but I attribute it to starting on a higher does of estrogen this time. My boobs are soooooo sore. :(

@justharrison I forget is your second beta today or Monday? Either way let’s go HCG!!!

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 it was just a nurse who called with results. I have to call tomorrow morning to schedule a follow up.
  • jusgigijusgigi member
    edited September 2018
    @J1006 im so sorry  :( . Do you know what younwill do next? Do you have any more frozen?
  • @justharrison those are great beta #'s!! i'm excited and hopeful for you :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    @northbeach3 good luck with the transfer. @justharrison congratulations on good beta 2. That's the value for 12 dpt correct?

@J1006 sorry to hear about BFN. Please stay strong to try again. 
  • @justharrison yay for great numbers! 
    We don’t have any more frozen. That was our last one. We only had two and the first one ended in a CP.  We will most likely move on to adoption. I am interested to see what my RE has the say. We are OOP for everything and would rather put the money way toward adoption vs another IVF round that could end the same way.  

@northbeach3 GL at your transfer tomorrow!!
  • thanks everyone for the well wishes!

@bkatp yes today was 12dpt (so it was a doubling time of about 31 hrs). My doctor called me this evening and said that if everything is on track on friday, it would be safe to assume that it just got off to a slow start (from being male and/or FET). He was surprised himself with my numbers.
    @J1006 we have also looked into adoption (and might end up there down the road) we have spent almost 50k on ivf (everything included- meds, genetic testing etc) and once we have put back all our embryos cant see spending anymore money with no guarantee. I wish you lots of luck!! Hopefully your doctor can offernypu some insight
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    @J1006 good luck with what ever decision you take. Also how complex is the process for adoption? 

@justharrison glad to know things are working out in a good path. I asked because my beta on 12dpt. I needed some reference value of BFP. 
    When is ur ultrasound scheduled? Will they do another beta before that ?
  • @justharrison woo that sounds promising. I hope that everything is on track from this point forward!! When is your first us?

Had lovely weekend with the dh. Can’t believe transfer is only 12 hours away! While I’ll be home staying off my feet, have lots of work to catch up on while in bed. :/ and then it’s back to teaching on Tuesday. No rest for the weary. :smile:

• @J1006 I’m so sorry beta was negative and please take the time to grieve. I hope you will get your little one through adoption.

good luck today with transfer @northbeach3. I also transferred 2 back in may and had crappy betas to start. 

@justharrison that’s great your beta doubled! Are you going for beta #3 or straight to an ultrasound?

afm, I’ve been testing for progression and I’m not really see it darkening and beta is tomorrow at 8dpt.  :|

• @mrsyng
    For what it's worth, I think it looks progressively darker. 7dpt line seems more solid than 6 dpt, imo.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 thanks for giving me a little more hope. DH also said it was slightly darker but I just don’t see it and sometimes he’s eyes aren’t as trustworthy. Lol
  • I think it is slightly darker too, good luck with ur beta tomorrow @mrsyng. 8 dpt is too early. I am having to wait till 12dpt, I want to know as early as possible. so I can take action what ever it is. 
  • @mrsyng lurking to say that's a definite line progression... you'll drive yourself crazy comparing tests (says the girl who compared all of the tests, all of the times). Good luck tomorrow!